Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892236 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mrsmo: 2:05am On Mar 25, 2015
hopefulme:
Please,if you are a mom who gave birth to triplet and used dr FF,kindly please contact tanko ASAP,your Nigerian visas are ready but there is no return envelope to send the back to you.

Good evening. Kindly help me with Tanko's number. Need to apply for my baby's visa. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 5:37am On Mar 25, 2015
Airpure:

You can have it done at most JC penny stores.

Not maternity shoots, that's the one jc penny does. The birth photographer covers from labour through delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 5:38am On Mar 25, 2015
zeezahbee:
i know someone. you can send me a pm

Thanks. Pm sent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 6:15am On Mar 25, 2015
mrsmo:

Good evening. Kindly help me with Tanko's number. Need to apply for my baby's visa. Thanks

The visa is so expensive now. It's double what it was 3 years ago... Has anyone collected Nigerian passport for their child or children from Ny house please let me know.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:35am On Mar 25, 2015
[quote author=AyaSho post=31967129][/quote]

And you don't want to pass through new York?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by AyaSho(f): 8:03am On Mar 25, 2015
nefertitiram:

And you don't want to pass through new York?
I can. I have sent you a pm. Pls reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 8:05am On Mar 25, 2015
kizluv:
Hi everyone,
I got a PM from one if us the other day saying she was told 1k for my same doctor @ mobap, today again another PM, different person saying 1, 100 i know it's not bad compared to other doctors , but please let's negotiate. If we dont, it will keep rising o, I am not affected as I already paid my 800, and this is probably my last bus stop. (Aka we dai close our shop , we no do again) but others are coming in behind us , let's not allow them use us.

Hi Kizluv,

Could you please send me contact details for Mobap... I've sent them messages via their website but they've not responded.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Girlmummy: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2015
Hello Guys,

Please who has used Dr. Fares in New Jersey?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:51am On Mar 25, 2015
AyaSho:

I can. I have sent you a pm. Pls reply

Hello dear,
I have responded
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slanliz007(f): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2015
Congratulations @ Gracydee on ur successful poe story. Please we would like to hear more stories especially from Houston POE, or are people rerouting through other poe's, lol. We take solace and build our confidence from successful poe stories and may it continue to be so by God's grace.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nomanicole(f): 9:38am On Mar 25, 2015
domrita:
hi evry1.....una good evening ooooo. pls oo am arguing with my friend presently?is it true that some hospitals in houston give out breast pumps as part of their freebies?

Yes its true...i got one. I had my baby in houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nomanicole(f): 9:44am On Mar 25, 2015
mrsmo:
Good afternoon. Can any one confirm how many hours was spent at the passport office downtown Houston to procure baby's passport. Need to know so I can plan adequately. Someone told me 6 hours. So need to confirm from people that processed recently. thanks a bunch in advance.

I booked for an 8:30 (monday), i got there at about 9am due to traffic jam..finally submitted my forms and was asked to come back on wednesday. I told him i needed to apply for visa so he said..the best he cud do for me was 2:30pm..so i went down to the cafe( ground floor) and waited. Ur best bet is go by 8am so you are sure by 2pm you are done
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nomanicole(f): 9:54am On Mar 25, 2015
Please for those who used dr neal grossman as paeditrician..did you take your baby to him at one month? If you did, please is it only the hep B shot ur baby got? Bcause im getting conflicting gist from friends saying i shudnt give my baby penta 1 etc here in naija...because the paed has already given him that they dont use the same vaccine names we use in naija ..the peaditrician didnt write anyother thing except hep B- ..... pls i need advice. I need to immunize my baby and i dont want to over dose him as well...to be on the safe side.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Doaahassan: 10:31am On Mar 25, 2015
Hi,,
Do anyone here have idea if the hospital provides milk for the new baby for free or not?? this is in case of mum can't breastfeed him.
Thanks

Tvegas:
@Sayoberry ,MadameU, Hopefulme and every mum who has given birth i say congratulations. Hope to hear more of such good news in no distant future. Max by summer 2015 may you be searching cheap tickets and cheap hospitals again. grin

@Kizluv....whats the update on st louis missouri? I thought this page will be filled with Missouri discussions by now as my people no dey carry last?

@Shawbabe and other Atlanta mums....How is Atlanta treating you, i believe you must have put to bed by now.

@Shagaman and Virtousdiva....hope you are back home from el paso.

@Soulcare Concierge...congratulations on the hoisting of your website by nairaland. I believe people should be able to discuss you freely now and the PMs seeking information on you will reduce.

Trying to read through to check on everyone so if i didnt mention your name please pardon me and accept my congratulations still.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nomanicole(f): 11:02am On Mar 25, 2015
[quote author=Doaahassan post=31982306][b]Hi,,
Do anyone here have idea if the hospital provides milk for the new baby for free or not?? this is in case of mum can't breastfeed him.
Thanks

yes they do..because they know not everyone's breast milk flows immediately. And they also know 1st time moms wud have latching problems etc...they give you milk during your stay and if you are lucky..you get some to take home

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lesplus1: 12:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Newmum0615:
Which airline please?

It's multiple carriers. Delta and Klm. Got it from travelstart. Though am regretting booking through them after reading about their rip off on date change. I pray I wont need to change my travelling date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl03: 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
toparie:

Same here I called them and they said 1100,they even knew I was calling from nigeria.

Hi Kizluv,

Could you please send me contact details for Mobap... I've sent them messages via their website but they've not responded.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ojsimsim: 1:46pm On Mar 25, 2015
Please has any one flown klm, please share your experience.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 2:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
Terese69:
I applied to renew my B1/B2 visa via drop box last week. I just got an email from the embassy asking me to come for an interview. Should I be scared? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any tips/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Yaaaaayyy!!! Help me Thank God oooo my amazing NL family. My interview went well and my visa has been approved for renewal. Thanks to everyone who advised and encouraged me. I'm so grateful.

Interview transcript coming up shortly. Let me get home first and treat myself to a large cup of smoothie.... lol

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MamaTobenna: 2:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
Terese69:

Yaaaaayyy!!! Help me Thank God oooo my amazing NL family. My interview went well and my visa has been approved for renewal. Thanks to everyone who advised and encouraged me. I'm so grateful.

Interview transcript coming up shortly. Let me get home first and treat myself to a large cup of smoothie.... lol
. Congrats
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
ojsimsim:

Yes, I used KLM. Flight was very ok. U wil go thru some kind of screening and interview at Amsterdam as regards your reason for travelling. Delta flight frm Amsterdam to US was superb. Too much food...lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ojsimsim: 3:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
MamaTobenna:
. Congrats

thanks Feddy27 this info was really helpful.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by AyaSho(f): 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
nefertitiram:

Hello dear,
I have responded

Didn't get your response.
Have sent you another pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ojsimsim: 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
any elpaso mom for july please connect.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
So this is how my interview went...

VO: Good afternoon
Me: Good afternoon
VO: We called you for an interview because we noticed that your circumstances have changed since your last interview.
Me: Ok.
VO: How many times did you use your last visa?
Me: Twice. Once last year and once in 2013
VO: What's the purpose of your trip this time?
Me: I'm going on vacation with my mum as well as to have my baby.
VO: Oh. So you are pregnant?
Me: Yes I am
VO: Congratulations
Me: Thanks
VO: Is this your first pregnancy?
Me: Yes
VO: Nice. Why Texas?
Me: Because I have family there. My Aunty lives in Dallas
VO: Do you have any correspondence from a doctor?
Me: Yes I do.
VO: Can I see it?
Me: Sure (Handed over my email correspondence and service cost list from Dr. Fagbohun)
Me: Oh and here's my budget and cost estimate based on my discussion with the doctor (Handing over my budget sheet and bank statements.... I almost forgot to do this)
VO: Ok. Why did you choose this Dr?  (she was talking while carefully scrutinising my bank statements)
Me: Because he has the best reviews of all the doctors I have spoken to and based on the feedback I got from his past patients I have confidence in his service
VO: Will you be living with your Aunty in Dallas?
Me: Yes I will for the time I am in Dallas but will live in a rented apartment when I move over to Houston for my baby's delivery
VO: Ok. How long will you be staying?
Me: About 2 months and 2 weeks.
VO: Ok. And what do you do for work?
Me: I work as a **** for *****
VO: How long have you been working there?
Me: 3 years
VO: And what's your monthly income?
Me: ****
VO: Will you be funding this trip yourself?
Me: Yes I will. However I'm married now so I have the support of my husband if need be
VO: When did you get married
Me: **** last year
VO: What does your husband do
Me: He's a ****** with ****
VO: Do you know how much your husband earns monthly
Me: Yes I do. He earns between **** and **** after tax a month
VO: You mean US Dollars?
Me: Yes US Dollars
VO: Oh. Where does he work again?
Me: He works for *****
VO: Oh! Ok. Make sure you take all these documents with you to the POE. The POE officers are very particular about them and you may be asked to show proof to back up your claims.
Me: Yes I will.
VO: Your visa has been approved. Have a great day.
Me: Thank you very much. You too.

The interview took less than 10 mins. Thank God gor grace and thanks to everyone who encouraged and gave me confidence by sharing their experiences and contributing to this thread. Especially those who took time out to respond to my questions. You guys are amazing!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 9jabiggurl: 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
Terese69:

VO: Good afternoon
Me: Good afternoon
VO: We called you for an interview because we noticed that your circumstances have changed since your last interview.
Me: Ok.
VO: How many times did you use your last visa?
You guys are amazing!

yipeee.....was waiting on your experience...Congrats...happy for you. All the best....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
9jabiggurl:

yipeee.....was waiting on your experience...Congrats...happy for you. All the best....

Thanks babe. I'm so happy and feel so relieved. Couldn't sleep last night o. I even dreamt that I made a mistake on my budget sheet and I woke up to realise that I actually did... lol... The fear of rejection!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kairi: 5:04pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hello my fellow ACIW!

I have landed Atlanta to God be the glory and thanks to the tips from you all. I had favor all the way and just want to share my POE experience.

I had prepared for the "infamous Atlanta" POE with great fear and trepidation - trusting God for favor and making sure I was ready with all documents- but still fearing secondary investigatin etc, I arrived on Friday, looked at all the CBP officers, no black person, no Latino. Hmmm,.mi started praying again. Long story short, I was sent to one middle aged white guy and the dude was not smiling, he did not even look at my face at first:

CBP: Why are you here?
Me: Vacation and to have my baby.
CBP: How do you intend to pay for that?
Me: self pay, I have some cash (told him how much), my debit cards (brought out my printed bank statements)
CBP: what arrangements have you made so far?
Me:I have a doctor and contacted the hospital as well.
CBP: have you paid for any of this yet?
Me: not yet, but that's because the doctors office said I will make the payments at my first visit (brought out my hospital correspondence).
CBP: so do you have any family or friends in Atlanta and where will you be staying?
Me: with my husbands Uncle and Aunt.
CBP: so what will you be doing while you are here?
Me: (in my mind - Oga, did you not hear me the first time?) I plan to have my baby while I am here. He nodded, so I quickly addedsight seeing, shopping, resting. He waited, I was blank oh! Then:
CBP: ok, that's it, you can go.

About 5 minutes all in all, and each time I brought out a document, he did not even bother to look at it, I guess he thought I was well prepared so...Atl the dreaded has been conquered!

One tip I think was important, I did not carry any food or anything to declare...I just felt there is no need to give them reason to call me to inner room, let our handshake no reach elbow, lol! There is lots of Nigerian food here if you have a craving, for gifts, I brought fabric instead. Depends on you though, o just remembered that my last journey BWI (Baltimore), it was after I passed the first guy that they started asks me questions, so no need.

Thanks for the tips and all guys.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lalavita: 5:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
Congrats!
Nothing to worry about. Grace, Honesty and being prepared!

Terese69:

The interview took less than 10 mins. Thank God gor grace and thanks to everyone who encouraged and gave me confidence by sharing their experiences and contributing to this thread. Especially those who took time out to respond to my questions. You guys are amazing!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
Terese69:

Hurayyyyyyy! Congrats,was particularly waiting for your testimony. So,so exited for you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kairi: 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2015
ojsimsim:

I came in on Friday via KLm, it was WONDERFUL! All the air hostesses kept stopping to ask if it was ok or needed anything, then they hung a KLM bib in front of my chair! Lol! The senior hostesses came and personally introduced themselves to me, to say that if I had any problems or needed anything, to let them know. Maybe they wanted to be sure I was not going to give birth on board lol!

Lagos to Amsterdam was nicer than Amsterdam to Us, but no issues at all and they did. It even ask for my fit to fly or ask me any questions when joining my connecting flight.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
dere5:

Hurayyyyyyy! Congrats,was particularly waiting for your testimony. So,so exited for you.

Thanks dere5. And thanks for your help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.