Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894363 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by happychild15: 11:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
@popri lagos to houston iah
Last week Aug or first week sept
Return December 16th
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bee2bee(f): 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
Hello house,

Pls do I need to liquidate my investments into my personal account before visa application? Bulk of my monies are in treasury bills, fixed deposit and a private investment company. I have Investment letters from the Banks and company already. Cc @ladyguinivere , firsttymum, phema.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
No, you don't have to, I have never done that.

Just be sure that if you are using part of the investment for this trip, it needs to have a maturity date earlier than your travel date.

bee2bee:
Hello house,

Pls do I need to liquidate my investments into my personal account before visa application? Bulk of my monies are in treasury bills, fixed deposit and a private investment company. I have Investment letters from the Banks and company already. Cc @ladyguinivere , firsttymum, phema.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
bee2bee:
Hello house, Pls do I need to liquidate my investments into my personal account before visa application? Bulk of my monies are in treasury bills, fixed deposit and a private investment company. I have Investment letters from the Banks and company already. Cc @ladyguinivere , firsttymum, phema.

You don't have to. I hope the TB will be mature when you do need it as that can't be liquidated willingly. Do go with the certificates and statements of accounts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bee2bee(f): 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
Thanks @financefitness , phema. Yes the TB will mature before travel date. One more quest. If I can conveniently sponsor my trip going by my finances and job do I still need to add DHs documents like his account statement, letter from his office etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
Please,do we have any October mum in the house? Leaving in september POE ATL,not decided on hospital yet,accomodation am getting is high 1700.any one wth useful info.i will appreciate please save a soul.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
You can actually liquidate tbills before maturity. It will however have to be sold at the secondary market and will be at the day's trading price - this can lead to either a profit or loss depending on what has happened to market yields since the bill was bought.

Phema:

You don't have to. I hope the TB will be mature when you do need it as that can't be liquidated willingly. Do go with the certificates and statements of accounts.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
No dear, you don't have to include his details - but on second thoughts, you can go with his own details too - just in case they ask.

That's what I do too - just mine and my sponsor is self.

bee2bee:
Thanks @financefitness , phema. Yes the TB will mature before travel date. One more quest. If I can conveniently sponsor my trip going by my finances and job do I still need to add DHs documents like his account statement, letter from his office etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
FinanceFitness:
You can actually liquidate tbills before maturity. It will however have to be sold at the secondary market and will be at the day's trading price - this can lead to either a profit or loss depending on what has happened to market yields since the bill was bought.

Oh yea. I forgot that option.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bee2bee(f): 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
FinanceFitness:
No dear, you don't have to include his details - but on second thoughts, you can go with his own details too - just in case they ask.

That's what I do too - just mine and my sponsor is self.

Thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
bee2bee:

You may or may not. But, I will say, go with his docs too and say he is co-sponsoring. That way, it feels like something both of you are involved in and not just you doing your thing. . . You gerrit?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bee2bee(f): 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
I gorrit @phema..lol tanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
glassy2606:
Please,do we have any October mum in the house? Leaving in september POE ATL,not decided on hospital yet,accomodation am getting is high 1700.any one wth useful info.i will appreciate please save a soul.
You didn't state where you are heading to. Is it Atlanta or somewhere else?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 7:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
@ firsttymum, I actually noticed you ve not commented here for the past 2days. Na who vex you. Hope you are OK?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Bsharon: 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
[quote author=donchuky post=36985203]@bsharon, my wife will be using the same services at yours next month. how has the experience with them so far. Did contact MH or everything went through Dr. Amajor?. how can i have your phone number or email. thanks

Dr Amajoh office is in the same building of labour and delivery of methodist hospital sugarland.

After your first hospital visit you will be referred to the billing department of methodist hospital sugarland,ground floor.

Please always ask questions to avoid matters that affect the heart grin grin. If questions are asked properly you will not in cure extra charges.

The hospital services is top niche and well organised.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
FinanceFitness:
On this boredom issue - if there is no medical reason to travel early and you have the heart, there's no point rushing to the US - especially if you plan to be honest at POE.

If you're gangster like me, travelled late and had my baby 3 weeks after arrival (flew delta - so no restriction) - I had week 1 to rest and the other 2 weeks spent shopping. Leaving when my baby is 4 weeks - 2 weeks for postpartum relaxation and adjusting to baby, 1 week for document processing, last 1 week for final shopping and off I go home!

@finance fitness, at how many wks did u travel..travellin @37wks but recently fear dn catch me wt d way d baby is acting..travelled early last year @36wks plus. And baby arrived after 4wks+, @Almost 41wks so I decided 2 travel @37 now

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
chenonye:

@finance fitness, at how many wks did u travel..travellin @37wks but recently fear dn catch me wt d way d baby is acting..travelled early last year @36wks plus. And baby arrived after 4wks+, @Almost 41wks so I decided 2 travel @37 now

Hi,
I will advise u travel earlier esp if this is your second as the second usually comes earlier
Quite risky I must say

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
happychild15:
@popri lagos to houston iah
Last week Aug or first week sept
Return December 16th

Hi hi
Hmmm..airlines are not smiling, just got the quote and is just unbelievable o
Delta three something k, same as Emirates,
I got mine in July and even thought it wlda been cheaper cos up until second week of sep, the rate remains high
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
ozycy:
@ firsttymum, I actually noticed you ve not commented here for the past 2days. Na who vex you. Hope you are OK?

I've been waiting for firsttymum too on cheap ticket offers, airlines are not smiling
Hope she's ok
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
Popri:

I've been waiting for firsttymum too on cheap ticket offers, airlines are not smiling
Hope she's ok

Air France is doing 50% off from abuja..thank me later. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fruitilicious: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
[quote author=Popri post=37026165]

Hi hi
Hmmm..airlines are not smiling, just got the quote and is just unbelievable o
Delta three something k, same as Emirates,
I got mine in July and even thought it wlda been cheaper cos up until second week of sep, the rate remains high

1st Sept to 16th Dec (Lagos to Houston)
Emirates- N291,313
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by silverplum: 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
modath:

50% Off on??
Base fare or taxes??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by back2dmatter: 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
DIH right?

aolatunde00:
I'm not sure what the cut off mark is but they won't accept you if you are 34 weeks and above. They regard your pregnancy as high risk especially if:

1. You don't have a sonogram report done before 20 weeks or I think sometime during your first trimester.
3. Your doctor's report from Nigeria isn't comprehensive enough for them/does not contain certain information they need to ascertain your current status.
1. Before you get here, contact your prospective doctor(s), send them your records.
2. Be clear on the information they require. There are certain tests and sonograms they expect to be done at certain stages in your pregnancy and your Nigerian hospital may do things differently. So try talk to your Nigerian doctor about what you need done to find a middle ground

!

Thanks a lot Therese.i crammed this page cos I just knew I was going to come back to it.I started my ante-natal at 6wks in a hospital at Gra Ikeja.at exactly 24wks,the hospital changed location and lost my file in the process!To say I am upset is putting it mildly.
Now I have a doctor who's requested for my medical records so far(now 28wks) and I have nothing to send!!!
The Lagos doctor has said my "investigation reports could be retrieved and my history summarized" .whatever that means.
Pls could you or anyone in the house help with what exactly I should tell him my records at 29eks should include?
I'm heading to Denton Dallas and using Texas Presbyterian.
Thanks all.
Cc Olokings
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oyibo4real: 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
Hello house, i really appreciate everyone's effort in this thread, it has indeed been very helpful 2 me. May God continue 2 bless us all. Pls i have an interview wt d US embassy on 7th september, initially i used vacation as purpose of application bt now i would like 2 include childbirth as i'm already in my 3rd trimester and i wouldn't want 2 miss my chances of getting ds visa. (Its a family application: me, my hubby, our 1yr plus son and my brother in law who is below 18yrs). Pls how do i include this childbirth since i already have a date for interview? Do i need 2 fill another DS160 form? Pls i'll really appreciate your quick response. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 10:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
You don't need to fill out another DS160 form.
You just state "vacation and childbirth" when asked purpose of travel during the interview. ...

oyibo4real:
Hello house, i really appreciate everyone's effort in this thread, it has indeed been very helpful 2 me. May God continue 2 bless us all. Pls i have an interview wt d US embassy on 7th september, initially i used vacation as purpose of application bt now i would like 2 include childbirth as i'm already in my 3rd trimester and i wouldn't want 2 miss my chances of getting ds visa. (Its a family application: me, my hubby, our 1yr plus son and my brother in law who is below 18yrs). Pls how do i include this childbirth since i already have a date for interview? Do i need 2 buy another DS160 form? Pls i'll really appreciate your quick response. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
I travelled at 36weeks, had baby at 39weeks.

Follow your heart and speak to your doctor on it. If baby is acting, please port o... It may just be your fear though.

chenonye:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mammabear: 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
MIHS no longer offers their package to non-residents of Arizona. I know a lot was said about MIHS on previous pages, which many found very helpful. Found out another hospital offers similar package in Phoenix...

MumTee:
Thank u mumdearest i appreciate.
1) I have contacted Dr Fagbohun via his email i got on this platform, that's why i asked about the nearest accomodation thing cos i remembered someone mentioning the East side accomodation is a bit far or so. Pardon me if i missed any other details.
2) I also found out about MIHS through this platform and contacted them, but when i didnt get a response that's why i decided to ask fellow mum's here.
3) I asked about Colorado cos i have someone there which i might consider if i find something reasonable which i didnt, that prompted my asking on this platform.
I understand how annoying it could be if one ask questions already answered that's why i took my time and thought carefully before asking the few i did. That notwithstanding, lets be polite to each other in our responses; no offence meant to anyone, u never can tell i could become your next door neighbour in no-man's-land. I apologise if any of my questions angered anyone on this platform.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 11:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
Am going to ATL,though I ve not bout my ticket,am an october mum,any october mum in d house please.i also ve not decided on accomodation,Dr and hospital bill I got is like 7000.is any one plannin to go early september?pls help a FTM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 12:26am On Aug 17, 2015
modath:

Modath thanks much, my cousin can't benefit from dis as her return date is March 2016... I've seen the deal so tickets to those destinations are all two something, very cool
How's ur LO?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 12:27am On Aug 17, 2015
[quote author=Fruitilicious post=37028290][/quote]

@ happymum15, this is for you if u cool with the long flight hours
Thnx fruitilicious

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 17, 2015
Good day NL's
Is it possible for someone to change his visa interview date?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oyibo4real: 7:38am On Aug 17, 2015
@Olokings thanks alot. God bless u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.