Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893125 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Diapearl: 10:41am On Apr 23, 2015
0yin:

I think you should write back to the embassy that you are pregnant and would like to birth in the US, if your visa has already been granted. You might be called in for an interview but you should be ready to defend yourself as to how you didn't realize you were pregnant at the last interview you had.
please what kind of defences would be viable.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Girlmummy: 11:37am On Apr 23, 2015
Diapearl:

please what kind of defences would be viable.thanks

"Delayed period"

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by darellone: 11:39am On Apr 23, 2015
This thread is loaded.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
Girlmummy:

"Delayed period"

I think we should make it a point of duty to keep the integrity of this thread. Especially when someone has clearly confessed to misrepresentation during an interview . What if this was a "VO"lurking around this thread? We are already a country under suspicion let's try to keep this community above board please.

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lollydee(f): 2:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
Newmum15:
Any mum heading to Atlanta next month?Would love to share information and company pls.

I heading there end of May
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
@worry357, please if you or your wife are not pregnant, or planning to give birth in USA, stop PESTERING US on this thread. All your viewpoints are negative, hurtful and drailing the thread. No useful contribution whatsoever. If need be, go start up your own thread and get the kind of feedback you want but LEAVE US ALONE OH. You are not welcomed here anymore. Haba...when does it end..

@justwise, please how do we ban these set of people who keep coming on here only to be insultive and negative? Enough is enough.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
Amother4life:

I think we should make it a point of duty to keep the integrity of this thread. Especially when someone has clearly confessed to misrepresentation during an interview . What if this was a "VO"lurking around this thread? We are already a country under suspicion let's try to keep this community above board please.

Seconded..gbam!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Diapearl: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
Amother4life:

Amother4life.......please am here looking for help and not an undercover VO. I wonder why u singled out my post to be a VO's own. I have read how some peoples questions and worries were handled here and that is why i posted mine too.please stop discouraging those who honestly want to help. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OMary83: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
[quote author=Phema post=32954038]

Nne,I don send u pm tire ooo,I know u r busy with family.i need contact of who did circumcision for ur son in Naija.300usd too much to pay for here biko.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Omodaraju: 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
Diapearl:

Amother4life.......please am here looking for help and not an undercover VO. I wonder why u singled out my post to be a VO's own. I have read how some peoples questions and worries were handled here and that is why i posted mine too.please stop discouraging those who honestly want to help. Thanks

You were able to lie with ease at the Embassy that you weren't pregnant at six weeks gone. You should be able to come up with defences that will conquer POE (even IAH - the best of them all).

I'ld advice you to be careful in trying to make this work. If you're "lucky", the CBP officer will search and look through all the pregnancy related records in your bag or scroll through your phone or tablet for preggie related information. All in the bid to puncture holes in your story

To err is human...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 4:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
VisaOfficer:

The U.S.-born baby has the same right to Medicaid as any other U.S. citizen. If the family's income level qualifies the child for Medicaid, the child should receive Medicaid. No laws would be breached in applying to receive those benefits.

Now, for non-immigrants, and for immigrants-to-be, people do have to overcome public charge concerns to receive a visa to the United States. But once someone is in the United States as a Legal Permanent Resident or a citizen, if he or she qualifies to receive a benefit, no law is broken by applying for that benefit or by receiving it. Again, in the example you gave, this is especially true for the baby, who was born in the U.S. and therefore enjoys all the rights of citizenship.

According to http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-public-benefits-can-green-card-holder-receive.html :

Medicaid (Full-Scope and Emergency)

Medicaid is a health coverage program for low-income individuals, children, families, elderly, and the disabled. Each state runs a Medicaid program, though many give it a different name.

Two types of opportunities for medical care are offered under Medicaid: Emergency Medicaid and Full-Scope Medicaid. Permanent residents generally qualify for Emergency Medicaid without exception, assuming they meet the general, non-immigration-related eligibility requirements.

To qualify for Full-Scope Medicaid, permanent residents must, in most cases, have been a permanent resident for five years. A handful of states require 40 quarters of work before providing Full-Scope Medicaid benefits.

To find out whether your state provides Full-Scope Medicaid to permanent residents who are under 21 or pregnant, contact your local, county or state public benefits office.

Your state also may provide green card holders certain medical benefits funded without Medicaid money.

(The five-year rule mentioned above doesn't apply to the baby, because the baby is not a Legal Permanent Resident; the baby is a U.S. citizen.)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
babysykes:

I booked directly from their site: www.britishairways.com. After booking,you can pay online or choose the option of paying @ any branch of Guarantee trust bank (gtb)not later than 72hours after booking has been done. Yes,i have paid

Was the $2989 for the 3 of you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
Diapearl:

This thread is primarily meant to help people gather or share appropriate information about a process and not how to circumvent that process. If the moderator is not going to speak out I will because the stigma of being from a "fraudulent "country affects us all. We must be the change we seek it's that simple. The fact that you could come back to "attack" me speaks volumes.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
Good evening pple. How are all our preggies and recent mums doing? My visa interview is next week and it just dawned on me that my hubby has a US green card. Does anyone have an idea if his status will affect my application? Thanks in advance of your responses.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
Newmum0615:
Good evening pple. How are all our preggies and recent mums doing? My visa interview is next week and it just dawned on me that my hubby has a US green card. Does anyone have an idea if his status will affect my application? Thanks in advance of your responses.

That depends. . .

Is he in the US? Has he filed an immigrant visa for you? How did he get his green card?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
OMary83, abeg my sister no vex. i recieve too many PMs than I can actually attend to. Good you called me out. Will send her details to you when I get home.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
His mum who is a citizen applied on his behalf. He was granted last year although he lives in Nigeria and only intends to be going every 6 months
Phema:

That depends. . .

Is he in the US? Has he filed an immigrant visa for you? How did he get his green card?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Diapearl: 5:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
Amother4life:

This thread is primarily meant to help people gather or share appropriate information about a process and not how to circumvent that process. If the moderator is not going to speak out I will because the stigma of being from a "fraudulent "country affects us all. We must be the change we seek it's that simple. The fact that you could come back to attack me speaks volumes.
i am not attacking you. I dont know you apart from your username..... so why attack you. If u would re-read my 1st post..... i had already made the mistake b4 getting to know about this thread and while going through the thread i realized that i shouldnt have lied... i also know that no 1 is above mistakes and maybe, i may find people with similar experience who would be of help. I responded quoting you to emphasize that am not a VO and if there is a way to investigate, pls go ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Diapearl: 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
Omodaraju:

You were able to lie with ease at the Embassy that you weren't pregnant at six weeks gone. You should be able to come up with defences that will conquer POE (even IAH - the best of them all).

I'ld advice you to be careful in trying to make this work. If you're "lucky", the CBP officer will search and look through all the pregnancy related records in your bag or scroll through your phone or tablet for preggie related information. All in the bid to puncture holes in your story
yes being some1 who isnt close to me, u would say i lied with ease... but at the time we booked for interview, i wasnt pregnant and i just found out few days b4 my interview that i was pregnant and was adviced by some1 ( whom i think may not also know the consequences of lieing about pregnancy status to a VO) not to disclose it because it would make them deny us visa. Ok i got the visa and while searching for cost n procedure to get hospital and birth in US i found this thread and from what i read i decided to ask this question.
meanwhile what is IAH?

To err is human...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2015
Newmum0615:
His mum who is a citizen applied on his behalf. He was granted last year although he lives in Nigeria and only intends to be going every 6 months

That shouldn't be much of a problem. If it comes up, which I think it will, explain to the VO and maintain that you donot have any plans to move permanently to the US for now. Back this up with very strong home ties.

You should be fine. Success all the way.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by vamum: 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
Newmum0615:

I don't think it matters how he got his green card. Don't mean to sound negative but I will advice based on the little knowledge I have of the system and from me and my husbands experience as well.

I think what really matters is if he has started the process for her (this will lead to outright denial, they will tell you to wait for the immigration process to fall through) or if he has only indicated that he is now married.

This situation is a little complex, any VO viewing your case would be questioning why you want to go for childbirth, when you and your family should be derivatives of your husband green card after he files for you.

Couple of things i would do if i was in your shoes though and he hasnt already filed for you:
--Make a strong case for going to the US for "health" reasons and not just the normal "Oh i read online and I want to try". Doctors report/correspondence, information on previous preganancy issues if any or stuff that may have happened to people you know/siblings (God forbid, not praying same for you)
--Solid proof/case that you will return to Nigeria after childbirth (Children, Business, Job, house, not sure what they accept anymore, might need other people to chip in on this) and not stay back with your husband (who is supposed to be in the US)

At this point i would advice you/anyone else not to lie about anything, because chances are that you will come back to them when the immigration process starts and everything you have told them in the past will be on record. Answer only questions asked about your husband and his immigration status and pray for the best. Be ready to explain why he is not in the US if that does come up and again do not lie as when he starts the process for you a print out of all the pages of his passport will be required and all lies will be evident from the CBP stamps.

As a side note though please tell your husband that he needs to file taxes from Nigeria. I did the same thing he did for a while and had to wait longer to get citizenship cos i hadnt filled previous years taxes.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by darellone: 8:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
As a side note though please tell your husband that he needs to file taxes from Nigeria. I did the same thing he did for a while and had to wait longer to get citizenship cos i hadnt filled previous years taxes.

correct
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
babysykes:

I booked directly from their site: www.britishairways.com. After booking,you can pay online or choose the option of paying @ any branch of Guarantee trust bank (gtb)not later than 72hours after booking has been done. Yes,i have paid

My dear i checked d price no be here oh...wat time of d day did u book?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 10:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
[quote author=AyaSho post=32499377]My people, My people.
I need to give back to this wonderful, forum.
Sincerely, this is a forum that has helped me a lot infact I have turned into a consultant through this medium. With all my wahaala on fit to f
Me- yes
Officer- where are you from
Me- Lagos Nigeria
To cut the long story short
Poe less than 5mins, with gist with the officer
I declared my food stuff.
They took only my indomie
My palmoil fully blocked dey my bag.
Wetin to board my flight to Phoenix arizona.

My dear did u book klm to phoenix? or did u get to d airport n book anoda flight to phoenix?
So since d weather der is cool one wldnt need thick clothes? Tnx dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
Newmum0615:
Since your husband has a green card , it is quite easy for you to get a visiting visa, because your husband will obviously fle for you to become a PR.

2ndly' you do not have to bother paying the hospital bill But you can pay if you like(that's your decision to make)because your husband is rightly open to the any free medical as a residence.
Because your husband is a residence and will automatically become a citizen in 5years from the day he got the green card, accepting Medicaid for your baby is not a crime.
You case is quite different from every other person here.
Your husband status has covered the baby and even u.

Let the vo know that your intention is to give birth and go back home, the vo know if he/she denies you, you will probably still go to the USA legally after your husband files for you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hmmm this your advice has k-leg o! I think Vamum captured it best.

zeezahbee:
Since your husband has a green card , it is quite easy for you to get a visiting visa, because your husband will obviously fle for you to become a PR.

2ndly' you do not have to bother paying the hospital bill But you can pay if you like(that's your decision to make)because your husband is rightly open to the any free medical as a residence.
Because your husband is a residence and will automatically become a citizen in 5years from the day he got the green card, accepting Medicaid for your baby is not a crime.

Let the vo know that your intention is to give birth and go back home, the vo know if he/she denies you, you will probably still go to the USA legally after your husband files for you.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 12:35am On Apr 24, 2015
zeezahbee:

I don't think her husband being a resident improves her chances oh. I think it actually makes her look more like somebody with an immigrant intent. I would avoid mentioning anything about hubby being a resident if the VO does not bring it up because by law he is supposed to be living in the United States and not in Nigeria... That's why it is called permanent residency. He can't spend more than 6months outside the United States or he would put his green card at risk.

You may be found to have abandoned your status if you:

Move to another country, intending to live there permanently.
Remain outside of the United States for an extended period of time, unless you intended this to be a temporary absence, as shown by:
The reason for your trip;
How long you intended to be absent from the United States;
Any other circumstances of your absence; and
Any events that may have prolonged your absence.
Note: Obtaining a re-entry permit from USCIS before you leave, or a returning resident visa (SB-1) from a U.S. consulate while abroad, may assist you in showing that you intended only a temporary absence.
Fail to file income tax returns while living outside of the United States for any period.
Declare yourself a “nonimmigrant” on your U.S. tax returns etc.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 12:40am On Apr 24, 2015
Newmum0615:

Bia did u people just marry today abi last night? Or una be strangers? grin

How did u not know all this while una dey plan to born pikin for U.S? And he has been traveling every 6 months to maintain his status? This ur story is suspect oh lol

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 12:53am On Apr 24, 2015
Welcome
woaini:
So the eagle has landed.
Got to dallas today with lufthansa.
The flight was really good the service was top notch with lots to eat and drink. The flight from abuja was kinda empty though (I wonder why).

Straight to the matter.
As we landed in dallas I said a word of prayer stepped out and continued to call on God. I walked I did not feel I needed a wheelchair having sat on a plane for so long. It got to my turn and my conversation with d cbp guy went thus
Him: hi
Me: hello
Him: so where to and what brings you
Me:told him, to spend my maternity leave and give birth
Him: when last where you here, was it to give birth
Me: last year vacation
Him: have you made contact with a doctor
Me: yes and hands him burden of proof (notification of intent letter, hospital correspondence, doctors correspondence, maternity leave letter from my job) arranged in that order. It was intentional
He read them all then asked how much my care would cost and how much I had. I told him about 6k then I had 5002usd cos of exchange rate then my cards
He asked where I work, I told him. He stamped me in 6months. All this took like 3minutes. I was jumping for joy

To be continued........

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 1:06am On Apr 24, 2015
Where are you headed from Dallas?
woaini:
5k dollars. I summed up the coins in my purse to 2dollars (I don't know how to add up those coins). I got PTA that's d best option now. I missed the easter low sales of dollars.
Thanks @ newmum
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Jchi9876: 1:27am On Apr 24, 2015
people still dey get belle for this thread?

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.