Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892221 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 11:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
Biko share with me oooo tell Dr Kel to bbm me the ticket expo
dyout:
i have found the secret grin smiley

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by algfred(m): 12:10am On Aug 14, 2015
ewa2014:
MMC - Mercy Medical Center, it's in Rockville center (Long Island axis of New York).

Send me PM so wld give u details.

Hi ewa2014. Please if you are still in NY or the states i will like madam to call you for small guidians on MMC.she canceled her appointment with them for today 14th. August hoping she can still find something less........ Any way she like to hear from the horses mouth if there were any hidden charges man no know for now with MMC. She is in bronx so guess its like 1hr or less to her location. (STAYING WITH FAM). I HAVE SENT YOU AN EMAIL REQUEst so you can help with a phone or personal chart with her, eseeeeeeeeeepu pooooo!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 3:44am On Aug 14, 2015
Hello algfred, yes I'm still in NY... And Nope, there are no hidden charges, got all myreceipts before I left the hospital and I'm good to go... Zero balance Shud be here by tomorrow as they have to send it from Revenue which is someplace else...

She wld have to pay the 1100 on the day of her first appointment and the 6k can be paid even after delivery but definitely before u leave the hospital...

algfred:

Hi ewa2014. Please if you are still in NY or the states i will like madam to call you for small guidians on MMC.she canceled her appointment with them for today 14th. August hoping she can still find something less........ Any way she like to hear from the horses mouth if there were any hidden charges man no know for now with MMC. She is in bronx so guess its like 1hr or less to her location. (STAYING WITH FAM). I HAVE SENT YOU AN EMAIL REQUEst so you can help with a phone or personal chart with her, eseeeeeeeeeepu pooooo!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 5:16am On Aug 14, 2015
olokings:
Come to think of it guys. .
It is safe to say that NL is addictive. .
Can't imagine within a space of 11 days I have been on the air for 4 days outta it. .yet the first thin I do when I check in (whether into the aircraft or hotel is "how can I access wifi) where is not available I roam my line on data not caring the cost.
Just so I'd keep up with the nairalanders.

It's high time I get a cure for this. ...maybe get another hobby. .lol
Knowledge us power yo. ..

# yawns. ... 02:40 am and I'm still peeking at the thread knowing I still got a second leg of 7 hrs flight tmro mrng after a whooping 14hrs just concluded. ...

@firsttymum I think you may need to boot me off this place with a 2 weeks ban to go on sebaticle..

Oga na tafia dey worry you *runs away* tongue

Just kidding o. Me sef, I read the thread at least twice a day. It's quite addictive and "infotaining" especially with the sorta characters and humour we have on here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 5:55am On Aug 14, 2015
If I catch u there!
I know the road u dey pass ooh!
I still get goons mi' for dt twn. ...
#whistling cool

Terese69:

Oga na tafia dey worry you *runs away* tongue

Just kidding o. Me sef, I read the thread at least twice a day. It's quite addictive and "infotaining" especially with the sorta characters and humour we have on here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 6:03am On Aug 14, 2015
uptown17:
yes i am reading. asides time constraint. you should remember some of us
are newbies here and only stumbled upon the thread when pregnancy has progressed

to read part 1 &2 of this topic takes weeks.. and who knows baby fit come while still reading posts in naija.. so efforts become wasted

am not asking to be spoonfed. i only want t.o know if its not a crime to say at embassy, we r going to state A. get d visa and go to state B. if POE officers wont be asking y

any1 who truly understands my plight should kindly answer. we havent applied for visa cos we r still reading... and time is def not gonna wait

thanks

You can use Google to make your read faster. For example you can Google "nairaland+give birth in usa+Houston poe" or "nairaland+give birth in usa+colorado+hospital" or whatever you want to search really. In my opinion, you get results faster that way and then you can ask for whatever you truly can't find [s]so you don't incur the wrath of hormonal preggos [/s] (who are otherwise very nice and helpful). Most people on here don't mind helping you but only after you have shown evidence of trying to help yourself cos really most of the questions asked have been answered previously.

Secondly, I used Dr. Fagbohun's (Oakbend, Houston) correspondence at my interview and at Dallas POE even though I was going to use a doctor and hospital in Dallas. The doctors I contacted in dallas don't commit to you or give you any sort of documented correspondence until they see you so a girl had to do what a girl had to do.

I'd say you have a right to change your mind as long as you pay all your bills and have your zero balance handy for next time.

I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 6:07am On Aug 14, 2015
olokings:
If I catch u there!
I know the road u dey pass ooh!
I still get goons mi' for dt twn. ...
#whistling cool

I know where your entire family are o. You don't want to mess with me. cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Remen: 6:17am On Aug 14, 2015
Hey ppl, i can finally post my experience. I travelled at 32 weeks to Florida and was tempted to move my flight to 34 weeks but hubby didnt agree.,anyway i had my gift from God on the 1st of August. For those of u ppl planning to travel late, I would strongly advise not to risk it at all cus it isnt worth d risk at all. My water broke at 35weeks 1day and dats when I had my baby. I can only thank God cus i was scared of having a premature baby who would need d assistance of NICU but that was not necessary. I will ans any question u guys have for me cus my story is a long one..(my BP was also very high at 33weeks and d medical care was just perfect)...

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 6:33am On Aug 14, 2015
Hello NL mums

I will like to have my baby in the US. ..Houston. grin

Pls kindly post drs and affordable hospitals. Thnx

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 6:34am On Aug 14, 2015
Oya oya. ...#strolling. .
#jagudabekoo lol. .I forget say u b area!
Hahaha

Terese69:

I know where your entire family are o. You don't want to mess with me. cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 6:38am On Aug 14, 2015
In kind response to your request please find below Dr's lats and affordable hospital in Houston.
I'm even going the extra mile of posting other locations in the USA incase u re considering as well.

https://www.nairaland.com/2176096/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/01

Feel free to pick n make your choices.
I how this helps cool grin

Shawbabe:
Hello NL mums

I will like to have my baby in the US. ..Houston. grin

Pls kindly post drs and affordable hospitals. Thnx

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 6:40am On Aug 14, 2015
We are waiting for your POE and birthing story proper ooh. ...
Popcorn poeps make una no hurry buy yet. ....need to get it fresh for the view.

Remen:
Hey ppl, i can finally post my experience. I travelled at 32 weeks to Florida and was tempted to move my flight to 34 weeks but hubby didnt agree.,anyway i had my gift from God on the 1st of August. For those of u ppl planning to travel late, I would strongly advise not to risk it at all cus it isnt worth d risk at all. My water broke at 35weeks 1day and dats when I had my baby. I can only thank God cus i was scared of having a premature baby who would need d assistance of NICU but that was not necessary. I will ans any question u guys have for me cus my story is a long one..(my BP was also very high at 33weeks and d medical care was just perfect)...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 6:49am On Aug 14, 2015
Kai! Babes cheekiness won't do you any favours
You've got to help yourself I'm afraid, everyone got preggers at some point and hit the thread for info.
Wait and see, until the next person asks the same questions you've just been given an answer to, for not taking the time to read through, and then tell me you don't catch feelings

[quote author=uptown17 post=36933465]
thanks alot olokings. you are a life saver
i knew a male would answer differently
let me pm you. some peeps already witch hunt here

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by coffeeblue(f): 7:04am On Aug 14, 2015
hi Remen,

Congrats on ur baby. Can't wait to hear the remaining story. Please where in Florida did u go too. I also plan on going to Florida in October.

Remen:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:11am On Aug 14, 2015
olokings:
Come to think of it guys. .
It is safe to say that NL is addictive. .
Can't imagine within a space of 11 days I have been on the air for 4 days outta it.

@firsttymum I think you may need to boot me off this place with a 2 weeks ban to go on sebaticle..
I need help too o! And the funny thing is I don't need a rehab at least not yet... Lol wink when our LO shows up they'll prolly b our rehab .... Hahhahaha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:13am On Aug 14, 2015
iolite88:
When are you leaving and where are you heading to?
sept houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2015
uptown17:

thanks alot olokings. you are a life saver
i knew a male would answer differently
let me pm you. some peeps already witch hunt here.
shocked
SERIOUSLY? And the women that has helped you in the past nko? Smh
I practically posted my jotter for you... With pages and references
Mscheeeeeeeew
Tueh

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 9:19am On Aug 14, 2015
olokings:
In kind response to your request please find below Dr's lats and affordable hospital in Houston.
I'm even going the extra mile of posting other locations in the USA incase u re considering as well.

https://www.nairaland.com/2176096/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/01

Feel free to pick n make your choices.
I how this helps cool grin

Lmao. Don't mind me oh....me wey don born finish. My pikin go soon dey do introduction sef. I just wanted to upset una with the same damn question for Houston that has been thrashed up and down lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:51am On Aug 14, 2015
Shawbabe:

Lmao. Don't mind me oh....me wey don born finish. My pikin go soon dey do introduction sef. I just wanted to upset una with the same damn question for Houston that has been thrashed up and down lol

I for fear! shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 9:59am On Aug 14, 2015
Waooo shocked... congrats Remen. Will start kabashing seriously.... Traveling at 35 weeks pumpem! This last American dream will be achieved by his grace grin.

Remen:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2015
Okay. i will discuss it with her.

iolite88:
Biko share with me oooo tell Dr Kel to bbm me the ticket expo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olorieka: 10:58am On Aug 14, 2015
Thank you all for your contribution all document needed for the embassy is all sorted out thanks to all of you but I have one more questions to ask for me going for childbirth is it advisable to apply with my kids or apply alone to boost my chances because I have try to apply for visiting with them before but we were denied plz urgent response needed so I can book my appointment on time
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MamaTobenna: 10:58am On Aug 14, 2015
It's been awhile since I came on here after my missionary journey to California. How una dey, I can see the thread is lively as usual. Baby is 5 months already. Wishing all mums to be safe delivery

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 11:45am On Aug 14, 2015
@firsttymum,

Air france dey call you, 50% off from 3rd -31st of august abuja & ph abi nor be ph be your end?

@uptown17,

cheesy grin, you killing me with the witch hunting angle cheesy, what is Required of you aint rocket science mehn!!!

FinanceFitness,

I gat the whole gangstress thing in a chokehold, I'm the undisputed champion. . @ nefertiram na lie? wink

@olokings,
You aint gat no problem till you introduce your mama to NL &.get calls to inquire if you've seen so & so thread.. cool..

Till you're in company of your friends & they are "sharing" gossip & later found out none registered & you will have to call one of them to be "re-gisted" grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lollyberry: 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
pls ooo, I thought you said springOJ lifted your accommodation burden not long ago. Why the sudden change if mind?

@ozycy
Yes I did say that but I contacted them and the amount for the accomodation is way too high

In fact more than doctors bill sef Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
lollyberry:
[b]
@ozycy
Yes I did say that but I contacted them and the amount for the accomodation is way too high.In fact more than doctors bill sef Lol

Lol I thought as much cos I contacted them too and kept mute after I got their quote. I thought you hav already settled for them when I saw ur first post and was surprised to hear you asking for accommodation again. You can try soul cr

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
Nasadiva:

grin grin grin JUSTWISE this ur new bride is seriously dealing with you oooh shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin una no well

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yesmum: 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hawttattoo:
My Edd was on the 2nd of August based on scan did at 9 weeks. I don't know which kpekus nailed it (according to Nef) as I wasn't even sure of my LMC.
After 2nd August,I was scheduled for induction on the 7th but i called and cancelled it a day before 7th seriously kabashing and building up my faith that labour will come before then. As I had my other kids without inducing and on time.
I started having mild contraction on the 7th, got to the hospital on the early hours of 8th. The labour was not progressing and induction was the only option since I was already 41 weeks.
I declined epidural initially...but I had to literally begged for it when the pains became unbearable but still I wasn't given one cos my palette was low according to them
But in all.. I muscled it out as a true daughter of Zion bringing forth a 9.8lb baby boy... Phewww

My rating for HNWC will be 4.5****. Their nurses are nice and friendly. Clean rooms,nice food but poor in freebies
My baby was given only 15 diapers,1 small size wipe,8 Similac,thermometer ,pacifier
I was given rubber basin... Sit bath grin
I complained to my dr Glenn about the $1k pediatrician fee and I got a called from him yesterday that he has spoken to the CEO .... So hopefully something will be done about it. Yet to get my bills but will relate it once it's sorted

Forgive my long post...

Congrats on ur bundle of joy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
I knew that. ..ergo my post.
Lol

Shawbabe:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yesmum: 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
I will like to say a big thank you to all NL mamas and papas for ur contributions to d forum. I hv been a silent reader with my jotter and pen and dis really helped me. My Poe was dallas. Flew BA and requested for a wheelchair. Wasn't given in nija but it was no stress though. Got a gud seat and flight was interesting. Getting to Heathrow requested for d wheelchair but dey tactically didnt give me, was so stressful. When I boarded d flight to dallas I ensured I made proper arrangement for wheelchair and dis saved me a great deal. Landed dallas 13th August.

Cbp: u declared more than 10k and how much
Me: yes and told him d amount
Cbp: u declared food what items
Me: my local fud
Cbp were are u staying
Me: rented an apartment
Cbp: y
Me: child birth
Cbp: are ur other children American citizens
Me: no
Cbp: ok go 2 immigration to fill d form to declare ur money and agric

Thank you Jesus. That was all, no secondary inspection no food was seized, no document was checked though I had all my burden of proof. it was just like 5 mins with cbp. My advice; say the truth. Get ur jotter and pen, u will find every info u need on dis thread if u can read also request for wheelchair coz it was a saving grace for me. Resting at dallas b4 seeing doc Glen next week for my appointment. Will give more info as event unfolds.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.