Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,923 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894270 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
BABSFREY:
@Nogen,

Congratulations on your triple joy. An accomplishment very well deserved.
I note from your submissions that you stayed at his grace lodge in El Paso. How was their service, distance to the major hospitals and what freebies can one hope to get from them. Also, what doctor and hospital did you use?
Thank you.

Inbox me pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 4:38pm On Sep 05, 2015
BABSFREY:

It is often a case of penny wise pound foolish. I have got similar issue. My potential host stays in NY, and really keen on having us, but the aggregate NY cost does not look good. It is better to pay for accommodation in faraway south, plus the freedom that comes with it, while managing to keep aggregate cost even lower.

You are right. Often but not always. Mine isn't. I'm paying about the same bill I would have paid if I had gone to Houston so I figured, why bother? Plus then again I didn't want to have to worry about the nightmare of Houston POE and I thought worst case scenario I will get a place of my own as planned.

You don't really envisage these things especially when it's the same people who you accomodated in your home in England and provided for when they had no where else to go for about 6 months. Or is England not the same "abroad"? Hence my advice in my post sometime ago not to microbudget and to always have emergency funds cos you just never know how things will play out. Imagine if I didn't, se bi I would have had to put up with the BS or be out in the streets by now Olorun ma je!

You can't totally fault these hosts sha. It's not easy having people in your house with all the 'gbese' here and there plus it's not as if life is exactly easy in this their America sef. So we live and we learn and in all things we give thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by koko83: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
Is brookyln hospital center not a birthing center? Co's I heard God forbid any complications, you pay more for their doctors as it is midwives that does delivery te author=OsyCollins post=37702718]

Ok, thanks. My wife is using Brooklyn Hospital Centre as it's about 5 minutes walk from my sister's place.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by stevoche(m): 5:56pm On Sep 05, 2015
Goodday People,

I have learned so much from all the posts. Took me a while to read through but i am glad to be here. My wife is due in January and we have decided to use the West Houston Hospital. But my challenge is paying the doctor and Hospital for their services from Nigeria. I dont want her travelling with so much cash. Please what bank card can allow charges of at least $5k. Please the experienced people in the house should help me out. Our appointment date is for October 13th and she is billed to travel a month after. Kindly advice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Apple19: 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2015
Phema:

You might have to try voodoo. tongue grin

Fill the name as it is on your passport. They will ask if you have ever been known by any other name; you fill in your married name there. Don't worry about hubby being your sponsor. Nothing spoil.

grin ....lol @Using voodoo. Thanks for your response ma'am. Will do justice to that.

Pls stiil expecting WHMC (West Houston's contacts ooooo.)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Apple19: 8:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
Also, Mamas that used Intown Suite for one month, how much did you pay? Any discount on your payment? I intend paying for one month, and as per their services, is it still included in the monthly payment? Pls kindly respond, as its still the only thing delaying myform.

Thanks in Anticipation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
Apple19:
Also, Mamas that used Intown Suite for one month, how much did you pay? Any discount on your payment? I intend paying for one month, and as per their services, is it still included in the monthly payment? Pls kindly respond, as its still the only thing delaying myform.

Thanks in Anticipation
check last page or 2 pages away .... Someone posted how much she was charged.
Besides just book u pay on arrival

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:54pm On Sep 05, 2015
stevoche:
Goodday People,

I have learned so much from all the posts. Took me a while to read through but i am glad to be here. My wife is due in January and we have decided to use the West Houston Hospital. But my challenge is paying the doctor and Hospital for their services from Nigeria. I dont want her travelling with so much cash. Please what bank card can allow charges of at least $5k. Please the experienced people in the house should help me out. Our appointment date is for October 13th and she is billed to travel a month after. Kindly advice.

I think u shld Wait till u get the Visa first.

Then she can travel with whatever and then open an account when she gets to the states.

But if u insist on paying before she goes, then there's something they do in the bank where u can fill a form and they pay the dollar equivalent on ur behalf. Consult ur account officer
Besides I actually posted something about this and some other person talked about how she went about paying before she travelled.

Another option is to leave the naira equivalent in her account and she pays via pos when she travels or rather she pays with the cash with her and shop with her card .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:55pm On Sep 05, 2015
Nasadiva:

Have you tried SOJ? What's ur take?
I cldnt get the correct link so I just fashed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 9:11pm On Sep 05, 2015
What I'm seeing is, you are asking for a way to make full payment upfront against first visit/appointment, upfront against visa approvals. ...
Hmmmm that's coming off as pretty desperate don't you think? !...

Or is there further advice yo need?

stevoche:
Goodday People,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
Apple19:
Hello mamas, PLS am here with something else O. My International Passport bares my
Maiden name, cos I did it when I was single,now am Married and need to submit DS-160. Pls, will I fill the name on the passport? And if not, how do I make dh's surname appear on my form, cos he's my sole sponsor for this trip O.

Note; I've done change of name both in court and Newspaper. Pls guide me.

This has been covered before.

Enter your maiden name (as is in your passport).

In the form there is a section that asks you to include any other names that you have borne. There you can enter your new surname.

Naturally your husband's name will show up on the form as 1) your sponsor, as you have said,, and 2) As your husband.

Once again, I would implore you to read through the thread, for your own benefit.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
If u like pay complete hospital bill if they won't grant u visa they won't.... And even if they give u the visa if cbp official no gree u enter, there's nothing u can do about it

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 11:07pm On Sep 05, 2015
Good evening everyone,please can anyone update me as to Whot food stuff,i can travel wth and the ones they won't allow me take it.please ur response will be appreciated.God bless u all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shanaka29: 11:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
Hi everyone,

did anyone use Doctores Parati at el paso recently ?
Can you give me any feed back ? Their package is 6900$ for a c-section, any hidden cost to be aware of ?
What about the quality of their facilities ?
Last question, can you give me tips on a good and cheap accomodation close to the clinic ?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Babytofeb(m): 12:17am On Sep 06, 2015
Good afternoon, I have planned to give birth in February next year in the city of Atlanta and appreciate your help in relation to which I recommend hospitals inexpensive Atlanta ranging from US $ 6,000.00 to US $ 8,000.00, as well as know how much was the total cost of the bills, pediatricians, medical tests, everything. Thanks in advance to anyone who can share their expediriencia.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 12:46am On Sep 06, 2015
No hidden cost with them, you will likely pay for test, scan and lab work for you and the baby in addition to that quote.

Accomodation options are ramada, in town suites, his grace lodge.

All the best.

shanaka29:
Hi everyone,

did anyone use Doctores Parati at el paso recently ?
Can you give me any feed back ? Their package is 6900$ for a c-section, any hidden cost to be aware of ?
What about the quality of their facilities ?
Last question, can you give me tips on a good and cheap accomodation close to the clinic ?

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 12:48am On Sep 06, 2015
Northside, Emory and Piedmont. Google and email then for quotes and doctors attached to them.

Babytofeb:
Good afternoon, I have planned to give birth in February next year in the city of Atlanta and appreciate your help in relation to which I recommend hospitals inexpensive Atlanta ranging from US $ 6,000.00 to US $ 8,000.00, as well as know how much was the total cost of the bills, pediatricians, medical tests, everything. Thanks in advance to anyone who can share their expediriencia.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 06, 2015
glassy2606:
Good evening everyone,please can anyone update me as to Whot food stuff,i can travel wth and the ones they won't allow me take it.please ur response will be appreciated.God bless u all

Everything except palm oil and meat products.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 8:14am On Sep 06, 2015
Sister, Google is your friend wink

Apple19:

grin ....lol @Using voodoo. Thanks for your response ma'am. Will do justice to that.

Pls stiil expecting WHMC (West Houston's contacts ooooo.)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uchetobi(f): 9:34am On Sep 06, 2015
ozycy:

Chai this woman eh, I gbadu your style ooo, but you can give me the info so I will go and test the water and confirm before your arrival grin. I think you were one of d first that discovered oakbend and now it's hot cake
here. Shud I pm you for the info?

grin

Don't worry, as soon as it's confirmed I will buzz u. When are u traveling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fizzywah(m): 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
uptown17:
firstymum i am looking at btw $850 - $1100 pr month
i had checked fizzywah's link before now. its 1hr + journey to oakbend

Hi uptown, the link I posted was for the Northwest Houston Area 77060 close to the Hospital we used. For oakbend you should be looking at 77469.

Give them a call and let me know. They may accept 3 month leases.
@Firsttymum how far?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fizzywah(m): 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
Apple19:

Good to see Oakbend ppl. Pls am still not able to get an accommodation O. The Intown Suite I got is about 5hrs apart. Really confused. I need and accommodation both close to the Docs office and hospital so I can fill and submit my application form.

Always google for accommodation using the zipcode of your intended hospital as Houston is a big city. For Oakbend use 77469. So google for Intown suites near that zipcode.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fizzywah(m): 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
Seen a couple of posts about issues with hosts in the US. To avoid being embarrassed, or like someone said spiralling into depression just plan yaself. These guys here no get time. Unless that person is your blood ( literally or otherwise) nwanne look for the cheapest of accomodations and enjoy whatever time u plan to stay there.
For transportation if you are there with someone that can drive hiring cars at the weekends is extra cheap ( about $10 a day check enterprise) to do bulk shopping or go hanging out or whatever but if your accomodation happens to be near the hospital then Uber isn't bad too at least we used them twice.
It's really not easy for some people accommodating preggiessomeone for 3 months so take the sane option. I know the costs can be crazy but then the regret after being messed with no too sweet.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fizzywah(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
Apple19:
Hello mamas, PLS am here with something else O. My International Passport bares my
Maiden name, cos I did it when I was single,now am Married and need to submit DS-160. Pls, will I fill the name on the passport? And if not, how do I make dh's surname appear on my form, cos he's my sole sponsor for this trip O.

Note; I've done change of name both in court and Newspaper. Pls guide me.

I think for this you should speak to @Oresmum she'll clear it up for you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by BABSFREY: 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
Nogen:

Inbox me pls.
Thank you Nogen. I just did. I am hoping to hear from you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SWEETMAMA2015: 4:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
pls which one is this one u pple are sayin both soulc is same amouth?
There price is the same with soulc and almost same services rendered. Guess pple haven't come up with so much review from there. Dunno why pple ain't coming up with review from there unlike soulc[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SWEETMAMA2015: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
pls people IS DC good to go for delivery?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by morganchimex: 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
MY DEAR, PLS CAN U SHARE ANY QUOTE FROM Dr. Adaiah Ezekiel? I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE THIS.
Nasadiva:

My next appointment is Wednesday. I know two pple that have used her and they had all positive things to say. She is not so young and will make you feel at home. My accommodation is very close to her and the hospital so I kinda feel safe. PM me for a hint.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Airpure(f): 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
Whoa been ages since I last peeped in on this Site.I got a lot of info I used when I went to have my baby.

OK peeps a friend of mine in Richmond Houston (few mins from Oakbend, west Houston and Methodist ) has a room to let out at an affordable price.

She lives alone with her kid so offering a nice homely environment.

Send me an email via airpure23@Gmail.Com if u interested

Moderator , don't know if this is allowed if not pls let me know the best way to send out this info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
fizzywah this your accomodation is tempting o. i can port to 770660 if the total bill is not bad
apartments i have seen around oakbend 77469 aint doing less than 4months lease. most are 7months minimum
oya please give a break down of hospital & doctor fees. you can save the heads of many mums here
we look forward to reading frm you OR you prefer PM?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 8:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
morganchimex:
MY DEAR, PLS CAN U SHARE ANY QUOTE FROM Dr. Adaiah Ezekiel? I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE THIS.

Replied your PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 8:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
Another alternative is to stay in private accommodation close to your host for the period before the delivery.

After the delivery of baby you can then port to your hosts's place - as will probably need more hands and help after baby comes.

You can also use their address for all correspondence as you want a place that they will help keep your mails safe even after you leave for Naija.

This way you cut some costs without over burdening your host with the whole stay (over 8 weeks).

Let's put ourselves in the host's shoes.

Even me, if someone was in my house for 8 weeks, I'm sure small friction will enter the equation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.