Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (896671 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 17, 2015
oyibo4real:
Hello house, i really appreciate everyone's effort in this thread, it has indeed been very helpful 2 me. May God continue 2 bless us all. Pls i have an interview wt d US embassy on 7th september, initially i used vacation as purpose of application bt now i would like 2 include childbirth as i'm already in my 3rd trimester and i wouldn't want 2 miss my chances of getting ds visa. (Its a family application: me, my hubby, our 1yr plus son and my brother in law who is below 18yrs). Pls how do i include this childbirth since i already have a date for interview? Do i need 2 buy another DS160 form? Pls i'll really appreciate your quick response. Thanks

You can go for the interview but don't forget to add 'childbirth' when asked your purpose of travelling. it will be just vacation for your child and BIL. While hubby's will be both vacation and to experience the birth of his second child.

Make proper arrangements with a hospital and Dr at whatever destination you filled on your DS 160 and make sure you go with good financial statement to prove you can conveniently afford this trip (vacation and childbirth) with a somewhat large family. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:52am On Aug 17, 2015
Phema:

You can go for the interview but don't forget to add 'childbirth' when asked your purpose of travelling. it will be just vacation for your child and BIL. While hubby's will be both vacation and to experience the birth of his second child.

Make proper arrangements with a hospital and Dr at whatever destination you filled on your DS 160 and make sure you go with good financial statement to prove you can conveniently afford this trip (vacation and childbirth) with a somewhat large family. Goodluck.
Exactly what I thot. I have some reservations about the BIL but all na try your luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenWest: 8:59am On Aug 17, 2015
@Favouredmum, Congrats on the successful birth of your baby. I had planned to head to Newyork in Oct for Nov birth, but now considering using Oakbend in Houston. I am still in the process of sorting out accommodation and Dr. I would appreciate further information on these areas, particularly the contact of your Dr. How can i contact you to get further details. my email is reziadewale@yahoo.com Thanks

favouredmum:
Hi everyone,
Have been a silent reader for a long while. Tot I should give back to the thread.

I arrived Houston via Atlanta first wik of June at 34wiks with my husband. POE was smooth as the officer didn't even notice I was pregnant. He was busy jisting with my husband and stamped us in for 6 months. I had to tell him I was pregnant and he asked me to step back so he could take a look at me and asked dat we take care of the baby and pay our bills.

I had my baby at oakbend at 40wiks and 6 days. The experience was awesome. Was discharged 24hrs after delivery as baby and I were doing great. Feel into labour on my own and it was discovered dat the baby was in a posterior position during labour. Opted for a CS and my doctor advised that a VD was still possible. Active labour started at 10pm on a Tuesday and my LO came on Thursday at 3.28pm with a birth weight of 3.73kg. She said that the contractions were needed for the baby to turn before dialation would progress. I was at 3cm for over 24hrs. I give God the glory as baby and I came out alive and well. For those who are rhesus negative, ensure u get the rhogam shot as its part of your bill.

My bills as follows
Doctor - $1900
Tests - $120
Hospital - $2300
Labour epidural - $900
Pediatrician - $335
Brown and associate - $155 (for mother and baby)
This is what I spent on the birthing. For the pediatrician visit, I used pediatric centre and paid $108. Also got a copy of my zero balances before leaving and travelled with my baby at 2wiks and 3days.

I had an awesome host who has become good friends to my husband and I. Feel free to ask me questions as i am willing to assist in anyway I can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 17, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Exactly what I thot. I have some reservations about the BIL but all na try your luck

I do too. But, lets hope for the best. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2015
Jejebaba:
Good day NL's
Is it possible for someone to change his visa interview date?
Yes. Go to the appointment page, you will see "reschedule appointment "
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Jibbie2015: 11:02am On Aug 17, 2015
glassy2606:
Am going to ATL,though I ve not bout my ticket,am an october mum,any october mum in d house please.i also ve not decided on accomodation,Dr and hospital bill I got is like 7000.is any one plannin to go early september?pls help a FTM

Hi @glassy2606, I am currently in Atl,got in last week. i flew klm and staying with family. i ve nt decided on the dr n hopsital yet. can yu share the info yu ve with the 7k bill? thnks and lemme knw if i can assist with any info u need.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2015
@ Jibbie & other atlanta mums,

someone recommended Grady hospital atlanta, to me . I sent an email for estimates but was replied with a contact number
that no one picks. please if you can kindly check out the hospital for estimates with any luck since you are there or if there's anyone
on this thread that has info. about that hospital,kindly advise .thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 11:57am On Aug 17, 2015
So, in the spirit of 'sort of' giving back'. Some of you might remember that my cousin was denied her visa application and I had asked questions on her chances of getting it if she reapplied. Well I took the chance and I asked her to reapply! Her appointment was today and she was given.....wohooooo! (dancing shokiii). I have been having nightmares on how I would cope without help! But now that burden has been lifted!!

So I guess the lesson to be learnt is never give up! Even when it seems bleak! I trusted in God and had faith and because I knew my intentions were honest and clean I gave it a go! All the best to everyone who is believing and trusting God for a visa! All our prayers shall be answered......Amen!

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
Good morning,

Please help me on this request. My wife and I have plans on having our baby in the US. I have been trying to fill the ds-160 form online but I couldn't find the right option to choose when asked on the purpose of trip to the US.

As the pictures below show I am not able to choose the B1/B2 visa category.

Am I missing something. It is my first time please help a brother.

Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
geeteeai:
@ Jibbie & other atlanta mums,

someone recommended Grady hospital atlanta, to me . I sent an email for estimates but was replied with a contact number
that no one picks. please if you can kindly check out the hospital for estimates with any luck since you are there or if there's anyone
on this thread that has info. about that hospital,kindly advise .thank you.

Hi,

Heard of Grady hospital but i hear its downtown and a bit ghetto...u can find out.
The good ones recommended by residents in Atl are Emory,Dekalb General,Northside hospital and Gwinnett hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by donchuky(m): 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
Thanks a million. I would be glad if you can drop ur email id or a number i can reach you on johnnyboy_ok@yahoo.com there are other things i need to know and followup with before our arrival.
[quote author=Bsharon post=37025665][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oyibo4real: 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
@Phema n LagyGuinivere thanks so much, u hv rilly lifted a burden off my chest. Phema n LadyG pls u dnt hv 2 reserve anytin, i'm very mch open to corrections n suggestions as ds is our 1st time of applyin for anything visa. Once again pls can i use a hospital that is not in the state/city i filled in my DS160 or dat wil jeopardise our chances? Thanks again my people.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
select the B CLASS VISA type for pleasure/business/medical

its at the interview session you will tell them you are going for childbirth.

tosinajib:
Good morning,

Please help me on this request. My wife and I have plans on having our baby in the US. I have been trying to fill the ds-160 form online but I couldn't find the right option to choose when asked on the purpose of trip to the US.

Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
tosinajib:
Good morning,
Thanks
Choose the (B) category, it will den take you to another option of choosing B1/B2 or B2
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2015
oyibo4real:
@Phema n LagyGuinivere thanks so much, u hv rilly lifted a burden off my chest. Phema n LadyG pls u dnt hv 2 reserve anytin, i'm very mch open to corrections n suggestions as ds is our 1st time of applyin for anything visa. Once again pls can i use a hospital that is not in the state/city i filled in my DS160 or dat wil jeopardise our chances? Thanks again my people.

Well, there isn't so much you can do now cos you have booked your appointment and you are in your third trimester already. Honestly, it will be a bit difficult for your visas to be granted as a family going on vacation if your passports are all virgin. They usually ask if you have taken a trip together as a family to some place else before now. This is not to say it isn't doable though.

You can use another hospital, but what reason will you give for filling one state and going to another? Maybe, a little vacation first in the said state before heading to your final destination for birthing? Not bad.

Suggestions? If you still think you have time, I will say, retrieve the application. Reschedule your appointment. Go alone (or with your lil child). Use hubby and your job as your ties. Hubby can always apply to join you and he will most likely be granted if you do things right. But if there is lil or no time, then go as a family and hope for the best. Go prepared and ready to show that you can conveniently afford to go on vacation as a family and that you have something doing here that will bring you back home.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 17, 2015
ozycy:

Choose the (B) category, it will den take you to another option of choosing B1/B2 or B2
Thank you very much.
Quick one.

In my application I added my wife as being part of my travel itinerary but was not asked for her passport details. Will I need to fill and submit a separate application for her as well?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MaduxRox(f): 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
[quote author=Mum2bee post=37045029]So, in the spirit of 'sort of' giving back'. Some of you might remember that my cousin was denied her visa application and I had asked questions on her chances of getting it if she reapplied. Well I took the chance and I asked her to reapply! Her appointment was today and she was given.....wohooooo! (dancing shokiii).

Hi everyone! Been a silent reader since last year. Gained and still gaining a whole lot from this thread too. Kudos to all moms-to-be and those who have had babies of recent.

@Mum2bee, please could you kindly post your cousin's interview conversation? I too plan to take a family member with me when the time comes so i'd like to have an idea of what to expect. Also, what documents did your cousin provide for her interview? Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
Choose B category..
then b1 and b2 will appear next. Then you select

tosinajib:
Good morning,

Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
Yes.you will fill a separate form for her

tosinajib:

Thank you very much.
Quick one.

In my application I added my wife as being part of my travel itinerary but was not asked for her passport details. Will I need to fill and submit a separate application for her as well?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2015
0yin:

Hi,

Heard of Grady hospital but i hear its downtown and a bit ghetto...u can find out.
The good ones recommended by residents in Atl are Emory,Dekalb General,Northside hospital and Gwinnett hospital.

Owo ni koko o!

If it's well priced and suit hrr budget, i am sure a ghetto hosp in US beats our 9ja general hosps at least. ;d

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oyibo4real: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
Nice one @Phema, God bless u loads, i rilly appreciate. U made a WHOLE lot of sense in ur contributions kiss .Me n hubby rilly need 2 do our homework very well then. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
tosinajib:

Thank you very much.
Quick one.
After filling your form, u will fill a separate form for your wife. Each individual will have to fill a different form.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oyin15: 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread but I've been reading silently for a while. Thanks for all the good works uve all been doing. God bless u. I'm a November mum headed for Newyork. Got a lot of info from this thread. @ ewa 2014, pls I sent u a PM cos I need to clarify some things
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
Phema:

Well, there isn't so much you can do now cos you have booked your appointment and you are in your third trimester already. Honestly, it will be a bit difficult for your visas to be granted as a family going on vacation if your passports are all virgin. They usually ask if you have taken a trip together as a family to some place else before now. This is not to say it isn't doable though.

You can use another hospital, but what reason will you give for filling one state and going to another? Maybe, a little vacation first in the said state before heading to your final destination for birthing? Not bad.

Suggestions? If you still think you have time, I will say, retrieve the application. Reschedule your appointment. Go alone (or with your lil child). Use hubby and your job as your ties. Hubby can always apply to join you and he will most likely be granted if you do things right. But if there is lil or no time, then go as a family and hope for the best. Go prepared and ready to show that you can conveniently afford to go on vacation as a family and that you have something doing here that will bring you back home.
Gbam! Oyibo4real Ist and foremost una no get travel history at all. Then add lack of history as a family. U come join BIL , less than 18(young, vibrant and ready to hustle) . Meanyl you are suPposedly going to give birth and have a family vacation for the first time come carry third well. Make e no use em jazz spoil your highlife cheesy
I strongly align with Phema. Apply alone or with the LO and show your strong statement and burden of proof and use hubby as tie. BIL fit wait mbok. Be prepared thou for reason why u wan born No.2 for US

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
Bee2bee I'm sorry jare been busy... I see u have been replied.

Popri I'm sorry dear... Been busy, erm do I still check for you? And yes I'm fine

Ozycy sweetie I'm fine, just been busy

MODATH after I don buy ticket *sniff sniff* I didn't even check d rate make e no pain me Hahhahaha grin... And yes na ph... Ur badass memory wink

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Gbam! Oyibo4real Ist and foremost una no get travel history at all. Then add lack of history as a family. U come join BIL , less than 18(young, vibrant and ready to hustle) . Meanyl you are suPposedly going to give birth and have a family vacation for the first time come carry third well. Make e no use em jazz spoil your highlife cheesy
I strongly align with Phema. Apply alone or with the LO and show your strong statement and burden of proof and use hubby as tie. BIL fit wait mbok. Be prepared thou for reason why u wan born No.2 for US

thought she has applied... Gone are those days when "rumors" that applying as a family guarantees visa...

Oyinbo4real
strong ties
birthing documents
finances (ensure its enough to cover all of u incase u have already applied) plus where u guys are going to visit BLA BLA BLA
Ur BIL part is kinda confusing
Good luck o...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2015
Oyin15:
Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread but I've been reading silently for a while. Thanks for all the good works uve all been doing. God bless u. I'm a November mum headed for Newyork. Got a lot of info from this thread. @ ewa 2014, pls I sent u a PM cos I need to clarify some things
Ask ur questions here u might get a reply faster... That's if u r in a hurry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
Popri:

Modath thanks much, my cousin can't benefit from dis as her return date is March 2016... I've seen the deal so tickets to those destinations are all two something, very cool
How's ur LO?

Bobo is bouncing, Thx sis..

@ firsttymum,

Awwhhh, was really hopeful it will be useful,thought you were still undecided...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shagaman: 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2015
oyibo4real:
Nice one @Phema, God bless u loads, i rilly appreciate. U made a WHOLE lot of sense in ur contributions kiss .Me n hubby rilly need 2 do our homework very well then. Thanks again.

Madam Phema,how go dey go ooooo,nice reply to the question,i see 2 red flags here
1) Large family without history of family vacation
2)The younger man not up to 18

sends signal of not coming back as the young man can stay back in the US even if the @oyibo4real has intentions of coming back ,visa most likely would be denied,there must be strong ties that are visible,VO s are bit of psychologist they read meaning to little mistakes we make on applications.

Lady should apply alone using husband as strong ties for return
Husband should apply after wife has traveled the percentage of getting visa is high then.

@Phema ,@Tvegas and @Justwise this one you guys i read your comment here regularly have you started planning another trip abi @Phema you dey January 2016 set niiii wink

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by aolatunde00: 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2015
back2dmatter:
DIH right?

smiley mayb.u use them too?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
I hv responded ...

Oyin15:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
Dint get any other msg apart from the thank u sent in response to my earlier reply to u

bigfido:
eh ma, thanks for the other day. i replied your mail but no response. could you look through? thank you so much!

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.