Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892218 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
adekunleoba:
hello everyone, plz can any one help me out with dis question. After contacting Dr Fagbohun and receiving mail correspondence.... Plz do I also need to contact Oakbend hospital, actually I am confused doe..... Plz any1 do respond plzzzzzzzzzzz...........

When he sent u an email I'm sure he told u his email correspondence is enough for the embassy and POE. U don't have to be confused ... The email and the attachments are enough.. So print them and take along

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
TMJDiva:

Thanks. Send me ur email and I will send it to you

Pls check ur email...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 10:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
I will advise you thread carefully here in light of the recent confirmation that MIHS no longer offers the package to non Phoenix residents.

All the best.

bolijiks:
Hello Fam,

Thanks alot @bambini really helpful.

Quick question, has anybody used USA birth international (formerly Impreva international woman's health and travel management) before or currently making use of their services in Phoenix.

Really interested in their services but I just want to be double sure what they say is what i get. Don't blame me Naija mentality (we need to be double sure) grin wink

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
chenonye:

Pls who has the definite total cost of oakbend hospital, houston

Any expecting mum in houston to check BEntaub hospital..heard its around 5k...pls gv us feedback..coming next month..

Thanks

Pls if u hear anything pls send me a pm biko
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by CallMeFavoured: 12:09am On Jul 15, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Pls and pls. I still want your advice based on my last post. I am devastated. I know its midnight but if ure awake and you know any referrals on this situation pls i need urgent advice. My baby is in NICU. My babys bills is in thousands of dollars. I have paid my own bills and collected zero balance for mine. Social worker has been following my babys case to register her for medicaid saying she is a citizen. I keep saying No because i dont know what to do, but he says he doesnt affect me in anyway. My hubby and I cant afford the final bill when it comes out, the best we can get is 15% discount. Pls if you had a similar experience or know a similar one advice me abeg. Will signing my baby up affect my visa renewal? Or affect my baby in the future after 18yrs of age? God why me. This is really tough for me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by emeldamicheals: 12:37am On Jul 15, 2015
Thanks Shelly for your reply. I appreciate. I was thinking renewing will be better since my EDD is in march and visa expires in April. However, do you know the average time people spend while they travel. I know it can't be the same. Thats why I asked average. How lonh it will take to process everything and come bavk home after birth. Sorry, if my question is lame. Just a novice. Thanks

shelly23:
You don't need to renew your visa, as long as you get to the US before it expires, you'll be alright. You can renew when you come back.

As for getting info, take your time and start reading from page 1, pretty much everything about child birth in the US has been covered.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 12:58am On Jul 15, 2015
Just go back a few pages to when you first posted, a few people replied and shared their own experiences.
Taking medicaid is a risk, but one you mya have to consider if you can't afford to pay your bills now.
Really sorry about your baby, thank God you're getting the required care.

CallMeFavoured:
Hello Everyone,

Pls and pls. I still want your advice based on my last post. I am devastated. I know its midnight but if ure awake and you know any referrals on this situation pls i need urgent advice. My baby is in NICU. My babys bills is in thousands of dollars. I have paid my own bills and collected zero balance for mine. Social worker has been following my babys case to register her for medicaid saying she is a citizen. I keep saying No because i dont know what to do, but he says he doesnt affect me in anyway. My hubby and I cant afford the final bill when it comes out, the best we can get is 15% discount. Pls if you had a similar experience or know a similar one advice me abeg. Will signing my baby up affect my visa renewal? Or affect my baby in the future after 18yrs of age? God why me. This is really tough for me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 1:00am On Jul 15, 2015
My visa expired in February, I had my baby in March and didn't leave the US till May. I renewed through drop box as soon as I got home cos I had to be back in the US in July.
As long as you enter the US before the visa expires, you're fine. What really matters is the date they stamp on your passport at the POE.

emeldamicheals:
Thanks Shelly for your reply. I appreciate. I was thinking renewing will be better since my EDD is in march and visa expires in April. However, do you know the average time people spend while they travel. I know it can't be the same. Thats why I asked average. How lonh it will take to process everything and come bavk home after birth. Sorry, if my question is lame. Just a novice. Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 1:02am On Jul 15, 2015
CallMeFavoured:
Hello Everyone,

Medicaid is for children from 0-19yrs or low income. If you can't afford it, I advice you take Medicaid. Even people that live here can't afford NICu. Your baby is a citizen, accept the Medicaid. If you get back to Nigeria and you think you are buoyant, you can decide to pay it off. It won't also affect your baby future because she's a citizen and open to accept it.

The tax is gotten from rich americans to take care of the poor , when your baby is actually in USA and start working, she will also pay back tax to the system. So what goes around , come around.

Take the Medicaid and save your baby .

A lot of people actually come here and say NO Medicaid but some of them actually paid little bill and took Medicaid to cover the rest. As long as they have a receipt, that's all. I saw a post about that here on nairaland.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by domrita: 1:45am On Jul 15, 2015
shelly23:
Yes they were there last weekend. A friend confirmed it yesterday.

thanks shelly dear.... naa new york i dey look now if it wil b possible to sort d naija passport for dere.
any ideas pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by domrita: 1:47am On Jul 15, 2015
Hi my people.....i don come again o...pls new york mamas what is d process of gettn a nigerian passport for my baby dere in newyork??... Is it possible to fill out d online forms and show dere without an appointment? I ll b travelln to new jersey for 10days n was wondering if i could sort out the nigerian passplrt in 1 day in new york.
plz new york mamas how una do am Pls i need help on thiis.....any1 pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 4:40am On Jul 15, 2015
B
CallMeFavoured:
Hello Everyone,

So sorry about your baby dear. It's well with you. Like zee said, take Medicaid. A friend had her baby in NICU for a month and her bill was almost $100k. Took Medicaid and has even had her second baby in the US this year.
Since you've paid all your own bills you're good to go. Do what you have to do.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:01am On Jul 15, 2015
domrita:
Hi my people.....i don come again o...pls new york mamas what is d process of gettn a nigerian passport for my baby dere in newyork??... Is it possible to fill out d online forms and show dere without an appointment? I ll b travelln to new jersey for 10days n was wondering if i could sort out the nigerian passplrt in 1 day in new york.

Just search na, this question has been answered a thousand times with links sef....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:06am On Jul 15, 2015
CallMeFavoured:
Hello Everyone,

MAY GOD give u the strength u need.. Ur question was answered the day u posted it, read back a few pages you'll find ideas ...

The summary however was
1. Use Medicaid and pay them off later
2. Get an arrangement with the hospital on how u can pay little by little of course with d discount

Etc just read okay?

AND PRAY TO GOD ... Good luck dear

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by CallMeFavoured: 6:50am On Jul 15, 2015
Thank you All so so much for the advice. I will look back on the thread and share them with my hubby.

Its a crazy situation to be in. I know God will see my baby through. Amen.

firsttymum:

MAY GOD give u the strength u need.. Ur question was answered the day u posted it, read back a few pages you'll find ideas ...

The summary however was
1. Use Medicaid and pay them off later
2. Get an arrangement with the hospital on how u can pay little by little of course with d discount

Etc just read okay?

AND PRAY TO GOD ... Good luck dear

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by CallMeFavoured: 6:56am On Jul 15, 2015
Thanks alot. Its tough, but i have left it all to God.
Pls do you know if after taking medicaid, she had to pay up the bill later? Or does medicaid really mean "dont worry we paid every penny for you"? Lastly, didnt drop box or POE ask her related questions? These are my concerns.

Beryl15:
B
So sorry about your baby dear. It's well with you. Like zee said, take Medicaid. A friend had her baby in NICU for a month and her bill was almost $100k. Took Medicaid and has even had her second baby in the US this year.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:33am On Jul 15, 2015
CallMeFavoured:
Hello Everyone,

Sorry to read about your situation, it must be really hard really, that said....if you took Medicaid make payment arrangement for repayment, it's morally wrong to allow American tax payers to pick up the bill. The responsibility of paying that bill is on not your baby.

Those encouraging you to take one will not attend next visa interview with you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2015
Beryl15:
B

And abuse of the system like that will lead to policy change. many Americans pay their own medical bills and we should not abuse their system using every possible loopholes.

If foreigners come to Nigeria to use our services and left without paying we will come out smoking.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2015
zeezahbee:
Medicaid is for children from 0-19yrs or low income. If you can't afford it, I advice you take Medicaid. Even people that live here can't afford NICu. Your baby is a citizen, accept the Medicaid. If you get back to Nigeria and you think you are buoyant, you can decide to pay it off. It won't also affect your baby future because she's a citizen and open to accept it.

The tax is gotten from rich people to take care poor, when your baby is actually in USA and start working, she will also pay back tax to the system. So what goes around , come around.

Take the Medicaid and save your baby .

A lot of people actually come here and say NO Medicaid but some of them actually paid little bill and took Medicaid to cover the rest. As long as they have a receipt, that's all. I saw a post about that here on nairaland.

Yes tax gotten from rich Americans and not rich Nigerians. Rich Nigerians will rather dodge paying tax and stock their wealth away in foreign bank accounts.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chiteny(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2015
Beryl15:

No, just email correspondence on their costs.
I have two hospitals in mind and plan to visit them tomorrow before settling for one.

Thanks for the Info. I would also appreciate if you could send me the hospital you used so i make some inquiries as well.
chiteny@gmil.com for any offline messages.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Lalaska(m): 9:45am On Jul 15, 2015
Wow, thanks for this. Well appreciated. If you're August/September, my wife could meet up with you then.

[quote author=olokings post=35867035]Hellos. .
Find attached. ... I emailed the hospital and their financial counselor responded with the attached.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 10:08am On Jul 15, 2015
domrita:

Check pg 182, top most part.. someone wrote about it. If you can't understand that, then read my posts, I also wrote about it last week. If that is still not enough, then do a search on the blog, if that is still not enough, then Google it. If all these are still not enough, hmmm....

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 10:43am On Jul 15, 2015
hi...

yeah we are sept.

travelling this month's end. all set

i am getting a failure delivery on your replied pm..

you can try contacting me directly on
olokings@yahoo.com

Lalaska:
Wow, thanks for this. Well appreciated. If you're August/September, my wife could meet up with you then.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by teeboy95: 10:51am On Jul 15, 2015
firsttymum:
@ozycy and @teeboy95 have u made up ur mind which hospital?

@firsttymum am using oakbend hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Lalaska(m): 11:02am On Jul 15, 2015
olokings:
hi...

yeah we are sept.

travelling this month's end. all set

i am getting a failure delivery on your replied pm..

you can try contacting me directly on
olokings@yahoo.com

ok. Will buzz you shortly

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 11:27am On Jul 15, 2015
justwise:

Yes tax gotten from rich Americans and not rich Nigerians. Rich Nigerians will rather dodge paying tax and stock their wealth away in foreign bank accounts.
Yes sure, that was what I was saying. rich Americans. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:38am On Jul 15, 2015
teeboy95:

@firsttymum am using oakbend hospital

Oh okay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:40am On Jul 15, 2015
#teamnovember mums hi
#teamoctober mums hi

#teamhouston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ennie83: 11:40am On Jul 15, 2015
Hi Everyone, I will be in El Paso to give birth in September. Anyone else travelling around that time to El Paso? Lets connect pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
Waving smiley #teamoctober #teamhouston

I'm using Methodist hospital, sugar land. Have you decided yet? When are you leaving?

firsttymum:
#teamnovember mums hi
#teamoctober mums hi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
toparie:
Waving smiley #teamoctober #teamhouston

I'm using Methodist hospital, sugar land. Have you decided yet? When are you leaving?

I've not decided o... I'm leaving in September...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by peaceful22: 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
Please for those that has used birth centre (midwifery ), how long did it take to get birth certificate. ... is it the same with hospital?

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.