Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892375 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oluwafunkenny: 9:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
thanks dear,

please what of the appointment scheduling. any help?

FinanceFitness:
1 form for each member of the family excluding the foetus, that will be 5 DAS 160 forms.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 9:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
oluwafunkenny:
@dere5,

good day, a friend just mentioned that Ben Taub hospital is cheap and that she will be going there. immediately I heard the name, I remembered it was mentioned here and was traced to you. please before she enters one chance, do you have any reservation for the hospital?

Anyone with information on this can please assist.

thanx

Sorry,cant give you any 1st hand info on Ben Taub,i just know it a hospital in houston. But since you asked,i decided to do a bit of research on them,so i google d "ben taub review" they had some bad reviews but the majority of the reviews i read were good.. you can check their web site and also google their reviews and draw your own conclusion.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
ifax:

For those that still think informing the embassy is overrated.

And no,just because he didn't want to allow in doesn't mean he's a racist!

I think it is because she flew Arik, they just have a way of being on the defensive when flights come in directly from Nigeria "with africans coming to take advantage of our system" ringing in their heads. angry

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tesola: 9:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
[quote author=Biobioliscious post=31630177]Hello Nairalanders,

Please for Elpaso mums and Elpaso mums to be, kindly advise on the preferred extented stay accomodation btw Hisgracelodge and In town suites in terms of cost, proximity to d hospital, comfortability, good services and all.

Hi Biobioliscious. If you love your privacy & comfort during these period i'll advice you choose his grace lodge. There you can be certain you'll not be bothered with issues associated with putting too many preggies in close proximity if you get what i mean, lols, these can range from bickering, backbiting to catfights over who's husby is richest etc grin. I stayed in his grace lodge for 6wks & i really enjoyed my stay. Its in a lovely n serene environment and is being run by very warm, humane hosts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oluwafunkenny: 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
Thanks, will do as advised.

dere5:

Sorry,cant give you any 1st hand info on Ben Taub,i just know it a hospital in houston. But since you asked,i decided to do a bit of research on them,so i google d "ben taub review" they had some bad reviews but the majority of the reviews i read were good.. you can check their web site and also google their reviews and draw your own conclusion.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
Congrats to new mums and dads and to those who had a successful POEs.

Please I need an urgent help. Where can I get a maternity/pregnancy pillow around Lagos Island, VI, Ikoyi or Surulere axis? Your sister has not been sleeping well at night. The discomfort is just too much. Please help a soul. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl03: 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
Hello everyone pls I'm new here but I will like if you can be of help to me.I will like to give birth in u.s precisely columbus ohio because that is where I have a relative there but I don't even know how to go through everything. hospital charges and doctors charges.I saw riverside hospital and mount carmel east but it's only delivery charges that is there without charges like epidural and pediatrician and all other things.
Thanks for all the advice in anticipation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nelly2012: 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
AyaSho:
Pls has anyone travelled with Airfrance.
Please what is it like and how many luggage can one carry.
Please ur advice needed.
Thanks

Hi. I have travelled with AirFrance to the U.S, once for birthing and once for vacay and will use them again soon. Their service is good and I love the CDG airport in Paris. You're allowed to carry 2 luggage of 23kg each in economy cabin.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lizcom25: 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
Biobioliscious:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please for Elpaso mums and Elpaso mums to be, kindly advise on the preferred extented stay accomodation btw Hisgracelodge and In town suites in terms of cost, proximity to d hospital, comfortability, good services and all.

Thanks for ur quick responses

Hi Biobioliscious, i will advice you stay in Hisgrace lodge, though it's a little higher than in town but you have convenience and serene environs. My wife stayed there for some days......it was like a home. You have neighbours but not in the communal sense
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
beepearl03:
Hello everyone pls I'm new here but I will like if you can be of help to me.I will like to give birth in u.s precisely columbus ohio because that is where I have a relative there but I don't even know how to go through everything. hospital charges and doctors charges.I saw riverside hospital and mount carmel east but it's only delivery charges that is there without charges like epidural and pediatrician and all other things.

Go back to the hospital website,there should be a way of contacting the hospital and doctors affiliated with this hospital,this can be done by mail or phone and ask them for a detailed bill break down

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl03: 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
Gagat:
hello house, i'm new here and pls can anyone help me with contact and cost estimate of any affordable hospital and Dr in Ohio. please.... its really urgent for me to reach them for burden of proof. pls help a sis in need. thanks.
[color=#006600][/color]
pls I just want to know if u eventually saw any hospital or doctor, pls do share with me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 12:18am On Mar 17, 2015
caprock:
Please house, i need contacts for Doctors and hospitals that nairalanders have used in maryland. how i can contact them. my email is
ogbaa1@yahoo.com . i will appreciate if anyone can give me useful information.

hello all, been following this thread silently for two months now.

Had #1 last year at Mercy Medical Center Baltimore
OB fees 1,500
hospital bill 6,500 (vag delivery, no Epidural)
baby's bill 1,500
Ped fee 114 per visit for self pay

due to inadequate planning plus i went very late so i didnt get a discount as baby came before my first appointment sef, so i ended up paying almost $4k for OB fees instead of 1,500. but its 1,500 and covers prenatal and OB delivery fee.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MadameU: 5:21am On Mar 17, 2015
sorry, I have no info on doctors or hospitals but thought to put in a word of advice, in your condition stress is the last thing you could possibly need .... Please be patient, chill out. If you have enough cash on you, you guys could go else where in the absence of that, please be patient ,apologize then package some money and give to the "mummy" also go buy groceries in the house. The Good lord be with you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Biobioliscious: 5:24am On Mar 17, 2015
@ Shade16:

Please i am also interested in the details of d hospital cheaper than doctors para ti in elpaso and also details about extended stay in hisgracelodge. Pls will send u mail on hisgracelodge@gmail.com , kindly respond as soon as u can. Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MadameU: 5:25am On Mar 17, 2015
[quote author=beepearl03 post=31687977]Hello everyone pls I'm new here but I will like if you can be of help to me.I will like to give birth in u.s precisely columbus ohio because that is where I have a relative there but I don't even know how to go through everything. hospital charges and doctors charges.I saw riverside hospital and mount carmel east but it's only delivery charges that is there without charges like epidural and pediatrician and all other things.

Sister, call the hospital directly or send emails to get first hand information.You could also ask your relatives over there to help you do some inquiry.. To avoid surprises.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Biobioliscious: 5:37am On Mar 17, 2015
@ tesola & lizcom25, thanks for the info. God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Airpure(f): 5:51am On Mar 17, 2015
weaseloo:

PM me for the contact. Don't want to get blocked.

Hello , pls m also interested in the agents no for Nig Visa n cost can u be a Dear n email me the info via airpure23@gmail.com plssss I don't know hw this pm stuff works.

Regards .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 7:50am On Mar 17, 2015
You should plan group appointment for everyone, you can create your profile and add the others as dependants. This can be done online or by calling their contact centre, all are online.

oluwafunkenny:
thanks dear,

please what of the appointment scheduling. any help?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by cacowee(f): 7:53am On Mar 17, 2015
chidaroy:
Yes I am a May Mum.
Made your flight reservation yet?

Yes I have. ..chidaroy ....am leaving for El Paso by God s Grace first week of May. Would be staying at intown suite in El Paso. What about you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl03: 7:53am On Mar 17, 2015
[quote author=MadameU post=31694548][/quote]Thanks alot sister,called the hospital but they directed me to the pricing list on their website which only includes charges for delivery and nursery excluding epidural,drugs and so on And was told I can't make appointment with them that I can only do with a doctor.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by cacowee(f): 8:09am On Mar 17, 2015
ojsimsim:
@cocowe will be in elpaso in june although am a july mom. where will u be staying? and which doc are you using?

@chidaroy,am actually a june mom, but leaving for the US in May, I will be staying at intown suite. El paso. Using del sol medical center. Send me email , cacowe@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 8:19am On Mar 17, 2015
Hello Everyone,
Please answer my question, for those that have used and using Oakbend and Dr. Fagbohun, please which of the Intown Suites is closer to them (Dr and Hospital)
please answer me is urgent.
thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oluwafunkenny: 8:21am On Mar 17, 2015
[quote author=tesola post=31687712][/quote]

Hello,
Pls apart from the first ride of your appointment, if you need to see the doc or go to hospital again and you can't drive the available car, how far is the place to Del-sol medical care, Dr Martel's place, SSN and BC office, grocery and all others.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adeniyitob: 8:31am On Mar 17, 2015
Newmum0615:
Good day all, please for the Houston, Richmond, Sugarland mamas that have processed or are in the process of getting their baby's passport and have to use hubby's consent form from Naija, can I use a pre-notarized form from a court or other notary and go along with it as I travel? Or must it be from the embassy after baby is born? I hear different states have their own rules.

Hello,
Have u gotten any response..I also need to find out this information. Pls help a sister!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SleekFullah(f): 9:25am On Mar 17, 2015
Nairalanders giving information since 1900 grin I am new on the forum, this is my first post and I must commend y'all on a job well done, which is still being done well! I started reading from the very first page, and though I am still on it, I must say the wealth of information is awesome! However, I'd like to ask a question...for a woman who is travelling alone to have her baby in the USA, is it necessary to go along with my husband's passport to the embassy for my visa interview? I have travelled out of the country a couple of times but this will be my first trip to the USA. I am asking because I saw it as one of the requirements on Phema's burden of proof.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 9:52am On Mar 17, 2015
I didn't get a response o. Diaris God embarassed
Adeniyitob:

Hello,
Have u gotten any response..I also need to find out this information. Pls help a sister!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drafrican: 10:11am On Mar 17, 2015
[quote author=SleekFullah post=31699609] Nairalanders giving information since 1900 grin I am new on the forum, this is my first post and I must commend y'all on a job well done, which is still being done well! I started reading from the very first page, and though I am still on it, I must say the wealth of information is awesome! However, I'd like to ask a question...for a woman who is travelling alone to have her baby in the USA, is it necessary to go along with my husband's passport to the embassy for my visa interview? I have travelled out of the country a couple of times but this will be my first trip to the USA. I am asking because I saw it as one of the requirements on Phema's burden of proof. [/quote
If your husband has been to the USA before you don't need to take his passport just fill his name in the DS160 form as it is on his passport the VO will have his records on her computer but if he has never been to the USA before you need to take his passport with you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 17, 2015
SleekFullah:
Nairalanders giving information since 1900 grin I am new on the forum, this is my first post and I must commend y'all on a job well done, which is still being done well! I started reading from the very first page, and though I am still on it, I must say the wealth of information is awesome! However, I'd like to ask a question...for a woman who is travelling alone to have her baby in the USA, is it necessary to go along with my husband's passport to the embassy for my visa interview? I have travelled out of the country a couple of times but this will be my first trip to the USA. I am asking because I saw it as one of the requirements on Phema's burden of proof.

I took that along as a proof of previous travel history we had together.

Not compulsory IMO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 10:13am On Mar 17, 2015
I'd be leaving in April. Will stay at Intown Suite also and Del Sol is my hospital. Which of the airlines will you use?
cacowee:

@chidaroy,am actually a june mom, but leaving for the US in May, I will be staying at intown suite. El paso. Using del sol medical center. Send me email , cacowe@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by caprock(m): 11:18am On Mar 17, 2015
oluwafunkenny:
Please for those that have filled DS160 for family( husband, wife, 3kids and a foetus-lol), kindly explain whether the children will fill different forms or only the couple.
Also to schedule for their appointment, how will they go about it?

Thanking you in anticipation
Everbody must fill different forms but you will book one appointment and include all the form numbers and names . good luck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SleekFullah(f): 12:48pm On Mar 17, 2015
Phema:

I took that along as a proof of previous travel history we had together.

Not compulsory IMO.
thank you oo! Our Phema of life! God bless you real good. How is the little one?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
SleekFullah:
thank you oo! Our Phema of life! God bless you real good. How is the little one?

Bless you too!
He's doing very well. And the "bun in the oven"? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.