Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891812 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Omotweezy: 9:29am On Aug 02, 2015
Hi Bisola,
Congrats on your smooth entry. Is Philly far from you? You can try Dcmh or crozier Chester hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Lalaska(m): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2015
[quote author=olokings post=36513345]Greetings y'all.
So I got into dallas today with my family
Flew Emirates with layover at dubai.
Flight transit and POE was quite uneventful. ....
Requested wheelchair service for wifey at dubai n dallas. ...
Landed. ..got her in d wheelchair and attendant. ...expressed baggage pick up and jumped the line to immigration.

Congratulations @Olokings.thank God for safety.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by deeore: 11:33am On Aug 02, 2015
[quote author=bisilola post=36514789][/quote]
congrats on ur successful Poe, am headed to jersey too buh planning on using jfk as Poe. ..why don't you try Dr Patel, his affliated with trinitas hospital...dat is if his not far from you...after negotiations I fink he charges 2000 but d hospital fee was d reason I opted out which is about 6000dollars....the hospital is at Elizabeth, while Dr patels office is around Northwood on linden avenue...i visited d doc for checkup last time I was in d us,mat dis year to be precise n heard his really gud.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by algfred(m): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2015
olokings:
Greetings y'all.
So I got into dallas today with my family
Flew Emirates with layover at dubai.
Flight transit and POE was quite uneventful. ....
Requested wheelchair service for wifey at dubai n dallas. ...
Landed. ..got her in d wheelchair and attendant. ...expressed baggage pick up and jumped the line to immigration.

CBD: hello
Me: gud day
CBP: passport please
Me: hands him
CBp: wat re u here for
Me: vacation n childbirth. ...
Cbp: looks at wifey
How long you staying
Me: 3 months although I'll be out n return just b4 delivery cos I gotta get back to work
CBp: u declared over 10k
Me: yes
Cbd: welcome to the US ..pls proceed to baggage check. .
Got there. ... they gave me form to fill for declaration
Agric
What you got. . Fresh fruits. ...vegetables. ..yam. ..
Me: no no n no. ...
Scans bag. ..we waka pass
Cbp dude stamp us B2 all...buh funny didn't write anything like 6 months validity.
No biro whatsoever. ...
Hmmmm
...we me sha jejely carry my kaya. ..settled n adoring to see doc on Monday. ..
I'm not sweating myself since I don't plan staying more than the month's. ....
Anyone see any biggie with the CBP officer not writing anything abt validity all in our passports. .just stamped n biro B2

Olokings my family and i had same POE stamp last year at houston POE. We no get restricted date of 6months and i know it was not a mistake. Some just see you and know you will go back when you feel like. Mine was B1. While my baby and Madam was B2 stamps with biro on them. So enjoy your stay jaree and safe for madam.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
algfred:
Olokings my family and i had same POE stamp last year at houston POE. We no get restricted date of 6months and i know it was not a mistake. Some just see you and know you will go back when you feel like. Mine was B1. While my baby and Madam was B2 stamps with biro on them. So enjoy your stay jaree and safe for madam.

I doubt this is correct. Even if it is not written, it is usually recorded on their system.

Check the link FinanceFitness posted for yours.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by algfred(m): 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
@phema me no go click submit for any reason cos i no go add sand to my garri. All this links na monitoring spirits. (Laughsssssss). Anyway Why should i or olokings bother myself to know how long i go stay for another man towm when the mistake na the oyibo cos am for not indicating so. My advise will be if any of us get into such situation again when the extent of stay is not indicated on the passport/stamp, that fellow can walk back to the Officer and ask dem to write on it by force, but me i wount for any reason even twik my eyes as long as na legal way o enter. I no go find trouble whey jejeli dey sleep (smileeeeee) olokings carry go you get the blessing of ubama. I hope i go travel this year shaa missing some grove there self.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
algfred:
@phema me no go click submit for any reason cos i no go add sand to my garri. All this links na monitoring spirits. (Laughsssssss). Anyway Why should i or olokings bother myself to know how long i go stay for another man towm when the mistake na the oyibo cos am for not indicating so. My advise will be if any of us get into such situation again when the extent of stay is not indicated on the passport/stamp, that fellow can walk back to the Officer and ask dem to write on it by force, but me i wount for any reason even twik my eyes as long as na legal way o enter. I no go find trouble whey jejeli dey sleep (smileeeeee) olokings carry go you get the blessing of ubama. I hope i go travel this year shaa missing some grove there self.

No wahala. As long as say the person no overstay the period wey dem record for their computer. Ignorance is not bliss in this case oo. grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Diapearl: 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
oodday every1 and HNM. Thanks to some people who thought i was an undercover vo i became a silent follower and also learnt to be coded. Special thanks to Phema and Sayoberry too. Well i am here to give back to the thread that was so helpful. Stumbled on d thread after visa interview and approval and i realised i had started wrongly eventhough i have a visa. I wrote to d embassy to let them know am pregnant and want to use my visa for birthing as well, i contacted dr ff to get quotes etc, i gathered all poe requirement(hailing Phema), then ported
from Naija to Nyc via Emirates with my sister and toddler on the 30th of July at 34weeks 6days. Showed them fit to fly from dr but was asked to also go to port health. Port health official at Abv Abuja billed me 3k. Fast forward to JFK
cpb: hello
Me & co: hello
Cpb: what are u here for
me: vacation and childbirth
cpb: are you pregnant?
cpb: ok, why do you want to birth here
me: better health care
cbp: who are they (refering to my sister nd daughter)
Me: my sister and daughter
cpb: pls place 4 right fingers. He took my biometrics
cpb: have u contacted dr and hospital
me: yes i have
cpb: please hold on a sec (he goes over to speak to his colleague and returns)
Cbp: have you paid for the hospital bills?
Me: No, prepayment isnt accepted but i have cash(9600)
Cbp: calls out to my sis, takes her biometrics
cbp: food?
cbp: (scans our passports, asks us to follow him, guessing it was for sercondary inspection
Cpb2: hello
me: hello
Cpb: why didnt you state u were pregnant during visa interview
me: i only found out i was pregnant after interview
cpb: did u inform d embassy abt d changes
me: yes
Cpb: hope you know u must pay your bills and not accept medicaid.
cpb: how do u have? Up to $10?
Me: no
Cpb: how long do u intend to stay,
Me: 12weeks
cpb: what is your profession
Me: ........ @ .......
Cbp:What of hubby?
Me: works at ......
cbp: meaning he also comes here to work
cbp: where are you staying
me: with my inlaws in Bronx Nyc
cbp: ok
cbp: what type of food do you have
me: Egusi, ogbono etc
cbp: ok, stamps us in 6 months;
Goes to Agric, bags scanned n we left. Notning was siezed.
heading to Houston in few days time.
Thanking God for everything and every member of this thread who has in one way or another contributed to this thread. Still having jetlag and stress.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
Congrats Diapearl. That change of intent letter really did help you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by customised87: 4:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
Tiababy:
Special thanks to everyone who showed concern towards my sons health. God bless u so much.
My special appreciation to @Amother4life God bless all your endeavours dearie. You would never know sorrow.

Meanwhile, got info to share.

I pray for perfect health for kids travelling with their mothers/parents. But meanwhile, if you find yourself as a parent needing medical attention for your child while in the US.
Pls use "URGENT CARE" , i gathered they are not far from any neighbourhood in the US and they cater for only kids.

I wish everyone perfect health. Cheers!

Thanks for the info and Amen to the prayers. Was it free of charge though?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tiababy: 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
customised87:

Thanks for the info and Amen to the prayers. Was it free of charge though?

Wasn't free of charge. It was $89 for the service for self pay. And that was it!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by donchuky(m): 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
@fisttymum have talk with soul care but their rate for 1000 is for shared toilet and the only one that made sense is for 1450 that's costly. Has anyone used them?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Doubledouble: 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
In the spirit of giving back:
I already had my visa so no gist on that. Got into LA yesterday afternoon. Trip from lagos to LA was uneventful- my fit to fly was not even asked for though my bump wasn't really showing n a lot of people didn't know I was preggie.
Flew Emirates. Had a layover at Dubai for barely 30mins n used the wheelchair service.
Trip from Dubai to La was long but not tiring surprisingly. Got to La n used the wheelchair service thankfully cos a lot of flights arrived at same time. Was wheeled to the front with hubby close by.
Cbp officer was friendly and after pleasantries, asked for passports. Asked for our profession. Asked what we came to do in the States Mar/ April- Vacation. Asked why hubby has not filed for my British passport- wife not interested. So you are here on summer Vacation? Hubby said yes. He proceeded with finger printing n stamping us in. Then I said also childbirth as I just didn't want to risk him or someone else now noticing am pregnant. He then asked if I told the embassy n I just gave him my email correspondence with the embassy. Said good, and asked if I have contact with the provider I want to use n I said yes. He then said good that we will just be going into the inner room for his superiors to verify somethings from us n not to worry.
Inside the room, we were attended to on time. The officer asked when we would be leaving- told him. Asked for our return tickets n that was it...looked at it n said ok. He then appreciated my honesty, and wished me a safe delivery.
Baggage wasn't checked at all.
It was God all the wayyyyy...
Thanks to everyone, a safe porting to those yet to n safe delivery to us all...

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Temmyjesus: 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
I think it depends on the info you have, the doctors, nurses and all other factors included. I had a normal delivery. Paid $1900 to my MD without first visit charge and my MD took all my test. I also paid $2300 for the hospital bill. Anyone who needs help should buzz me. I can give you some helpful tips.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Omotweezy: 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
Hi everyone , I am traveling in a few days with garri, melon , Powered milk, milo, groundnut , grounded melon , dry pepper , dry fish, ogbono, crayfish, curry, pap, beans flour , spag, indomie. Please is any of this contraband ?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
Temmyjesus:
I think it depends on the info you have, the doctors, nurses and all other factors included. I had a normal delivery. Paid $1900 to my MD without first visit charge and my MD took all my test. I also paid $2300 for the hospital bill. Anyone who needs help should buzz me. I can give you some helpful tips.

abeg hospital, Dr and location?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
Omotweezy:
Hi everyone , I am traveling in a few days with garri, melon , Powered milk, milo, groundnut , grounded melon , dry pepper , dry fish, ogbono, crayfish, curry, pap, beans flour , spag, indomie. Please is any of this contraband ?

Thanks

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
Omotweezy:
Thanks

Not really. You will have to grind your crayfish and ogbono though. If your indomie has any form of chicken written on it, remove all of them from the packs. Please make sure there are no insects in any of the items.

You forget maggi ooo. Abeg add am. grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2015
Omotweezy:

Thanks
grin omotweezy no vex abeg. But make I no lie, when I saw Powdered milk and milo I was like "this babe wan open provision store" grin
Abeg carry Anything that would make your stay comfortable Jare!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
Omotweezy:

Thanks
Spaghetti get weight o, u fit buy for US na ... I think the melon shld be grounded , avoid seeds let everything be in powdered form ... At least judging from the question cbp peeps ask I think dey don't like seeds..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Omotweezy: 10:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
Lol, you people should stop laughing at me o, America is too far , incase I crave something and can't find it (esp my milo n milk grin) . I believe I am on the right track , no contraband .
Thanks for your replies , hoping to share my favoured POE experience soon.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
@doubledouble
@diapearl
@olokings
@bisilola
@ladyjoie

Wow... See Favour na... God is indeed great...
Congratulations to you guys

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
Omotweezy:
Lol, you people should stop laughing at me o, America is too far , incase I crave something and can't find it (esp my milo n milk grin) . I believe I am on the right track , no contraband .
Thanks for your replies , hoping to share my favoured POE experience soon.

Go with ur milo and milk jare. I'm here looking up and down for milo and indomie onion to no avail. As for powdered milk,I got klim in kroger
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Dunno if the beams ll raise a red flag.

Buh I travelled with and declared all of those.
Except the beans ofcourse. ..
Carried 2 cartoons of hungry ma'ln Indomie. .. grin

Omotweezy:

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
olokings:
Dunno if the beams ll raise a red flag.

Buh I travelled with and declared all of those.
Except the beans ofcourse. ..
Carried 2 cartoons of hungry ma'ln Indomie. .. grin

2cartons hahhahhahahhahhaha... Then even the hungry man size? Lwtmb haahjahhaha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Doubledouble: 11:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
@firsttymum, God is truly great.
@Omotweezy, as said by pp, seeds are not allowed, so grind all seeds. Spaghetti n curry r cheaper here. It's anything African that's expensive.
Don't forget peppersoup spice, suya pepper, ground pepper, stock fish,et al.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
Lol. ...see you..
I no wan joke ooh. .my poeps no dey play with their African cuisine. ..
I carried 2 duffel bags just fill of food stuff. .wch had to be split into 4 at the airport because they were over weight. ..buh apparently I still got a lot of baggage allowances to fillup thus I didn't pay excess luggage fees. ..

Stock fish. .dried fish. .if they open those bags person go fit start Africana restaurant business there. .or imports sef. .lol

firsttymum:

2cartons hahhahhahahhahhaha... Then even the hungry man size? Lwtmb haahjahhaha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Onegai(f): 12:38am On Aug 03, 2015
Hello everyone
I'm trying to get a Nigerian visa or passport for my baby. Please how do I go about it, as I'm pretty far away from any Nigerian embassy. Any tips or any reliable and trusted agent? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 2:19am On Aug 03, 2015
Eddy and Tanko are the most popular agents - peeps here can pm their details to you.

Onegai:
Hello everyone
I'm trying to get a Nigerian visa or passport for my baby. Please how do I go about it, as I'm pretty far away from any Nigerian embassy. Any tips or any reliable and trusted agent? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 6:31am On Aug 03, 2015
olokings:

Anyone see any biggie with the CBP officer not writing anything abt validity all in our passports. .just stamped n biro B2

It's most likely 6 months

On the first part of this thread a couple of people posted a link you can use to check the duration you were stamped in....
You can search for it with the search button

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:32am On Aug 03, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Eddy and Tanko are the most popular agents - peeps here can pm their details to you.
That's one number not on this thread... Lol. Pm me if u have it thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:34am On Aug 03, 2015
olokings:
Lol. ...see you..
I no wan joke ooh. .my poeps no dey play with their African cuisine. ..
I carried 2 duffel bags just fill of food stuff. .wch had to be split into 4 at the airport because they were over weight. ..buh apparently I still got a lot of baggage allowances to fillup thus I didn't pay excess luggage fees. ..

Stock fish. .dried fish. .if they open those bags person go fit start Africana restaurant business there. .or imports sef. .lol
Lwtmb.... I can't stop laughing... I've jotted the list might just try it in its minimum capacity though ... Hahahahahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.