Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892696 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oluwafunkenny: 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hello, I have pinged Heliano for you, she will get in touch if she has not.

demi2000:
How do I do that pls . Thanks for sending the PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 1:39pm On Mar 07, 2015
patricia23:

If your baby has a Nigerian passport, the fee would be cheaper, I dunno how that works but when I tried booking my daughters ticket two years ago, delta told me about $400, then wen I called back saying she had a Nigerian passport, I was quoted $200.

I did najia passport for my baby which was what we used it still didn't change the fee.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
@ olokings
@ Amazing85

I have replied your pm's. Pls check
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DFJ12: 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
Pls who has used Detroit as POE?whats the experience like cos thats where Airfrance frm abuja is heading pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uchetobi(f): 3:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
Luckychild2015:

They might say they don't believe the bank statement. Can't I show them the $4k and the #1m cash? Atlest they will see that I have cash on me. Can I get dollars for the naira in US? I will appreciate u guys response pls.

Carrying Naira does not help you in any way. You can't change it abroad and they know

So if you need the money for Poe bet to change it to dollars. If you don't need it for Poe but you need it to pay your bills. Put it in your bank acc and get an ATM card for it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uchetobi(f): 3:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
Justwise I see doctoresperati advert on our Nairaland page. That's good. So theyv decided to do the right thing instead of paying agents to leave false reviews here

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uchetobi(f): 3:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
Newmumi:

I have just called the Delta Int Line and was told that I have to pay $4750 for a one way ticket for babys seat. There is no discount. The alternative is to pay $435 and put baby on my lap. For a 13hr journey

I have read stuff here on Delta and how they are not very baby friendly but can anyone who has gone back share how convinient it was to put baby on the lap for the whole of the journey. I am yet to pay as I am still very confused. And Will I be allowed to go in with car seat? To keep baby strapped for take off & landing? IF I get a bassinet, how does that work with keeping baby on laps?? My seat is a premium economy one. Pls I need advice ASAP as travel date is close. Thank you all in advance.

Put the baby on your laps and request a bassinet.

I had a bassinet but my baby refused to stay in it anyways so I carried her all thru. Wasn't a big deal at all. She slept and slept and I had a far better time than mums with toddlers that were on my flight

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
uchetobi:
Justwise I see doctoresperati advett on out Nairaland page. That's good. So theyv decided to do the right thing instead of paying agents to leave false reviews here

Yes, actually they started since last year and another US company offering accommodation services. Their agents weren't happy when they were banned from doing in-thread ad here...now doing the right thing as you said.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ochioraumu: 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
please o, can somebody explain to me the benefits of having your baby in the US? I understand that the baby becomes US citizen automatically. But apart from being able to sponsor family members to the US at age 21, what other benefits are there prior to that age? Do you as the mother become entitled to getting permanent residence? Can you then bring over your other children, even if they are not US citizens?

i really need to understand these things to enable me decide how much risk i am willing to take for this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demi2000: 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
No I don't have quote from the hospital. But I have from the one in new jersey. I want to know about hers cos it's closer to where I know people. Thanks for explaining the process.

kizluv:

Search for Heliano here on NL, open her profile, click on send Heliano an E-mail, when she replies that automated mail, you can tell her what you want. Friday close, means you don't have correspondence from the hospital and doctor ? Or you just want to know what dcmh charges.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demi2000: 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
oluwafunkenny:

Hello, I have pinged Heliano for you, she will get in touch if she has not.

Thank you so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Bijouu: 5:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hi everyone, I have been following this trend of recent and I really appreciate everyones' contribution to our issues. I am a May mum and I will love to please know if anyone is using MONTERRA APARTMENT in Phoenix , that is MHIS so we can hook up.....I plan to be in MHIS in march ending
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mummyprincess: 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hello house!
Pls how do I get to our part 1? Want to go look up some things.

Meanwhile, my appointment with Dr Fagbohun yesterday was excellent. I had all my questions written out n he took his time to answer all of them.
I hope my subsequent experiences will not be anything less.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nkem234: 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
mummyprincess:
Hello house!

Meanwhile, my appointment with Dr Fagbohun yesterday was excellent. I had all my questions written out n he took his time to answer all of them.
https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mummyprincess: 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
mummyprincess:
Hello house!

Go to page 0 and you will see a link to part 1.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OMary83: 7:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
[quote author=chloe7 post=31386542]u need to fill d form and register for Internet banking in Gtbank and have a token for ur transactions.u can only pay for a Usa visa fee with a Gtbank current account.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
demi2000:

Thank you so much
Heliano said I can give your her email, send me a PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by caprock(m): 8:20pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hello All, I need information about a good hospital and reliable doctor in Maryland. How much do I have to budget for everything.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Okeksmama: 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hello house, I have been a silent nairalanda and would like to give back to the forum as I have been given.
I arrived Houston via Atlanta using delta airline, it was smooth all d way cus as someone suggested I think phema I requested for a wheelchair right from naija airport .
Poe story at Atlanta goes thus
I was wheeled to the guy who was pure black which I Thot was good as I had heard stories of Asians that were quite mean.
Poe: what are u here for
Me: to give birth and also for vacation(I was with my 2 kids non citizens)
Poe: oh! U have a docs appointment? And have you paid?
Me: yes I v an appointment but haven't paid- showed him email conversation with my doc in Houston
Poe: how much do you have with u
Me: told him d amt(a little over 4k) which was all I was able to buy with pta but I had mr credit n debit card
Poe: good make sure u pay your bills n bring your zero balance wen comin next.
That was it he stamped us in for d normal 6 months btw my visa expires first week of April n I didn't bring any foodstuff..
It lasted max 2 mins.thanks to you all.

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Trk2013: 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hello Bijouu,
Just sent you a pm.

Bijouu:
Hi everyone, I have been following this trend of recent and I really appreciate everyones' contribution to our issues. I am a May mum and I will love to please know if anyone is using MONTERRA APARTMENT in Phoenix , that is MHIS so we can hook up.....I plan to be in MHIS in march ending
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
mummyprincess:
Hello house!

Follow this link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/400#up

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 10:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
[quote author=Okeksmama post=31402120]

Congrats on your successful POE story and welcome.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 4:49am On Mar 08, 2015
Ochioraumu:
please o, can somebody explain to me the benefits of having your baby in the US? I understand that the baby becomes US citizen automatically. But apart from being able to sponsor family members to the US at age 21, what other benefits are there prior to that age? Do you as the mother become entitled to getting permanent residence? Can you then bring over your other children, even if they are not US citizens?

i really need to understand these things to enable me decide how much risk i am willing to take for this.
Yes, your child can only file for you when he/she is 21 years. prior to that age, she can live in both USA and Nigeria. you and her other sibling who are not citizen must get a visa to visit the USA and can not be a resident until he/she turns 21 years and file for you. well the rule might change later in future but for now that is it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 7:12am On Mar 08, 2015
zeezahbee:
Yes, your child can only file for you when he/she is 21 years. prior to that age, she can live in both USA and Nigeria. you and her other sibling who are not citizen must get a visa to visit the USA and can not be a resident until he/she turns 21 years and file for you. well the rule might change later in future but for now that is it

In addition to this, an application to file for family member(siblings) takes yearssssss before a final decision is reached and a green card issued. I have heard it could take as long as 10years or more.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
mummyprincess:
Hello house!

Good to know he's changing and finding time now. Pls i'd like to know if he gave u an appointment date before leaving Naija and how? Alson does Dr FF give any letters of appointment for use at the embassy or POE if I request. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
tbaby2015:

Good to know he's changing and finding time now. Pls i'd like to know if he gave u an appointment date before leaving Naija and how? Alson does Dr FF give any letters of appointment for use at the embassy or POE if I request. Thanks

He does not give appointment date before arrival. You will call the office to book when you get here. For embassy and POE, no letter of appointment is given by him. His email correspondence with you and the price quote he sends is sufficient.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ralphlauren:

In addition to this, an application to file for family member(siblings) takes yearssssss before a final decision is reached and a green card issued. I have heard it could take as long as 10years or more.
correct like 3-5years sometimes

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adeniyitob: 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
Hello House,
Pls how long does it take before an appointment is booked for you upon your arrival in Houston for those using Dr Fagbohun. I am a July mum but ll arrive in new jersey in the first week of June before going to Houston so I am thinking I should call an get an appointment booked while in new jersey since am just spending few days der.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by caprock(m): 5:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
Adeniyitob:
Hello House,
Pls how long does it take before an appointment is booked for you upon your arrival in Houston for those using Dr Fagbohun. I am a July mum but ll arrive in new jersey in the first week of June before going to Houston so I am thinking I should call an get an appointment booked while in new jersey since am just spending few days der.

Hello, how do we contact Dr Fagbohu in Houston. Any email or phone number. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by babs4all: 5:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
Please House, I need information regarding Visa Interview in Abuja with my wife and child. She's going to birth in the U.S. we got correspondence from Dr Fagbohun. Anyone with Abuja Visa experience should please share with me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by pattyreal(f): 5:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
babs4all:
Please House, I need information regarding Visa Interview in Abuja with my wife and child. She's going to birth in the U.S. we got correspondence from Dr Fagbohun. Anyone with Abuja Visa experience should please share with me.

U can click on phema's profile or my profile on page 1. Our interviews were in abuja

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.