Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,167 members, 7,835,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (896617 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 1:20pm On May 06, 2015
Newmum0615:
My passport was with me till i got to the window. Bia Tvegas which one be ur own na? C'mon rejoice with me say i get the visa.

Lol.... just saw this now..... don't blame Tvegas o, maybe the procedure has changed now bc as at last year in Lagos you hand over your passports to the VOS after your bios and go to any cubicle that your number flashes on, you can not really dodge bc the person has your passport, you will only end up delaying yourself if you decide to dodge cos after everything you still go to the cubicle that already has your passport......
quess dats all changed now..... congrats
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by customised87: 1:35pm On May 06, 2015
olokings:
hmmm... this one i must say u are invariably sitting on a very long thing..

wakanow buys the extremely discounted tickets from the airlines (which are not subject to refunds, huge cost for changes etc) and sells back to us as economy tickets thats why the airline when you call them for flight reschedules et al, they redirect you back to the agency you bought the tickets from.

in view of the above, i can categorically tell you wakanow will not refund you that money.... not unless you fight them well well..

i booked emirates for myself and family going for vocation and birthing journey directly on emirates website and we were given a complimentary 1 day layover in dubai, visa, hotel and meals all complimentary whilst the flight time from dubai to dallas is 16 hours. (change fee of less than USD200.00.

you may need to send someone directly to wakanow office to liaise with them. sending emails you wil just be getting automated response n stuff..

goodluck with the venture..

Oh,How i hate Wakanow!!! Hissss! embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 1:56pm On May 06, 2015
Good afternoon everyone. Please I intend using MIHS in phoenix for birthing because I am expecting twins and the quotes I have seen and gotten from other hospitals so far have been scary. My confusion now is concerning accommodation, I need an accommodation that can take my mum,my toddler and myself and then the twins when they arrive.Also, my husband will be joining us early august( I am due to arrive phoenix next month). I am considering legacy suites,palm shadows or crossland. Please can anyone advice me which will be better?i am really confuse,spent 2days worrying over this issue.

Also, please at the Poe will I be allowed to carry yam, beans,crayfish, oil,etc ?what foods are forbidden please. Thank you so much, please eagerly awaiting answers please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 2:01pm On May 06, 2015
chidaroy:
I don born o!!
Had my baby at 7pm Nigerian time. I can't thank God enough. Mother and baby doing great.

And yeah... It's a girl!

Wow, thank God...... congrats on safe delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 06, 2015

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 06, 2015
[quote author=Gagat post=33355289][/quote]

I had to get to work after. it didn't start at 6.30 tho. we were only called in at the gate from 6.30, the inteviewers only came in like 7.15 or so
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 3:04pm On May 06, 2015
Congrats to the new Mama's in the house thank God for safe delivery. Have been dolling this thread for over 2 years and TTC God has finally smiled on me and I got my BFP this week. Please I have a few questions
1. Am about 4 weeks gone is it too early to start talking to a hospital/Dr in the US?
2. Is it too early to send the embassy a change of intent mail? My husband and I got our visa in 2014 and went on vacation with it in May last year.
3. With the way things are now my EDD is early Jan 2016 and my visa expires in early Feb would this be an issue at POS?
4. Does anyone have experience with having to extend their visa while in the US due to late arrival of baby and other reasons?
Please house an counting on you for response so I can start discussing my options with hubby. He doesn't like complications and if the Visa thing will bring complications he would rather I don't go and get banned for over staying.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 3:36pm On May 06, 2015
iolite88:
Congrats to the new Mama's in the house thank God for safe delivery. Have been dolling this thread for over 2 years and TTC God has finally smiled on me and I got my BFP this week. Please I have a few questions
1. Am about 4 weeks gone is it too early to start talking to a hospital/Dr in the US?
2. Is it too early to send the embassy a change of intent mail? My husband and I got our visa in 2014 and went on vacation with it in May

Congratulations! !! Why don't you renew your visa say by November /December . Get a hospital and doctor's correspondence and every other documents you might need ready so thatyou are prepared in case you are invited to the embassy. I'm sure you are qualified for Dropbox but they may decide to invite you. Congratulations once again.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:41pm On May 06, 2015
obeezydabs:
Hi everyone,

I would like to share my visa experience today. I just feel it is right and someone could use a s and rates. Suggestions are welcomed. I wont do delta though.

Lastly: i carried plentyyyyyyy docs. But all i was asked for was budget sheet and doctors correspondence.

list of what i carried, include:

letter of invitation
budget sheet of $15K
hospital costs (2)
budget sheet
doctors correspondence (3)
account statement ( hubby and I)
company introduction letter, employment letter, promotion letters, bonus, payslips (hubby and I)
marriage certificate
wedding pictures
wedding cards
marriage affidavit
newspaper change of name
hubbys passport page
letter of consent from hubby
company ID's (hubby and I)
international health insurance

Talking about confidence! You go girl! Oya! We are waiting for you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:45pm On May 06, 2015
iolite88:
Congrats to the new Mama's in the house thank God for safe delivery. Have been dolling ike complications and if the Visa thing will bring complications he would rather I don't go and get banned for over staying.

Congrats new mama, and welcome on board.
You can renew your visa, or decide to fly with the existing visa.
Your visa only takes you to the POE, u can use it up till the expiry date.
It's up to the CBP to decide how long you will stay but it's usually 6months. So if you travel in Dec 2015, you get stamped in till May 2016 (all things being equal).
But if you decide to renew your visa via dropbox, not a problem still. You can renew your visa up to 6 months before visa expiry date.

Wishing you a happy 9 months!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 6:04pm On May 06, 2015
Happymum:
Good afternoon everyone. Please I intend using MIHS in phoenix for birthing because I am expecting twins and the quotes I have seen and gotten from other hospitals so far have been scary. My confusion now is concerning accommodation, I need an accommodation that can take my mum,my toddler and myself and then the twins when they arrive.Also, my husband will be joining us early august( I am due to arrive phoenix next month). I am considering legacy suites,palm shadows or crossland. Please can anyone advice me which will be better..as per size and proximity to shops and all?i am really confuse,spent 2days worrying over this issue.

Also, please at the Poe will I be allowed to carry yam, beans,crayfish, oil,etc ?what foods are forbidden please. Thank you so much, please eagerly awaiting answers please

Gurus,please help a sister out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by KayLayChi: 6:14pm On May 06, 2015
Happymum:

from what I have read on this thread, i doubt if you will be allowed to take in yam, the beans has to be free of weavils, the crayfish should be grounded and dried and the palmoil should be frozen and wrapped very well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gb2014: 6:24pm On May 06, 2015
nefertitiram:
Everybody Houston, Houston Houston,

No Chicago cry cry

All alone in this big fat lonely windy city...

For Chicago pls check www.jilmedical.com
Vaginal delivery is $7500 $ csection is $9000
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shirley013: 6:24pm On May 06, 2015
Pls Mamas in the house who has gone back to Nigeria with United Airlines. Pls I want to know how strict they are cause I see myself having excess luggage. So I know what to expect.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 6:54pm On May 06, 2015
KayLayChi:

from what I have read on this thread, i doubt if you will be allowed to take in yam, the beans has to be free of weavils, the crayfish should be grounded and dried and the palmoil should be frozen and wrapped very well.

Ok,thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by fola62: 7:12pm On May 06, 2015
Hello House,

Please I urgently need information on costs, Hospital, and Doctor Referral for giving birth in Miami Florida.
There isn't any information on this thread about Miami Florida
Please its quite urgent.

Thank You.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 7:28pm On May 06, 2015
KayLayChi:

and the palmoil should be frozen and wrapped very well.
Happymum:

Kindly note that palm oil is considered as a vegetable product. It's not permissible but people do carry it at their own risk. There are tons of African stores in most American cities where you can buy palm oil.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamakady: 7:34pm On May 06, 2015
hello
please if anyone can help i contact DR A.G chaudary in Maryland and he reply with this email '

''Vaginal Delivery $2550.00, C-Section $2850.00 price includes basic blood work, one sonogram, office visits and delivery. Hospital is a estimate of $4000.00 could be more depending on type of delivery or any complications. If letter is needed there is a required deposit of $1500.00 up front which is subtracted from bill. We only accept cash or credit.''

am just wondering if this is sufficient for the interview or i need to get the letter
many yhanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 7:57pm On May 06, 2015
olokings:

Greetings... there is not Orubebe / Jega... however there is Jega team (@ Nerf) weh still dey collate results weeks after election has been concluded however we re yet to know weda PDP hold ground or APC go blow change weh we all go dey follow go now.
now on to your point of topic, my 50 cents is that you should enter through DFW (Dallas) given the good experiences we been getting from there.
southwest airline is still on weh u fit use transit to houston and even sef if you like, do road trip and give them naija style and trek from dallas to houston in commemoration of either Mai Gaskiya winning or Mai Jona farewell and statesmanship.
lol..all the same.. best of luck.
[quote author=nefertitiram post=33470455]
Jega on the mic here. You know our coffee break is 2 hours and above! grin
45 to 55 mins by flight.
Please buy your domestic ticket well in advance before your trip (like 2 to 3 weeks in advance) to get a good deal. If you buy at the airport, it may cost a lot higher. Also consider your luggage, most US local flights charge for your check in luggage so that adds to your cost.

Thanks a bunch Prof Jega and Jega team, i appreciate. Don't know why Orubebe decided to reserve his comment or suggestion.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 06, 2015
mamakady:
hello
please if anyone can help i contact DR A.G chaudary in Maryland and he reply with this email '

''Vaginal Delivery $2550.00, C-Section $2850.00 price includes basic blood work, one sonogram, office visits and delivery. Hospital is a estimate of $4000.00 could be more depending on type of delivery or any complications. If letter is needed there is a required deposit of $1500.00 up front which is subtracted from bill. We only accept cash or credit.''

am just wondering if this is sufficient for the interview or i need to get the letter
many yhanks

Hello sister pls can you help me with his email so I can contact him too am going to Maryland now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 10:10pm On May 06, 2015
Hello @nefertitiram, I sent u a PM. ...Pls chk

nefertitiram:

Thanks dear,
I considered it, am looking for where to save money till I am ready to pay my bills. Right now, nothing's taking me out of IL
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamakady: 10:12pm On May 06, 2015
Olaideodes:

Hello sister pls can you help me with his email so I can contact him too am going to Maryland now.

hi Love,
here is the email,

alicia.carroll33@verizon.net
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 06, 2015
mamakady:

hi Love,
here is the email,

alicia.carroll33@verizon.net
Thanks sis,please did you use any format to send it as this is only what I will show as my communication at point of entry.
I don't mind if you can email me d sample of what you sent.
God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ladyjoie: 10:44pm On May 06, 2015
hello everyone,
got dr Fagbohuns letter that states his estimate for hospital bill and it says hospital fees discounted rate at oakbend medical center, Richmond texas . this does not include NICU fees
please what's NICU ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tkaysexyb33: 11:08pm On May 06, 2015
ladyjoie:
hello everyone,
got dr Fagbohuns letter that states his estimate for hospital bill and it says hospital fees discounted rate at oakbend medical center, Richmond texas . this does not include NICU fees
please what's NICU ?

Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 11:12pm On May 06, 2015
Neo-natal intensive care unit

ladyjoie:
hello everyone,
please what's NICU ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 11:15pm On May 06, 2015
I suggest you go to google asap. Florida is not a popular destination.

fola62:
Hello House,

Please I urgently need information on costs, Hospital, and Doctor Referral for giving birth in Miami Florida.
Please its quite urgent.

Thank You.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by fola62: 11:25pm On May 06, 2015
shelly23:
I suggest you go to google asap. Florida is not a popular destination.

infact, google has not been of much help. Still waiting for any useful information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 12:03am On May 07, 2015
What keywords are you using to search? If you put in 'hospitals in miami' i'm sure stuff will come up. Click on each one, and look for the services they offer, if obstetrics or gynaecology shows up, look for their patient services or business office numbers and plan to call them. Most hospital websites usually have a list of doctor associated with them, you can also get numbers for doctors and call too.

This is what I had to do when I was searching for doctors and hospitals in Orlando. I must have called more than 30 doctors' offices before I found my doctor.

Roll up your sleeves and get to work! Good luck.

fola62:

infact, google has not been of much help. Still waiting for any useful information.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamakady: 12:05am On May 07, 2015
Olaideodes:

Thanks sis,please did you use any format to send it as this is only what I will show as my communication at point of entry.
I don't mind if you can email me d sample of what you sent.
God bless you.

i spoke with the lady first so the email was just to confirm my email so she can send the estimate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Kingsmum: 12:22am On May 07, 2015
During the course of my research I received the below maternity package from Baptist Hospital Miami Florida. Which is way pricey for me. You can call around for doctor fees

Thank you for your recent inquiry to our International Services Department.

For patients without insurance, we are able to offer a discounted international package price which needs to be paid in full prior delivery. In addition, the OBGYN fee’s and the neonatology’s fees which are not included in our discounted price packages. The prices below are our fully discounted packages.

If you don’t have a pediatrician, we can refer you to two neonatologist groups that work here at Baptist.

o Vaginal delivery estimated discounted price ranges from $6,990 - $8,090 (subject to change every fiscal year in October)
2 days hospitalization. Only anesthesiology and pathology fees are included.
o Cesarean delivery estimated discounted price range from $9,290 - $10,390
3 days hospitalization. Only anesthesiology and pathology fees are included. (subject to change every fiscal year in October)
o Vaginal Delivery turned C-section price ranges from $9,680 – $11,080

Friendly reminder****You must register and pay in full with our International Department, at least one month before delivery****

Baptist Hospital provides outstanding care, comfort and convenience for parents and newborns. When your special day arrives, our easy pre-admission process guarantees that we’ll be ready for your visit, and that the birth of your baby will take place in a beautiful setting. For added safety and peace of mind, our neonatologists and Neonatal Intensive Care Units are always available to care for premature babies. We also offer perinatal care for high-risk pregnancies. The estimated cost for a circumcision is approximately $290.00 facility cost only does not include physician’s fees.

fola62:
Hello House,
Please its quite urgent.

Thank You.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adiahabasi: 12:32am On May 07, 2015
shirley013:
Pls Mamas in the house who has gone back to Nigeria with United Airlines. Pls I want to know how strict they are cause I see myself having excess luggage. So I know what to expect.
Came back with united,they are quite strict wt luggage allowance 50.5 lbs max.They don't weigh ur hand luggage though,so I put in heavy stuff like wipes,shoes etc in there..but I was travelling wt mum,if u are going back to Naija alone u can't afford to hv a heavy carry on wt ur baby wt u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.