Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893316 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dada80: 9:42am On Jul 16, 2015
Ennie83:
Hi Everyone, I will be in El Paso to give birth in September. Anyone else travelling around that time to El Paso? Lets connect pls.
Ennie83, I will be leaving in Sept and same destination wt u lets chat onoeze22@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2015
@financefitness

Ve u made inquiries about my post on MIHS to prove otherwise dt pple shd tread carefullyor I wl just come &post anythn wn I even gave the date dey stopped attending to non ARizona residents..

I've already bought my ticket buh a member just gv me an email addy wch ve bn communicating with to consider me buh she said dey can't do anything..

If u don't ve any mail correspondence wt MIHS before now, 4get MIHS...shikena

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2015
anizi:
Please can some give me details of an agent I can use to apply for my baby's Nigerian visa. I am in houston and Mr Tanko is not taking his calls. My flight out of the US is for Friday next week so need to get the visa ASAP

If U don't get a reply.., try doing it urself
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2015
Good da to everyone,

Please I want to find out if anyone has used or is using Dr. Elvis Torres of Whmc, I want the people that have dealt with him or dealing with him now to rate him.

I have received his price list with the hospital also he has sent a letter of (To Whom It May Concern) and scan it to us. I just want to compare him with Dr. Fagbohun to know who among them I'm going to use.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2015
anizi:
Please can some give me details of an agent I can use to apply for my baby's Nigerian visa. I am in houston and Mr Tanko is not taking his calls. My flight out of the US is for Friday next week so need to get the visa ASAP
All these mamas that will sneak in and tap pples experience from this forum without giving back by sharing their POE experience or dr/hospital/accommodation experience, and you will want others to give you vital info, dariss God oooo and he is watching u in 3D!! tongue embarassed tongue

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:55am On Jul 16, 2015
Nasadiva:

All these mamas that will sneak in and tap pples experience from this forum without giving back by sharing their POE experience or dr/hospital/accommodation experience, and you will want others to give you vital info, dariss God oooo and he is watching u in 3D!! tongue embarassed tongue

[size=14pt]EXACTLY[/size]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 12:37pm On Jul 16, 2015
[quote author=domrita post=35891637][/quote]

See extract from the post on pg 182 -

" I gave birth to my baby girl March 17th at United memorial medical center, batavia New York through C.S. ..... I filled the birth cert form before I gave birth and gave them baby's name on delivery. They filled for the cert on friday, I called the county's office on Tuesday and I was told it was mailed to me the monday after that friday. I guess they used regular mail cos I didn't get it that week, went to their office the following Monday, paid 10$ for another copy which I usedto apply for her passport. I paid 165$for the passport and got it sameday. I mailed her passport to the agent for the Naija visa for 342$ (Tanko hardly picked his calls, felt safer using a company's service). They got the passport Tuesday Morning, got the visa same day and mailed it back to me. I got the passport the next day Wednesday."

For all Nigerian Embassies, you need not wait for appointment. Once you have completed the form, print it out and with the required documents, go to the embassy. Google the address. If you go early, you can complete that same day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tiababy: 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hi everyone, got into the US 2 days ago. I already attended my Visa interview before stumbling on this forum.
I applied with my hubby and son and got the B1/B2 visas without mentioning anything about birth; though I was 31 weeks at the time of application and was showing.
By the time I stumbled on this forum, "my heart cut". There wasn't any other option than to just find correspondences and proceed to the point of FATE (POE). Sending a letter to the embassy on change of intention was not rational added to the fact that we weren't able to pick up passports until after 2 weeks. That already put me at 33weeks. Hmmmmmmm. Hypertension!
Anyway, we bought flight tickets and first, headed to the UK for 4 days....... cos hubby had stuffs to do there. I welcomed the idea since that would put me far away from ATLANTA, HOUSTON and CHICAGO POE's wink

Long post...... part 2 coming up

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
As it is now to get 10k dollars no b beans.... So what bank do u advise I open, that I can have naira in and I will b charged CBN RATE when I use pos? And what card shld I apply for Visa or MasterCard

Boredom and adventure is the reason for my purple font.... U guys pls reply ooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Marisley(f): 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
firsttymum:
As it is now to get 10k dollars no b beans.... So what bank do u advise I open, that I can have naira in and I will b charged CBN RATE when I use pos? And what card shld I apply for Visa or MasterCard
Boredom and adventure is the reason for my purple font.... U guys pls reply ooooo

You can open a stanbic account. Its been really paying off since i got here. Charges are 199.49/$1 on both POS and Atms but with an extra charge of N240 on atm. Mastercard is what i use.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
peaceful22:
Please for those that has used birth centre (midwifery ), how long did it take to get birth certificate. ... is it the same with hospital?

I guess it all depends on the state where the birth centre is located. Just make sure you tell them to request for it ASAP. So I guess it's the same with hospital or not too different

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
Marisley:

You can open a stanbic account. Its been really paying off since i got here. Charges are 199.49/$1 on both POS and Atms but with an extra charge of N240 on atm. Mastercard is what i use.

God bless you darling

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
Marisley:

Really? shocked. That sounds too good to be true.
amazing deal!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hmm, I think you misinterpreted my post.

She asked us about that Phoenix package and whether or not it is real. I'm not using MIHS neither do I have any first hand fact about them.

I therefore referred her to your post on MIHS not accepting non residents.

So my advise was that the package that agent is running may not be valid again if MIHS will not take her.

Basically, she should thread carefully on that package.

Hope it's clearer now?

chenonye:
@financefitness

Ve u made inquiries about my post on MIHS to prove otherwise dt pple shd tread carefullyor I wl just come &post anythn wn I even gave the date dey stopped attending to non ARizona residents..

I've already bought my ticket buh a member just gv me an email addy wch ve bn communicating with to consider me buh she said dey can't do anything..

If u don't ve any mail correspondence wt MIHS before now, 4get MIHS...shikena

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
In most cases the insurance company pays part and you will be asked the pay the other part which will stand as your Zero balance receipt. The cost is minimal in some states while in other states it can be more than $5000. She has nothing to fear if an Insurance company is involved and she pays whatsoever she is asked to pay.

Ess:

Thanks, so does it mean that the insurance will cover the bulk payment? Im just concerned on how the receipt of payment and zero balance will come out because the way she said it that the cost will be very minimal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
I can authoritatively confirm that this is true. Never mind that it is unbelievable!

Marisley:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 3:32pm On Jul 16, 2015
its actually true...

made a couple of payments as per accommodation and stuff... and they charge just over N199+ to the dollar.

woaini:

Really? shocked. That sounds too good to be true.
amazing deal!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
i can print my bank statement and carry along for Poe ...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
FinanceFitness:
I can authoritatively confirm that this is true. Never mind that it is unbelievable!
Marisley:

olokings:
its actually true...

made a couple of payments as per accommodation and stuff... and they charge just over N199+ to the dollar.

STANBIC here I come
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
Yea you can. Did that twice and it was accepted at POE (Chicago)

firsttymum:
i can print my bank statement and carry along for Poe ...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
firsttymum:

STANBIC here I come

wow... I have been sleeping on a bicycle, and I have account there o.... *now transferring my money from gtb to Stanbic* meanwhile GTB charged 215 as at yesterday for an online transaction undecided undecided undecided wicked ppl

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MadameU: 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
The stanbic story is for real; Used my card for all sorts of payment including rents and wasnt getting charged extra. Though i cant say the exchange rates are the lowest one could find around cos i didnt bother checking always; make hypertension no come enter the matter.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
hotmummy2015:

wow... I have been sleeping on a bicycle, and I have account there o.... *now transferring my money from gtb to Stanbic* meanwhile GTB charged 215 as at yesterday for an online transaction undecided undecided undecided wicked ppl

It's byeee GTB for me o... Abeg wake up from that bicycle
ejisky:
Yea you can. Did that twice and it was accepted at POE (Chicago)

Thanks jare

MadameU:
The stanbic story is for real; Used my card for all sorts of payment including rents and wasnt getting charged extra. Though i cant say the exchange rates are the lowest one could find around cos i didnt bother checking always; make hypertension no come enter the matter.

Hahhahhaha ... Anyway so far everyone seem to talk about only STANBIC
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 4:05pm On Jul 16, 2015
hotmummy2015:

Me I slept and woke up on wheel barrow. Chai.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 4:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
firsttymum:

STANBIC here I come

woaini:

Me I slept and woke up on wheel barrow. Chai.

FinanceFitness:

What is so amazing about the bank is that if you have a return to make & Your card is to be credited by the store, stanbic will credit you back at same CBN rate while GTB will take 215 & give you back 197-199 .... undecided

Thought i made a post about this bank earlier... Its thr darling of the biz forum guys...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
modath:

What is so amazing about the bank is that if you have a return to make & Your card is to be credited by the store, stanbic will credit you back at same CBN rate while GTB will take 215 & give you back 197-199 .... undecided

Thought i made a post about this bank earlier... Its thr darling of the biz forum guys...

STANBIC for president grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
sad angryGTB shld now be called Guarantee THIEF Bank not Guarantee Trustr Bank cry they chopped my money when I travelled earlier this year .... The thing pain me no b small cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
I am really porting from GTB. They have been charging me 212 to $1. But it changed to 225 yesterday . I felt like crying when I made some purchases and I saw my statement . Plus central bank is not making things easy at all with their new policy of $100 daily withdrawal, $300 ATM/POS use and $3000 monthly maximum usage. There is God ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
sucre26:
I am really porting from GTB. They have been charging me 212 to $1. But it changed to 225 yesterday . I felt like crying when I made some purchases and I saw my statement . Plus central bank is not making things easy at all with their new policy of $100 daily withdrawal, $300 ATM/POS use and $3000 monthly maximum usage. There is God ooo

$300 pos use? I thought it doesn't apply to pos
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
firsttymum:

$300 pos use? I thought it doesn't apply to pos

Now it applies. It's not even up to $300 cos of d exchange rate. It's actually N60,000. Which is about $270 depending on the rate for that day
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
sucre26:

Now it applies. It's not even up to $300 cos of d exchange rate. It's actually N60,000. Which is about $270 depending on the rate for that day

Omg gerrahia mehn ....

Ok then I need 2 or 3 atm cards ....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:32pm On Jul 16, 2015
STANBIC is bank 1

Pls I need bank 2 and bank 3

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.