Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (896763 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:01pm On May 05, 2015
Nogen:

My Nefetitiram, hope this is not one chance for you o. From Chase bank to US bank. You have better look for Bank of America and open an account with them. I would not like you to be stranded in another state where they don't operate.

grin one chance! BOA is far from me jor! US Bank and Chase are in the neighborhood. To be jumping buses to go and deposit money again? Hian
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 11:45pm On May 05, 2015
I don born o!!
Had my baby at 7pm Nigerian time. I can't thank God enough. Mother and baby doing great.

And yeah... It's a girl!

42 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 11:48pm On May 05, 2015
chidaroy:
I don born o!!
Had my baby at 7pm Nigerian time. I can't thank God enough. Mother and baby doing great.

And yeah... It's a girl!

Praise God!!! Congrats dear.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 12:02am On May 06, 2015
chidaroy:
I don born o!!

And yeah... It's a girl!

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:07am On May 06, 2015
Please I need information on North Carolina hospital estimate,I have an appointment but no breakdown of cost they say it will only be goven when I arrive for my first appointment and I don't what any issues as per Poe as nothing to show .please mothers and father I need your help on this.i will appreciate your response.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 2:49am On May 06, 2015
chidaroy:
I don born o!!
And yeah... It's a girl!
Congratulations chidaroy, God is good.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 5:49am On May 06, 2015
nefertitiram:

Thanks dear,
I considered it, am looking for where to save money till I am ready to pay my bills. Right now, nothing's taking me out of IL
You and Chicago tho. My guy lives there but that their cold weather is epic. Anyways he said you should check John H. Stroger hospital (cook county health). 1969 w ogden ave chicago illinois 60612. That's where he work. He said they might have a cheap package.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 6:46am On May 06, 2015
@chidaroy, congrats! And thank God for a safe delivery. May she be a source of joy to you and ur family.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 6:50am On May 06, 2015
chidaroy:
I don born o!!
And yeah... It's a girl!
Congrats dear. we bless God for safe delivery and good health.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 6:52am On May 06, 2015
Congratulations Chidaroy. God bless your newborn.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:23am On May 06, 2015
zeezahbee:
You and Chicago tho. My guy lives there but that their cold weather is epic. Anyways he said you should check John H. Stroger hospital (cook county health). 1969 w ogden ave chicago illinois 60612. That's where he work. He said they might have a cheap package.

Don't mind me o! I'm not close to anyone anywhere else in US. Infact before I met my long lost cousin on FB (2nd or 3rd cousin sef), thanks to this missionary journey, I practically had nobody! I think I'm the only one without a relative here. sad
Been seeing John Stroger Hosp, it's so massive, walking in there is intimidating. Will explore the option this week.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 8:01am On May 06, 2015
chidaroy:
I don born o!!

And yeah... It's a girl!

Yippee!!!! Congratulations....Very happy seeing your post!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:06am On May 06, 2015
nefertitiram:
Don't mind me o! I'm not close to anyone anywhere else in US. Infact before I met my long lost cousin on FB (2nd or 3rd cousin sef), thanks to this missionary journey, I practically had nobody! I think I'm the only one without a relative here. sad
Been seeing John Stroger Hosp, it's so massive, walking in there is intimidating. Will explore the option this week.

Huh? Babe, we plenty wey no know anybody for US ooo. Even some wey get relatives sef still opted to stay by themselves in a different state. Mostly cos of hospital cost.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 8:07am On May 06, 2015
nefertitiram:
Don't mind me o! I'm not close to anyone anywhere else in US. Infact before I met my long lost cousin on FB (2nd or 3rd cousin sef), thanks to this missionary journey, I practically had nobody! I think I'm the only one without a relative here. sad Been seeing John Stroger Hosp, it's so massive, walking in there is intimidating. Will explore the option this week.

Madam I am not happy with your level of preparation especially as an old timer. You don't need all these stress of searching hospital packages at all. God forbid if you should need an urgent medical attention where will you go? If there is any cheap package in Chicago, i am sure a member of this thread would have used it by now.

You should decide on one hospital right now. If you insist on chicago then Chill in Chicago and prayerfully expect your baby. Otherwise move to elpaso, phoenix or Houston and spend the additional 3k or 2k that hospitals will charge you in Chicago on a comfortable accommodation in those places.One love.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:08am On May 06, 2015
Congrats Chidaroy! May God bless her. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chidaroy(f): 8:32am On May 06, 2015
Amen dear
Phema:
Congrats Chidaroy! May God bless her. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 9:10am On May 06, 2015
chidaroy:
I don born o!!

congrats chidaroy.

[quote author=Phema post=33463319]
Even some wey get relatives sef still opted to stay by themselves in a different state. Mostly cos of hospital cost.

Even me wey get, i don respect myself go look for accommodation. 2 months no be beans, b4 u ll be indebted to someone for life. and when you are ready to travel back to nigeria and your host gives you like 2 suitcases of load to carry, you wont want to say No.

And to all my Telemundo colleagues, I see yah.

Pls house, after thinking for months, i have decided to go with BA. I cant do that Emirates journey of Life in my condition. So i bought one way BA ticket to NY and call wakanow to open the first leg of my journey (Abuja to NY with emirates), they asked me to send a message to abuja@wakanow.com which i did, they replied immediately saying it is not possible that i have to use the first leg and open the other one.I sent another mail asking for refund but they have refused to reply o. Pls what do i do now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 10:09am On May 06, 2015
hmmm... this one i must say u are invariably sitting on a very long thing..

wakanow buys the extremely discounted tickets from the airlines (which are not subject to refunds, huge cost for changes etc) and sells back to us as economy tickets thats why the airline when you call them for flight reschedules et al, they redirect you back to the agency you bought the tickets from.

in view of the above, i can categorically tell you wakanow will not refund you that money.... not unless you fight them well well..

i booked emirates for myself and family going for vocation and birthing journey directly on emirates website and we were given a complimentary 1 day layover in dubai, visa, hotel and meals all complimentary whilst the flight time from dubai to dallas is 16 hours. (change fee of less than USD200.00.

you may need to send someone directly to wakanow office to liaise with them. sending emails you wil just be getting automated response n stuff..

goodluck with the venture..

PS: you may need to note that there is a risk that when the said flight date reaches and wakanow does not notify the airline properly of your intentions, their system may automatically cancel your flight ticket on no show (on hold) and as such u may find it very very difficult getting on the return leg flight from the states.. please follow up so u may not be stranded at the airport with your baby.. this happened to me last year when i travelled to dubai using ethiopian air where i changed my first (to) leg and used a one way emirates and on my return back to nigeria ethiopian air told me my ticket was cancelled on no show (on hold) and i will be placed on waiting list to check after full boarding if there is space for them to consider carrying me along back else i should call my agent who booked the ticket... imagine the panic meehn. buh luckily it was not a rush hour period and i got in the flight eventually.

[quote author=mabels post=33465158][/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 10:36am On May 06, 2015
chidaroy:
I don born o!!

And yeah... It's a girl!

Congrats and my love to the little princess

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl: 10:57am On May 06, 2015
Hello everyone, pls I need a sample of consent letter from husband allowing one in using his fund for visa application.Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 11:12am On May 06, 2015
[quote author=mabels post=33465158][/quote]Call their number or keep disturbing with email. Fight them well well or else u wanna lose that money. Na so them dey do
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:13am On May 06, 2015
Tvegas:

Madam I am not happy with your level of preparation especially as an old timer. You don't need all these stress of searching hospital packages at all. God forbid if you should need an urgent medical attention where will you go? If there is any cheap package in Chicago, i am sure a member of this thread would have used it by now.

You should decide on one hospital right now. If you insist on chicago then Chill in Chicago and prayerfully expect your baby. Otherwise move to elpaso, phoenix or Houston and spend the additional 3k or 2k that hospitals will charge you in Chicago on a comfortable accommodation in those places.One love.

Huhn? What are you talking about? Did I miss something somewhere? Do you even read my posts at all you come charging in like a bull out of its cage? Did I say I haven't found a hospital? Did you miss the 'Rivers state post? And did you miss the part where I came this early at 20 weeks solely for the purpose of searching? Or did your wife deliver at 20 weeks?
And if I need urgent care is there no ER? Or is it your money? Haba?
Please please please, stay your lane o! I am still collating results for announcements. If you are not pleased, jump and pass. The relevant parties are eagerly waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 11:15am On May 06, 2015
nefertitiram:

Huhn? What are you talking about? Did I miss something somewhere?
Lmao, he's trying to sAy u should move out of Chicago nd go to other states that are cheap and you should use the change to get accommodation. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:28am On May 06, 2015
zeezahbee:
Lmao, he's trying to sAy u should move out of Chicago nd go to other states that are cheap and you should use the change to get accommodation. cheesy cheesy

So it's all that plenty grammar he is using to send this 2 sentence communication and annoying me in the process.
Biko, is he the one paying my bills? If @TVegas is so concerned, pls o! He should help me pay for 4 months @ el Paso, Houston or Phoenix b4 my delivery, it will be well appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 11:34am On May 06, 2015
Come oya... make unu take am easy oooh..
mk una no come "orubebe" this matter for people ooh...
i know hormones are on the rise and higly volatile products are in the pipeline..buh still... @nerf, he's just saying.. no take am too personal.. he like u naim mk e talk am.. else he go just pack well and kip his "I told you so" until later weh begin pay like white...

you know we get our special way of showing luv here.. if them no fight/kira with you or even reprimand then make u know say nobody even send ur case be that....

Tvegas et al, please fire on pumping from all cylinders as always. big ups n kip feeding us info.

nefertitiram:

Huhn? What are you talking about? Did I miss something somewhere? Do you even read my posts at all you come charging in like a bull out of its cage? Did I say I haven't found a hospital? Did you miss the 'Rivers state post? And did you miss the part where I came this early at 20 weeks solely for the purpose of searching? Or did your wife deliver at 20 weeks?
And if I need urgent care is there no ER? Or is it your money? Haba?
Please please please, stay your lane o! I am still collating results for announcements. If you are not pleased, jump and pass. The relevant parties are eagerly waiting.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:38am On May 06, 2015
olokings:
Come oya... make unu take am easy oooh..
mk una no come "orubebe" this matter for people ooh...
i know hormones are on the rise and higly volatile products are in the pipeline..buh still... @nerf, he's just saying.. no take am too personal.. he like u naim mk e talk am.. else he go just pack well and kip his "I told you so" until later weh begin pay like white...

you know we get our special way of showing luv here.. if them no fight/kira with you or even reprimand then make u know say nobody even send ur case be that....

Tvegas et al, please fire on pumping from all cylinders as always. big ups n kip feeding us info.

Thank you my brother. Orubebe was trying to disrupt the elections process! He doesn't want us to announce something new, it must always be PDP (El Paso, Houston and Phoenix)! No way! Change is here! Lolz!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 11:57am On May 06, 2015
Orubebe and Jega abeg make una wait small for coffee break, I wan ask this urgent small tinini question. What is the distance from Dallas to Houston? My heart dey cut for Houston POE and I don't want story that touches so I am contemplating on flying directly to Dallas and use one way local ticket, abi make I borrow muscle use Maclean that day fly directly to Houston? I have read some not too good experience with Houston POE and I don't want to add mine but the other way round. Jega and Orubebe must contribute because una get experience well shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:05pm On May 06, 2015
Nasadiva:
Orubebe and Jega abeg make una wait small for coffee break, I wan ask this urgent small tinini question. What is the distance from Dallas to Houston? My heart dey cut for Houston POE and I don't want story that touches so I am contemplating on flying directly to Dallas and use one way local ticket, abi make I borrow muscle use Maclean that day fly directly to Houston? I have read some not too good experience with Houston POE and I don't want to add mine but the other way round. Jega and Orubebe must contribute because una get experience well shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

Jega on the mic here. You know our coffee break is 2 hours and above! grin

45 to 55 mins by flight.
Please buy your domestic ticket well in advance before your trip (like 2 to 3 weeks in advance) to get a good deal. If you buy at the airport, it may cost a lot higher. Also consider your luggage, most US local flights charge for your check in luggage so that adds to your cost.
For return, some local flights don't charge you for baby, so that's not really a problem.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 12:11pm On May 06, 2015
Nasadiva:

Greetings... there is not Orubebe / Jega... however there is Jega team (@ Nerf) weh still dey collate results weeks after election has been concluded however we re yet to know weda PDP hold ground or APC go blow change weh we all go dey follow go now.

now on to your point of topic, my 50 cents is that you should enter through DFW (Dallas) given the good experiences we been getting from there.
southwest airline is still on weh u fit use transit to houston and even sef if you like, do road trip and give them naija style and trek from dallas to houston in commemoration of either Mai Gaskiya winning or Mai Jona farewell and statesmanship.

lol..all the same.. best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:24pm On May 06, 2015
olokings:

Greetings... there is not Orubebe / Jega... however there is Jega team (@ Nerf) weh still dey collate results weeks after election has been concluded however we re yet to know weda PDP hold ground or APC go blow change weh we all go dey follow go now.

nt of topic, my 50 cents is that on in commemoration of either Mai Gaskiya winning or Mai Jona farewell and statesmanship.

lol..all the same.. best of luck.

Elections is still ongoing. We have concluded from South-South (SouthSide) and are now collating results from Northside. After analysis, we will announce the results. Please bear with us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SAkale: 12:36pm On May 06, 2015
i just spoke to the US embassy concerning my husbands visa appointment, Please folk be careful...ONCE YOU USE YOUR receipt to schedule an appointment you CANT reschedule. ....be guided o..

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 12:52pm On May 06, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.