Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893047 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by donchuky(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
congrats Toks07. are you staying in ranted apartment? if yes can you help me out with any one around where you staying.
Toks07:
My story continues. Wore my compressor sock from doha to houston and it help a lot, no swelling at all anyway with a very active 3 year old that visit the loo every now and then an I had lots of exercise. As the journey drew to any end I felt more tired so I told my husband am asking for a wheel chair once we get to houston. Note I did not use any thru out my journey or even included it in my ticket reservation so as we landed I told one of the attendant that I need a wheel chair. One was arranged for me and off we go. Abeg wheel chair good o. The airport was crowded.
Na special treatment for wheelchair o.
Wheeled to the shortest line with my husband and daughter following. When it our turn at the CBP this ensures

Officer : hello
Hubby: hello
Officer: can I have your passports
Hubby: gave her with the form filled on the plane.
Officer: how is your daughter name pronounced
Hubby: it is this but you can call her this for short.
Officer : oh ok, tired out calling her name.
What are you here for?
Hubby : vacation and childbirth
Officer: have you been in the us before
Hubby: no our first time.
Officer: how much do you have with you?
Hubby: $4K and the rest is in our card.
Officer : what do you do?
Hubby: told her.
Officer: and you?
Me: told her.
Officer: so why do you want to have you baby here?
Me: better health care
Hubby: America has the best health care in the world( that one na statistics)
Officer : oh yeah
Do you come with any food items.
Me: yes, nigerian foods, like egusi, ogbono etc.
Officer: any plant, seeds, palm oil
Me: no, no( any food she mention, I just dey shake my head say no).
Officer: do have a nice stay.
She return our passport with 6 month stamp i.e to Jan. Passport go expire in dec.
No secondary inspection, the wheelchair lady also helped with our luggage and na so she push me thru to exit o.

Now resting. And planning on fixing my appointment today.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
anonymousmum:

okay! that felt spooky...seeing my moniker and posts of old on your screenshot..

Meanwhile u have changed o first time mama...posting screenshots for people etc..hehe
Hahhahhahahhahhaha wetin I go do na, I wanna b nicer wink (let's hope it lasts) besides it ain't one newbie wey no wan read just come dey ask questions

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
@Hotmummy2015
@Back2dmatter

Congratulations ... No b small thing! Favour of God is evident... When God has said YES who can say no? We give God the Glory

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2015
Try Uber insread. You. Can calculate the fare on their website before you decide and then compare to cab or car rental prices.

Somebody mentioned here that National is a good rental company cos they accept naija debit cards.

hotmummy2015:
I don land
Poe story in atlanta
Queue was not long as we landed 5.15am. I Ditched the wheel chair last minute- good idea
Landed in front of one okay looking female cbp officer. Travelled with mum. Already told her that i will answer all the questions
Officer- why r u here
Me- to give birth
Officer- why do u want to give birth here
Me - better healthcare
Cbp- do u have all d necessary documents
Me- yes i do
Cbp- have you been here before
Me- no
How much do u have- $10k
Cbp to mum- who is she to u
Mum- my daughter
Cbp- why r u here, have u been here before
Mum- to take care of her.... Yes i have been here before
Stamps mum in for 6 months... Calls a woman to take me to secondary inspection. I was like oh God sad
Secondary inspection- a black man finally called me after like 10 mins wait
Cbp2- do you have docs appointment
me : yes shows him
Cbp2 - is the money with you urs or given to you
me: its all mine
cbp2- lets me see, r u sure its not over or less
me: its the exact amount
cbp: okay pls pay your bills, we will cancel ur visa if u don't. he stamps me in for 6 months
me: okay i intend to
cbp2- ur free to go
no agriculture grin all the plenty food mum packed intact
thank God for favor.waiting first appointment tomorrow
grin grin
meanwhile the cab fare from airport to house no sexy, na to rent car anytime i have waka at this rate, just that my drivers license is fake.. il think abt that one later
relaxing mode loaded..

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Iyaboonibipe: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2015
House mums and dad, please in need information on hospital in Texas for birthing, the cost and Accomodation ASAP.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
Iyaboonibipe:
House mums and dad, please in need information on hospital in Texas for birthing, the cost and Accomodation ASAP.

Yes boss. ASAP.

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
Iyaboonibipe:
*investigative mode activated*
This is you helping someone to get baby's document, it means u are not new here (you have even gone for birthing b4), it also means you can get the cost and accommodation ASAP

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
firsttymum:

*investigative mode activated*
This is you helping someone to get baby's document, it means u are not new here (you have even gone for birthing b4), it also means you can get the cost and accommodation ASAP

O boy! I am afraid of you o shocked shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2015
anonymousmum:

O boy! I am afraid of you o shocked shocked
Lemme o... Na tvegas teach me.. Blame him winkwink

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenWest: 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2015
Thanks @Jayjay4lyf for the info. Will check them out.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
anonymousmum:

Yes boss. ASAP.
I wanted to ignore so bad but then I saw "ASAP"

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
lizzylilly:
Good day please am a sillent reader,have learnt alot from part1 to part 2 ,i went for my interview today at lagos . Im 24 weeks pregnant.unfortunately i was refused by the black woman. please help me , how to solve this problem am down since i came back.
my husband has business in south africa and i have my business also am general merchandise in clothing and textiles. I have 7 million plus in my account and i went with my husband statement of account too.

Vo; when is your due date? december
VO:can i see your appoinment letter? yes i gave it to her
Vo:why did you choose phoenix among all? because its affordable
Vo;what do you do?
Vo;how much do you earn per month? 2million and it depends on sales
Vo: do you have relate there? No
Vo: why do choose economy crossland studio? because is closer to the hospital.
VO:Have you travel before. yes to south africa.
she gave me the blue paper.
please i need your candid advice

Now i dont know if i can reapply in south africa because i have valid residence or i should apply in abuja.

The black witch strikes again... but this time not really her fault.
I think using MIHS in Phoenix worked against you.
Use a different hosp, reapply if you still have time.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 9:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
anonymousmum:

Yes boss. ASAP.
grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 9:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
In the spirit of giving back, I had my baby some days ago in New York. I checked Wycoff, Queens Medical Center, kings county hospital Brooklyn, jamaica hospital, new York Hospital Queens but eventually settled with MMC (Mercy Medical Center) cos they had a straight forward pricing and honestly I got top notch satisfaction from the level of care I received.

Prenatal visits and care, tests, sonogram and delivery cost at the hospital's care center is 1100;
2 days hospital stay with sumptuous food (and a celebration dinner for the couple...LoL. let's just say I like food too much sha ) is 6000;
Epidural 1000.
Several tests and vaccines were administered during the 2 days stay and it's all inclusive in what you paid (tdap, hep B, hearing test, vit K, etc etc).
2 post partum visit for mother is also included but you pay 85 for pediatrician to see baby after discharge.

I got all my receipts and awaiting Zero balance letter.

BC and SSN is being processed by the hospital and I can start passport application afterwads.

All in all, fantastic hospital and experience.

And HONESTLY we need to start combing out new hospitals as well that will be beneficial to others too..

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
ewa2014:
In the spirit of giving back, I had my baby some days ago in New York. I checked Wycoff, Queens Medical Center, kings county hospital Brooklyn, jamaica hospital, new York Hospital Queens but eventually settled with MMC (Mercy Medical Center) cos they had a straight forward pricing and honestly I got top notch satisfaction from the level of care I received.

Prenatal visits and care, tests, sonogram and delivery cost at the hospital's care center is 1100;
2 days hospital stay with sumptuous food (and a celebration dinner for the couple...LoL. let's just say I like food too much sha ) is 6000;
Epidural 1000.
Several tests and vaccines were administered during the 2 days stay and it's all inclusive in what you paid (tdap, hep B, hearing test, vit K, etc etc).
2 post partum visit for mother is also included but you pay 85 for pediatrician to see baby after discharge.

I got all my receipts and awaiting Zero balance letter.

BC and SSN is being processed by the hospital and I can start passport application afterwads.

All in all, fantastic hospital and experience.

And HONESTLY we need to start combing out new hospitals as well that will be beneficial to others too..

I don't get
Is the 6k plus Drs fee? Or it's the 1100 that's d Drs fee...
Or they don't have Drs fee? And then is it only for staying there for 2 days that's d 6k?
I don't understand the quote
In my opinion the 1100 pretty much covered a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
6k is for two days hospital stay for VD ... Hospitals in New York ain't smiling o, some give you quotes per day sef ... LoL.

Doctor falls under the 1100. Which also includes prenatal care, ur drugs, sonogram, prenatal tests, etc etc..

People who don't know about the 1100 end up paying 6000 for the 2 days hospital stay and additional 3000-4000 for gettin their own doctors.. I almost did this, intact I contacted to Nigerians doctors affiliated to the hospital before I found out about the all encompassing self pay 1100 discounted rate.

So it's best to use the full hospital package with their own doctors ...

firsttymum:

I don't get
Is the 6k plus Drs fee? Or it's the 1100 that's d Drs fee...
Or they don't have Drs fee? And then is it only for staying there for 2 days that's d 6k?
I don't understand the quote
In my opinion the 1100 pretty much covered a lot

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 10:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
donchuky:
congrats Toks07. are you staying in ranted apartment? if yes can you help me out with any one around where you staying.

No, am staying with relatives.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 10:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
Greetings.
While I stand corrected, I perceive the VO looking at your economic capability didn't see the logic in you;
1. Choosing an economical hospital rather than a moderate one. .
2. To cap it all you still went ahead and book reservation for a studio (economical) again.
For someone who earns 2m power month should be able to afford at least a comfortable $3k per month apartment. ...my take though
As such she pinned loopholes in your story and that's a big red flag for them ergo the blue paper. ...

Try reapplying and use a moderate hospital say total package of no less than $9-10k... reserve an apartment utility and bills paid say min a 2 bedroom (cos truly 4 someone with a 2m monthly earning can't stand staying in a $1500 per month studio (taste thingy)...
All in all, plug all loop holes and maybe try visiting the Abuja embassy.

Good luck

lizzylilly:
Good day please am a sillent reader,have learnt alot from part1 to part 2 ,i went for my interview today at lagos . Im 24 weeks pregnant.unfortunately i was refused by the black woman. please help me , how to solve this problem am down since i came back.
my husband has business in south africa and i have my business also am general merchandise in clothing and textiles. I have 7 million plus in my account and i went with my husband statement of account too.

Vo; when is your due date? december
VO:can i see your appoinment letter? yes i gave it to her
Vo:why did you choose phoenix among all? because its affordable
Vo;what do you do?
Vo;how much do you earn per month? 2million and it depends on sales
Vo: do you have relate there? No
Vo: why do choose economy crossland studio? because is closer to the hospital.
VO:Have you travel before. yes to south africa.
she gave me the blue paper.
please i need your candid advice

Now i dont know if i can reapply in south africa because i have valid residence or i should apply in abuja.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by gaggle: 12:23am On Aug 05, 2015
[quote author=ewa2014 post=36612829]In the spirit of giving back, I had my baby some days ago in New York. I checked Wycoff, Queens Medical Center, kings county hospital Brooklyn, jamaica hospital, new York Hospital Queens but eventually settled with MMC (Mercy Medical Center) cos they had a straight forward pricing and honestly I got top notch satisfaction from the level of care I received.

Epidural 1000.
2 post partum visit for mother is also included but you pay 85 for pediatrician to see baby after discharge

congrats!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lizzylilly: 2:12am On Aug 05, 2015
@oloking thank you. I will make sure i correct all my mistakes.Even i called MIHS to change my appointment date. they said i have to cancel my appointment because they cant change the date again,definetly i have to look for another hospital.
Please can i use doctor fagbohun for my next interview?

olokings:
Greetings.
While I stand corrected, I perceive the VO looking at your economic capability didn't see the logic in you;
1. Choosing an economical hospital rather than a moderate one. .
2. To cap it all you still went ahead and book reservation for a studio (economical) again.
For someone who earns 2m power month should be able to afford at least a comfortable $3k per month apartment. ...my take though
As such she pinned loopholes in your story and that's a big red flag for them ergo the blue paper. ...

Try reapplying and use a moderate hospital say total package of no less than $9-10k... reserve an apartment utility and bills paid say min a 2 bedroom (cos truly 4 someone with a 2m monthly earning can't stand staying in a $1500 per month studio (taste thingy)...
All in all, plug all loop holes and maybe try visiting the Abuja embassy.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lizzylilly: 2:25am On Aug 05, 2015
Thanks Nefertitiram. even there was a heavily pregnant woman she denied her too and woman started crying embarassed
if there was a way to avoid her window i would have done it, because i read about how she deny many people.
I will make sure i use another hospital.
God bless you.
nefertitiram:

The black witch strikes again... but this time not really her fault.
I think using MIHS in Phoenix worked against you.
Use a different hosp, reapply if you still have time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 3:41am On Aug 05, 2015
lizzylilly:
Thanks Nefertitiram. even there was a heavily pregnant woman she denied her too and woman started crying embarassed
if there was a way to avoid her window i would have done it, because i read about how she deny many people.
God bless you.

Not just another hospital. A hospital more expensive than mihs and accommodation too.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 4:15am On Aug 05, 2015
In the spirit of giving back to this thread. Here comes my poe story as I have already gotten my visa before I come across this thread and it's really help.

Fly in yesterday morning. My poe is atlanta. Here it goes. It was a very long quee oooo but God dey, person gather strength stand for some time. I thk their was a flight before ours.

Officer hi, we chorus hello
Officer why are u here, my husby for vacation
Officer How long are u staying, husby 2 weeks
Officer let me see ur ticket. I hand it over to him
Officer checked it and saw mine more than 2wks
Officer this is more than 2wks, that's when I got involve I told him I was pregnant and am staying back to have my baby.
Officer why did u want to give birth in us, me cos of d good health care.
Officer how much did u have with u, I told him
Na so the man take take our finger print, stamp us all for 6 month be that.

Carry myself enter agric, nobody actually ask us to go in their, would have just walk pass. They went and seize my children's indomie that it's has chicken (ONION CHICKEN).

All my documents just arrange dey sleep for envelop whey I keep them.

It was smooth. All thanks to God that answers prayers. He did answer my prayers oo.

Went for my doc appointment today and all went good, check the baby heartbeath, and take blood sample to run verious test they need and book me for next apptmt.

It was God all the way.

Thks to all in this forum and all have pm and their advice.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 5:37am On Aug 05, 2015
anonymousmum:

Yes boss. ASAP.

L grin grin L not a sml thg
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:24am On Aug 05, 2015
lizzylilly:
God bless you.
Consider Abuja...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:27am On Aug 05, 2015
Ok now I get ... Pardon my manners ... Congratulations darling grin
ewa2014:
6k is for two days hospital stay for VD ... Hospitals in New York ain't smiling o, some give you quotes per day sef ... LoL.

Doctor falls under the 1100. Which also includes prenatal care, ur drugs, sonogram, prenatal tests, etc etc..

People who don't know about the 1100 end up paying 6000 for the 2 days hospital stay and additional 3000-4000 for gettin their own doctors.. I almost did this, intact I contacted to Nigerians doctors affiliated to the hospital before I found out about the all encompassing self pay 1100 discounted rate.

So it's best to use the full hospital package with their own doctors ...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by imadebaby: 7:05am On Aug 05, 2015
pls anyone going to elpaso in november or december?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 8:11am On Aug 05, 2015
hi people. please i need clarification on this us visa ooooo

i was refused uk visa as first timer last year with my baby; reason : insufficient funds & they could not reach the person that invited me

now i am 21wks pregnant and want to go and give birth in the us. hubby is our sponsor and has uk & shenghen visa that are expired.

do we reapply for the uk visa first before going to us embassy or do we just leave uk and apply to us to give birth

what are our chances of getting the us visa

i will appreciate your candid response dear gurus

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 8:20am On Aug 05, 2015
firsttymum:

Consider Abuja...

So they don't deny in Abuja abi? There is an asian chick ( don't know if she's still there) whose main joy in life is raining on people's parades.. cheesy...

Its just dotting the Is & crossing the Ts & divine favour when the stories don't add up. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by back2dmatter: 8:34am On Aug 05, 2015
Good News For GTBank Account Holders Seeking PTA....

A Friend Of Mine In The Bank Told Me That The Bank Now Sells PTA....

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:36am On Aug 05, 2015
modath:

So they don't deny in Abuja abi? There is an asian chick ( don't know if she's still there) whose main joy in life is raining on people's parades.. cheesy...

Its just dotting the Is & crossing the Ts & divine favour when the stories don't add up. smiley
Abi o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by missusadey: 10:37am On Aug 05, 2015
Hello All. Good news right here. Gtbank has started giving PTA. But your account must have been opened for at least 3 months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.