Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892799 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 7:07am On Sep 10, 2015
olokings:
Congrats @Terese69 don born her amelican plincess eeeh...
Congrats to a strong babe woman.
Party rice and stew very plenty. ...
Where my maps! Locate and nav me to her joint. .
Give my boundless luv to the lil pretty one n daughter inlaw whilst looking forward to discounted bride price wink cool

Hmmm... Olokings, it looks like we will have to revisit that discounted bride price matter again o! On a second thought, this my babe is way too fresh o so your money go plenty small but I trust you are up to the task.... lol

Thanks everyone. I'm grateful.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 7:14am On Sep 10, 2015
Lol @ firsttymum, really?

firsttymum:
wink thought cheeky means those kids who ate chocolate for a living lol.. Don't mind me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 10, 2015
Zedaii:
Hello Phema, thanks.
I actually had 2 people call them (my husband inclusive) in Lagos. They called to find out how much before going to pay for it at their office and they were told that we could only do it from here (US).

I think they should go there (their airport branch) and not call. Some of these customer care staff don't know much, but when they see you, they try as much as possible to sort you out.

They should just say they want to buy infant return ticket and it will be linked to yours.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 7:36am On Sep 10, 2015
Oh my!!! shocked

Nasadiva:
Yea I promise to give an update on Dr Ezekiel price. But b4 I do that make I throw *vexation* on 9ja doctors. All my scan I did in 9ja by two diff Drs indicated I am expecting a baby girl, I am done shopping for my girl as a sharp mum. When the issue of corner kick prick came up I laughed and looked the other way as it was none of my biz, and all of a sudden I saw my doctor today for my scan WOLAAAA, she said "that's a very big ball". It didn't mk sense to me at first until she asked do you have a name for him already, and i said for her u mean? She looked up and asked do u think u are expecting a girl? I replied that's what all my scan said. She flipped through my file for the scan I came with and laughed out loud. She turned the scan monitor and showed me what looks obviously like balls and prick!
Who do I believe? Can we go back and discuss that corner kick prick again grin grin shocked : shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 7:40am On Sep 10, 2015
Oh my!!! shocked
In other news, how was Dr Ezekiel? Is the hype of her services on point, and what's her pricing like, and do you have a total package for both hospital, Dr, ped, labs... Etc

Sorry for the 20.20 questions, I'm currently enroute Houston and I'm still in the process of deciding whether to switch from Methodist to oakbend

Nasadiva:
Yea I promise to give an update on Dr Ezekiel price. But b4 I do that make I throw *vexation* on 9ja doctors. All my scan I did in 9ja by two diff Drs indicated I am expecting a baby girl, I am done shopping for my girl as a sharp mum. When the issue of corner kick prick came up I laughed and looked the other way as it was none of my biz, and all of a sudden I saw my doctor today for my scan WOLAAAA, she said "that's a very big ball". It didn't mk sense to me at first until she asked do you have a name for him already, and i said for her u mean? She looked up and asked do u think u are expecting a girl? I replied that's what all my scan said. She flipped through my file for the scan I came with and laughed out loud. She turned the scan monitor and showed me what looks obviously like balls and prick!
Who do I believe? Can we go back and discuss that corner kick prick again grin grin shocked : shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 10, 2015
please any body using dr michael amaro and west houston medical centre here.any april mum
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favouredmum: 8:00am On Sep 10, 2015
In other news, how was Dr Ezekiel? Is the hype of her services on point, and what's her pricing like, and do you have a total package for both hospital, Dr, ped, labs... Etc

Sorry for the 20.20 questions, I'm currently enroute Houston and I'm still in the process of deciding whether to switch from Methodist to oakbend

Oakbend doesn't have a total package. One is billed separately by each physician.
Trust me, you would love doctor ezekiel. I was charged 1900 for VD (scan inclusive) and she charged sumone I know 2500 for CS. As for tests, she wld accept all ur blood work from Nigeria but u wld do jst a few over dere which cost $120. Also ensure you do a HIV test in naija in ur 3rd trimester b4 leaving naija. Dat wld save u some extra cost.
As for the pediatrician and blood work after birth, you would be charged separately which shd cost abt $336 and $155 respectively for no complications. Hope I have been able to answer ur questions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 10, 2015
@blackedwin ok dear added you on whatsapp already
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 8:52am On Sep 10, 2015
firsttymum:
ahahhahahhaha chai na so I don turn encyclopedia o.... Grandpa tongue tongue

Oh boy United isn't smiling o... This one en, u r on ur own.

@firsttymum So after all the hype wey I don hype u... U can not solve simple ticket-price problem grin
seems like I'll have to withdraw my encyclopedia tag smiley

@Nasadiva, I hope u r not going to dress your boy in cute pink onesies & all - lolz
But come to think of it, r u sure that they are not two in there, as in 1boy & 1 girl...?? grin cheesy

@Terese69, congrats on the birth of ur LO.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bachangel: 9:09am On Sep 10, 2015
Nwunyeebuka:

By right corpers are not to leave the country until u finish serving ur father land.

I'm sorry, but I got a UK visa, during NYSC and travellled for my Grads....the fact I was a corper did not come up as an issue at the Embassy, even though I submitted my NYSC and office permission letters to go for 3 weeks. If you search the entire visa rules, of UK or US Consulates, u will not find a single rule stopping NYSC students, they simply do not make it their business.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:24am On Sep 10, 2015
shawlar:

@firsttymum So after all the hype wey I don hype u... U can not solve simple ticket-price problem grin
seems like I'll have to withdraw my encyclopedia tag smiley
lmfao so u were patronizing me with title? Duh it didn't work tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bridestiny: 9:59am On Sep 10, 2015
Great work everyone!

Houston bound mums ooo. I found a good accommodation for my friend, 3min drive to Oakbend. Gosh, so relieved.!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:17am On Sep 10, 2015
toparie:
Lol @ firsttymum, really?

ehen na lol...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:17am On Sep 10, 2015
bridestiny:
Great work everyone!

Houston bound mums ooo. I found a good accommodation for my friend, 3min drive to Oakbend. Gosh, so relieved.!!!
how much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bridestiny: 10:31am On Sep 10, 2015
firsttymum:
how much

First, I can check availability for you. Better still send me a PM with your itinerary and how long you will be staying. Any accompany person? I can get you a estimate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 10, 2015
@firstymum & others,

thanks for all the replies .my mistake. its shawbabe that paid 3 months before .il PM her although i hope she sees my post soon cos this PM thing sometimes...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 11:24am On Sep 10, 2015
favouredmum:

Oakbend doesn't have a total package. One is billed separately by each physician.
Trust me, you would love doctor ezekiel. I was charged 1900 for VD (scan inclusive) and she charged sumone I know 2500 for CS. As for tests, she wld accept all ur blood work from Nigeria but u wld do jst a few over dere which cost $120. Also ensure you do a HIV test in naija in ur 3rd trimester b4 leaving naija. Dat wld save u some extra cost.
As for the pediatrician and blood work after birth, you would be charged separately which shd cost abt $336 and $155 respectively for no
complications. Hope I have been able to answer ur questions.

Thanks @Favoured mum, in addition she charges 2300 for scheduled CS inclusive of Scan, and 2600 for unscheduled CS. no first visit charge, accept lab works from 9ja if it is recent.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:30am On Sep 10, 2015
ooooh....

i called "dibs" before the baby was born, now as u push am enter amelica you wan review the terms and conditions abi...

okie na.

i know where to "wait" you. cool

congrats and wishing you quick recovery once again.

Terese69:

Hmmm... Olokings, it looks like we will have to revisit that discounted bride price matter again o! On a second thought, this my babe is way too fresh o so your money go plenty small but I trust you are up to the task.... lol

Thanks everyone. I'm grateful.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 11:33am On Sep 10, 2015
[quote author=shawlar post=37858610]
@Nasadiva, I hope u r not going to dress your boy in cute pink onesies & all - lolz
But come to think of it, r u sure that they are not two in there, as in 1boy & 1 girl...?? grin cheesy

Really nothing will surprise me anymore even if it turns out to be triplets. He should just get ready for pink flowery onesies, hello kitty sucks and shoes with loads of flower hair pins, in fact hello kitty world including car seat grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 11:37am On Sep 10, 2015
firsttymum:
u served in 2000 Chineke I was in junior secondary school o. A lot has changed since then tho... But then this visa thing na Favour
I was still in primary school grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:42am On Sep 10, 2015
lol...
pinkies ain't no biggie...
sha boi cute, dress him up and he ll enjoy being pet like a babe....
makes him get better in touch with his feminine side.. wink cool

Nasadiva:
Really nothing will surprise me anymore even if it turns out to be triplets. He should just get ready for pink flowery onesies, hello kitty sucks and shoes with loads of flower hair pins, in fact hello kitty world including car seat grin grin.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 11:43am On Sep 10, 2015
gaggle:

eeeh is @firsttymum going to Northside *confused *. Cross check again.
Me and firsttymum heading to Ben Taub lipsrsealed grin am confused too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 11:49am On Sep 10, 2015
olokings:
lol...

Feminine side ke? Mk e come turn to Catilyn Jenner for me grin grin search for girl friend already started.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 11:56am On Sep 10, 2015
Nasadiva:

Thanks @Favoured mum, in addition she charges 2300 for scheduled CS inclusive of Scan, and 2600 for unscheduled CS. no first visit charge, accept lab works from 9ja if it is recent.
This is really cheap ooo, I hope I can beat down favouredmum $1900 for v. Delivery fee to maybe $1500 grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by BABSFREY: 12:04pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nasadiva:
Nigeria and her shoddy medical practices and practitioners! I hope the Doctor now realises that this is more than some birth tourism.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2015
see you!.... market woman.. bargain make she do am for free!.. grin grin
u no want make she chop your moni small abi?!lol

ozycy:

This is really cheap ooo, I hope I can beat down favouredmum $1900 for v. Delivery fee to maybe $1500 grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2015
ozycy:

chimoooo u wanna beat it down again hahhahhahahhaha
Nasadiva:

Feminine side ke? Mk e come turn to Catilyn Jenner for me grin grin search for girl friend already started.
olokings:
lol...
abeg o.... We don't want him in touch with any feminine side at all.. The way d world is now en, if u son touch baby doll fear go catch u
ozycy:

Me and firsttymum heading to Ben Taub lipsrsealed grin am confused too
and then we will share hospital bed kikikikikikiki
ozycy:

I was still in primary school grin
if I hear....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
BABSFREY:

Nigeria and her shoddy medical practices and practitioners! I hope the Doctor now realises that this is more than some birth tourism.
Abi o...
Nasadiva:

hmmmm ok na I'm going to re run all my tests... I can't shout
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2015
olokings:
see you!.... market woman.. bargain make she do am for free!.. grin grin
u no want make she chop your moni small abi?!lol
Ose and ochanja market bargaining things grin. Money hard this time around ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
firsttymum:
Abi o... hmmmm ok na I'm going to re run all my tests... I can't shout
Am sure you ain't paying for those tests here in Naija. Na just to tell dat lab scientific to help you do am asap. lipsrsealed. I didn't do recent HIV test, na old one I carry, my badt
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
ozycy:

Am sure you ain't paying for those tests here in Naija. Na just to tell dat lab scientific to help you do am asap. lipsrsealed. I didn't do recent HIV test, na old one I carry, my badt
my ANC isn't where I work sef. If u no dey born for the hospital dem owe u balance na. Make den use part of d balance do d test. grin grin u people will soon call me Ijebu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.