Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,219 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892027 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
neks31:

These airlines aren't smiling o! Pls can anybody point me to an airline doing promo or discount!! BA is 540k or maybe I'm seeing double! Arik is relatively fair but I'm traveling with a 4 yrs old diva n moving her from flight to flight will be a major challenge for my bloated sef! Sone1 Epp me pls.
have u checked United? Delta?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2015
dyout:
I remember u mentioned it before. Please which of there branch did u get?

do u stay in ph?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by noffy1: 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hello wonderful mums in the house I've learnt a lot from this forum though I never made any comment. Pls ll like to connect with any elpaso mum due for Jan /Feb. , though I ll b travelling 1st week in Dec. I ll greatly appreciate response please

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by WinterMama: 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
[quote author=Genieee post=38618711][/quote]

I have sent you a PM

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
Yes i do.

firsttymum:
do u stay in ph?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 2:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
dyout:
Yes i do.

check the fcmb opposite Jevinic.... If they don't have... Just drive towards abuloma road... That one must have. Then d one at spar (Park n shop) just didn't wanna drive all d way there. But told her I wld tell my friends. Her name is Ann... Looks like she's d one in charge.

The one on abuloma road... Collect the man's number...Nd force him to save ur number. He needs to get approval... So u keep calling him to know when he's done with the approval.

Collect the number of the person in charge of the pta. In these 3 branches

Then access bank at YKC as if u r going to alcon road woji. Access bank starts giving after 10am.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mrsoje(f): 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
thanks to all Finance Fitness, :Ladyguinivere, firsttymum i was at the embassy on wed 30th of Sept, my daughter visa interview was a success. it was granted after my passport booklet and birth certificate was sighted. Houston enroute late nov to early dec.

@olokings @gaggle @shawlar @ bestsnews @queenestty @ toks07 @beryl15....may God bless the little one and May we all reap the fruit of our labour over our babies in Jesus name, Amen

i hope i get to catch up with you in November @firsttymum, i wont mind rendering omugwo services free cheesy

FinanceFitness:
Please go ahead, should be easy for you since you were honest last year and ended up not going. Just book his own appointment and have your usual proof ready - plus explanation on why you couldn't go again.

If not personal, can you please share why you didn't go again?

Passport in your maiden name is fine. A very long time ago - 10yrs a friend going with a toddler was asked to come with proof of being the mother. So you can take the birth certificate, if your name is your current name there, include advert for change of name and marriage certificate, if you have preggy pictures, naming pictures, newborn and other family photos, please take them along too, they may want to sight them.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
Omo! thank you dear. my head done full. cheesy grin

firsttymum:
check the fcmb opposite Jevinic.... If they don't have... Just drive towards abuloma road... That one must have. Then d one at spar (Park n shop) just didn't wanna drive all d way there. But told her I wld tell my friends. Her name is Ann... Looks like she's d one in charge.

The one on abuloma road... Collect the man's number...Nd force him to save ur number. He needs to get approval... So u keep calling him to know when he's done with the approval.

Collect the number of the person in charge of the pta. In these 3 branches

Then access bank at YKC as if u r going to alcon road woji. Access bank starts giving after 10am.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
QueenWest:

I guess access bnk hs stopped selling too

The exch rate for travelex at the airport is 197 if you include the 3.5% commission it comes to 203.8. This has been the rate for over 2months. Caution though, if you bank all out on travelex, you might get to the airport on your departure date only to find out they don't have dollars. They also prefer you come with your physical cash.

What I did in gathering up some of my dollars for my trip, abt 12k now is to use up my family and friends PTA allowances who are traveling and do not have need for it

I intend getting my own PTA allowance, that's 4k from sterling or access bank this week. These two banks are still selling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by noffy1: 2:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
[quote author=Genieee post=38618711][/quote]

I sent you a mail this morning but you have not replied

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 3:14pm On Oct 05, 2015
neks31:

These airlines aren't smiling o! Pls can anybody point me to an airline doing promo or discount!! BA is 540k or maybe I'm seeing double! Arik is relatively fair but I'm traveling with a 4 yrs old diva n moving her from flight to flight will be a major challenge for my bloated sef! Sone1 Epp me pls.

Check AF /Delta, or ask ur agent to check for u, esp if u are so sure of ur date..My agent just got a good deal for me
All d best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shanaka29: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
julzz:
Hi everyone, here goes my poe story. Flew united to houston on 1st oct landed 5am their time

Cbp- Sit down,so what are you here for.
Me- vacation and to have my baby.
Cbp- you can not be vacationing and also having a baby, vacation is going to the beach,club blab blab....so come out straight with me.
Me- Since baby is not due till nov,i was going to sight see....
Cbp- cuts me, you are to have a baby,cos I can see that already (looking at his system)
Me- (smiles)ok, im here to have my baby.
Cbp- better,so why did you choose to have your baby here?
Me- because US ranks top in obstetric care(got that line on Nairaland).
Cbp- (looks at my passport) but you were born in Nigeria in 198- and i know since you were born till date, the health care there must have improved.
Me- I just want the best for my baby.

Cbp- No,you want the citizenship for you baby that's your primary reason .
Me- No,that's my secondary reason,i want the best health care for us.

This POE thing is getting really scary undecided. I'm about to use houston in two weeks with my mother.
To the question "why are you here?" I plan to answer: "to have my baby", period.
But i don't know how to handle the why in the USA? I guess the "better health care system" argument does not work in my case. I live in Belgium...
What do you recommend ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
firsttymum:
flood o. It has been declared state of emergency.
The houses are submerged in the flood. People are being evacuated in boats

Dats sad... dia racism dre is too much sef
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
firsttymum:
have u checked United? Delta?

I've not o! Haven't used them before, thanks lemme check
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
Popri:

Check AF /Delta, or ask ur agent to check for u, esp if u are so sure of ur date..My agent just got a good deal for me
All d best

Wow lemme tell them! My mind didn't go there! But I'm trying to avoid HOUSTON as much as possible! Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
nefertitiram:

They only need yout boarding pass and passport. For all my trips since 2009, i have never bought from bank only from travelex
Please what is the maximum amount one can change?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2015
shanaka29:

This POE thing is getting really scary undecided. I'm about to use houston in two weeks with my mother.
To the question "why are you here?" I plan to answer: "to have my baby", period.
But i don't know how to handle the why in the USA? I guess the "better health care system" argument does not work in my case. I live in Belgium...
What do you recommend ?

IMO, if u can pinpoint a bad experience u have had at belgium or a particular test they don't run in belgium, u say its cos u wanna get the test done or cos of the bad experience, say u wan avoid stories that touch cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
mrsoje:
thanks to all Finance Fitness, :Ladyguinivere, firsttymum i was at the embassy on wed 30th of Sept, my daughter visa interview was a success. it was granted after my passport booklet and birth certificate was sighted. Houston enroute late nov to early dec.

i hope i get to catch up with you in November @firsttymum, i wont mind rendering omugwo services free cheesy

Abeg do dey come.... Lol. Wish you a successful POE. Congratulations darling

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2015
tosinajib:
Please what is the maximum amount one can change?
bta is 5k nd pta is 4k.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
dyout:
Omo! thank you dear. my head done full. cheesy grin
lol... U r welcome
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 5:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
For those using oakbend, you can register and pay at the Jackson Street campus as well if it's closer to you. I called the William way campus and was told I can do the registration and payment in JACKSON Street and it will still reflect in their system. I just did.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
Cuteaidomo:
Good day all, pls has any mom used Emirates recently? Wouldn't mind some experience sharing to reconfirm the info on their website. Are they preggy- friendly? Awaiting responses. Thanks.

I flew emirates at 33 weeks from Lagos to Dallas. I only had to present my fit to fly which was written when I was 32weeks+. No further questions were asked and I had no issues with them. The hostesses doted on me while on board, always checking on me bringing me water to stay hydrated and kept asking if I needed anything else. Besides the fact that the journey was really long and tiring, it was a pleasant experience over all. I'm not sure what else you want to know.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
ozycy:
For those using oakbend, you can register and pay at the Jackson Street campus as well if it's closer to you. I called the William way campus and was told I can do the registration and payment in JACKSON Street and it will still reflect in their system. I just did.
is it Laurie that'll register and accept payment or where? And that thing about registering and paying one month to due date or else u won't enjoy the package isn't true?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MiddyO(f): 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2015
firsttymum:
u need ur boarding pass.

I stand corrected.

Ensure u av asked all ur banks. I mean their regional headquarters. and the big branches too.

Fcmb regional HQ didn't av dollars, was asked to wait for some days..., it was one of their big branches dt had nd gave me same day.

Thanks, I know you need your boarding pass, but just want to make sure of availability before my actual travel date. I have asked tire o! Was banking on Fidelity, I even opened the account for that reason, but no luck!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MiddyO(f): 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2015
jayjay4lyf:

Exactly, happened to me o, after I had physically gone to the airport, they said oh they don't do bank transfer nor online banking, so couldn't buy that day only for me to bring cash on d day of travelling which was like 2 days later for dem to tell me no dollars angry [sup][/sup] cry had no choice den but to buy @223 from BDC, so annoying, so pls sort it out before date of travel o

Wow imagine! Tx for the info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Cuteaidomo: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
Terese69:

I flew emirates at 33 weeks from Lagos to Dallas. I only had to present my fit to fly which was written when I was 32weeks+. No further questions was asked and I had no issues with them. The hostesses doted on me while on board, always checking on me bringing me water to stay hydrated and kept asking if I needed anything else. Besides the fact that the journey was really long and tiring, it was a pleasant experience over all. I'm not sure what else you want to know.

Thanks Terese69. Am very ok with your response. God bless you dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MiddyO(f): 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nasadiva:

Yes only pp n ticket. I did first bank transfer to their first bank account downstairs.

This was September, as per bank transfer to Travelex, will go there myself to confirm and give feedback.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tejudollar(f): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
Good day all. I need an advice, travelled to united states and was stamped the normal 6 months stay at the immigration point. Later directed for secondary inspection where my bags were searched and my fitness of stay was found which showed i was 22 weeks pregnant and since i planned returning back in two weeks time.
I told the officer i was, fortunately i wasnt turned back but he reduced mi stay to one month. During my stay, i had an issue that made me to see a doc who told me to stay off stress and rest well. My host and hubby are suggesting i stay back to deliver. but dnt know how to go about, where to go to show that i can pay the bills and the doctor report and all. Because also the cons of overstaying the limited stay to give birth here. Wuld appreciate you can all advice me on what to do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
tejudollar:
Good day all. I need an advice, travelled to united states and was stamped the normal 6 months stay at the immigration point. Later directed for secondary inspection where my bags were searched and my fitness of stay was found which showed i was 22 weeks pregnant and since i planned returning back in two weeks time.
I told the officer i was, fortunately i wasnt turned back but he reduced mi stay to one month. During my stay, i had an issue that made me to see a doc who told me to stay off stress and rest well. My host and hubby are suggesting i stay back to deliver. but dnt know how to go about, where to go to show that i can pay the bills and the doctor report and all. Because also the cons of overstaying the limited stay to give birth here. Wuld appreciate you can all advice me on what to do.

22 weeks? Leave and come back at 32 weeks. Prepare well for your return. Tell them the truth at point of entry armed with your dr's correspondence, and plenty CASH

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LI(m): 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
Quick question please:

For those who had their interview in Abuja, is there any place to keep your personal belongings, phone etc? We are going straight to the embassi from the airport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by deeore: 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2015
I don port o...in d spirit of giving back,i arrived the usa on d 5th of october,i flew airfrance with a stopover of less dan 0ne hour,was an uneventful trip except d food was not nice.
Fastforward to jfk,queue wasnt so long...heres my transcript...
Me: goodmorning...
Cbp: no response
Cbp:wat are u here 4
Me:vacation n childbirth
Cbp:how many days?
Me:days for childbirth. ..i said 13weeks for childbirth
Cbp: ohh childbirth...y do u want to ve ur baby in d us
Me: i had a bad experience wif first baby...so i wanted something better
Cbp:whose paying?
Me:am goin to pay
Cbp: pls hold on n gimme a sec
After a while..he goes off n den comes back n says his taking me in for secondary inspection n d yeye guy was smiling wif me o...
Got dere sat..it was just me...den i was called...
Cbp2:y u here
Me: gave same reason i gave first cbp
Cbp:whose paying,i replied by saying me
Cbp:says hw much..i told him 6733dollars
He asked for my return ticket,gave him...he asked if i informed d us embassy ...i said yes n asked if he wantd to c d mail...he said not to worry.
He called d first cbp n told him he had no reason to limit me that the way i ve spoken has convinced him n he believes......he said since i wud be leavin d states on d 30th of dec...den stamped me till 1st of jan 2016...na so i carry ma body comot to agric..dey scanned my luggage n den asked me to go...on ma way to agric one of d cbp was jokin wif n asked if na boy or gal n said its gonna be a boy....am in staten island nau wif ma 2nd sis waitin for my docs app in jersey...wud be in jersey wif ma 3rd sis 4 delivery. Dats my story...sorry its not detailed...am tired.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
For previous el Paso moms,whose hubby wasn't around for baby's delivery...

Where did you get the consent form notarized?embassy or court?

For those whose hubby wasn't around even in Nigeria,how did you notarize the form?

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.