Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,198 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892025 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:26am On Oct 05, 2015
iyoyoworl:

Kindly assist with the contact details of the agent that assisted you with the travel certificate as I would like to use this option instead of having to travel all the way to Atlanta to process a Nigerian passport for my lo as I would be staying in Florida

Pm me. Will reply with his contact
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:27am On Oct 05, 2015
iyoyoworl:

Kindly assist with the contact details of the agent that assisted you with the travel certificate as I would like to use this option instead of having to travel all the way to Atlanta to process a Nigerian passport for my lo as I would be staying in Florida
or u can just do the naija visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:28am On Oct 05, 2015
nefertitiram:

Travelex in MMIA is selling for 197.
Saw their notice in tge airport when i arrived on friday
Ghen Ghen but the protocols
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:31am On Oct 05, 2015
iyoyoworl:
Hello house, does any one know of any bank currently selling PTA
access bank.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:34am On Oct 05, 2015
firsttymum:
Ghen Ghen but the protocols

They only need yout boarding pass and passport. For all my trips since 2009, i have never bought from bank only from travelex

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:36am On Oct 05, 2015
nefertitiram:

They only need yout boarding pass and passport. For all my trips since 2009, i have never bought from bank only from travelex
this is good news o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:25am On Oct 05, 2015
Hope no one here is in South Carolina? cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mumkay: 4:26am On Oct 05, 2015
nefertitiram:

Will Justwise allow? Lol

I can pm u his details

Pls I need his details too,kindly pm me abegi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by afrobrown2000: 4:50am On Oct 05, 2015
nefertitiram:

Pm me. Will reply with his contact
pls I need contact details. ..this...etc sounds cool to my ears...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by back2dmatter: 5:55am On Oct 05, 2015
nefertitiram:

Will Justwise allow? Lol

I can pm u his details

Please pm the details to me also.
I sent u a pm earlier.
Please help!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 6:23am On Oct 05, 2015
modath:

I believe its [b]250$ [/b]but I can swear .. I will however advise that you go for it cos the blue pali will not leave your custody as it was nerve wracking waiting for my son's naija visa to arrive on the morning of our return flight & seeing that travesty of a blue biro visa....
The $250 is still much, I was thinking it shud be way cheaper than visa. If I misplace the paper, na another gobe. Na to close eye do visa and pray it returns back safe.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MiddyO(f): 6:26am On Oct 05, 2015
nefertitiram:

I plan to use Travelex, but when I called them 2 weeks ago the rate was 203. Fidelity refused to approve PTA for me because the account wasn't up to 3 months old. They are now very strict as they are one of the few banks still giving PTA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:25am On Oct 05, 2015
nefertitiram:

Will Justwise allow? Lol

I can pm u his details

Please no.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 7:32am On Oct 05, 2015
i called Travelex on saturday, they are giving for 203.8. i told the guy that i will call this week let me check if the rate will reduce? grin

nefertitiram:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 05, 2015
julzz:
Hi everyone, here goes my poe story. Flew united to houston on 1st oct landed 5am their time
Cbp- what brings you to US.
Me- vacation and to have my baby.
Cbp- types on system and says stand aside someone will come and get you. Another officer came and took me for more questioning. (sat and waited till I was called by a black officer)
Cbp- Sit down,so what are you here for.
Me- vacation and to have my baby.
Cbp- you can not be vacationing and also having a baby, vacation is going to the beach,club blab blab....so come out straight with me.
Me- Since baby is not due till nov,i was going to sight see....
Cbp- cuts me, you are to have a baby,cos I can see that already (looking at his system)
Me- (smiles)ok, im here to have my baby.
Cbp- better,so why did you choose to have your baby here?
Me- because US ranks top in obstetric care(got that line on Nairaland).
Cbp- (looks at my passport) but you were born in Nigeria in 198- and i know since you were born till date, the health care there must have improved.
Me- I just want the best for my baby.
Cbp- No,you want the citizenship for you baby that's your primary reason .
Me- No,that's my secondary reason,i want the best health care for us.
Cbp- can I have your dr paper.
Me- hands over doctoresparati paper.
Cbp- why elpaso and not houston, I've never been to that place.
Me - that's where I found a dr.
Cbp - how did you find him.
Me- found him online, he's got nice reviews.
Cbp- oh please,i can start a business now,and tell my colleagues to put in nice reviews for me.
Me - Really!!!
Cbp- calls doctoresparati but no response. Asks for accommodation.
Me- gave him intown suites reservation confirmation page.
Cbp -is this a hotel.
Me- sort of.
Cbp- calls intown suites,(they picked but said the person said he can confirm my reservation untill 11am when office is open,he then him on phone what kind of hotel office doesn't open until 11am,the guy explained is weekly rental apartments kinda off, from what I could understand from their conversation) he then looks at my landing card and saw food items I declared it was plenty and asked me if I can cook there?
Me- yes, I can.
Cbp-ok,how much do you have on you.
Me- $10,450
Cbp- can I see it.
Me- gave him the money,and he counted it and gave it back (but in my mind I keep saying,this man you've got nothing on me,i wasn't nervous one bit,cos I expected it from all I've read here)
Cbp- make sure you keep all receipts of services you receive cos you'll be asked for it the next time you are here, stamps me in 6months, and gave me my passport.
Me- thank you.
Off I go to declare my money, agriculture seized my rice. Anyways that's my story,

thanks to Nairaland for confidence building, love you all. Meanwhile met another mum on my flight going to his grace lodge,and a man we entered same cab to intown suites, his wife was already here.
Congrats, but I tink people should avoid houston by all means, wahala won ma po ooo

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:10am On Oct 05, 2015
dyout:
i called Travelex on saturday, they are giving for 203.8. i told the guy that i will call this week let me check if the rate will reduce? grin

I dunno about calling. But I am quoting what i saw at the airport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenWest: 8:19am On Oct 05, 2015
dyout:

The exch rate for travelex at the airport is 197 if you include the 3.5% commission it comes to 203.8. This has been the rate for over 2months. Caution though, if you bank all out on travelex, you might get to the airport on your departure date only to find out they don't have dollars. They also prefer you come with your physical cash.

What I did in gathering up some of my dollars for my trip, abt 12k now is to use up my family and friends PTA allowances who are traveling and do not have need for it

I intend getting my own PTA allowance, that's 4k from sterling or access bank this week. These two banks are still selling.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:22am On Oct 05, 2015
ozycy:

The $250 is still much, I was thinking it shud be way cheaper than visa. If I misplace the paper, na another gobe. Na to close eye do visa and pray it returns back safe.

You actually submit d paper to immigration on arrival but you need to make copies you need for passport before arrival. Its a choice thing sha.
am working on my baby's 9ja passport this week so its all good.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:29am On Oct 05, 2015
Makes sense.
So dey put the notice there to entice people.

They sure got me
QueenWest:

The exch rate for travelex at the airport is 197 if you include the 3.5% commission it comes to 203.8. This has been the rate for over 2months. Caution though, if you bank all out on travelex, you might get to the airport on your departure date only to find out they don't have dollars. They also prefer you come with your physical cash.

What I did in gathering up some of my dollars for my trip, abt 12k now is to use up my family and friends PTA allowances who are traveling and do not have need for it

I intend getting my own PTA allowance, that's 4k from sterling or access bank this week. These two banks are still selling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:30am On Oct 05, 2015
firsttymum:
Hope no one here is in South Carolina? cry
wat happened again in SC
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2015
back2dmatter:

Dear Nogen
Please I sent you a pm.
Please respond.
Many thanks.

Just replied
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:34am On Oct 05, 2015
MiddyO:

I plan to use Travelex, but when I called them 2 weeks ago the rate was 203. Fidelity refused to approve PTA for me because the account wasn't up to 3 months old. They are now very strict as they are one of the few banks still giving PTA.
access bank nko? Fcmb too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:39am On Oct 05, 2015
nefertitiram:

wat happened again in SC
flood o. It has been declared state of emergency.
The houses are submerged in the flood. People are being evacuated in boats
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MiddyO(f): 10:56am On Oct 05, 2015
firsttymum:
access bank nko? Fcmb too.

I think those are the only 3 giving o. Unfortunately I don't have accounts with any of those other banks. This scarcity of PTA isn't funny @ all!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MiddyO(f): 11:00am On Oct 05, 2015
[quote author=QueenWest post=38679077]

The exch rate for Travelex.... Caution though, if you bank all out on travelex, you might get to the airport on your departure date only to find out they don't have dollars. They also prefer you come with your physical cash.

I remember someone posted a few weeks ago that she transferred to their 1st Bank account @ the Airport via Internet banking.
And is it really possible that they won't have dollars as a BBC?

Maybe it's time to pay a visit to the Airport o. I don't want any surprises.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:20am On Oct 05, 2015
firsttymum:
flood o. It has been declared state of emergency.
The houses are submerged in the flood. People are being evacuated in boats
Boat ke! Mae we no go de fin' greener pastuure for the pikins enter stories that touch o! Kai
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:51am On Oct 05, 2015
MiddyO:

I think those are the only 3 giving o. Unfortunately I don't have accounts with any of those other banks. This scarcity of PTA isn't funny @ all!
I opened account with fcmb and got pta less than a week of opening the account
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:52am On Oct 05, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Boat ke! Mae we no go de fin' greener pastuure for the pikins enter stories that touch o! Kai
as in en... It's terrible
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:57am On Oct 05, 2015
[quote author=MiddyO post=38684183][/quote] u need ur boarding pass.

I stand corrected.

Ensure u av asked all ur banks. I mean their regional headquarters. and the big branches too.

Fcmb regional HQ didn't av dollars, was asked to wait for some days..., it was one of their big branches dt had nd gave me same day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
I remember u mentioned it before. Please which of there branch did u get?

firsttymum:
u need ur boarding pass.

I stand corrected.

Ensure u av asked all ur banks. I mean their regional headquarters. and the big branches too.

Fcmb regional HQ didn't av dollars, was asked to wait for some days..., it was one of their big branches dt had nd gave me same day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2015
firsttymum:
u need ur boarding pass.

I stand corrected.

These airlines aren't smiling o! Pls can anybody point me to an airline doing promo or discount!! BA is 540k or maybe I'm seeing double! Arik is relatively fair but I'm traveling with a 4 yrs old diva n moving her from flight to flight will be a major challenge for my bloated sef! Sone1 Epp me pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jayjay4lyf: 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
[quote author=MiddyO post=38684183][/quote]
Exactly, happened to me o, after I had physically gone to the airport, they said oh they don't do bank transfer nor online banking, so couldn't buy that day only for me to bring cash on d day of travelling which was like 2 days later for dem to tell me no dollars angry [sup][/sup] cry had no choice den but to buy @223 from BDC, so annoying, so pls sort it out before date of travel o

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.