Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,520 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892054 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bigfido: 1:18am On Aug 09, 2015
ewa2014:
I got mine over the phone but I was already here..PM me.

hello dear. please did you use doctor ukpabi or onyieke?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 2:04am On Aug 09, 2015
No, I contacted them but I dint use them... Use the MMC clinic itself... Their doctors would attend to you... Tell them you are self paying and you get to pay $1100 for prenatal testing and drugs, sonogram and delivery. It's a package that makes sense...

If u use any of those naija doctors you are looking at within 3-5k in addition to the 6k hospital charge for two day stay.

bigfido:

hello dear. please did you use doctor ukpabi or onyieke?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 2:22am On Aug 09, 2015
Correct, I used this method to pay my hospital bills last year at even cheaper than card/PTA rates. But I think there was a circular from the CBN on it earlier this year or late last year reviewing the eligible transactions and I think medical was taken out - not very sure now. Also, with most of these hospitals not accepting payments before you show up, not sure how it will work - except if someone processes it after you've landed here.

The other advantage is that you can do this and still apply for PTA - I did this last year.

Would be great to find out if medical bills are still eligible though.

firsttymum:
Out of curiousity I searched for the meaning of form A

It is for invisible transactions
Examples of eligible Invisible transactions are school fees, mortgage payments, medical

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 09, 2015
I know I &hubby came back last from houston via UA wt 4bags of 50kg each else dey ve changed buh going from Lag was a total of 46kg

shawlar:

Okay oh, If they say so on their website - so be it..., but the attendants @ United in Naija weighed (i think 15kg limit) & measured (made sure it fitted into some contraption like this ) my peeps hand luggage before they left. 100% sure of this

I no too blame them jare, wen b say na apoti some 9ja peeps go dey use as handluggage nko..??

@chenonye Its still the same 2bags of 23kg i.e for economy. Business class & premier get 32kg.

read this http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/travel/Pages/BaggageChecked.aspx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:41am On Aug 09, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Correct, I used this method to pay my hospital bills last year at even cheaper than card/PTA rates. But I think there was a circular from the CBN on it earlier this year or late last year reviewing the eligible transactions and I think medical was taken out - not very sure now. Also, with most of these hospitals not accepting payments before you show up, not sure how it will work - except if someone processes it after you've landed here.

The other advantage is that you can do this and still apply for PTA - I did this last year.

Would be great to find out if medical bills are still eligible though.

Yes they have o, medical is included
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:46am On Aug 09, 2015
chenonye:
I know I &hubby came back last from houston via UA wt 4bags of 50kg each else dey ve changed buh going from Lag was a total of 46kg

It's not possible ? 50 kg? I'm sure it's 50 lbs ask your hubby again,... It's 50 lbs not kg

50lbs (pounds) is equivalent to 23kg

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by duchessgoddess(f): 10:33am On Aug 09, 2015
ewa2014:

No, I contacted them but I dint use them... Use the MMC clinic itself... Their doctors would attend to you... Tell them you are self paying and you get to pay $1100 for prenatal testing and drugs, sonogram and delivery. It's a package that makes sense...

If u use any of those naija doctors you are looking at within 3-5k in addition to the 6k hospital charge for two day stay.

@ewa2014 please I need more info on the MMC clinic. what's the full meaning of MMC and what city is it located? Their contact details too. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jacklenst: 10:35am On Aug 09, 2015
Hello! House.
I am new in this forum.
I congratulates all recent mothers and fathers in the house.
Has anyone news about New Jersey? Affordable hospital, Dr., and accommodation?
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 11:00am On Aug 09, 2015
jacklenst:
Hello! House.
I am new in this forum.
Thanks.

cc @firsttymum.... wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
shawlar:

cc @firsttymum.... wink
Lolz! I just had to come out of lurking mode. Yes indeed Firsttymmum is a clown cheesy
Jisike o firsttymmum. U are doing a good job. As people no wan work but dem wan climb another person back enzjoy angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
shawlar:

cc @firsttymum.... wink
Hahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
jacklenst:
Hello! House.
I am new in this forum.
Thanks.
Hello newbie. ....thank you for joining the NL community where you feel at home online.
Please refer to the travel Forum and join the thread giving birth in the USA.
There you may kindly read part 1 and part 2 to current page 224.
Please make sure to hold your jotter pen and whatever resource you need to store info for personal use.
You will find answers that may arose from your prospective venture in the United States.

Pls further feel free to come back and narrate your experience whilst adding to the value of the forum.
Thankyou and good luck.
#press 1 to hear this message again in a different dialect.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thank you OLOKINGS
Copy and paste made easy grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
firsttymum:

Hello newbie. ....thank you for joining the NL community where you feel at home online.
Please make sure to hold your jotter pen and whatever resource you need to store info for personal use.
You will find answers that may arose from your prospective venture in the United States.

Pls further feel free to come back and narrate your experience whilst adding to the value of the forum.
Thankyou and good luck.

Para espanol oprimaro numero dos! (FOR SPANISH PRESS #2)

Firstymum for Senate President!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olorieka: 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
Plz I want to no the best way to apply for us visa am planning to go have my baby there thou am still few weeks gone so still very early but I like planning ahead PS. Have try applying with my kids before but was denied but now my intension is to have my baby dere.should I apply alone and tell dem am going to have my baby dere or try visiting with my kids or alone or try with hubby plz note that have not travel before with my passport urgent response is needed plz
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 12:57pm On Aug 09, 2015
Please make sure to hold your jotter, pen and whatever resource you need to store info for personal use. 

Thankyou and good luck. 
#press 1 to hear/translate this message again in a different dialect.

olorieka:
Plz I want to no the best way to apply for us visa am planning to go have my baby there thou am still few weeks gone so still very early but I like planning ahead PS. Have try applying with my kids before but was denied but now my intension is to have my baby dere.should I apply alone and tell dem am going to have my baby dere or try visiting with my kids or alone or try with hubby plz note that have not travel before with my passport urgent response is needed plz
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
@firstymum, Nefertitiram, and Olokings, I so love your sense of humor..
I smile when I see your comments

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
chenonye:

That should be 50 pounds not 50kg.

The highest I've seen an airline do is 30kg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
nefertitiram:

Para espanol oprimaro numero dos! (FOR SPANISH PRESS #2)

Firstymum for Senate President!
Hahahahhahahahhahahahaaaaa
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
Phema:

Gbam
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
Madam olorieka

You applied for US visa twice and was denied
You applied for France visa and was denied
You applied for UK visa and was denied

And you don't want to read the thread?
Sweetie Your best chance right now is to be prepared and not spoon-fed

OLOKINGS has replied you, I gave you the same response Yesterday too..

There you may kindly read part 1 and part 2 to current page 223.

Thankyou and good luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
Yes, you can try applying alone, since your kids will be your social tie to Nigeria - but it all depends.

Maybe you should share your past experience - why were you rejected before?

olorieka:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Yes, you can try applying alone, since your kids will be your social tie to Nigeria - but it all depends.

Maybe you should share your past experience - why were you rejected before?
I really feel for her... And I hope she gets it right this time
She has been rejected twice to d US, once to the UK AND FRANCE respectively
Major reason was strong ties and den a large some into her account without an explanation.
Plus agent has chopped her money before.

This time around she must b fully prepared... As in completely prepared
Cc OLORIEKA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
Phema:

Maybe she flew emirates or arik first class..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
nefertitiram:

she specifically said via UA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by titila: 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
@Firstly mum nd Shrekandfiona. Thank you so much for taking time to explain. I'll just keep my hands crossed with or without their scan.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
MMC - Mercy Medical Center, it's in Rockville center (Long Island axis of New York).

Send me PM so wld give u details.

duchessgoddess:

@ewa2014 please I need more info on the MMC clinic. what's the full meaning of MMC and what city is it located? Their contact details too. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hello House,
please experience El paso Mama's has anyone ever used paid help (Nanny) while in El paso ie you travelled without any family to help you. How did you get the help and what was your experience.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2015
olorieka:
My advice is apply alone, apply in abuja, let your hubby be your sole sponsor, state childbirth as reason for travelling. Read the whole 401 pages of part 1 and above all Pray for divine Favour.

That was what worked for me. It was my 1st time applying, i applied alone, I was 32 weeks gone during my interview and I was granted visa with no documents checked though I went prepared with my burden of proof.

Ps: for those sending me pm's, please stop. I get up to 3 pm's daily. Am sorry I neither read nor reply them. All the info I have, I got them from this thread. It took me weeks to read the whole of part 1 do yourselves same favour. Cheers

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hmm, this is serious then. She really needs divine intervention and favour o.

Being rejected by all 3 certainly points to something- is she working? Earning enough? Worked for a while? Seem they all think she won't come back. But there must be a reason...

Maybe a more detailed background as to what happened will help.

Meanwhile, I hope the agents didn't misrepresent her o - you know like lie on her application - those lies that can even give you long term ban. She needs to check that too.

firsttymum:

I really feel for her... And I hope she gets it right this time
She has been rejected twice to d US, once to the UK AND FRANCE respectively
Major reason was strong ties and den a large some into her account without an explanation.
Plus agent has chopped her money before.

This time around she must b fully prepared... As in completely prepared
Cc OLORIEKA

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
nefertitiram:

True that.

I just don't know I'm so 'economy' minded. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
Olorieka I will not take u step by step about how to go about filling the forms, hospitals etc but I'll answer to one point u raised.
Should u tell them u want top birth in the USA? Do u intend to birth in the US? Then modef u should. Imagine getting the visa, spending tons of money and then a small gieh VO will look u finish and deport u.
The fact that u have used agents AND you are still considering misrepresentation makes me believe u never ready.
Part 1 of this thread is so hot with info, serzly. U can afford not to read the ist part of the part 2 but to research? You must.
Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.