Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (896651 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 11:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
Once you have naija passport,you don't need a visa.

When returning to naija,just present both the naija passport and the American passport.

Visa is $350. That's what a couple of pple I know in El Paso paid for it. They used one Edwin guy in Atlanta. But I hear if you go to naija embassy yourself to do it,its less dan $200

Newmum15:
This is quiet informative.But are you saying you paid $232 for Naija passport alone?How much did you now pay for visa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 11:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
dyout:

Please I also need ur conatct. Coming by October

PM me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 12:14am On Jun 20, 2015
Hello house,
I just received a bill of almost $100 from Rio Grande Pathology Services,Dallas for tests they say they carried out on me and my baby. I don't knw who they are,I'm not aware of any of these tests carried out on me or my baby at the hospital.

Please has any1 who used doctoresparati in El Paso gotten any bill like this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 12:47am On Jun 20, 2015
isysleek:
Once you have naija passport,you don't need a visa.

When returning to naija,just present both the naija passport and the American passport.

Visa is $350. That's what a couple of pple I know in El Paso paid for it. They used one Edwin guy in Atlanta. But I hear if you go to naija embassy yourself to do it,its less dan $200

Oh ok,been wondering about that.thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gratefulaheart: 3:32am On Jun 20, 2015
Hello Biobioliscious, i am in Elpaso. I just sent you a pm. Pls respond. Need to talk to you urgently. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 4:46am On Jun 20, 2015
Thanking God for journey mercies. Got into phoenix, long journey but smooth poe experience. I used british airways with my mum and 16months old son, lagos to heathrow, 7hours wait @ heathrow then heathrow straight to phoenix.
Hi,welcome to phoenix
Me: thank you
Purpose of coming
Me: child birth
Oh,good. How much do you have on you?
Me: $10510 cash and a little above $7000 in my card
*takes our finger print and hands me our passports. I then asked if he wanted to see d cash and card,says no and directs me to another officer
Hi
Me:hello
You just have to fill a form since you have above $10000
Me: ok
Now you are free to go
Me: oh,thanks
* my son has a blue passport,no questions asked,no zero balance requested,i declared that I had food on me,no food or cash requested to be seen. The officers here are truly nice and God is so great!
* suffered much trying to settle down, guess d long journey contributed.
* thanks to the almighty God and the wonderful people whose contributions helped me make up my mind to come here. Hoping for a stressfree appointment on monday

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 6:12am On Jun 20, 2015
Yes, we all got this bill separately. The good thing is you can settle it online with your card. They are the company responsible for all the blood tests carried out on you at the hospital. Your blood samples must have been taken when you got there, they would have taken samples for your baby too.

isysleek:
Hello house,
I just received a bill of almost $100 from Rio Grande Pathology Services,Dallas for tests they say they carried out on me and my baby. I don't knw who they are,I'm not aware of any of these tests carried out on me or my baby at the hospital.

Please has any1 who used doctoresparati in El Paso gotten any bill like this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 7:01am On Jun 20, 2015
Nogen:

PM me

Please I don't knw how this PM stuff works. dyout@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozzy2: 7:57am On Jun 20, 2015
Hello all, please for d mothers currently in Phoenix kindly let us know what is happening with MIHS. I learnt they are no longer taking patient about 46 patients have being turned down since Monday even when you have an already existing appointment with them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 8:21am On Jun 20, 2015
Newmum15:
This is quiet informative.But are you saying you paid $232 for Naija passport alone?How much did you now pay for visa?

If she got a Naija passport she doesn't need a visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Jibbie2015: 8:29am On Jun 20, 2015
greetings to this wonderful house,

l m very interested in Mihs cos of my budget and i have a couple of questions to ask before i send in my application abeg. i have gone thru part 1 and 2 of this threa already.

first, has anyone applied recently to the embassy using mihs as point of reference and an agent as the contact person in phoenix?
abeg what are my chances here with the application as i understand i will most likely just get a letter of appointment from the hospital. how do i also get a correspondence directly from an obgyn as part of my burden of proof at the embassy.

2. i hav also received an acceptance email fom dr fagbohun/oakbend-texas. just like arizona i dnt knw any body too so will ve to get an apartment. i am just confused abt which route to channel my application thru.

3. my elder sister is in columbus ohio and if i had to choose it will def b columbus. but then hospital fees na fire. evryone on this thread that had mentioned ohio at some point has backed out. has anyone ever used this columbus route before? or have any information on a reasonable hospital in columbus specifically.
I beseach all my gurus in the house... help me as i m a sept mum and i am yet to submit my application and get appointment with the embassy. all my time was wasted searching in ohio. cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by stinux(f): 9:18am On Jun 20, 2015
Hello fello NLers, pls has anyone bought electric breast pump from the USA? If yes, does it work well with nigeria electricity. Pla mamas in rhe house, your urgent response is needed to make a decision. Thanks as always.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 9:43am On Jun 20, 2015
stinux:
Hello fello NLers, pls has anyone bought electric breast pump from the USA? If yes, does it work well with nigeria electricity. Pla mamas in rhe house, your urgent response is needed to make a decision. Thanks as always.

You will need to buy a step down for it, except you buy 240v (specially on amazon) in which case you won't be able to use it till you get to naij

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lollyberry: 10:04am On Jun 20, 2015
[b]Hello fello NLers, pls has anyone bought electric breast pump from the USA? If yes, does it work well with nigeria electricity. Pla mamas in rhe house, your urgent response is needed to make a decision. Thanks as always./b]

my dear sister

i wud advise u not to use any electric breast pump, kindly get a manual breast pump from avent . please oooooo

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 20, 2015
[quote author=stinux post=34951396]Hello fello NLers, pls has anyone bought electric breast pump from the USA? If yes, does it work well with nigeria electricity. Pla mamas in rhe house, your urgent response is needed to make a decision. Thanks as always. [/quote
Electric and battery operated, so I basically use it wit the battery. Electric works wit step down

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamades: 10:13am On Jun 20, 2015
yetigeorge:
am planning to come down to El paso in August, please can you give me ur doctor's details so I can book appointment with him? Will await ur reply.

i got my letters thru doctores Parati, u can send them a mail they will reply u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 10:20am On Jun 20, 2015
You may also look out for the 110 and 240 volts one. Some can work with both.

favoredgal:

You will need to buy a step down for it, except you buy 240v (specially on amazon) in which case you won't be able to use it till you get to naij

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dunwun: 11:23am On Jun 20, 2015
sucre26:

Oh. Alright then. I hope it works out soon

Any luck?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yetigeorge(f): 12:24pm On Jun 20, 2015
Plz i need infor on affordable hospital and doctor inĀ El paso

Plz help ur sis nau
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yetigeorge(f): 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2015
mamades:

i got my letters thru doctores Parati, u can send them a mail they will reply u.

What is their email address sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2015
dunwun:

Any luck?

Nothing yet. I think it's cos of the issues they are having
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gratefulaheart: 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
[quote author=mimibe post=34953123][/quote] what battery do you use dear? And how long does it last? Plus what extra accessories are necessary to buy for a medela double electric?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gratefulaheart: 12:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
favoredgal:

pls what extra accessories should i get for my medela? Which of the parts wear out quickly?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
Gratefulaheart:
what battery do you use dear? And how long does it last? Plus what extra accessories are necessary to buy for a medela double electric?
attached is what I bought, it came wit a battery compartment

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Lialian: 1:51pm On Jun 20, 2015
hello, am looking into giving birth in houston texas, could anyone help with affordable hospital infro. Am a Nigerian on German passport and i dont need a visa to enter US. just need help with hospitals. i will appreciate all the help ican get, Thank you all in advance. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
1. Apply for US visa
2. Read through this thread. i promise, u will learn alot

Lialian:
hello, am looking into giving birth in houston texas, could anyone help with affordable hospital infro. Am a Nigerian on German passport and i dont need a visa to enter US. just need help with hospitals. i will appreciate all the help ican get, Thank you all in advance. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
dyout:
1. Apply for US visa
2. Read through this thread. i promise, u will learn alot

She has a German passport. She does not need a US visa.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demzy88(f): 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
justwise:

Congratulations! Glad it worked out for you.
@sweetg please send me your email address i need to ask you some questions. Thanks or you can reach me on mine ajayidemi@gmail.com..hoping to hear from you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
Phema:

She has a German passport. She does not need a US visa.

Oh i see
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 3:50pm On Jun 20, 2015
@Nogen,pls I need to reach you urgently.I don't know how pm works,you can send me your email address ,mine is odunayomide@yahoo.co.uk.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by gaggle: 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2015
bisilola:
@Nogen,pls I need to reach you urgently.I don't know how pm works,you can send me your email address ,mine is odunayomide@yahoo.co.uk.
Thanks

hi dear,any luck yet on boston. I was looking towards dat direction but the fees I got gave me fever for one week lol.so I decided to go to houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by stinux(f): 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2015
Thanks @ favoredgal

favoredgal:

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.