Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,476 members, 7,843,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (897734 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OsyCollins(m): 2:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
Oyin15:
Hello beautiful people, I got into the US on Sunday via JFK with my 3year old. POE was hassle free. I was asked my purpose and I told them vacation and childbirth. He asked how much I had on me and I told him.It was below $10000 so I wasn't to declare. All he said was congratulations and make sure you pay your bills. Sent to agriculture but my bag wasn't checked and I was free to go. Glory to God. Now waiting for my 1st appointment. Thanks a lot for all the help and info

Congrats Oyin,
which hospital are you using?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
Thanks alot
Called intown suites (the Katy on highway 6) the manager quoted $1500+ for 5weeks. (Not mega bad) but I will Google studios
Thanks oooo
firsttymum:

Intown and soulcare is ur best bet for that price... Intown has discount if u r paying for a couple of weeks at once... But erm ensure its the "monthly plus rate" accommodation.
Then U can keep googling studio apartments in ur location ... U might find.. I know people here used this option in d past ...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yesmum: 2:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=Cuteaidomo post=37662323]Please oh,,, I am still on the search for jan/February mamas going to Dallas...

Majority dont, dey will even tell you dey cant send you the quote via email only via fax. Also note majority reject pregnancy above 30 weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
[
Pls can I get his email addy! Thanks

quote author=firsttymum post=37651733]
I'm gonna b glued to u... Lol[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yesmum: 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
dyout:
Getting correspondence from other doctor in Houston is the best alternative. If ask at POE tell them you want to cool off in Dallas for a while before porting Houston. I don't think there will be a problem. My Opinion tho....

dt should not be a problem. I used correspondence from houston and am using a hospital in dallas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
Finally got PTA from Access bank Maitama branch after Zenith bank disappointed me.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
firsttymum:
Popri U didn't mention my name .... sad

Yeeepeeee congratulations ... Wish u a successful stay dear

Ha! I typed ur name o, for some strange reason, I deleted it mistakingly while editing, my bad!
You are always on point o, thanks for your selflessness, was surprised to know u were a Dr and had so much time to research like that, weldone...
I'm ur colleague, not currently working tho, but mehn, my level of info not even close to yours, kudos!

May Gods favour be your backbone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
dtush:

Oakbend. Dr Adaiah Ezekiel

Settled for same. First appointment was great and I think I like the choice I made.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dtush(f): 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nasadiva:

Settled for same. First appointment was great and I think I like the choice I made.

My first appointment is next week Tuesday. I spoke to her yday n she said her office will be closed today n monday. Glad i chose her den cos I was a little bit skeptical since I didn't know anyone else using her
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dtush(f): 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
LME2614:
Hello NL, please help my situation. Trying to book hotel/accommodation for visa and POE Waka for sugar land Houston, for Hampton inn and suites my bill is over $10,000 please anyone got better option for hotel booking for 10 weeks that I can present at embassy.
Thanks

Check out scottish inn and suites stafford.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 2:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
nope.. that shouldnt be an issue..

houston - dallas is a drivable distance ergo u can easily port over when its time for ur deliver...

dallas is a nice vacation spot.. so its logical for you to wanna POE there before heading to houston for childbirth..

my logical perspective though.

Cuteaidomo:
@ olokings and dyout thanks a lot. Olokings I have mailed them,waiting for a response. As plan b,am thinking of using a dr in Houston for correspondence sake. Will there be a problem @Poe if I use a Houston doctor? Considering the fact that I will be landing at Dallas? Kindly let me know pls. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
LME2614:
Hello NL, please help my situation. Trying to book hotel/accommodation for visa and POE Waka for sugar land Houston, for Hampton inn and suites my bill is over $10,000 please anyone got better option for hotel booking for 10 weeks that I can present at embassy.
Thanks

Contact spring of joy, they are less five minutes to sugarland. Very comfortable accommodation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
dtush:

My first appointment is next week Tuesday. I spoke to her yday n she said her office will be closed today n monday. Glad i chose her den cos I was a little bit skeptical since I didn't know anyone else using her

My next appointment is Wednesday. I know two pple that have used her and they had all positive things to say. She is not so young and will make you feel at home. My accommodation is very close to her and the hospital so I kinda feel safe. PM me for a hint.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
Congratulations Popri! Safe delivery. kiss

Shawlar, i sight you. wink

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
uptown17:
Thanks alot
Called intown suites (the Katy on highway 6) the manager quoted $1500+ for 5weeks. (Not mega bad) but I will Google studios
Thanks oooo
na wa o! That's 300 dols per week. I thought it's Supposed to b cheaper
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nasadiva:

My next appointment is Wednesday. I know two pple that have used her and they had all positive things to say. She is not so young and will make you feel at home. My accommodation is very close to her and the hospital so I kinda feel safe. PM me for a hint.
I like what I'm reading ... I intend to use her too... She accepts patients on at arrival abi?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
neks31:
[
Pls can I get his email addy! Thanks

quote author=firsttymum post=37651733]
I'm gonna b glued to u... Lol

Erm who?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
dyout:
hahaha cheesy..... you be stand up comedian. finally na true

if only I wld b paid as a stand up comedian.... sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
shawlar:

Amelica...?? Not yet oh, should go & meet wifey soon but I never even buy ticket yet...
I meant back to the forum..., took a hiatus to enjoy my re-bachelorhood grin grin
Its now time to prep 4 fatherhood...

lolz, I still can't forget that person that termed it "corner - kick" preek.... - hahahaha, had me in tears
In future, your LO's wife would just be vexing for you; you won't knw its cos u gave him oyinbo style... cheesy cheesy
hahhahhaha @re bachelorhood.... Tickets ain't smiling o...
Me too corner preek got me rolling....
My daughter will be satisfied .. Hahahahahah wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
Pls, how much is there PTA rate?

ozycy:
Finally got PTA from Access bank Maitama branch after Zenith bank disappointed me.

Don't worry continue you will be contacted soon.. smiley

firsttymum:
if only I wld b paid as a stand up comedian.... sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
Popri:

Ha! I typed ur name o, for some strange reason, I deleted it mistakingly while editing, my bad!
You are always on point o, thanks for your selflessness, was surprised to know u were a Dr and had so much time to research like that, weldone...
I'm ur colleague, not currently working tho, but mehn, my level of info not even close to yours, kudos!
May Gods favour be your backbone

Pops collar thanks jare.... My head is swelling mwuah mwuah mwuah

Nice to meet read you my colleague

Amen and you too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
firsttymum:
I like what I'm reading ... I intend to use her too... She accepts patients on at arrival abi?

Yep. Wanted to use Northwest but the distance when I went for first appointment made me to make a quick U turn.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LME2614: 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
Thanks @ nadasita and @dtuns.
So I called intown suites and got a weekly bill of 366 becaus the only book weekly.
Please is this enough for visa application and POE?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
dyout:
Pls, how much is there PTA rate?
199.5 with service charge of #8,379

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by algfred(m): 4:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
@oyin nice, ma wife is also attending the antinatal classes una fit meet by chance shaa, welcome to the Mercy Medical Team, lolll but she takes about 2 hours getti g there on her appointment days from bronx. Have fun ....
Oyin15:
Thanks for your reply people. God bless. Yes I'm in New York. Intend using Mercy Medical Centre. Got info frm ewa 2015. Bless her as wyckoff is about 50 mins from my aunt. Waiting for my appointment

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Cuteaidomo: 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
@dyout pls which doctor and hospital are u using in Dallas? Do they accept patients on arrival?pls help a sister abeg. And how far gone will I be b4 dey accept me? Cos dis talks about rejection after 30 weeks. Pls u could email the info to me on ese4us@yahoo.com. God bless ur soul dear,hoping to hear FRM u soon.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
I changed my mind mid-way. I will send you an email of doctors and hospitals i contacted earlier.

Cuteaidomo:
@dyout pls which doctor and hospital are u using in Dallas? Do they accept patients on arrival?pls help a sister abeg. And how far gone will I be b4 dey accept me? Cos dis talks about rejection after 30 weeks. Pls u could email the info to me on ese4us@yahoo.com. God bless ur soul dear,hoping to hear FRM u soon.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by koko83: 5:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
Zenith bank Oregun branch lagos is selling pta ooooo.@ 199.50 uote author=ozycy post=37666040]Finally got PTA from Access bank Maitama branch after Zenith bank disappointed me. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by koko83: 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
Aww kk! But I think you should be fine going with your son for the appointment.
algfred:
@oyin nice, ma wife is also attending the antinatal classes una fit meet by chance shaa, welcome to the Mercy Medical Team, lolll but she takes about 2 hours getti g there on her appointment days from bronx. Have fun ....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 5:20pm On Sep 04, 2015
koko83:
Zenith bank Oregun branch lagos is selling pta ooooo.@ 199.50 uote author=ozycy post=37666040]Finally got PTA from Access bank Maitama branch after Zenith bank disappointed me.
Am talking about Abuja not Lag. They ain't selling in Abj
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jayjay4lyf: 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
Okkkk I see thanx[
quote author=shawlar post=37664520]

Naija ATMs and their outrageous exchange rates & charges.. No way...!!!

You are better off with just cash but not everybody is comfortable carrying so much cash around or keeping @ home. Hence the bank acct.
Also to avoid the stares/looks from d store attendants when u spend so much in cash while shopping - U knw that their society is not cash based like ours [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2015
firsttymum:
Make una remain space for me ooo, I intend to use her too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.