Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891691 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:11am On Apr 22, 2015
ozycy:
I didn't hear of this promo. Am still waiting for awoof promo ticket to buy.

Check out their website now, they sent a mail that they are slashing prices to some US locations. I bought on their website.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 2:15am On Apr 22, 2015
sayoberry:

Accommodation: I used soul care. the advert is on the page.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 2:17am On Apr 22, 2015
Accommodation: I used soul care. the advert is on the page.

[/quote]

Sayoberry, so sorry to take more of your time. I need you to share your experience at soul care. I have already sent my registration form to them. In fact, I am planning to pay the deposit fee tomorrow. If you can't write it here, I'll be sending a pm to you right now. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:27am On Apr 22, 2015
My people, my people,
Broadcasting live from Chicago. Omo! This is my first time of using Chicago POE, gangsta moves o!
Chicago people have no chill, and I finally know the reason why. They don't receive a lot of visitors with visas, so they have all the time in the world to spend with you. Most passengers are green card holders or have US passport.

So I flew KLM, from Lagos, it's like the entire Lagos was travelling that day. I'm 21 weeks and have been feeling like I have super duper energy.Mehn! The energy dropped from Lagos immigration. I didn't look preg, being plus sized, but was fagged by the time we boarded.
When KLM brought their tiny food, I had to confess to the air hostesses, at least to survive the 7 hours flight.
Stop over in amsterdam was 7hrs, I found one location and grabbed a good night sleep and enjoyed free wifi during the remaining time.
Flight from Amsterdam to chicago wasn't full, they ended up merging flights with delta but as a sharp babe, I had strategize that as soon as the seatbelt lights went off, I will make a mad dash for the empty rows at d back of the plane.
Also told to flight attendant my situation, the guy made sure I had a constant supply of food wink correct guy!

Flight was very bumpy, at a point, I remembered how Jesus slept when there was turbulence and by faith slept through it too. On approaching Chicago, hummnn, the winds were not friendly to the plane. I switched into full scale prayers!

Ok, time for POE, I had zeroed my mind dat Chicago was fire for fire, but had no idea they had correct skoin skoin.

I saw only myself walking to the visa holders section. I had selected a friendly looking guy to approach when an officer directed me to someone else. My heart cut small sha.
Come and see interview! Of all my trips to US, I have never had this sort of interview, I even thank God for giving me patience.

CBP: Hello ma'am
Me: Hello sir, how you doing?
CBP: where are you coming from?
Me: Lagos Nigeria
CBP: have you visited other West African countries?
Me: No, not at all.
CBP: so do you have kids, are you pregnant, are you expecting
Me: (silence). I did not expect this question o! I thought cos I wasn't showing, I was gonna scale through without a pregnancy conversation.
CBP asks again: Do you have kids.
Me: er... I had kids last year, but they died at birth
CBP: oh my God, this is so sad! I can imagine how you felt. What happened?
Me: It's a long story
CBP: don't worry you gonna have more kids. (He now checks my visa and sees that its about to expire) Oh, your visa is going to expire. How long do you want to stay here.
Me: A couple of weeks
CBP: what are you going to be busy? I see you are going to Los Angeles...
Me: (catching the humor) Grand Canyon
CBP: Hollywood
Me: Las Vegas
CBP: ohhh, you want to get yourself some Las Vegas
Me: smiling stupidly
CBP: ok, your visa is going to expire soon, but don't worry, (he stamps me in till october). So do you have food? Fruits, vegetables?
Me: I have herbs and spices, it's all dried and milled
CBP: You have any gifts?
Me: I have African hair extensions, it's the best I can do to give to family and friends.
CBP: How much do you have on you?
Me: $225
CBP: How do you expect to move around these places with $225?
Me: I have my cards, there was no way I was going to buy dollars in Nigeria, the exchange rate is crazy, I'd rather swipe my cards. (I actually bought the $200 for N218 per dollar at the airport! Haba!)
CBP: ok, here's your passport, enjoy your stay. (I couldn't wait to get out of there b4 he remembers I didn't answer his question)

On getting to customs, told dem I have food. They send me for secondary inspection, after scanning my bags, the officer goes, "there's no food in here". I'm like ok, my bad! And packs my load out of there. They were more preoccupied with one naija woman that brought in fresh vegetables without declaring.

That's my POE story o! In addition to favour, because I see God's favor here o, on how the guy stamped me in for 6mths with an about to expire passport. And I think he passed on the preg assumption because I wasn't showing and I am coming on an about to expire visa.
If you really need to avoid Chicago, abeg, try! I am still a fan of JFK POE in NY, due to their high influx of tourists and straightforward with no unnecessary questioning. Even after the 25 mins ordeal, there was no visa holder waiting for their turn.
So, here I am o! Will start my search for a hospital to use when I have recovered from jetlag

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 3:55am On Apr 22, 2015
nefertitiram:
My people, my people,
Broadcasting live from Chicago. Omo! This is my first time of using Chicago POE, gangsta moves o!
Chicago people have no chill, and I finally know the reason why. They don't receive a lot of visitors with visas, so they have all the time in the world to spend with you. Most passengers are green card holders or have US passport.

Hmm. Your story is very peculiar considering the fact that you've been a very active participant on this thread. You hardly followed any of the things we've been saying here. You are really a gangster! Why did you hide your pregnancy? One would have thought a guru like you would have been armed with enough burden of proof and you traveled with hardly any cash shocked. Na wa o. You really get liver. Anyway sha, congrats wink

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bosebabs(f): 4:36am On Apr 22, 2015
Hello all,am due in September to travel by August. Pls I need details of any good/cheap hospital/doctor in Virginia plssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 8:01am On Apr 22, 2015
nefertitiram:
My people, my people,

So I flew KLM, from Lagos, it's like the entire Lagos was travelling that day. I'm 21 weeks and have been feeling like I have super duper energy.Mehn! The energy dropped from Lagos immigration. I didn't look preg, being plus sized, but was fagged by the time we boarded.
When KLM brought their tiny food, I had to confess to the air hostesses, at least to survive the 7 hours flight.
Stop over in amsterdam was 7hrs, I found one location and grabbed a good night sleep and enjoyed free wifi during the remaining time.
Flight from Amsterdam to chicago wasn't full, they ended up merging flights with delta but as a sharp babe, I had strategize that as soon as the seatbelt lights went off, I will make a mad dash for the empty rows at d back of the plane.
Also told to flight attendant my situation, the guy made sure I had a constant supply of food wink correct guy!

Flight was very bumpy, at a point, I remembered how Jesus slept when there was turbulence and by faith slept through it too. On approaching Chicago, hummnn, the winds were not friendly to the plane. I switched into full scale prayers!

Ok, time for POE, I had zeroed my mind dat Chicago was fire for fire, but had no idea they had correct skoin skoin.

I saw only myself walking to the visa holders section. I had selected a friendly looking guy to approach when an officer directed me to someone else. My heart cut small sha.
Come and see interview! Of all my trips to US, I have never had this sort of interview, I even thank God for giving me patience.

CBP: Hello ma'am
Me: Hello sir, how you doing?
CBP: where are you coming from?
Me: Lagos Nigeria
CBP: have you visited other West African countries?
Me: No, not at all.
CBP: so do you have kids, are you pregnant, are you expecting
Me: (silence). I did not expect this question o! I thought cos I wasn't showing, I was gonna scale through without a pregnancy conversation.
CBP asks again: Do you have kids.
Me: er... I had kids last year, but they died at birth
CBP: oh my God, this is so sad! I can imagine how you felt. What happened?
Me: It's a long story
CBP: don't worry you gonna have more kids. (He now checks my visa and sees that its about to expire) Oh, your visa is going to expire. How long do you want to stay here.
Me: A couple of weeks
CBP: what are you going to be busy? I see you are going to Los Angeles...
Me: (catching the humor) Grand Canyon
CBP: Hollywood
Me: Las Vegas
CBP: ohhh, you want to get yourself some Las Vegas
Me: smiling stupidly
CBP: ok, your visa is going to expire soon, but don't worry, (he stamps me in till october). So do you have food? Fruits, vegetables?
Me: I have herbs and spices, it's all dried and milled
CBP: You have any gifts?
Me: I have African hair extensions, it's the best I can do to give to family and friends.
CBP: How much do you have on you?
Me: $225
CBP: How do you expect to move around these places with $225?
Me: I have my cards, there was no way I was going to buy dollars in Nigeria, the exchange rate is crazy, I'd rather swipe my cards. (I actually bought the $200 for N218 per dollar at the airport! Haba!)
CBP: ok, here's your passport, enjoy your stay. (I couldn't wait to get out of there b4 he remembers I didn't answer his question)

On getting to customs, told dem I have food. They send me for secondary inspection, after scanning my bags, the officer goes, "there's no food in here". I'm like ok, my bad! And packs my load out of there. They were more preoccupied with one naija woman that brought in fresh vegetables without declaring.

That's my POE story o! In addition to favour, because I see God's favor here o, on how the guy stamped me in for 6mths with an about to expire passport. And I think he passed on the preg assumption because I wasn't showing and I am coming on an about to expire visa.
If you really need to avoid Chicago, abeg, try! I am still a fan of JFK POE in NY, due to their high influx of tourists and straightforward with no unnecessary questioning. Even after the 25 mins ordeal, there was no visa holder waiting for their turn.
So, here I am o! Will start my search for a hospital to use when I have recovered from Jetlag.

Wow...congratulations on your successful entry..surprised at your answers though cos of how well informed u are, anywaiz, no hard and fast rule, at least this one favoured you so we give God thanks
Thank you for all your previous detailed info on this thread, you are so resourceful o
Pls rest well, and keep us posted on hospitals. Enjoy your stay

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 8:24am On Apr 22, 2015
Hello house,

Sorry to anyone that has sent me emails/PM. I am taking care of two babies (husband and my child lol). Pls I will respond in time. kiss

Biko to those who flew Delta or Air france, make una give me inside expo on booking infant ticket back to Naija. These people are quoting $435 for a one-way ticket to me shocked.

At this rate, I go leave this American baby here go naija oh abeg make una help me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 8:30am On Apr 22, 2015
kizluv:

Shawbabe done born grin I didn't know, kai, wetin I know again, been away for too long...

My dear...I have to email u oh. Hehehe everything wey I dey fear no happen! God is good grin

@Phema, Nef, Mabels and everyone....thanks for the wishes. God bless us all!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 8:31am On Apr 22, 2015
I changed my mind about going to Columbus. I found out its really expensive to give birth there. I'm thinking of Chicago now. I'm still researching about hospitals there thou. In case anyone knows of cheap hospitals there, please kindly let me know.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ajobi21: 8:41am On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=nefertitiram post=32975417]My people, my people,

[b]I found one location and grabbed a good night sleep and enjoyed free wifi during the remaining time
[/b].

Congratulations dear on your successful POE story. In all of these story, its that spot you had good sleep and free wifi that me am interested in...I have a 7hrs stop as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 22, 2015
Terese69:

Hi Olokings,

Going to Dallas with emirates in July too but a few days before you. I have some information and quote on a doctor and hospital in Dallas. You can PM me for the details.

Please have you been able to get any information on Dallas drs/hospitals? I am still searching for options o just in case.

Hello terese69,

Please I really don't know how to PM here. Can you mail me the doctor and hospital details? Email is zikavonne@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 22, 2015
zikavonne:
Good morning everyone.

I am new here and I must say that the thread has been very educative so far. Congrats to all the mums and mum-to-be here smiley

I am 15 weeks pregnant and hopefully I will be travelling to Houston or Dallas to give birth. My husband wants me to travel with my mother in law.The plan is that he will attend her interview in Lagos while I will attend my interview in Abuja. My husband will join us 2 weeks to my EDD.

My questions are:

1) In the travel companions section of DS-160 application form, whose details should I add? My mother inlaw or my husband or both?

2) Despite the fact that I and my husband will not travel together, can we have our interview together?

3) Must we have the complete amount needed for my medical care at the time of the interview? I earn between 200 and 300k monthly but my husband doesnt have a steady income as he depends mostly on profit sharing (He is a director/partner in his company). At the time of interview, we may not have the complete amount.

4)Please can anyone send me a sample of birth plan budget sheet used for interviews at the embassy? I will really appreciate it. My mail is zikavonne@gmail.com.

Thank you all.

Please Phema can you help me on this one?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 9:57am On Apr 22, 2015
sucre26:
I changed my mind about going to Columbus. I found out its really expensive to give birth there. I'm thinking of Chicago now. I'm still researching about hospitals there thou. In case anyone knows of cheap hospitals there, please kindly let me know.

Are you sure about the chicago plan? Why not the california hospital @mamatobe&@chika used, mhis or mobap?

In case you find a budget friendly option, pls fill a sis in cos we tried but couldn't find. I'm gonna land first in chicago(family) before I port to wherever "pocket" directs but missouri seems to be winning now cos of its proximity to illinois of all the available options.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bosebabs(f): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2015
Hello all,am due in September to travel by August. Pls I need details of any good/cheap hospital/doctor in Virginia plssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 10:36am On Apr 22, 2015
Shawbabe:
Hello house,

Sorry to anyone that has sent me emails/PM. I am taking care of two babies (husband and my child lol). Pls I will respond in time. kiss

Biko to those who flew Delta or Air france, make una give me inside expo on booking infant ticket back to Naija. These people are quoting $435 for a one-way ticket to me shocked.

At this rate, I go leave this American baby here go naija oh abeg make una help me

Hello Shawbabe, that's the price oh. i paid 430 for my baby when we were coming back in January and I think someone here said BA charged her 433 for her child as well. Its just annonying. I wish one could pay for the infant ticket when leaving najia (hint hint...those yet to travel can explore this option).. it would be much cheaper...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 22, 2015
mamacajah:

Hello Shawbabe, that's the price oh. i paid 430 for my baby when we were coming back in January and I think someone here said BA charged her 433 for her child as well. Its just annonying. I wish one could pay for the infant ticket when leaving najia (hint hint...those yet to travel can explore this option).. it would be much cheaper...
hi shawbabe, someone on this thread said something about buying return ticket which is cheaper, though I paid 430 as well, there is no harm in asking them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:00am On Apr 22, 2015
dittobaby:

Hmm. Your story is very peculiar considering the fact that you've been a very active participant on this thread. You hardly followed any of the things we've been saying here. You are really a gangster! Why did you hide your pregnancy? One would have thought a guru like you would have been armed with enough burden of proof and you traveled with hardly any cash shocked. Na wa o. You really get liver. Anyway sha, congrats wink

My dear,
My major snag was my timing. How will I explain 20 weeks. Most mamas from here leave almost due and stay for 6 weeks or so. Which english will I speak to defend 20 weeks? I had to capitalise on experience and form 'frequent traveller'. I knew I wasn't going to lie about anything (abi I lie?).

I won't even advise any mama to take this risk! Too head on, all that went thru my mind was what's d worst that will happen? They will stamp me in for a few weeks, I will go home, renew my visa and return following the rules. At least I will cover part of my mission, knock on all the hosp doors in chicago and get the best deal.
For mamas who want to come into chicago but think the POE is too stressful, another good option (so they say) is Detroit. Especially if you are heavy, they say with your cash in hand, Detroit is less of a pain, unlike Chicago, which they also say is mean to preggies (although I still can't say for sure, cos I was too chicken to experiment with that)

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:04am On Apr 22, 2015
Popri:

Wow...congratulations on your successful entry..surprised at your answers though cos of how well informed u are, anywaiz, no hard and fast rule, at least this one favoured you so we give God thanks
Thank you for all your previous detailed info on this thread, you are so resourceful o
Pls rest well, and keep us posted on hospitals. Enjoy your stay

Thanks ooo, wish me luck as I crack open this city. Just as Kizluv did for Missouri. Something has to come out of it o! And if nothing does, St Louis is a 35 mins flight grin Nothing spoil!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DFJ12: 11:13am On Apr 22, 2015
nefertitiram:

Check out their website now, they sent a mail that they are slashing prices to some US locations. I bought on their website.

Thanks for talking abt Detroit o.nobody has said anything abt the place.and thats my POE frm abj cme June.God will favour us all o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:17am On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=ajobi21 post=32980267][/quote]

Are you flying KLM?
If you are, what I did was check in using self service machines immediately we landed. Then headed to my gate. Saw others sleeping soundly ther. The seats there were like sofas so I just brought out my blanket, hugged my hand luggage and slept for about 4 hours. Then grabbed breakfast (burger and fries) for about $10, decided to test the wifi, maybe I could get lucky, next thing I saw was unlimited wifi!
Once you connect and agree to terms and conditions you are on for 1hr, but you can always re logon when the 1hr expires.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justheritage: 11:26am On Apr 22, 2015
somchisom:
Hello house,
In the spirit of giving back. Here is my birth story.
I gave birth to my baby girl March 17th at United memorial medical center, batavia New York through C.S. Stayed in the hospital 3 days for all. The hospital offers a 60% automatic dscount for self pay. Got my bill for 3947.69 for mother and 1407 for the child, total of 5354. Doctor's fee for ante natal and delivery was 1499.4 (I was scheduled for natural delivery with a mid wife but had to go for c-section last minute, which included a doctor in the package. The fee above also include all the meal I had for 3 days. The service was awesome, everyone including the doctor's were very friendly, nice and professional.
I let them know before I delivered that I was going back to Naija in less than a month after delivery so they could process my birth cert and bills on time.
I filled the birth cert form before I gave birth and gave them baby's name on delivery. They filled for the cert on friday, I called the county's office on Tuesday and I was told it was mailed to me the monday after that friday. I guess they used regular mail cos I didn't get it that week, went to their office the following Monday, paid 10$ for another copy which I usedto apply for her passport. I paid 165$ for the passport and got it sameday. I mailed her passport to the agent for the Naija visa for 342$ (Tanko hardly picked his calls, felt safer using a company's service). They got the passport Tuesday Morning, got the visa same day and mailed it back to me. I got the passport the next day Wednesday. I have gotten my zero balance letter from the hospital. Leaving for Naija today.
Hope this helps someone.

Please one question. The zero balance letter is just a line. Hope this is okay.
Good luck to everyone

congrats on your new born baby, pls can you kindly share the breakdown of child delivery at United memorial medical center, batavia New York as per Virginal & CS. thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tinklebell: 12:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
Dear Parents,
I have been a silent reader/follower of this thread and i must commend every contributor and the moderator for a very informative thread, God bless you all.
Im an August/Spt Mum and definitely heading to Houston(as i have a family friend there). I'm tilting towards using Dr Glenn Morgan and houston northwest medical center but my host seems to be worried about the distance and wants me to use a methodist willowbrook hospital which is a bit more expensive. now my questions:
1. Has anyone used Memorial Hermann Hospital or does anyone have details of Dr's affiliated to the hospital? appears that the hospital's website blocks access from Nigerian IP addresses.
2. I need the embassy email address to send my change of intent mail notification to ( have a bi/b2 visa used for family vacation last summer)
3. Does anyone have details of Taxi/Transport services that serves the Northwest area of Houston so i can pre-negotiate my transport bills and budget accordingly.
I will appreciate any useful information.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
modath:

Are you sure about the chicago plan? Why not the california hospital @mamatobe&@chika used, mhis or mobap?

In case you find a budget friendly option, pls fill a sis in cos we tried but couldn't find. I'm gonna land first in chicago(family) before I port to wherever "pocket" directs but missouri seems to be winning now cos of its proximity to illinois of all the available options.

Is there something wrong with going to Chicago? I decided on Chicago cos I have someone there. I don't have anyone in Arizona or carlifornia
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
sucre26:

Is there something wrong with going to Chicago? I decided on Chicago cos I have someone there. I don't have anyone in Arizona or carlifornia

Not in the way you are thinking, my POE is chicago despite the scary stories cos that's where my people are... I meant as per getting an affordable birthing package..

My people don't even have an idea that you can have children in the US without insurance cos of the prohibitive cost and have been of zero help so will really appreciate if you can sniff out a great plan.@ nerf is on that mission as well,hopefully we'll get something.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
I got a quote for $85 from orlando to lagos. And I was beyond shocked cos I had budgeted like $400. I kept asking if it was to Lagos and not just Orlando to Atlanta.
I called several times and spoke to different people who confirmed the same $85.
Unfortunately i've postponed our return trip cos of the specialist my daughter needs to see. Hopefully her ticket for the new dates will be cheap like that.

Shawbabe:
Hello house,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Omodaraju: 1:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
nefertitiram:

Thanks ooo, wish me luck as I crack open this city. Just as Kizluv did for Missouri. Something has to come out of it o! And if nothing does, St Louis is a 35 mins flight grin Nothing spoil!

I wish you plenty luck. Congrats on POE. For some reasons, your posts and Phema's always crack me up

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
Omodaraju:

I wish you plenty luck. Congrats on POE. For some reasons, your posts and Phema's always crack me up

grin maybe we are daughters of the same mother hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2015
@ nefertitiram, all eyes are on you, I'm hopeful something will come up soon...
Wish you the very best, you are highly favored!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
Nefer abeg d first hospital door to kno na Mount Sinai oh. I hear it's about $4000 in total. A friend gave birth there but she has family there and said housing is expensive

nefertitiram:

grin maybe we are daughters of the same mother hehehehe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
Nita2013:
Nefer abeg d first hospital door to kno na Mount Sinai oh. I hear it's about $4000 in total. A friend gave birth there but she has family there and said housing is expensive

Gbam!
Will have feedback by friday
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 2:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ok guys. I know some of you have been expecting updates. I finally arrived elpaso airpot at 11pm (4am nigerian time) but could not proceed to intown suites because their work hours is between 11am and 7pm. I wouldn't have been able to check in if i proceeded. I had to sit at the airport for 12 hours. Trued to book a hotel for the night but couldn't get any.

at 11am (6pm nigerian time), i proceeded to intown suites. I must say that my expectations were exceeded. Before i proceed,i would like you All to know that by this post, i do not intend to market any business but to clarify the doubts of some nairalanders who are sceptical and worried about the unknown..

If you like a serene atmosphere,then you have it there. I had met a fellow Nigerian at the airport who was also heading there. We were checked into our rooms in 5minutes. The rooms are tidy,with all the amenities they have on there. Its a two storey e-shaped building. Some minutes After the lady i met and i settled in, we decided to go to Walmart (which by the way is across the road from the suites) to buy a few things (mainly kitchen utensils). While we were stepping out of the premises, we heard ladies voices screaming (don't buy anything o.... From upstairs). We looked and there they are... More Nigerians. We were excited.went back upstairs and realised that we just saved plenty of money. We ended up getting pots, other utensils, blenders and stuff like that for free. they gave us some orientation, hooked us up with the cab guy who is almost like family to the suites. So in few minutes, we went shopping, came back, split the cab fare and we were all good. For african food that we couldn't find in Walmart, we went to an african store right by the block (we didn't know the place existed until the girls told us).

I have rad here in the past about someone's complaint that intown suites is more like a hostel and can make one prone to gossips and stuff like thAt. While i beg to disagree, i believe that we are Ll responsible for our choice of friends and association. I have been up since 5am but have been in my room working. I will only knock on someone's door if i have a question or need help and vice versa. Now i don't see why i will be a victim of girls talk if i act mature. Instead i look at it as an opportunity to learn from other people's experience, save a few bucks and not feel completely alone.

Having said all these, i wish to re-iterate that THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO MARKET OR SELL ANY BRAND.I'M SURE THERE ARE Other better places too. THIS IS SIMPLY A GESTURE TO CLEAR THE DOUBTS OF MANY NAIRALANDERS WHO HAVE BEEN WONDERING HOW REAL THE PLACE IS. I AM HERE NOW. IT IS REAL (would have put some pictures of what my room looks like up but i am not sure if the rules here allow for that )

Hopefully, this epistle helps someone now or later.

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.