Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,495 members, 7,836,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (896937 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SAkale: 9:27am On May 05, 2015
wow, this story is very surprising and sad because i did my interview in Abuja and it was quite similar to yours, i used WHMC, Paid half of hospital and half of doctors fees, showed the receipts and the rest were just routine questions. i am just so surprised at the rejection. i really think you should try Abuja. It seems they also read your body language as well, just pray very well and try again. Mine was favor all the way truly from the gate. i was not at the embassy for more than an hour.

Idileke1:
Good Morning everyone in the house. have been a silent reader on this trend. am not happy as am typing this. I was at the embassy here in lagos this morning for 7.00am with my husband and son , thou we were denied but i feel i shd share how it went and hear people's view.

VO: GOOD MORNING
MYSELF & HUBBY: GOOD MORNING.
VO: WHERE IN THE STATES ARE U GOING TO?
HUBBY: HOUSTON
VO: WHAT FOR ?
HUBBY: VACATION & CHILD BIRTH.
VO: WHICH DOCTOR ARE U USING AND HOW DID WE COME ABOUT THE PLACE.
MYSELF: DOCTOR MICHEAL AMARO AND WEST HOUSTON MEDICAL CENTRE; INTRODUCED TO US THROUGH MY SIS IN LAW IN THE STATE AND A FRIEND THAT DELIVER HER BABY THERE.
VO: ANY THING FROM THE HOSPITAL AND DOCTOR?
MYSELF: GAVE HER THE LETTER FROM DOCTOR MICHEAL AMARO AND RECEIPT SHOWING THE TOTAL BILL AS 2,800 WHICH HAVE FINISHED PAYING SHOWING ZERO BALANCE AND WEST HOUSTON MEDICAL CENTRE RECEIPTS SHOWING THAT I MADE PAYMENT OF 3,000 HOSPITAL STAY FOR 2DAYS .
VO: ALL SHE SAID AFTER ALL WAS THAT THE HOSPITAL IS TOO CHEAP COMPARE TO WHAT IS BEING PAID FOR DELIVERY IN THE UNITED STATE.
MYSELF & HUBBY: WE TOLD HER WE HAVE ENOUGH MONEY IN OUR ACCOUNT TO PAY IF ANY OTHER PAYMENT COMES UP OVER THERE EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE FINISHED PAYING ALL OUR BILLS. SHE DIDNT LOOK UP, SHE JUST CONTINUE TYPING AND GAVE US OUR PASSPORT BACK AND SAID WE SHOULD GO TROUGH A LONG PAPER SHE GAVE US . SHE DIDNT BOTHER CHECKING OUR STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT AS MY HUSBAND HAS OVER 7MILLION IN HIS ACCOUNT WHILE I HAVE LIKE 2.9MILLION IN MY ACCOUNT. REALLY CONFUSED FOR NOW DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 9:41am On May 05, 2015
shimk:
pls o
was anyone able to watch telemundo while in
d us?
dont want to miss out o. lol

This is very important o, It is a very serious issue. Thanks for raising it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Idileke1: 10:17am On May 05, 2015
@ sakele thanks. i want to re- apply but someone told me i can't reapplied until after 3months but am due in july. please can i re apply alone this time around in abuja.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 10:22am On May 05, 2015
mabels:

This is very important o, It is a very serious issue. Thanks for raising it.

What is the addiction of Nigerian women to telemondo? That's how my sister packaged the wrong owo idana for my father in law cos she was watching Mexican movie. grin

I helped my wife ordered like 10 from amazon at a cost of $3 to $10 each. She kept herself busy with them before I got to US. Make sure you select those that have English subtitle.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 10:25am On May 05, 2015
Idileke1:
@ sakele thanks. i want to re- apply but someone told me i can't reapplied until after 3months but am due in july. please can i re apply alone this time around in abuja.

You can reapply immediately they are more interested in changes in your condition/application. That's why they always expect you to take a 3 month break but that is not cast in stone if you can repackage yourself. Try abuja they seem to be more relaxed than their Lagos counterpart.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 10:41am On May 05, 2015
Amother4life:

I hope and pray that one day our health care "professionals" and academicians will go on strike for the improvement of infrastructures in our institutions. Strikes should not only be about salary and allowances . If you know you are working in a horrible environment devoid of the necessary tools for the trade be vocal. America may one day Institute the same policy the United Kingdom is now known for...will the next generation move to the next "blue kpali" nation? We have seen how things are done outside our Shores let's demand for that same level of service back home. Nigerian's remain some of the best brains anywhere in the world. The only downside is that we are too patient when it comes to taking crap from the establishment. After we return we our precious babies we still have to take them to these hospitals in naija for checkups and treatments. Unless you have the money to fly to Houston for any problem that comes up afterwards. In other words -When you bring home a Ferrari make sure your local dealership is equipped to handle any eventualities.

Hi dear, if u followed the last strike that Doctors embarked on, ul know that infrastructure was a major demand and that was the least the govt bothered to even talk about.
Sincerely, I'm not a fan of those strikes cos the number of deaths or patients mutilated by quacks during the strike period is always beyond imagination. Human lives should come first above any other thing but not in Nigeria as it reflects in every aspect of our country.

I say this every time and I will still say again, until we value human lives above oil, then it remains a hopeless situation. I m talking about the government and even the ordinary citizen..
Strike action CANNOT fix outrage health sector, for now let's explore what we can and pray for true change in Nigeria, not change with regards to a party's slogan.

All the best to everyone on your American journey..

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 10:45am On May 05, 2015
Any new info on Illinois? @nefertitiram, I'm seriously banking on u o, lol!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:49am On May 05, 2015
Popri:

My dear my bathroom slippers don file. I have a few updates, but want to get to a logical conclusion before announcing the result grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SAkale: 11:07am On May 05, 2015
my dear, sad to say, the next available interview date for Abuja is 7th July on their website but most agents can get a closer date for a lot of money like 80k or so.... just check the website to be sure you can reapply immediately...

Tvegas:

You can reapply immediately they are more interested in changes in your condition/application. That's why they always expect you to take a 3 month break but that is not cast in stone if you can repackage yourself. Try abuja they seem to be more relaxed than their Lagos counterpart.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:08am On May 05, 2015
chai... diariz *** oooh.....
have u turned jega and his team..
please announce the result.. we will do the collation and analysis on your behalf..hehe grin cool

nefertitiram:

My dear my bathroom slippers don file. I have a few updates, but want to get to a logical conclusion before announcing the result grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Idileke1: 11:12am On May 05, 2015
thanks sakale and tvegas. will get back to you if i get a date on time
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 11:15am On May 05, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Intown suites is the closest I think. But in reality, in town and ramada are not so far from each other - about 10mins walk.
Moreso, you will end up visiting the doctor's office more than del sol itself, so in the end, the distance won't matter.

You can always book intown or studio 6 since they don't require any deposit. When you get there you can then choose which is most suitable for you.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 11:22am On May 05, 2015
Hey ple pls anyone with info on monterra apartments in pheonix? Asin cost n accessibilty, wats ur two cents abt it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:35am On May 05, 2015
olokings:
chai... diariz *** oooh.....
have u turned jega and his team..
please announce the result.. we will do the collation and analysis on your behalf..hehe grin cool

My broda, the result I have is from Rivers state! Overbloated estimates! Infact, it is a case of the more you look, the less you see, I need more light, I cannot read hand written results, usually, I read typed out results. Can Jega provide a lamp?

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:39am On May 05, 2015
Popri:

I have sent you PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 11:45am On May 05, 2015
[quote author=Tvegas post=33436230]

What is the addiction of Nigerian women to telemondo? That's how my sister packaged the wrong owo idana for my father in law cos she was watching Mexican movie. grin

Tvegas baba Good morning.

Really i dont know ooo. Mine is more like a curse than an addiction. i rush home from work to watch it every evening, and repeat same episode in the morning and afternoon(days that am nt at work) and still watch them saturdays and sundays ( same episodes o). I had to put a TV in my kitchen cos of telemundo. My husband and sons sef wont want to disturb me when am watching my telemundo.
And thanks for the amazon info.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 12:23pm On May 05, 2015
nefertitiram:

I have sent you PM

I've replied thanks...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 05, 2015
[quote author=mabels post=33438549][/quote]the quarrel Telemundo has caused BTW me and my husband is flying up there, I don't know if na curse or na addiction or hobby, once Telemundo time is up I can't concentrate at work again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Lay2uer(m): 12:39pm On May 05, 2015
[quote author=mabels post=33438549][/quote]

God bless u tvegas for d info.

@ mabels good to know i have a partner in crime. lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 12:50pm On May 05, 2015
wonderful news.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 1:46pm On May 05, 2015
@ Idileke1

Sorry for your denial,
I will advise you to work on the reason for your denial, from your post so far on this forum, you have applied twice, and being denied, this is the third time.
the first time, you lied about been pregnant and which is obvious according to you, and you said you are going to attend a wedding, secondly you are also been denied based on that you lied in your first application, and then you are going to attend a church conference in US with your family, from my own little knowledge it should be a group application since is a church program or never the less.

this time around you showed yourself of been desperate (sorry oo, dts how I see it,) by paying all your bills, and going by your past records, its shows desperation...

What I will advise now is that, plan very well, correct your mistakes, chance your hospital and get a doctor letter, and PRAY very well for God favor. Also you said your sister in-law told you about the hospital, which means, you never did any research or findings about the hospital..

please I pray for God Favour for you this time around..... Plan and Pray very well.

God Bless You. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 9jabiggurl: 3:02pm On May 05, 2015
segbas:
@ Idileke1

Sorry for your denial,
I will advise you to work on the reason for your denial, from your post so far on this forum, you have applied twice, and being denied, this is the third time.
the first time, you lied about been pregnant and which is obvious according to you, and you said you are going to attend a wedding, secondly you are also been denied based on that you lied in your first application, and then you are going to attend a church conference in US with your family, from my own little knowledge it should be a group application since is a church program or never the less.

God Bless You. Amen

@segbas....eyin tun gba research gan ooo(you actually researched her story) on a normal day it would not even cross my mind but you made a valid point....na prayer and Favour sure pass....All the best @Idileke1

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 4:26pm On May 05, 2015
segbas:
@ Idileke1

Sorry for your denial,

this time around you showed yourself of been desperate (sorry oo, dts how I see it,) by paying all your bills, and going by your past records, its shows desperation...

What I will advise now is that, plan very well, correct your mistakes, chance your hospital and get a doctor letter, and PRAY very well for God favor. Also you said your sister in-law told you about the hospital, which means, you never did any research or findings about the hospital..

please I pray for God Favour for you this time around..... Plan and Pray very well.

God Bless You. Amen

Also she was advised by people in this forum not to make payments as this might show some sign of desperation and also when she re-applies she should use Abuja. Unfortunately she did not yield to advice. My point.... people come here ask for advice on this thread you are told what to do, you go back and do what you feel like doing, things don't work out well, you come back again for advice........SMH..... Am thinking now should she actually re-apply again now, I know WITH GOD NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE but.....................(am still thinking)

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 6:38pm On May 05, 2015
Congrats dear, that was too easy....good for you.....which hospital are you using n what's DFW......sorry still new here though I have been a silent reader......looking at carlifornia, saw you ask some questions about ca, don't know if that's where you eventually picked....

I got to DFW over 3 hours ago. POP was super easy. Didn't last up to 2 mins

The conversation was simple
I got to the counter,looking very smart and confident. And before the CBP asked anything, I was quick to say "good afternoon, how are you today"
CBP: Great
I hand him my passport and the blue form I filled.
Cbp: why are you here?
Me: for a training and to have my baby
Cbp: when are you due
Me: May..... Next month
CBP :Do you have your hospital correspondence
Me: yes. Passed him printed copy of the document.

He didn't even take a look before he stamped me in for 6
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:53pm On May 05, 2015
So, regarding opening bank account, I guess the bank can do with the free publicity.

My cousin drove into US Bank, yes, the name is US Bank grin and needed to drop in for a quick transaction. So I asked about account opening in passing while she did her thing. the bank was empty with only one teller on duty, so the Manager came out to attend to me. I told her I was in a hurry but I will be back, all I needed was their requirement and hope they made no monthly deductions. She asked if I had documentation and ID, luckily I was with my passport.

In 3 mins she took my details, photocopied my passport and promised they will get back to me. After they do, I can walk into any branch and pay my $25 minimum opening balance and start using my account. I asked if there are no monthly deductions and she's like "we are looking for customers, we wouldn't make deductions and CHASE them away" No pun intended grin.

That's how received email today, welcome to US Bank! I am so impressed! It was easy. So, if you are in need of a bank to use when you are in US, give US Bank a trial. I'm sure they will impress you too. wink

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 05, 2015
nefertitiram:
So, regarding opening bank account, I guess the bank can do with the free publicity.
My cousin drove into US Bank, yes, the name is US Bank grin and needed to drop in for a quick transaction. So I asked about account opening in passing while she did her thing. the bank was empty with only one teller on duty, so the Manager came out to attend to me. I told her I was in a hurry but I will be back, all I needed was their requirement and hope they made no monthly deductions. She asked if I had documentation and ID, luckily I was with my passport.
In 3 mins she took my details, photocopied my passport and promised they will get back to me. After they do, I can walk into any branch and pay my $25 minimum opening balance and start using my account. I asked if there are no monthly deductions and she's like "we are looking for customers, we wouldn't make deductions and CHASE them away" No pun intended grin.
That's how received email today, welcome to US Bank! I am so impressed! It was easy. So, if you are in need of a bank to use when you are in US, give US Bank a trial. I'm sure they will impress you too. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:46pm On May 05, 2015
obeezydabs:

Hahaha. I planned to use Chase bank tho but when i arrive i will see to US bank. Also i sent you another mail and still got no response. pls can u email me lets discuss Chicago plans. My choice is Presence St. Joseph. I dont know how the PM thing works tho Incase u want to.

My dear, St. Joseph cost no be small! Normal delivery is $4500, CS is $6,000, payable before delivery. Dr. Fees and other jara not included. I have sent you an email. Sorry i'm just replying. Let's connect!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 9:33pm On May 05, 2015
nefertitiram:

Take note that us bank is not in All states in USA . For example usabank is not in Houston. The only one they have in Texas is just one in Dallas. So if u go to another state , u might not be able to use the bank. They are just new in banking and my sister just closed her account. Anyways u are a visitor so it's good
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 10:00pm On May 05, 2015
zeezahbee:
Take note that us bank is not in All states in USA . For example usabank is not in Houston. The only one they have in Texas is just one in Dallas. So if u go to another state , u might not be able to use the bank. They are just new in banking and my sister just closed her account. Anyways u are a visitor so it's good

My Nefetitiram, hope this is not one chance for you o. From Chase bank to US bank. You have better look for Bank of America and open an account with them. I would not like you to be stranded in another state where they don't operate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 10:33pm On May 05, 2015
bambini:
Hey ple pls anyone with info on monterra apartments in pheonix? Asin cost n accessibilty, wats ur two cents abt it

Pls naa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by domrita: 10:44pm On May 05, 2015
hi dittobaby i am having this same kinda problems...cab fare and all to houston north west9so far away from town as i have heard) i sent u a pm pls kindly reply.
dittobaby:

I have the prices of this hospital. Is your Dr's fee for C-Section? If yes, please let me have the Dr's name and details. I hope he doesn't also have a fee for assistant surgeon. The prices I have are for Dr. Glenn Morgan.

Another challenge I have with this hospital is that it is about one hour away from my accommodation. Please could you help me find out how much taxi fare is from Highway 6 South Houston to Houston Northwest Hospital. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:58pm On May 05, 2015
zeezahbee:

Thanks dear,
I considered it, am looking for where to save money till I am ready to pay my bills. Right now, nothing's taking me out of IL

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.