Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892217 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2015
that's so Thoughtful of you. I was going to do that already
Happy Mothers' day to every Mother here.
feddy27:
Happy Mother's Day to all the women out here! Our labor of love shall never be in vain. God bless us all

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
Hi All,

Anyone here looking to Travel between April 16-21? Let's plan together.
I am yet to make a decision on which hospital to go with between Dr Fagbohun's and Docotores Para Ti.
Doctores Para Ti is looking more like it from a budget stand point but I have heard alot of great things about Dr Fagbohun.

I will be travelling alone. Any words of Advice from the experienced people here?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
Thanks alot. I just looked through their website. There's no info on women services. I will appreciate any help you can offer.
Popri:

Check Missouri Baptist medical centre cos their hospital charge is 2500 for VD and there's a Dr that charges 800$ there, additional cost is pediatricians fee which I dunno, but that same Dr collects test done from Nigeria if it's not hand written...accommodation is what I'm not sure of, Google apartments close to that zip code and see how far, but cost of living in Missouri is low
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
[quote author=zeezahbee post=31490112][/quote]

You tried to send me a PM yesterday... or so did the mail notification say. Whats up?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
You tried to send me an email yesterday ... At least thats what the notification says. Whats up?
zeezahbee:
lol, you can't keep the return ticket. Tickets are only Valid for 1 year
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Doaahassan: 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
ozycy:
. Dr Geoffrey Zimmerman . Doctors fee 1400, circumcision 150, lab 75, hospital 3100. An still looking for accommodation, if you get any affordable one, pls let me know.

Hi,
can you please send me the hospital name and doctor contact please..
my e-mail is dody_hassan@hotmail.com

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by AyaSho(f): 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
Happy Mothers day to all our beloved mother's and would be Mothers. May the lord bless all our fruits and make them great.
Pls can one takes, packaged semovita, yamflour and beans flour along when travelling.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2015
Good day all, please for the Houston, Richmond, Sugarland mamas that have processed or are in the process of getting their baby's passport and have to use hubby's consent form from Naija, can I use a pre-notarized form from a court or other notary and go along with it as I travel? Or must it be from the embassy after baby is born? I hear different states have their own rules.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2015
AyaSho:
Happy Mothers day to all our beloved mother's and would be Mothers. May the lord bless all our fruits and make them great.
Pls can one takes, packaged semovita, yamflour and beans flour along when travelling.
yes you can
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Omodaraju: 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2015
Happy mothers day

Please is any houston bound mother interested in sharing accommodation?

WHMC bound moms preferably because of proximity

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
Omodaraju:
Happy mothers day

Won't mind. Pls send me d details thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2015
Happy mother's day to all wonderful mums and to-be-mums out there...

Pls I need good info from anyone who has used Dr Zimmerman for CS. Can anyone recommend him pls. A friend needs this ASAP. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by babysykes: 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2015
U
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
Omodaraju:
Happy mothers day

Please send me a pm. I am interested.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 5:58pm On Mar 15, 2015
Yes I am a May Mum.
Made your flight reservation yet?
cacowee:
Hello Raydd

Am also May/June mom....using el Paso. .hope to be in the US by first week of May. Don't wanna be bored as I hope to meet other Nigerian preggy moms. Any may/ June moms here?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by AyaSho(f): 6:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
zeezahbee:
yes you can
Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 6:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
Hey hey,

I'm a newbie on here, only 9weeks pregnant and due in October. Thanks to everyone that has contributed on this forum. You're all simply amazing. I've been taking in a lot of information going through this thread. I'm still processing all I've learned and so far have narrowed my options to New Jersey, Houston or Arizona.

All the best to everyone due this month, and to all the expecting mothers. May God see us through and grant us a complications free full term until delivery.... Amen

P/S: anyone due around mid October, intending to fly end of August/beginning of September, and considering New Jersey, or Houston please keep in touch wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2015
@toparie, welcome on board and enjoy every bit of your pregnancy journey!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 7:10pm On Mar 15, 2015
Please help with a response. Thanks.
Newmum0615:
Good day all, please for the Houston, Richmond, Sugarland mamas that have processed or are in the process of getting their baby's passport and have to use hubby's consent form from Naija, can I use a pre-notarized form from a court or other notary and go along with it as I travel? Or must it be from the embassy after baby is born? I hear different states have their own rules.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2015
Doaahassan:

Hi,

thanks
. Sent

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 7:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
Doaahassan:

Hi,

thanks
. Sent

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
toparie:
Hey hey,

I'm a newbie on here, only 9weeks pregnant and due in October. Thanks to everyone that has contributed on this forum. You're all simply amazing. I've been taking in a lot of information going through this thread. I'm still processing all I've learned and so far have narrowed my options to New Jersey, Houston or Arizona.

All the best to everyone due this month, and to all the expecting mothers. May God see us through and grant us a complications free full term until delivery.... Amen

P/S: anyone due around mid October, intending to fly end of August/beginning of September, and considering New Jersey, or Houston please keep in touch wink

Hi hi,,,I'm due same time with u...still deciding, but also looking at Missouri
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
My mother inlaw arrived houston yesterday. Luckily for her she found someone on the plane from London who speaks Yoruba. Cos she took BA from Lagos. The man interpreted for her at customs. They only asked her why she was here and how long she was staying and then stamped her in.

I had a good night rest for the first time in two weeks yesterday. grin

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Goldenheart88(f): 10:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
Hey beautiful people! I just want to let you all know you are exceptional. cool cool

I just arrived New Jersey today via JFK. I flew arik with my 1 year old toddler and my grandmum.
Traveling with a toddler is a lot of work and my grandmum couldn't help much as we were in separate cabins and my son wants only mummy. He screams at the sight of her. I mean I've travelled with him a couple of times since I had him, but doing it with a big belly this time was a huge deal.
I Thank God for the strength to do this. I requested for a wheelchair and it was the best thing that happened to me considering I'm really heavy and had to hold my toddler as well.
Arik accepted me at 29 weeks and I also had to get a fit to fly certificate from the port health authority. Apperently Arik carries preggy passengers till 30 weeks.

I got to the immigration really quick cos I was wheeled. Didn't go with my grandmum cos she's a citizen and I didn't want to answer plenty questions so I asked her to go on her own.
Usually I used to go through with the US citizens cue Because my son is a citizen, but I read somewhere on this thread that it was wrong so I just respected myself and went with visitors.

The immigration officer didn't ask me for any documents or anything even from my toddlers birth. I had all that prepared tho.
She just asked why I'm coming to the US, and why I wanted to give birth in the USA. Where I'll be staying and for how long I'll be staying. When I answered, She asked to see my sons face and stamped us in for 6month, and off we went to the CBP cue. Easy peasy!

I didn't have any foodstuff my grandmum did all the carrying and she wasn't even searched. They sent me to another cue to get questioned because I had above 10k and the Asian guy I met there just laughed with me and let us go, grandmum was already outside waiting. That's all folks. It was a smooth and stress free experience for me and I thank God.

I now have a lot of decision making to do. I think I'll be heading to Houston from NJ. But my family is here. I'll visit the Hackensack hospital and research a lot more about NJ affordable hospitals and make up my mind and let you all know.

May the Good lord guide and give all mums coming into the states a stress free travel and Entry.

Congrats to all the new mum that just had their babies. God is awesome!!!

Cheers!

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 10:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Goldenheart88:

Hey beautiful people! I just want to let you all know you are exceptional. cool cool

I just arrived New Jersey today via JFK. I flew arik with my 1 year old toddler and my grandmum.
Traveling with a toddler is a lot of work and my grandmum couldn't help much as we were in separate cabins and my son wants only mummy. He screams at the sight of her. I mean I've travelled with him a couple of times since I had him, but doing it with a big belly this time was a huge deal.
I Thank God for the strength to do this. I requested for a wheelchair and it was the best thing that happened to me considering I'm really heavy and had to hold my toddler as well.
Arik accepted me at 29 weeks and I also had to get a fit to fly certificate from the port health authority. Apperently Arik carries preggy passengers till 30 weeks.

I got to the immigration really quick cos I was wheeled. Didn't go with my grandmum cos she's a citizen and I didn't want to answer plenty questions so I asked her to go on her own.
Usually I used to go through with the US citizens cue Because my son is a citizen, but I read somewhere on this thread that it was wrong so I just respected myself and went with visitors.

The immigration officer didn't ask me for any documents or anything even from my toddlers birth. I had all that prepared tho.
She just asked why I'm coming to the US, and why I wanted to give birth in the USA. Where I'll be staying and for how long I'll be staying. When I answered, She asked to see my sons face and stamped us in for 6month, and off we went to the CBP cue. Easy peasy!

I didn't have any foodstuff my grandmum did all the carrying and she wasn't even searched. They sent me to another cue to get questioned because I had above 10k and the Asian guy I met there just laughed with me and let us go, grandmum was already outside waiting. That's all folks. It was a smooth and stress free experience for me and I thank God.

I now have a lot of decision making to do. I think I'll be heading to Houston from NJ. But my family is here. I'll visit the Hackensack hospital and research a lot more about NJ affordable hospitals and make up my mind and let you all know.

May the Good lord guide and give all mums coming into the states a stress free travel and Entry.

Congrats to all the new mum that just had their babies. God is awesome!!!

Cheers!

Congrats on you successful poe. My questions are: Who pushes the wheelchair? On arrival, does this person wait for you to finish inspection with the poe officers? Does he then continue wheeling you to the arrivals lounge? Do you pay him or give him a tip or nothing ? Will appreciate a response from you or anyone else.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by customised87: 12:26am On Mar 16, 2015
dittobaby:

Congrats on you successful poe. My questions are: Who pushes the wheelchair? On arrival, does this person wait for you to finish inspection with the poe officers? Does he then continue wheeling you to the arrivals lounge? Do you pay him or give him a tip or nothing ? Will appreciate a response from you or anyone else.

Hi, once you request for the wheelchair from Nig,dre will be someone already waiting for you with a wheelchair as u exit the plane. All u need do is to show the person your boarding pass and he/she ll ask you to sit. The person ll do the pushing and wait for you till you are through at the POE and up till the terminal where your connecting flight ll take off from or till your final exit point. You dont need to pay the person but u can tip him/her if you are impressed with the service rendered. It is not mandatory though.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adiahabasi: 2:17am On Mar 16, 2015
dittobaby:

Yes there are porters whose jobs it is to wheel the chairs....I booked a wheel chair from Lag, didn't use it there cos hubby felt it was ridiculous.At Houston POE I used it, the CBP was sarcastic cos of this, he asked me why I was on a wheel chair,I said I was very tired after the 13hr flight, he replied he was tired as well and that the lady wheeling was also definitely tired,hmm na so I stand up wt my big belle tell am ok sir!(To be fair he probably hadn't noticed I was preggy, he was probably wondering wat a young fine chic *winks was doing on a wheelchair). Let me just continue wt my POE story once and for all.....
He took my finger prints,and asked wat I came for, told him to hv my baby, he asked if I had told them that when I applied for visa,I told him that was the only thing I applied for,he typed on his system for few seconds,asked hw much I had on me, and what I do in Nigeria, I told him. He said he was sending me somewhere else so they cld count my money. I sat back on the wheelchair and off we went for secondary inspection.
It was abt 5;30a.m so I guess we were the first set of pple for that day. There was a young Mexican woman crying in a corner, and abt 4 latinos that looked as if they had slept there. D porter that wheeled me in sat down,abt 10 other pple were also directed in. The officers shared our passports among themselves,I was the first to be called up, he asked me exactly the same questions i had been asked at the 1st check,then asked If the money was mine, i smiled and said yes. Asked for the address i wld be staying, i handed him the extended stay booking, took it and kept typing (seemed he was checking if the booking was still valid,not sure though). He gave it back to me,stamped me in for 6months and said when next i was coming in, i should ensure I had my receipts wt me...took roughly 5mins or even less. Immediately we left d room, I just ginger out of joy, told the porter thanks that I cld carry on from there myself......mistake, I walked for abt 20mins(or so it seemed @ d time) before I got to the boarding gate where i was to join my connecting flight.
N.B- i declared on my form i had food,got to Agric, they asked wat i had, i mentioned a few,and asked the guy questions instead like...is powdered milk,spaghetti etc contraband here lol,the guy said no,asked where I was from, on telling him he said do u hv knorr,I said yes but its not d chicken flavour, na so he ask me to go wtout opening my bags!Wish I hadn't dropped my yams last minute in Naija.
Sorry 4 d very lengthy post grin, na boredom.......

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by finechickala201: 2:41am On Mar 16, 2015
Biobioliscious:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please for Elpaso mums and Elpaso mums to be, kindly advise on the preferred extented stay accomodation btw Hisgracelodge and In town suites in terms of cost, proximity to d hospital, comfortability, good services and all.

Thanks for ur quick responses

We are like a big small family here. intown is cheaper than the two mentioned.you are to clean your room ,cleaner's only clean once a week. breakfast is not provided. if you want help and nice people to be around with ? consider intown

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Biobioliscious: 4:41am On Mar 16, 2015
@finechickala,

Thanks for your response, i appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nomanicole(f): 7:23am On Mar 16, 2015
maypra:
Please do you have the Dr's e-mail?

Office@preferredwomenscare.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.