Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892408 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 4:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
shamecurls:
Hello House,

Please do i have to get to Atlanta before i can get a Nigerian passport for my baby? I am presently in Dallas and will like to know if there is any agent i can use around there to save myself the cost and stress of flying.

Your contributions will be highly appreciated

Greetings shamecurls.
Please if u may. .can u tell me which hospital u used in Dallas as well as their prices and further advice me in accommodation.
My wife is due Sept. .flight tickets bought n all. .buh yet to conclude in hospital and accommodation. 
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
Greetings house.
Please I need urgent advice on birthing (hospitals) options and accomodation in Dallas.
My wife is due Sept 2015 and flight already booked for august 1st arrival in Dallas... wanna ve dem enjoy dinner summer time chill out b4 delivery.
Thanks n very much appreciated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Virtuousdiva: 5:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
Thank God for safe delivery and for following my instincts irrespective of assorted critics grin.Doctoreperati ooo,Eastside women's clinic,Del Sol Medical Centre,Drs and Nurses all treated me well and I know that all the people who have used them will testify.I am going back to my motherly duties.If you know you will be coming to Elpaso between ending of March and mid April,send me a pm if you are interested in kitchen utensils so you don't buy any.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=shadetwins post=31350982][/quote]
No they were full term. 37 weeks 6days and their birth weight was fine. 2.7kg and 2.5kg.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 7:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hello everyone, my mother in law got her visa today at abuja embassy. She went with all the documents I gave her but none was checked. She can't speak English so she needed an interpreter but they dint allow my dh in. So my dh got a plain sheet, wrote my name, my doctors name, the hospital I used, the address of where I'm staying and the twins name and gave it to her. And told her if she doesn't understand anything she should just give the v.o.
As she got in, she told them she can't speak or understand English, so they got her an interpreter.
V.O:ask her name and she responds
V.O: ask how many children she has, she responds
V.O: asks why Shea going to the U.S
MIL: her DIL gave birth to twins and she wants to go and take care of then and help bring them back cos the planes won't allow me bring two babies at once then gives her the paper my dh gave her.
V.O: asks if Im going to be living here while she brings the babies or I just came her to give birth (tricky question)
MIL: shouts NO, that we re both coming back with the babies.
V.o hands her the white paper and ask her to come for her visa and tells her to take care of the twins... My mil was confused, so someone told her the v.o asked her to pick d visa on d address on the white paper. Na so she start to pray for the v.o grin "ose o omo mi, Iwo naa a dagba o, etc" grin and she left

49 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
ogbenyalu:
@shamecurls why get a Nigerian passport for your baby when you can get a nigerian visa in his/her passport its easier dat way then wen u are back in naija u can get d passport. U can do this with an agent. Dat was what we all did back in oct 2014 when i had my baby

Thanks alot. Do you know of any agent that can do that for me in Dallas?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uchetobi(f): 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Lol. The fact is, if a mother is going through this US birth route for one child, then it's best she does it for every other child she's going to have and not rely on a child filing for his or her older or younger siblings. The waiting time is only going to get longer.

The waiting time for parents is much shorter (I think). Uchetobi, please can you confirm the current waiting time for applications where a child over 21 has filed for a parent?

Less than 6 months

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
uchetobi:

Less than 6 months

Wait...
I am getting confused!
For parents it's 6months?
So I get to wait 21yrs and 6 mths and not 26 years?
Is it the one for siblings that is longer?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 7:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
Acks:
wow! Congrats Sayo. May the Lord watch over the cuties. Would av loved to claim this blessing but m hanging boots jare. Congrats once again.
Pls don't grin

Modath... I view u in 5D
Nef how is bump?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
sayoberry:

Pls don't grin

Modath... I view u in 5D
Nef how is bump?

Hey Iya Ibeji, bump has a lot of hiding space before she starts to show o! I have room and parlor self contain in there, fully furnished!

But we are doing well. Been so worried about you being alone with awon ibeji but thank God MIL is on her way! Hang on in there dear! XOXO

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
nefertitiram:

Wait...
I am getting confused!
siblings gat to wait 10years sometimes. I have someone still waiting. its turn by turn.
its by priority and there's a bulletin that shows how long they have to wait
1.spouse
2.parent
3.then siblings and other extended family grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
zeezahbee:
sibling gat to wait 10years sometimes. I have someone still waiting. its turn by turn.
its by priority and there's a bulletin that shows how long they have to wait
1.spouse
2.parent
3.then siblings and other extended family grin

Thanks for the clarification
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
nefertitiram:

Wait...
I am getting confused!

Once the child is 21, she can file for green card for her parents. That takes around 6months.

Application time for siblings is much, much longer. The link posted by uchetobi proves that the current waiting time is 15years.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
Who knows any agent that can get me a Nigerian Visa in Dallas.

Suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=shamecurls post=31463027][/quote]

Okie. .I'll be waiting for the bills. ... I was earlier considering using the JPS as well. .buh scanning 4 anyone whom has used them first. .will be awaiting your further reply.
Tnx a bunch.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
@sayoberry,O dear! I'm so happy for your story! Thank God for His goodness. Hope you are doin great with the twins. God bless you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
sayoberry:

Pls don't grin

Modath... I view u in 5D
Nef how is bump?

Me wey dey maintain my GHOST mode, how u take see me? grin..
I'm so happy that your MIL will soon join you,I don badmouth you to people wey no even get any idea about NL. Managing twins with CS residual aches and pains aint no picnic. You are a machine. shocked

I go still dey lurk here while hoping and praying that before june,Naira would have found its way out of the pit it's presently in...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bj2012golf(m): 9:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
@sayoberry congrats on visa of your MIL, thank God she will join you to assist with the twins

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lalavita: 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2015
Congrats on your MIL visa! Been wondering how you have been managing with twins on your own...plus CS recovery. Really very inspiring.

sayoberry:

No they were full term. 37 weeks 6days and their birth weight was fine. 2.7kg and 2.5kg.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Congrats!

Sent u a pm. I'm interested in the utensils. Thank you

[quote author=Virtuousdiva post=31459351]Thank God for safe delivery and for following my instincts irrespective of assorted critics grin.Doctoreperati ooo,Eastside women's clinic,Del Sol Medical Centre,Drs and Nurses all treated me well and I know that all the people who have used them will testify.I am going back to my motherly duties.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by customised87: 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
shamecurls:
Who knows any agent that can get me a Nigerian Visa in Dallas.

Suggestions will be highly appreciated.

You can either use an agent for the visa or u can do the application yourself using the USPS like u did the US passport. I am presently not using any agent for mine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 11:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
customised87:

You can either use an agent for the visa or u can do the application yourself using the USPS like u did the US passport. I am presently not using any agent for mine.

Can you please help with a step by step approach on how to do these? I already sent you a mail.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
@ nita2013 and airpure: thank u for ur responses,will follow ur advices. Stay blessed!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 12:16am On Mar 10, 2015
shamecurls:

Can you please help with a step by step approach on how to do these? I already sent you a mail.

Thanks in advance.
While waiting for her response, Check Tvegas post, he already outlined the step by step approach to getting documents.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 12:20am On Mar 10, 2015
sayoberry:
Hello everyone, my mother in law got her visa today at abuja embassy.
You still get power for NL? Wow, I agree with Modath, you are a machine. I wish you strength...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by vamum: 3:06am On Mar 10, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Once the child is 21, she can file for green card for her parents. That takes around 6months.

Application time for siblings is much, much longer. The link posted by uchetobi proves that the current waiting time is 15years.

Great job clarifying. It doesn't make sense to wait on a sibling application if the age difference between the siblings is not up to 10years (no one wants to wait that long). Another complication is that If the sibling has gotten married and has kids, his/her family has to wait for the beneficiary to go to the US (10 - 15 years) before he/she can now file for them as a green card holder which takes another 3-5 years.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demi2000: 7:07am On Mar 10, 2015
kizluv:

While waiting for her response, Check Tvegas post, he already outlined the step by step approach to getting documents.

Kizluv I don't think am doing the pm thing right I have sent it like 3xs and u have not responded . Pls can u send it to me and we can take it up from there . Fri is here already.abeg o. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 8:47am On Mar 10, 2015
Oresmum:

Send me a message for the details.

@ oresmum
Sent you a pm for the 9ja visa guy contact in dallas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.