Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894075 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by missusadey: 9:51am On Aug 24, 2015
Hello people. A quick one pls...i got my visa before i got pregnant and found out about this thread and I've used it once. The issue is that when i was filling my form and asked if i have a relative in the us,i said no though my bro is there but i didn't have his address at the time and i was in a hurry to submit so i could get an appointment ontime. I'm planning to stay with him for the birth of my baby and i noticed on d thread that they ask pple if they have relatives there. Should i stick to my story and ppbly book an extensive stay for a week or admit i intend to stay with my bro.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 10:07am On Aug 24, 2015
greetings.

i dont think that should be an issue..
you may/may not have known and/r have his contact at the time.
you already have a visa and even used it once..
all you need do now is send a letter of intent to the embassy, establish communication with an hospital of your choice, connect with your relative if he is the one hosting you for the period (be reminded that you might have to be limited to hospitals around his vicinity wch may not sync well with your budget).
gud luck with your endeavours and you may wish to read the thread for further information which will come in handy with your research.

best regards.

missusadey:
Hello people. A quick one pls...i got my visa before i got pregnant and found out about this thread and I've used it once. The issue is that when i was filling my form and asked if i have a relative in the us,i said no though my bro is there but i didn't have his address at the time and i was in a hurry to submit so i could get an appointment ontime. I'm planning to stay with him for the birth of my baby and i noticed on d thread that they ask pple if they have relatives there. Should i stick to my story and ppbly book an extensive stay for a week or admit i intend to stay with my bro.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by missusadey: 10:18am On Aug 24, 2015
Thanks olokings for the swift response...I've actually been following this thread since March and I've read both part 1 n 2. Intending to use northside as my bro stays close to the hospital. I've also sent change of intent letter and got d regular response. I was just worried as the most insignificant thing can lead to bouncing at the POE.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 10:23am On Aug 24, 2015
It all depends on the POE and your preparation...
all in all, just be armed and ready.

missusadey:
Thanks olokings for the swift response...I've actually been following this thread since March and I've read both part 1 n 2. Intending to use northside as my bro stays close to the hospital. I've also sent change of intent letter and got d regular response. I was just worried as the most insignificant thing can lead to bouncing at the POE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bigfido: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2015
Our God pass them.. We the good ones will pay.. Make 10 copies of zero balance and staple it on LO's head if need be. LOOL

modath:

You are not as shocked as i who experience the living nightmare of my stuff scattered on the floor at the entrance of an international flight...

Two things still keeps bogging my mind...

1... I was probably flagged on my way in & immediately airline checked me in, a signal was sent (we all know, US intel knows all goings & comings) & they sprung into action.... TSA sef was only interested in me cos i had eeady to feed enfamil (liquid) in my bag & asked to see what it is...

2. The custom guys were really hopeful that they were gonna catch me napping (incriminating) but GOD pass them cos if i hadn't had my docs in my hand luggage, i would have missed that flight as airline wouldn't have waited for me & the stress of having to return for the next day's flight with an infant is better imagined..

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2015
neks31:

Yes I am
Have you looked at any hospital or have any information. A friend who gave birth last year reconmended Grady or Northside but they never answer their phones or respond to Email. for Maryland i got a quote from Shady Groove but i think its on the high side normal delivery is 8-12k USD for Mum and Baby is 2-4k USD.

please let me know if you have any information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2015
missusadey:
You just have to stick to your old story. You can't fill "no relative " in your form and when asked at the POE you then say you have a relative and plan to stay with him. That's contradictory. I advise you book a hotel for the length of time you intend to stay and get all hospital and doctors documents in the state your bro stays and make sure you don't have anything that will link you to your bro if they decide to search your bag or phone, den after POE you can port to your bros house. If you decide to confess, then you should start by writing to the embassy here to know what there response will be.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by julzz(f): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
Hello all,in the spirit of giving back. I had my interview today with my husband in Abuja by 7:30, meanwhile there this v.o in cubicle 9 that was just dishing out green papers after plenty scrutinising questions, anyway my prayers worked she wasn't the one to interview me. my interview went like this

VO- good morning
US- good morning
VO- what are you going to the u.s for?
Hubby- Vacation and my wife is going to have a baby.
VO- oh! that's ok, have contacted a dr?
US- Yes, hands over dr's correspondence (he went true all 28 pages)
VO- it's gonna cost you a lot what do you do sir and my hubby answered?
Hubby- I'm into bleep(and he explained)
VO- (turns to me) what do you ma'am?
ME- I'm currently unemployed,i quit work in June cos of my health but I sell female clothes on a small scale.
VO- is this your first pregnancy?
US- Yes
VO- Congratulations (types for some time)your visa will be ready for pickup before d week runs out
US- thank you grin grin grin

All after my burden of proof + my hubby,nothing was requested not even acct statement. My husband passport is Virgin, while I've been to dubai twice but that dint really matter, it was all God's favour, wish those about to be interviewed luck. This thread have been very helpful, Thanks y'all.

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
feddy27:

Sugarland to west houston medical centre is not some minutes away o... Those using West Houston, it will be advised to look out for accomodation around the Westchase area. Sugarland is closer to Oakbend .

I agree ...me self dey wonder...Sugar Land is at least a 15-20 min drive to Houston, on the freeway sef.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by veleta: 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2015
Please house,this thread has been very informative.I just stumbled on it.the information here has been invaluable.
I applied for tourist visa buh was denied, I used a cousin' s address in Maryland but this time around, I intend to deliver in Houston and rent an apartment there.
In the column for[ whether I have a relative in the US] what would be my response since I had filled yes before.
Thanks, awaiting your response
Firsttymum, Olokings, Phema, et al, u guys are doing great job here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yesmum: 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
missusadey:

I think you should stick to ur original story of not knowing anyone. Don't know how it works in the US but I have heard of pple been sent back at the UK poe for the same thing, though it depends on ur poe. So its better to stick to one story. Book an accommodation for 1 week to use at d poe

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lollyberry: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
@julzz

Congratulations on your success story

all of us that are still waiting for interview will have sweet story to tell too In Jesus Name

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by worry359(m): 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2015
veleta:
Please house,this thread has been very informative.I just stumbled on it.the information here has been invaluable.
I applied for tourist visa buh was denied, I used a cousin' s address in Maryland but this time around, I intend to deliver in Houston and rent an apartment there.
In the column for[ whether I have a relative in the US] what would be my response since I had filled yes before.

Unless you want to get banned for fraud the only thing you can put is yes.
They have your record on computer, if you lie or change the story now then bad wahalla!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2015
veleta:
Continue with the "YES" you filled in your previous form when asked if you have relative, then you may wish to change contact address to your intended houston address and doctor.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by worry359(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2015
missusadey:

You may be asked at POE to show or say where you are staying.
If you say with your brother after stating no relatives that will be seen as fraud and you will be sent home!
You are in risky waters and you need to get your plans straight.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sarilo4lif: 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
[quote author=kiboe post=37270507][/quote]

Yet to decide oh.... Considering Canada as first option and Texas as second

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by missusadey: 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2015
ozycy:

You just have to stick to your old story. You can't fill "no relative " in your form and when asked at the POE you then say you have a relative and plan to stay with him. That's contradictory. I advise you book a hotel for the length of time you intend to stay and get all hospital and doctors documents in the state your bro stays and make sure you don't have anything that will link you to your bro if they decide to search your bag or phone, den after POE you can port to your bros house. If you decide to confess, then you should start by writing to the embassy here to know what there response will be.

Thanks ozycy...i guess I'd just have to stick to my story
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by missusadey: 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2015
yesmum:

I think you should stick to ur original story of not knowing anyone. Don't know how it works in the US but I have heard of pple been sent back at the UK poe for the same thing, though it depends on ur poe. So its better to stick to one story. Book an accommodation for 1 week to use at d poe

Thanks yesmum. I'd do just that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by missusadey: 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2015
worry359:

You may be asked at POE to show or say where you are staying.
If you say with your brother after stating no relatives that will be seen as fraud and you will be sent home!
You are in risky waters and you need to get your plans straight.

I didn't know it would turn out to be a big issue afterall embarassed. I will book an accommodation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DoVee(f): 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
Pls share the info wt me via my email : adapoolanitori@gmail.com, will appreciate

Udumeme:
For all Mama's in the house looking for decent accommodation in the Sugar land area, Houston TX
I'm staying in a house at Matagorda, Sugar land. It's minutes away from West Houston Medical Centre where I'm going to have my baby. There are shops all around so I know my shopping for baby is sure to be a breeze. The lodging aside, I've been provided other services, for instance I am driven to my Dr's appointment and back again. This saves me the (insane) cost of hiring a taxi. [/b]While this is in no way an advert,[b] this info might prove useful for NL mamas on the forum who are in need of available rooms. Feel free to PM me for more info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2015
bigfido:
Our God pass them.. We the good ones will pay.. Make 10 copies of zero balance and staple it on LO's head if need be. LOOL

grin cheesy... Make party hat if need be...

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2015
modath:

Print banner too sef. Jst start flying it frm check in

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:36pm On Aug 24, 2015
Veleta
Missusadey

Stick to ur original story... What ever ur story is to the VO or filling ur form is same story u will tell at the POE.

Erm when the VO ask if circumstances have changed I think its majorly ur finances and ties... I stand corrected.
Some info are very critical. That's why we r asked to always tell the truth.

Imagine changing ur mind about the state u wanna visit ( which is ur right) can b an issue at times. The system is strict

Congratulations Udumeme and Julzz

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2015
modath:

nefertitiram:

Print banner too sef. Jst start flying it frm check in
hahhahahahhahhahaha as in en

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 12:03am On Aug 25, 2015
Dis thread is just dry these days sad . No POE gist, delivery experiences, new doctors and hospital discovery, old doctors and hospital experience, accomodation etchetaram etchetaram. Every body don dey solo cry abeg make una come out begin talk make we dey learn as we are waiting for our turn to travel. #joblessnessalert# Ok bye

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 1:11am On Aug 25, 2015
Hello Houston mamas, pls any one with Spring of Joy living accommodation experience? I am really torn bw that and soulcare, but soul care package that makes sense to me is that of 1450 but does not take care of my transportation to my hospital due to distance. I am scared of making wrong choice. Pls Houston mamas helpppppppppp!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 2:37am On Aug 25, 2015
Hello mummies and daddies
I will post full details soon.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by duntano: 6:10am On Aug 25, 2015
A payment plan for 5 years is too long a time. Renewing your visa isn't your problem. Its going back to the states within that period of the payment plan. Please try to reduce the plan to atmost 18months. 5years is tooo long. Your visa may get renewed but you may not be allowed into the states without a zero balance.
Hope this helps.
Olaideodes:
Hello mummies and daddies,
Please I need to confirm if any one has been on a payment plan and he or she visa was renewed before the payment tenor elapses I am currently about to sign a payment plan that will run for 5 years and my visa expires next year Nov.Please Biko people help me with this infor I need to know if the plan will not affect my Visa renewal.
Also please I beg anyone that thinks you have someone to stay with,please do your research well as my case is a big eye opener.North Carolina is a No no no very very expensive please my people go somewhere else.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uchetobi(f): 7:17am On Aug 25, 2015
Olaideodes:
Hello mummies and daddies,
Please I need to confirm if any one has been on a payment plan and he or she visa was renewed before the payment tenor elapses I am currently about to sign a payment plan that will run for 5 years and my visa expires next year Nov.Please Biko people help me with this infor I need to know if the plan will not affect my Visa renewal.
Also please I beg anyone that thinks you have someone to stay with,please do your research well as my case is a big eye opener.North Carolina is a No no no very very expensive please my people go somewhere else.
Thanks

Yes. My friend had a payment plan when she went to give birth at New Jersey. She was still paying when she got her visa renewed for her second baby (no Dropbox) I'm talking of 2011 here

Although she dint admit to still owing, her bill was so high. She had c section and her baby went to nicu. The bill she had paid was large enough to pass as her total bill.

Don't be discouraged, at least you are not taking insurance which Is even the easiest (but wrong way out). I'm sure you can still renew whenever you want to

Not being let into the uS with zero balance is wrong info. Not every hospital / dr gives zero balance even after all debt has been paid

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DaiCom(m): 9:08am On Aug 25, 2015
MamaTobenna:
It's been awhile since I came on here after my missionary journey to California. How una dey, I can see the thread is lively as usual. Baby is 5 months already. Wishing all mums to be safe delivery

Good day Madam and congratulations to you and the family please I have been looking some one who went to Los Angeles to give birth because me and my husband I am planning of to Los Angeles to give birth but the former hospital I wanted to use send me another new email yesterday telling me of another different cost up to $7000 different from the $4500 so because of that I checked this treads and I meet your post please for God sake I need your help. So that I can make mine plans very well with Dr Wbagwus
Please. This is my email address ( omodave24@gmail.com ) please my schedule flights is 20th Sept 2015 my email is omodave24@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 9:51am On Aug 25, 2015
I beg to differ dear. I don't think d time frame really matters here. What matters is that she doesn't default in her payment. Adhere to d payment plan religiously and once they see that, the chances of going tru is very very high. #myopinionthough#

duntano:
A payment plan for 5 years is too long a time. Renewing your visa isn't your problem. Its going back to the states within that period of the payment plan. Please try to reduce the plan to atmost 18months. 5years is tooo long. Your visa may get renewed but you may not be allowed into the states without a zero balance.
Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2015
pls off topic question:

Has anyone gone to DHL at Muri Okunola recently?

Do you know it one can take passport photograph there? A friend wants to go for Dropbox asap and needs the US standard passport photograph...

Thanks house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.