Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892235 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by AyaSho(f): 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
Pls for those in MIHS or have used the hospital, please what is the distance between legacy suite and the hospital.
Secondly, Is the suite furnished.
Kindly throw more light to this
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 9:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
@Sayoberry ,MadameU, Hopefulme and every mum who has given birth i say congratulations. Hope to hear more of such good news in no distant future. Max by summer 2015 may you be searching cheap tickets and cheap hospitals again. grin

@Kizluv....whats the update on st louis missouri? I thought this page will be filled with Missouri discussions by now as my people no dey carry last?

@Shawbabe and other Atlanta mums....How is Atlanta treating you, i believe you must have put to bed by now.

@Shagaman and Virtousdiva....hope you are back home from el paso.

@Soulcare Concierge...congratulations on the hoisting of your website by nairaland. I believe people should be able to discuss you freely now and the PMs seeking information on you will reduce.

Trying to read through to check on everyone so if i didnt mention your name please pardon me and accept my congratulations still.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
http://distancecalculator.globefeed.com/US_Distance_Calculator.asp

This link helps to calculate distance between two places in the US only. Type the places and it will bring out a dropdown of options,chose one. Den click on get distance & direction.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by pattyreal(f): 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
AyaSho:
Pls for those in MIHS or have used the hospital, please what is the distance between legacy suite and the hospital.
Secondly, Is the suite furnished.
Kindly throw more light to this
Thanks a lot

I stay @ legacy & so far d place is Ook 4 mi. Dunno ur kind of preference. It has furnished & unfurnished. I stay in d furnished apartment which has a tv, microwave, gas cooker, wardrobes, kitchen cabinets. Its a mind ur business place. D dist by bus is lk an hour cos of d way d bus stops @ every busstop 2 pick up pple. Bt we try 2 mk it early 4 our appointments @ MIHS. So u hv 2 leave on time. D bus ride 4 a day is just $4. Wit dat u can use it 2 go 2 diff locations of ur choice. Bt d $4 xpires dat day. Bt if u want 2 use cab. U budget $60. I used d cab 4certain issues lk emergency 2 d hosp, during labour or pp office. Dats all I can tell now. If I remember anytin i'll let u knw.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 10:36pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hello good people of Nairaland....

Could someone please tell me of any extended stay accommodation or short lease in Sugarland or Katy.... particularly a place with close proximity to Houston Methodist Hospital.

Many many thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bloggerina: 10:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
Lollllz

Nefertitiram & Drafrican are at it again! Kontinu! All this grammar you are sharing...

I don laugh tire!

Everybody una doh oh. Congrats to all the new mamas et all

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2015
Thanks ozycy! Its a private arrangement. Right now its not available because my friend will be taking over when i leave. yes it is less than 15mins to walmart, ross and many other stores. My doc charged 1600. Baby sykes( dr zimmerman) For transportation, i used yellow cab for most of my trips cos the hospital and docs office were also about 15mins from the house. The environment was and is very safe. [/quote]

Hi Nomanii, would you be kind enough to give me details for the accommodation you used. I'm planning to go in September by Gods Grace.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 10:55pm On Mar 22, 2015
nomanicole:
Hi everyone,
This is to give back as i got every info from this wonderful site..i am set to leave for naija next week. I got in thru atlanta in dec, i flew delta. came in with my mum.
I stayed in cypress, and paid 1800 for my entire stay. From dec 11th till date. I had my babyboy on january 27th at mwhh
my doc fee 1600,
circumcision 250,
lab 70,
the hospital 3100..(this covered for my boy's bill at the hospital.
Epidural 750
newborn check up 310 while at the hospital
i had an uncomplicated vaginal delivery.( Glory be to God)
i had one false labour and was billed 93dollars for that.

I got my baby's bc 3days after i had my baby, then got his passport this week monday(same day)thru the passport agency downtown.
Note: you have to show proof of travel within14days.

I just received his passport this morning,i sent it to edwin(edventure) for visa on wednesday it cost me 350 and 90 dollars to mail.

I used dr neal grossman for my baby's 2days and one month check up &hep vaccine and i think it cost me approx 400dollars. I have collected all receipts and zero bals where necessary. I had my 6weeks post natal check up & i paid 30dollars for pap smear test.

Thank you all so much. To those yet to apply for visa,those about to travel, those waiting to pop and those of us about to go back to naija. I wish us all God's unshaking grace.

Hiya, please send details for the accommodation you used. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drafrican: 11:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
bloggerina:
Lollllz

Nefertitiram & Drafrican are at it again! Kontinu! All this grammar you are sharing...

I don laugh tire!

Everybody una doh oh. Congrats to all the new mamas et all
My dear at it ke
Me no get time for person wey suppose be on
Antidepressant and missed her dose!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drafrican: 11:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
MamaTobenna:
Compression socks are not for every one. I bought one but did not use it coz my doctor said I didn't need to because I never had swollen feet thru my preg and had no history of high bp. He strongly recommended drinking gallons of water and walking around every hour as much as possible which helped a lot. So pls consult ur doc if u are sure he knows his salt and then mKe up your mind on whether to wear or not.
Not very likely to be comfortable moving about every hour (you'll probably fall asleep or just too lazy to do this) imagine 4 preggies on a flight
Drinking gallons of water means peeing loads of times(and fitting into the small convenience )
So if these aren't things you are gonna do the least is to wear compression socks which are not just for swollen feet but also to prevent the risk of blood clotting in you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adiahabasi: 12:36am On Mar 23, 2015
drafrican:

Not very likely to be comfortable moving about every hour (you'll probably fall asleep or just too lazy to do this) imagine 4 preggies on a flight
Drinking gallons of water means peeing loads of times(and fitting into the small convenience )
So if these aren't things you are gonna do the least is to wear compression socks which are not just for swollen feet but also to prevent the risk of blood clotting in you.

OK,compression socks are good, they may help to prevent blood clots which may lead to throwing an embolus and in the worst case scenario death!
I actually saw compression socks in a chemist @ shoprite in Ibadan (the shoprite not far from oluyole estate,can't rem wat that area is called,not an IB person)I didn't buy it cos i felt it was over priced at 8k and i didn't feel i needed it.
I didn't wear any on my 13hr united flight to houston, drank water a lot, sat 3 rows from the rest room and probably visited it about 5-6 times, walked round the plane just once!I had no pedal oedema, was 35weeks. But it's not the same for everyone,some are more prone to oedema than others, and ur medical history matters...
@drafrican, take it easy wt ur med advice, make them go see their O&G docs if they need advice, this is not the med section na,haba! Before we know it we'll have 10 pages filled wt unwarranted insults.
@Nerf u don't hv to sound so aggressive to make or drive ur point home, we know pregy hormones are raging but my dear almost everyone on this thread too is pregy,so take it slow!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by pattyreal(f): 12:46am On Mar 23, 2015
I didn't use compression socks wen travelln bt I used it aftr birth in d hosp. I had a csection so dey told mi it was gud 2 prevent blood cloth which culd lead 2 high bp. So I tink 4 a long flight it's rili necessary. I dn't c anytin wrong wit Drafrican's advise, she made a comment if u feel u want 2 knw more den ask ur gynea. I heard about compression socks here 4 d 1st time. I askd ma gynea & he said ma bp has been normal & i've ny had issues or history ofg swollen feet. Dis may nt apply 2 evrybodi. So always ask ur doc who knws ur history.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 2:55am On Mar 23, 2015
(CNN)When Longmont, Colorado, police officers Billy Sawyer and Phil Piotrowski responded to a 911 call from a pregnant woman who was stabbed and had her fetus ripped out, they weren't prepared for what they would see.

"She was covered from head to toe in blood," Sawyer told CNN affiliate KDVR. "So I put some gloves on and held her hand and went through where her injuries were ... trying to figure out exactly what we had."

Michelle Wilkins was weak and in shock when the officers arrived.

"I started yelling and Michelle yelled back, very faintly, and it was muffled -- 'Help me! Help me!'" Sawyer said.

The grisly cutting of the fetus from Wilkins began when she responded to a Craigslist ad about baby clothes for sale.

Pregnant woman stabbed after answering Craigslist ad 02:03
The 26-year old Wilkins, who was seven months' pregnant, arrived at the seller's home Wednesday in Longmont. Stabbed in the stomach and bleeding, Wilkins called 911.

The scene was almost too much for Piotrowski to bear. He had to take a moment to collect himself.

"When I walked in and looked at her for a short moment, I actually had to walk out for a second because my head wasn't able to wrap around it."

Still, given what the 26-year-old woman had endured, it left him impressed.

"She is probably one of the strongest people I've ever had the pleasure to meet," Piotrowski said.

Michelle Wilkins' uncle Chris Wilkins said, "She's alive because professional first responders execute perfectly." But Piotrowski believes Wilkins is the one who "saved her own life."

The fetus died, but the mother survived and "is improving minute by minute, hour by hour," according to Chris Wilkins. She's reported to be in critical but stable condition.

Dynel Lane, 34, a former nurse aide, is being held on $2 million bail while prosecutors weigh charges against her, including murder. Lane is accused of stabbing Wilkins and removing a female fetus. The murder charge would reportedly depend on whether the fetus was old enough to have lived outside of her mother's body.

In a statement obtained by KDVR, Michelle Wilkins' family says, "We cannot begin to fathom the depths of depravity and evil which drove her attacker, and trust that between law enforcement and our legal system; they will make sure justice is carried out."
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 3:43am On Mar 23, 2015
:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MadameU: 4:20am On Mar 23, 2015
[quote author=Zozokuzo142 post=31888777][/b]

MadamU pls feel me in on more. I want my wife to deliver at MIHS. How is the hospital and which of the places did you stay. I want my wife to go with her mother so i will prefer a comfortable place for them both.
How are u doing with your baby? Gods infinite blessing shall be upon U and your child. I will really appreciate your help if u can take me thru birthing at MIHS Phoenix smiley it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a whole lot. God bless

Thanks Bros please PM me will give you the full load down,I've tried to do same so we can talk more.i am doing great, so is my fab LO. In the mean time please visit MIHS website, and have a look at the Non resident Maternity package agreement. If in doubt of any of the points you could also holla.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 4:27am On Mar 23, 2015
nefertitiram:

Please don't start a scare here. 'Experienced' doctors prescribe LOW DOSE aspirin for their hypertensive or high risk pre eclampsia patients, biko! Next thing, high risk mamas will draw conclusion from your advice.

Lol, I was on Vasoprin ( low dose aspirin ) till 34 weeks, same with my first pregnancy...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 5:00am On Mar 23, 2015
Tvegas:

@Kizluv....whats the update on st louis missouri? I thought this page will be filled with Missouri discussions by now as my people no dey carry last.

Nice of you to even check up on us, Lol, Nairalanders called the doctors office in millions and now it's like they have increased their price to $1000 for delivery (another NL'nder told me today) I am here waiting for baby to come , babies rent has almost expired, I would give detailed update soon..

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Bmahn: 5:15am On Mar 23, 2015
babs4all:
Good morning all. I have booked an appointment with the US Embassy in Abuja on April 1st for visa interview. My wife want to give birth in the States. Myself, wife and kid will be interviewed. Please I need advice from those that have used Abuja recently especially those that want to go and give birth. thanks
It's just God favour.we were interviewed like 2weeks ago. they gave 99% of ppl dat came with their family. We weren't asked much questions.. They didn't if ask what we were going there to do and if my wife was pregnant. Just b positive

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:27am On Mar 23, 2015
Nogen:
(CNN)When Longmont, Colorado, police officers Billy Sawyer and Phil Piotrowski responded to a 911 call from a pregnant woman who was stabbed and had her fetus ripped out, they weren't prepared for what they would see.

"She was covered from head to toe in blood," Sawyer told CNN affiliate KDVR. "So I put some gloves on and held her hand and went through where her injuries were ... trying to figure out exactly what we had."

Michelle Wilkins was weak and in shock when the officers arrived.

"I started yelling and Michelle yelled back, very faintly, and it was muffled -- 'Help me! Help me!'" Sawyer said.

The grisly cutting of the fetus from Wilkins began when she responded to a Craigslist ad about baby clothes for sale.

Pregnant woman stabbed after answering Craigslist ad 02:03
The 26-year old Wilkins, who was seven months' pregnant, arrived at the seller's home Wednesday in Longmont. Stabbed in the stomach and bleeding, Wilkins called 911.

The scene was almost too much for Piotrowski to bear. He had to take a moment to collect himself.

"When I walked in and looked at her for a short moment, I actually had to walk out for a second because my head wasn't able to wrap around it."

Still, given what the 26-year-old woman had endured, it left him impressed.

"She is probably one of the strongest people I've ever had the pleasure to meet," Piotrowski said.

Michelle Wilkins' uncle Chris Wilkins said, "She's alive because professional first responders execute perfectly." But Piotrowski believes Wilkins is the one who "saved her own life."

The fetus died, but the mother survived and "is improving minute by minute, hour by hour," according to Chris Wilkins. She's reported to be in critical but stable condition.

Dynel Lane, 34, a former nurse aide, is being held on $2 million bail while prosecutors weigh charges against her, including murder. Lane is accused of stabbing Wilkins and removing a female fetus. The murder charge would reportedly depend on whether the fetus was old enough to have lived outside of her mother's body.

In a statement obtained by KDVR, Michelle Wilkins' family says, "We cannot begin to fathom the depths of depravity and evil which drove her attacker, and trust that between law enforcement and our legal system; they will make sure justice is carried out."

Warrisdis!!! shocked Craigslist again! On a serious note, this is an important point, especially for those looking for accomodation. Please avoid craigslist. Full of crazies!

@bolded If it was Naija now, our doctors will ask for police report first before treating (making reference to Aisha Mustapha)

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:29am On Mar 23, 2015
Adiahabasi:

OK,compression socks are good, they may help to prevent blood clots which may lead to throwing an embolus and in the worst case scenario death!
I actually saw compression socks in a chemist @ shoprite in Ibadan (the shoprite not far from oluyole estate,can't rem wat that area is called,not an IB person)I didn't buy it cos i felt it was over priced at 8k and i didn't feel i needed it.
I didn't wear any on my 13hr united flight to houston, drank water a lot, sat 3 rows from the rest room and probably visited it about 5-6 times, walked round the plane just once!I had no pedal oedema, was 35weeks. But it's not the same for everyone,some are more prone to oedema than others, and ur medical history matters...
@drafrican, take it easy wt ur med advice, make them go see their O&G docs if they need advice, this is not the med section na,haba! Before we know it we'll have 10 pages filled wt unwarranted insults.
@Nerf u don't hv to sound so aggressive to make or drive ur point home, we know pregy hormones are raging but my dear almost everyone on this thread too is pregy,so take it slow!

grin@raging hormones #angrybirds
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Bmahn: 7:57am On Mar 23, 2015
olokings:

Greetings shamecurls.
Please if u may. .can u tell me which hospital u used in Dallas as well as their prices and further advice me in accommodation.
My wife is due Sept. .flight tickets bought n all. .buh yet to conclude in hospital and accommodation. 
Thanks
My wife is also due in sept.. bros eh u don start nw dey pay for flight ticket? Abeg which airline u use and which city she wan go
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 8:48am On Mar 23, 2015
drafrican:

pls if you don't mind me asking, what's the difference between this compression socks and pop socks? I saw it at Healthplus the other day and they said the price is 6.5k shocked The thing looks so ordinary and I couldn't understand how it works cos it looked so much like the pop socks I wore those days in primary school cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by pattyreal(f): 9:11am On Mar 23, 2015
IyawoToBe:
pls if you don't mind me asking, what's the difference between this compression socks and pop socks? I saw it at Healthplus the other day and they said the price is 6.5k shocked The thing looks so ordinary and I couldn't understand how it works cos it looked so much like the pop socks I wore those days in primary school cheesy

D one I wore in d hosp is quite warm, abit hot sha. Its meant 2 prevent clotting & swelling of d feet. It was kool 4 mi cos ma room was a bit cold cos of d central ac in d hosp
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SleekFullah(f): 9:25am On Mar 23, 2015
ROTFL @ angry birds...please mamas no quarrelling abeg. May God bless each and every ones positive hustle.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 9:28am On Mar 23, 2015
pattyreal:

D one I wore in d hosp is quite warm, abit hot sha. Its meant 2 prevent clotting & swelling of d feet. It was kool 4 mi cos ma room was a bit cold cos of d central ac in d hosp
ok. I will 'close eye'cheesy and get it then.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 9:49am On Mar 23, 2015
drafrican:

Like I said u should take antidepressants
And it's obvious you can read and not comprehend
Secondly this bad Nigerian doctors that can't manage preterm asked you to use aspirin and you did!
Men go get a life!
And am proud to be a native doctor as your grandma delivered with one grin

Good morning Mama africa,

Pls just let it go, it is good to ignore some comments ( it is called maturity). just ignore anything you feel you can, it saves you time of typing, answering etc. Time is money abeg.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 10:10am On Mar 23, 2015
kizluv:

Nice of you to even check up on us, Lol, Nairalanders called the doctors office in millions and now it's like they have increased their price to $1000 for delivery (another NL'nder told me today) I am here waiting for baby to come , babies rent has almost expired, I would give detailed update soon..

Lol! Well 1k is still ok but we hope it stops at that....waiting to hear good news soon....we all waiting for u
Stay strong!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oluwafunkenny: 10:50am On Mar 23, 2015
@iyawotobe and those in Ibadan- Compression socks is just 3k @ Kunle Ara. Thanks to Domrita for checking the place, even postage won't amount to 3500.

[quote author=IyawoToBe post=31908496] I saw it at Healthplus the other day and they said the price is 6.5k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 11:30am On Mar 23, 2015
oluwafunkenny:
@iyawotobe and those in Ibadan- Compression socks is just 3k @ Kunle Ara. Thanks to Domrita for checking the place, even postage won't amount to 3500.

cheesy Ijebu people plenty for this thread o. grin Pls can you post a snapshot of the brand you got? The one I saw at healthplus is made by "Scholl" or something

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.