Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893496 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 7:59am On Jun 23, 2015
Whatever receipts that show you paid for all the services you received.

[quote author=Gagat post=35049169][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dtush(f): 9:14am On Jun 23, 2015
Dear House,

I am using West houston birth center.its basically for natural birth. Although, in case of complications they are just 1km from west houston memorial hospital. i have correspondence from the birth center and that is what i intend applying for my visa with. The total cos for delivery, labs, prenatal and postpartum care is 4000 dollars, and with discounts can reduce to about 3,300. I also bo0ok an hotel near the birth center. I hope i am good to go. Please advice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 10:29am On Jun 23, 2015
zeezahbee:
Speak slowly and gently. Then also ask the person to speak gently and slowly. Lastly u can go through the email route but it might take long to get reply.

Lolzz. Thks yare. Slowly and gently no fit work for this particular lady oo, d tongue don twist pass twist, I Dere not even call d no again ooo.

I don port already.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by GFavor: 10:43am On Jun 23, 2015
Good Mamas in the house, please is anyone travelling to El paso in August. A colleague is due for September and wants to travel in Augiust. Please August Mama's can we hook up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 11:20am On Jun 23, 2015
dtush:
Dear House,

I am using West houston birth center.its basically for natural birth. Although, in case of complications they are just 1km from west houston memorial hospital. i have correspondence from the birth center and that is what i intend applying for my visa with. The total cos for delivery, labs, prenatal and postpartum care is 4000 dollars, and with discounts can reduce to about 3,300. I also bo0ok an hotel near the birth center. I hope i am good to go. Please advice

I'm afraid you might get denied. Why don't you get a proper hospital and present to the embassy instead of a birth centre?

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Lialian: 12:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
hello Oyin,

just checking , Did you travel to US for your childbirth and how did it go? i am on a german passport but currently live in uk. am also planing to travel to have my baby in US. can you please share you experience at the poe and all that.

well appreciated

0yin:

Hello people,

kindly help!!!

- Does one with birtitsh passport require a visa for birthing in the US

- This passport is non transferable to children (before some people start asking why not consider the UK for birthing)

- If one requires a visa what is the process like?

- if the visa is not required what is the process like.

Remember that those with the UK passport have a waiver to the US for 90 days maximum without a visa.

Would appreciate your responses. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by GFavor: 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
@yetigeorge

Are you still travelling in August. Please I will like to hook up with you. My colleague is travelling in August. She speaks French with little English so she needs company.

I used Doctores parati also. I had my baby in February.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 12:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
DeeandGLady:

PM me.

Sent you a pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
modath:

Just manage my sis,its not ideal situation you'd want or expect but what other options are there after doing the great trek from naija? All is well. Take care.

It isn't at all. If not the long distance traveled, money spent on hotel bills and all already I would have ported elsewhere because at least I had a better testimony during my son's birth @ El paso. I pray things improve after my first doctor's appointment though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl03: 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hello everyone,i was scheduled for an interview today in Lagos but I wasn't allowed in and asked to reschedule because they said I booked an appointment before submitting my form which I know it isn't true,I booked my appointment with my mother in law,and she was actually granted the visa.the problem now is that the next available date is quite far and I can't get to reschedule until 2days time.pls wats the meaning of T.B it was actually written on my form undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
beepearl03:
Hello everyone,i was scheduled for an interview today in Lagos but I wasn't allowed in and asked to reschedule because they said I booked an appointment before submitting my form which I know it isn't true,I booked my appointment with my mother in law,and she was actually granted the visa.the problem now is that the next available date is quite far and I can't get to reschedule until 2days time.pls wats the meaning of T.B it was actually written on my form undecided
hello beepearl03 I was also in your shoes and I had to pay another visa fees and i'm yet to get a close by date due to the fact that the next available appointment is quite far, but you might be lucky to get a date in between and that's what I have been doing.
You can call the embassy and reschedule after two working days because that was what I was told.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
dtush:
Dear House,I am using West houston birth center.its basically for natural birth. Although, in case of complications they are just 1km from west houston memorial hospital. i have correspondence from the birth center and that is what i intend applying for my visa with. The total cos for delivery, labs, prenatal and postpartum care is 4000 dollars, and with discounts can reduce to about 3,300. I also bo0ok an hotel near the birth center. I hope i am good to go. Please advice

You will most likely be denied if you go with a correspondence from a Health Center. Your best bet is to go with an affordable hospital. Whichever you decide to use when you get into the US is up to you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl03: 1:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
chloe7:
hello beepearl03 I was also in your shoes and I had to pay another visa fees and i'm yet to get a close by date due to the fact that the next available appointment is quite far, but you might be lucky to get a date in between and that's what I have been doing.
You can call the embassy and reschedule after two working days because that was what I was told.
Pls when should I call because I was told I'm not to pay anymore,and what will be my explanation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Diapearl: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
Congrats dear on the birth of your twins... so wish for twins grin, please am trying to send you a pm.
sayoberry:

Someone asked for this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
beepearl03:
Pls when should I call because I was told I'm not to pay anymore,and what will be my explanation.
01 440 6218 call that number and explain what happened to them I think the line is usually opened till about 4pm or so ,whatever the situation is they will tell you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by augustmom2be: 2:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
Goodday all...Please anyone with POE experience in miami?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
Lialian:

hello Oyin,

just checking , Did you travel to US for your childbirth and how did it go? i am on a german passport but currently live in uk. am also planing to travel to have my baby in US. can you please share you experience at the poe and all that.

well appreciated

Hello,

I've not traveled yet but I plan to use ESTA, visa waiver issh. I guess you are also entitled to it f you have a German passport. But ensure you have to go through the same scrutiny as others ie, hospital and Drs correspondence, some of of cash payment and all. Plus your maximum period of stay on this visa waiver is 90 days not the regular 6 months, so you can plan your trip accordingly.

I'll sure my POE when I get there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yuugo: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
dtush:
Dear House,

Hello can you give me the contact of the hospital or their website. Pls does the $4000K cover all d total payments with hospital

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Lialian: 3:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
thanks Oyin,

wish you God's favor on all your plans. looking forward to hearing from you.

0yin:

Hello,

I've not traveled yet but I plan to use ESTA, visa waiver issh. I guess you are also entitled to it f you have a German passport. But ensure you have to go through the same scrutiny as others ie, hospital and Drs correspondence, some of of cash payment and all. Plus your maximum period of stay on this visa waiver is 90 days not the regular 6 months, so you can plan your trip accordingly.

I'll sure my POE when I get there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenPee(f): 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
[quote author=kizluv post=32766001]

So i had my princess last week @ MoBap, yayyyy
I got a few mails asking for information for missouri baptist, I guess there is no hidden charge.

[color=#006600][color=#006600]
@Kizluv
Congrats on the birth of your princess. God bless her abundantly.

Can you please help me with info on accommodation? Which of the extended stay hotels is near the hospital? I searched online and about 5 came up.
Thank you.[/color][/color]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenPee(f): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hello All
Not sure if @Kizluv will see this.
Can anyone please help me with info on accommodation at St. Louis Missouri close to Mobap? Which of the extended stay hotels is near the hospital? I searched online and about 5 came up.
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mimikoko: 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
Good morning good people, please I have noticed that a lot of hospitals in this US have very 'funny' billing practice.

I have heard stories of outrageous bills being sent weeks or months after delivery even when you have collected zero balance.

I know of someone who got a bill of 7k after 6 weeks of delivery, another got 32k ( because she went in a day b4 delivery with high temperature and they wore masks n other gadgets thinking she had some extremely deadly disease like ebola )

Well, I got a bill of 1,100 after 6 weeks for inpatient pediatrician (totally unexpected) .

My point is that apart from your hospital n Obgyn quote just prepare your mind for any bills that may or may not come and pray very well that it shouldn't be crazy.

Imagine a bill of 32k plus 12k paid previously, most people will have no choice but to take some sort of financial aid.

This is a trend that I find most annoying, but then again we came for better healthcare right? I don't regret this journey and i'll opt for it again if I have to.

Please for those who are staying in rented accommodation, try and make sure you tell the hospital to send your bills by email as well. So that you'll be aware of it even after you have left the US. I guess it's the reason why some people get denied visa renewal or re-entry .

Please forgive the long story. Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by xyzabcuo: 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
@beepearl: did you have the same ref number in your appointment/interview booking with your ds160 form?
Am trying to understand why they said you did one before the other because you must at least get the ref number from ds160 that you will then use to book an appointment.The DS160 form can be edited later after booking but the rule is that it must be submitted some days before your appointment(cant remeber the exact number of days now but its on the instructions section).

After your visa fee payment is the ds 160 confirmation number same as the one on your DS 160 form?that might help NLs to answer your question better.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl: 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
[quote author=xyzabcuo post=35072121]@beepearl: did you have the same ref number in your appointment/interview booking with your ds160 form?
Am trying to understand why they said you did one before the other because you must at least get the ref number from ds160 that you will then use to book an appointment.The DS160 form can be edited later after booking but the rule is that it must be submitted some days before your appointment(cant remeber the exact number of days now but its on the instructions section).

After your visa fee payment is the ds 160 confirmation number same as the one on your DS 160 form?that might help NLs to answer your question yes.

Thanks[/quote Yes, it is.I tend not to know the problem too, and I actually booked with my mil too and she was allowed.Guessing its system issue.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
chloe7:
are you saying we are not supposed to book appointment first before submitting the ds-160 form? Pls when did Dis one start? I thought you can submit your form up till few hours before your interview as far as both appointment page and the form have same application number. See one chance ooo, pls I need more clarification as I ve booked appointment but haven't submitted form. Pls anybody with this info should answer me ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
ozycy:
are you saying we are not supposed to book appointment first before submitting the ds-160 form? Pls when did Dis one start? I thought you can submit your form up till few hours before your interview as far as both appointment page and the form have same application number. See one chance ooo, pls I need more clarification as I ve booked appointment but haven't submitted form. Pls anybody with this info should answer me ooo
how did you book appointment without a ds 160 number please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 6:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
chloe7:
how did you book appointment without a ds 160 number please?
I have a saved ds-160 form am already filling online but haven't submitted it yet. I used the same ds-160 number to book appointment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
Okay I totally understand now, it means you don't have. That confirmation yet, I mean the ds 160 confirmation
ozycy:
I have a saved ds-160 form am already filling online but haven't submitted it yet. I used the same ds-160 number to book appointment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 6:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
xyzabcuo:
@beepearl: did you have the same ref number in your appointment/interview booking with your ds160 form?

After your visa fee payment is the ds 160 confirmation number same as the one on your DS 160 form?that might help NLs to answer your question better.

Thanks
did you apply this method of booking appointment before submitting ds-160 form of recent? It seems everything have changed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2015
chloe7:
Okay I totally understand now, it means you don't have. That confirmation yet, I mean the ds 160 confirmation
I have my appointment confirmation page but don't Hv ds-160 confirmation page. Hope I won't have problem if I want to submit it now?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl03: 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
ozycy:
did you apply this method of booking appointment before submitting ds-160 form of recent? It seems everything have changed.
I think I did everything required but I just saw it on their website that they have some technical issue,that those scheduled for today and yesterday that submitted before June 9 are too reschedule.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by BABSFREY: 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
Dear All,

I have been following this thread as a single for well over 2 years. Now I am married, and expecting. This is my first post, yet I feel like a family already smiley

I have opted for el paso and have paid the US$ 150 enrollment fee. They have sent a signed doctor's responsibility letter and the hospital pricing (though unsigned). Is this all that I should expect to receive from them? Will this be sufficient proof at the POE, beyond the cash, accommodation reservation and the test results from Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.