Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892711 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
I don't think so, what you should do is to make sure you submit before the scheduled appointment at least a day to just to be on the safer side because it seems like the whole process has been made really stiff
ozycy:
I have my appointment confirmation page but don't Hv ds-160 confirmation page. Hope I won't have problem if I want to submit it now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl: 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
Pls I want to ask if an expedited interview date an be requested from the embassy based on childbirth because the next available date is convenient for me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
QueenPee:
Hello All
Not sure if @Kizluv will see this.
Can anyone please help me with info on accommodation at St. Louis Missouri close to Mobap? Which of the extended stay hotels is near the hospital? I searched online and about 5 came up.
Thank you.

Extended Stay America - St Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.

Address: 11827 Lackland Rd, St. Louis, MO 63146
Phone: (314) 993-6868

Note: Hotel is ~7miles from the hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by vcole: 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
beepearl03:
I think I did everything required but I just saw it on their website that they have some technical issue,that those scheduled for today and yesterday that submitted before June 9 are too reschedule.

hi beepearl03. did you submit your form before june 9th? cos the website says those who have interviews june 22nd and 23rd but submitted their forms on or after june 9th should reschedule.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl03: 9:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
vcole:

hi beepearl03. did you submit your form before june 9th? cos the website says those who have interviews june 22nd and 23rd but submitted their forms on or after june 9th should reschedule.
Yes,I did.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adiahabasi: 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
QueenPee:
[color=#006600]
There are 3 extended Stay apartments in the same area,and all about 6-7miles from mobap....u cld book any of the 3 with zip code MO 63146,they are all 2 buses away from mobap(u can get a one day pass at the bus station or buy a 2hr pass on the bus for $3)The difference btw d apartments is d amenities(gyms etc)...so the price varies...
I stayed in the one on 11827 East lackland road it was very ok but had no gym,could hv passed time with that..boredom
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by vcole: 9:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
beepearl03:
Yes,I did.

its a little weird cos the appointment letter actually doesn't state when you booked your appointment,unless it was the email print out you took that shows the date you received it. its the ds160 confirmation page that shows when you submitted your form. i guess yours might be one of the applications that they cannot access or something. were you turned back at the gate? this matter is serious oh! hmmmm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by vcole: 9:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
beepearl:
Pls I want to ask if an expedited interview date an be requested from the embassy based on childbirth because the next available date is convenient for me

according to the US embassy childbirth does not qualify for expedited appointment oh. if you don't mind my asking, when did you submit your ds160 form and when did you mil submit? also when did you schedule your appointment?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by TMJDiva: 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hello all, been a silent follower (mainly because no one ever replies my messages. ..lol) anyway, thanks to advice from this forum I was granted a visa today along with my 3year old.

I was initially scared because I have been refused UK visa 4 times, the last being 2months ago and I have been refused a US visa in 2013 when I applied with my husband, im guessing cos his sister alredy filed for him.

I arrived with a bulging 7mnths pregnancy and a very very very active toddler with no one to assist. After chasing her about the embassy it was finally my turn. The type of favour i met with the VO was only from God.

the interview went like dis;

VO: why are you travelling to US
me: for childbirth and vacation
VO: can I see your doctors correspondence
I gave her and she read carefully
VO; can I see your bank statement
I passed it with my budget sheet and hubbys payslips (cos im not employed myself).she took her time to go thru (2.5m in acct with 2.2m on budget sheet)
V.O: have u travelled out before and purpose?
me; yes....twice to UAE
V.O: where will u be staying
me:with my sis in law
V.O: your visa has been approved. ......

thanks all on dis forum

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 10:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
@TMJDiva Congratulations on your successful visa interview story... This thread has really been helpful to alot of us. Gone are the days of lying that you are pregnant or concealing your pregnancy to enter the US... Knowledge is indeed power .

TMJDiva:
Hello all, been a silent follower (mainly because no one ever replies my messages. ..lol) anyway, thanks to advice from this forum I was granted a visa today along with my 3year old.

I was initially scared because I have been refused UK visa 4 times, the last being 2months ago and I have been refused a US visa in 2013 when I applied with my husband, im guessing cos his sister alredy filed for him.

I arrived with a bulging 7mnths pregnancy and a very very very active toddler with no one to assist. After chasing her about the embassy it was finally my turn. The type of favour i met with the VO was only from God.

I passed it with my budget sheet and hubbys payslips (cos im not employed myself).she took her time to go thru (2.5m in acct with 2.2m on budget sheet)
me; yes....twice to UAE

thanks all on dis forum

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
Happymum:

Hi everyone,
I just got back from my financial appointment at Mihs. I paid my bills and was given a doctor's appointment for two weeks time. I tried bringing it forward but was told the only option was to use any of their smaller clinics for my prenatal classes so I guess I have to wait for two whole weeks.

Why not try the smaller clinics option? A friend that gave birth at Ben taub used a health center for her pre natal classes

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:50am On Jun 24, 2015
Hi Peeps,
Just purchased Ogi from a nearby store. It's distributed by a company in houston (for mums that enquired the other time). It's about $4.

Ogi was also discussed during antenatal classes yday (Breastfeeding). The neonatal nurse observed many african mothers produced more milk than usual and it has been attributed to something called Ogi. I chirped in that we actually use it in africa to enhance breastmilk flow.
She asked if it was available in US, and I volunteered to check. Voila, it's in my neighbourhood store! grin

I hate Ogi sha, need to start practicing how to eat it before baby comes.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 2:30am On Jun 24, 2015
shelly23:
Whatever receipts that show you paid for all the services you received.

. Thanks sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 2:39am On Jun 24, 2015
beepearl03:
Hello everyone,i was scheduled for an interview today in Lagos but I wasn't allowed in and asked to reschedule because they said I booked an appointment before submitting my form which I know it isn't true,I booked my appointment with my mother in law,and she was actually granted the visa.the problem now is that the next available date is quite far and I can't get to reschedule until 2days time.pls wats the meaning of T.B it was actually written on my form undecided
y

You can reschedule for emergency interview with viable reasons $ evidence
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 2:52am On Jun 24, 2015
beepearl:

Yes! With good reasons $ attached evidence
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 4:58am On Jun 24, 2015
favoredgal:

Why not try the smaller clinics option? A friend that gave birth at Ben taub used a health center for her pre natal classes

Ok,thank you very much. I was a bit skeptical but I guess it will be better than the two weeks long wait.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 24, 2015
Gagat:

Yes! With good reasons $ attached evidence
No I don't think childbirth qualifies for expedited appointment , the reasons why you can apply for an expedited appointment are clearly stated on the website and childbirth isn't one of it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 7:19am On Jun 24, 2015
Hi dear I am a Dec mum but leaving by Oct; let's hook up check ur mail.

iolite88:
Helli new joy, I plan on going to El paso end of September although am not due till Dec/jan. I plan on using his grace lodge as well. Any luck on getting affordable ticket? Am seriously looking but nothing yet.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 7:40am On Jun 24, 2015
yuugo:

Hello can you give me the contact of the hospital or their website. Pls does the $4000K cover all d total payments with hospital

It is NOT a hospital. She is using a birth center meaning na midwife go help her push. With no epidural, or medical equipment. A birth center is different from a hospital with Drs. Please do ur own research and read well so u don't get to the US and say u thought it was a hospital. Also visa will most likely be DENIED if ur application depends on the services of a Birth center.

In a birth center if there are complications, u will be taken to any nearby hospital emergency which incurs HUGE bills of 10k plus. Better to stick with a hospital.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 8:30am On Jun 24, 2015
chloe7:
No I don't think childbirth qualifies for expedited appointment , the reasons why you can apply for an expedited appointment are clearly stated on the website and childbirth isn't one of it.

You don't think so If I didn't know so I would be quite. My answers are only given when it's been tested $ i'm 100% sure, if not I would be quite. Like I said; with cogent reasons $ attached evidence you can expedite your interview for a medical visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 24, 2015
Gagat:

You don't think so If I didn't know so I would be quite. My answers are only given when it's been tested $ i'm 100% sure, if not I would be quite. Like I said; with cogent reasons $ attached evidence you can expedite your interview for a medical visa
so do you know anyone that has applied for expedited appointment for the purpose of childbirth?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 10:24am On Jun 24, 2015
Hello @dyout I have responded to you mail.

dyout:

Hi dear I am a Dec mum but leaving by Oct; let's hook up check ur mail.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 11:01am On Jun 24, 2015
TMJDiva:

me; yes....twice to UAE

thanks all on dis forum

Congrats Tmjdiva,pls my husband's interview is very close and I have being looking for an example of a budget sheet.I have searched the thread but can't find it,can you kindly share what yours looks like so we can prepare ours.
Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by peaceful22: 11:02am On Jun 24, 2015
dtush:
Dear House,

I am using West houston birth center.its basically for natural birth. Although, in case of complications they are just 1km from west houston memorial hospital. i have correspondence from the birth center and that is what i intend applying for my visa with. The total cos for delivery, labs, prenatal and postpartum care is 4000 dollars, and with discounts can reduce to about 3,300. I also bo0ok an hotel near the birth center. I hope i am good to go. Please advice

Pls dear dtush how do i get in touch with you, sent u a Pm but no response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
Thanks I have received it

iolite88:
Hello @dyout I have responded to you mail.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenPee(f): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
modath:

Extended Stay America - St Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.

Address: 11827 Lackland Rd, St. Louis, MO 63146
Phone: (314) 993-6868

Note: Hotel is ~7miles from the hospital
[color=#006600][/color]

Thank. s a lot. I appreciate it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenPee(f): 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
Adiahabasi:
There are 3 extended Stay apartments in the same area,and all about 6-7miles from mobap....u cld book any of the 3 with zip code MO 63146,they are all 2 buses away from mobap(u can get a one day pass at the bus station or buy a 2hr pass on the bus for $3)The difference btw d apartments is d amenities(gyms etc)...so the price varies...
I stayed in the one on 11827 East lackland road it was very ok but had no gym,could hv passed time with that..boredom

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FCBee: 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
GFavor:
@yetigeorge

Are you still travelling in August. Please I will like to hook up with you. My colleague is travelling in August. She speaks French with little English so she needs company.

I used Doctores parati also. I had my baby in February.

I am going to Elpaso in 3 weeks. Due in August
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Diapearl: 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
sayoberry:

No problem.
I've sent it

Hi Sayoberry am an August mom want to use dr Fagbohun... sent u the initial pm meant for your approval please check it and approve... i know that maybe the twins havent given you space for your email. please try for me i have some questions.. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
nefertitiram:
Hi Peeps,
Just purchased Ogi from a nearby store. It's distributed by a company in houston (for mums that enquired the other time). It's about $4.

Ogi was also discussed during antenatal classes yday (Breastfeeding). The neonatal nurse observed many african mothers produced more milk than usual and it has been attributed to something called Ogi. I chirped in that we actually use it in africa to enhance breastmilk flow.
She asked if it was available in US, and I volunteered to check. Voila, it's in my neighbourhood store! grin

I hate Ogi sha, need to start practicing how to eat it before baby comes.

Please will custard from Nigeria do the same job as ogi? My mum packed custard because last time my breast refused producing enough milk for one and now we are expecting double
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
Happymum:

Please will custard from Nigeria do the same job as ogi? My mum packed custard because last time my breast refused producing enough milk for one and now we are expecting double

I hear quaker oats is a good substitute.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by titila: 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hello Happymum,
I am a august mum going to Phoenix and have booked an appointment with the finance office.
Saw ur post on the hospital appointment u got after your visit to the finance office. I jst noticed that the maternity package plan has changed in the MIHS website from ''others outside Maricopa County'' to " Others in Arizona". This means anybody outside Arizona is not included in the package. Want to ask if this will affect my appointment

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.