Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,989 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892284 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
kaakaa:

Lolz.... calm down dear.... you will get it.... just keep asking around..... the good thing is that dollar is dropping... we may even get to 165...fingers crossed grin the mallam is at portharcourt.....
I need ur mallams number
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
Onegai:

Thanks. Please can someone send me their contact info? I need it urgently, thanks in advance.
Seriously? The post hasn't even been raptured yet... Hurry and jot it down or rather munch sharply... Cos mehn the certainty of it remaining here is very low
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
Mamatukwas:

Thank you soo much dear. Bless you!
Awwww you are welcome
teeboy95:

@modath and firsttymum una posts dey cracking me up..hehehe
wink grin
olokings:
Nope. ..it was squeezed out to remove water. ...frozen n tired in nylon bags then put inside s luggage. ....
Thanks a lot... Abeg chop knuckle wink grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 7:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
I just saw one post and all my hormones are screaming reply! Reply!! grin let me keep my fingers to myself.
Firsttymum, you don retire? wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
Beryl15:
I just saw one post and all my hormones are screaming reply! Reply!! grin let me keep my fingers to myself.

Abeg make una ignore. grin grin. She go get the gist soon.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2015
Toks07:

Oh Boy! grin grin

i dan repent sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
Toks07:

Beryl15:
anonymousmum:

Oh Boy! grin grin

i dan repent sha.
It's the worst I've seen... As in details just under ur nose...

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IjayMama: 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, been a while. I had my adorable lil princess August last year in Methodist Hospital Sugar land but right now im in panic mode cos I just found out we are expecting another! My baby is due March and my visa expires February ending. I plan to travel to the US in December...how possible is it dat I use 1 visa for 2 babies, and what if I don't get 6 months at the POE...and considering I haven't been to the US since I had my first baby last year, what would my experience at the POE likely be? Please help!

P.S.
I'm a frequent traveller to the US before I had my daughter and I have all my receipts with zero balance so I'm not owing a dollar.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 8:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
You will be totally fine, our stories are quite similar - was a frequent traveller before I had my first last year and I'm already back for the second.
POE was smooth, had all my receipts and the usual burden of proof. Same visa too Except that mine expires after my return date.

You will get 6 months at POE - once you are honest with your intentions to have a baby and how long you will likely stay for.

All the best with the rest of the pregnancy.

IjayMama:
Hello Nairalanders, been a while. I had my adorable lil princess August last year in Methodist Hospital Sugar land but right now im in panic mode cos I just found out we are expecting another! My baby is due March and my visa expires February ending. I plan to travel to the US in December...how possible is it dat I use 1 visa for 2 babies, and what if I don't get 6 months at the POE...and considering I haven't been to the US since I had my first baby last year, what would my experience at the POE likely be? Please help!

P.S.
I'm a frequent traveller to the US before I had my daughter and I have all my receipts with zero balance so I'm not owing a dollar.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
back2dmatter:
Arrived Houston Airport (IAH) yesterday with $4600, Proof Of Burden Plus God's Favour.

...... Smooth POE experience.
another fearless houston mum wink keep it coming

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
IjayMama:

P.S.

Hey Ijay Mama! Congratulations! #teamsugarland...thanks again for all the advice you gave me last year.

I think you should be fine. FinanceFitness has said it all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 9:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
modath:

FinanceFitness & Popri,

2 bottles of orijin for each of you, dont care if one just born & the other still get belle. cool...una too gbaski ... wink

What I crave is just pure orange juice Modath..lol!
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 11:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
Yeah, you'll be good. Just hold your cash and receipts.

IjayMama:

P.S.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 12:24am On Aug 04, 2015
anonymousmum:

Hey Ijay Mama! Congratulations! #teamsugarland...thanks again for all the advice you gave me last year.

Good day pls can you tell me about the sugarland hospital and the advice. Also need their breakdown, will appreciate any help I can get thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by back2dmatter: 1:14am On Aug 04, 2015
back2dmatter:
Arrived Houston Airport (IAH) yesterday with $4000, Proof Of Burden Plus God's Favour.

...... Smooth POE experience.

I think what's most important first is to make up your mind that you'll make your intentions known (tell the truth) at the POE and then pray and trust God completely for favour...

I got my visa after I became pregnant (although the intention was just to go for vacation first and come back or even try to conceal the pregnancy at POE). But after I went thru dis thread and got all d stories and advice of the importance of being truthful, I started getting evry oda thing necessary for the trip. I read the part 2 of d thread like twice (I think) and then the first part (2014 side and some part of 2013) and then read some peoples's profiles, did a lot of search on this thread...

(while we were landing, I remembered how dis thread had nicknamed IAH d almighty houston, I just prayed and declared - Zech
4 vs 7 (who art thou o mountain ('almighty houston' before zerubabel (I being zerubabel)... God pass u... and then I smiled

So to the main story (POE), I joined d visitors queue (and mehn it was a lonnnng queue)...

I had prayed for God's favour all thru d journey, singing praises, declaring God's word and skabashing....

While on the queue, I was sha singing praises and also skabashing, (I took BA by d way). I saw some blacks (m sure nigerians). Wen d queue got closer to the front and den we were being directed to oda queues, I tried not to stay on any queue with blacks on it (wink wink wink wink)

The first immigration officer (im not sure I spent up to 5 mins wit him - glory to God). I think d questns went like this:

Where are u coming from?
What are u here for?
I'm here on holiday and to have my baby
How much cash do u ave?
Where do u work?
What do u do?
Have u contacted any dr?

(I think he went thru my embassy interview profile and wat I filled on my form)....

(He dint ask to see any docs at all)

And then he stamped me in and that was it..
(There was no date limit just B2)

In my mind I was like is that it... (I was so grateful for God's favour)

I went on to the baggage claim (onto another long queue thru anoda security point onto the exit)

D queue was so long and then I got 2 d front of d queue (a black cbp officer)

Asked wat was the purpose of my trip - gave her d same respnse I gave d first guy (holiday and to ave my baby)
Asked how much cash - 4k dolls
Asked how much d dr was charging him - 5k plus

(and den she made a sarcastic comment like I dunno wat's wrong wit all these doctors charging all dese bla bla bla)

Then she asked me to go secondary inspection (I dint ave anything to declare - I dint fill anything on my form and I dint come wit any food items) - she was just being mean not knowing dat God pass am

At d second inspection pt, twas a white guy. He was taking his time to ask me questns (thankfully I wasn't tired, I was calm and I was just skabashin...)

He was luking thru my profile on his system and den he asked me d ffg questions.

Asked me what wat I was there for?
Where I was coming from?
How much I had? (told him I had 4k and d rest on my cards - he asked to see my cards and d cash - he dint count it tho)

If it was first time in the US (yes it was)
Asked where I worked?
If my hubby wud be coming?
If I had a doctor? Asked to see d correspondence.

(I think he was being a psychologist trying to see how my responses all matched and all... while I remained calm all thru (and skabashin...))

And den after he was done and he asked me to go.

In all, I spent like 20-30 mins with him...

I give all the glory to God for granting me favour at the POE. So importantly, say the truth and ask God for favour....

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:49am On Aug 04, 2015
Toks07:

Good day pls can you tell me about the sugarland hospital and the advice. Also need their breakdown, will appreciate any help I can get thanks.
Just tap on her name and check her January post or so ... You'll see all u need ..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 11:54am On Aug 04, 2015
firsttymum:

Just tap on her name and check her January post or so ... You'll see all u need ..

Thanks. You are a darling. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IjayMama: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
Thank you all mamas..xoxo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenWest: 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
I just joined this forum after much research on the internet about giving birth in the US.

Information I have gotten so far has been very helpful.

Thanks to all the constructive contributors so far.

I plan to travel early Oct to New york to have my baby late Nov.

Any information on reasonable hospitals or 'packages' in New york will be much appreciated. Ive settled for NY as I've got free accommodation there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
Omotweezy:
Hi Bisola,
Congrats on your smooth entry. Is Philly far from you? You can try Dcmh or crozier Chester hospital.

Thank you very much,will search them too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
deeore:

congrats on ur successful Poe, am headed to jersey too buh planning on using jfk as Poe. ..why don't you try Dr Patel, his affliated with trinitas hospital...dat is if his not far from you...after negotiations I fink he charges 2000 but d hospital fee was d reason I opted out which is about 6000dollars....the hospital is at Elizabeth, while Dr patels office is around Northwood on linden avenue...i visited d doc for checkup last time I was in d us,mat dis year to be precise n heard his really gud.

Thanks,I will and let you know the outcome as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
Halos,

Dear stanbic account holders, are there any charges/bank fees on accounts and following transactions?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
I don land
Poe story in atlanta
Queue was not long as we landed 5.15am. I Ditched the wheel chair last minute- good idea
Landed in front of one okay looking female cbp officer. Travelled with mum. Already told her that i will answer all the questions
Officer- why r u here
Me- to give birth
Officer- why do u want to give birth here
Me - better healthcare
Cbp- do u have all d necessary documents
Me- yes i do
Cbp- have you been here before
Me- no
How much do u have- $10k
Cbp to mum- who is she to u
Mum- my daughter
Cbp- why r u here, have u been here before
Mum- to take care of her.... Yes i have been here before
Stamps mum in for 6 months... Calls a woman to take me to secondary inspection. I was like oh God sad
Secondary inspection- a black man finally called me after like 10 mins wait
Cbp2- do you have docs appointment
me : yes shows him
Cbp2 - is the money with you urs or given to you
me: its all mine
cbp2- lets me see, r u sure its not over or less
me: its the exact amount
cbp: okay pls pay your bills, we will cancel ur visa if u don't. he stamps me in for 6 months
me: okay i intend to
cbp2- ur free to go
no agriculture grin all the plenty food mum packed intact
thank God for favor.waiting first appointment tomorrow
grin grin
meanwhile the cab fare from airport to house no sexy, na to rent car anytime i have waka at this rate, just that my drivers license is fake.. il think abt that one later
relaxing mode loaded..

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lizzylilly: 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
Good day please am a sillent reader,have learnt alot from part1 to part 2 ,i went for my interview today at lagos . Im 24 weeks pregnant.unfortunately i was refused by the black woman. please help me , how to solve this problem am down since i came back.
my husband has business in south africa and i have my business also am general merchandise in clothing and textiles. I have 7 million plus in my account and i went with my husband statement of account too.

Vo; when is your due date? december
VO:can i see your appoinment letter? yes i gave it to her
Vo:why did you choose phoenix among all? because its affordable
Vo;what do you do?
Vo;how much do you earn per month? 2million and it depends on sales
Vo: do you have relate there? No
Vo: why do choose economy crossland studio? because is closer to the hospital.
VO:Have you travel before. yes to south africa.
she gave me the blue paper.
please i need your candid advice

Now i dont know if i can reapply in south africa because i have valid residence or i should apply in abuja.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
firsttymum:

okay! that felt spooky...seeing my moniker and posts of old on your screenshot..

Meanwhile u have changed o first time mama...posting screenshots for people etc..hehe

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by donchuky(m): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
How about accommodation? where did you use cos we are planning using the same hospital and need accommodation near sugar land.
anonymousmum:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by donchuky(m): 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
We are planning using the same hospital next month and currently looking for accommodation. Where did you stay during your last delivery
IjayMama:

P.S.

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.