Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... (10483 Views)

Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow / Buhari Administration And Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by GeneralBosco: 5:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
[s]
3. OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY: To Be or Not To Be?
On December 26,2014, Buhari specifically said in Kaduna that there will be NO Office of the First Lady if elected. He said the Ministry of Women Affairs will be allowed to play such role. He was very emphatic, which I believe was in tandem with our constitution. However, we are witnessing a turn around where his wife Mrs Aisha Buhari has been touring the country campaigning for her husband. Mrs Aisha in a speech on January 24, 2015 said “If the office of the first lady is constitutionally recognised, he will not tamper with it, but if it is not, that’s okay.". (www.punchng.com/news/buhari-wont-scrap-first-ladys-office-wife/ ). One begins to wonder whether Mrs Buhari doesn't know that the office is unconstitutional and the "IF" in her statement is not even in contention or Is it that Gen Buhari has changed his mind with respect to the office(which I insist is unconstitutional).
[/s]
shocked Read this part again, everything you stated down here is very straightforward. What turnaround did Aisha Buhari make? Did she say that the office is constitutional?? What exactly is your question here?? You're becoming dull and boring bros.

13 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:

2. CORRUPT OFFICIALS PROBE: Compromised or Clipped?
In 2012 while speaking with SaharaTV, Buhari decried the level of corruption and scams going on since 1999, specifically the the $6.8 billion dollars fuel subsidy fraud, the N155 billion Malabu oil block scam, and the N36.8 billion police pension scheme. He advocated for government to prosecute, arrest and execute indicted officials based on documentary evidence. In his firm and assertive manner, he said
“Just use the documentary evidence and prosecute them and jail them or shoot them.”
saharareporters.com/2012/06/06/prosecute-them-and-jail-them-or-shoot-them-says-gen-buhari-saharatv

Buhari since 2003 has made it clear that he's coming to rid the system off corruption and bring perpetrators to justice. This is one attribute of his that even his detractors admired. We were shocked to the bones when John Oyegun on December 29, 2014 said that the APC and Buhari has agreed "Not to probe the past". More shocking was Buhari's speech in London on Feb 26, when he said he won't probe the past (thecityreporters.com/i-wont-probe-past-nigerian-leaders-buhari/ ). One begins to wonder whether Muhammadu Buhari has given up on the probe of former thieves so as not to offend the cabals within his party or he has been clipped by the "cabals" within his party who knows that probing the past will send them to jail. If Buhari insist on not probing the past, then he has to apologise to Second Republic Politicians that he visited their sins when he came onboard. He also has no business in Aso Rock as the incumbent is also focusing on the present(which he plan to do).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .assertions made on things cast in future!!! . . . . . . .don't be in shock this early . . . . . . . . .regardless of political comments flying around, Buhari is not yet president!! . . . . . . . . .you will know whether he has given up on the probe of former thieves when he becomes president and not before!!

10 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Firefire(m): 5:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:

Buhari since 2003 has made it clear that he's coming to rid the system off corruption and bring perpetrators to justice. This is one attribute of his that even his detractors admired. We were shocked to the bones when John Oyegun on December 29, 2014 said that the APC and Buhari has agreed "Not to probe the past". More shocking was Buhari's speech in London on Feb 26, when he said he won't probe the past (thecityreporters.com/i-wont-probe-past-nigerian-leaders-buhari/ ). One begins to wonder whether Muhammadu Buhari has given up on the probe of former thieves so as not to offend the cabals within his party or he has been clipped by the "cabals" within his party who knows that probing the past will send them to jail. If Buhari insist on not probing the past, then he has to apologise to Second Republic Politicians that he visited their sins when he came onboard. He also has no business in Aso Rock as the incumbent is also focusing on the present(which he plan to do).

Buhari is the BEST Deceiver I have ever seen, how can you say you will not look into the past? You will not consider the faulty foundation as per your earlier allegations? You will not probe the evil of the past leaders to set a precedence against the future?

Is it because you need the corrupt leader’s supports?

Is it because Buhari's cronies are involve?

Is it because Buhari of 2003, 2007 and 2011 is now different from the Buhari of 2015?

What has CHANGE?

Charity they say begins at home: Where is the example of good governance in APC states that warrant the abuse of the word CHANGE?

It is high time APC stopped deceiving gullible Nigerians with the useless slogan of CHANGE.

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself” - Leo Tolstoy

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Greece fell for the "change" scam. 1 month after, they are now protesting violently against a new government they elected on January 25 2015. (just Google Greek protest). Sentiments apart, PDP is not doing so well, but APC has NOTHING to offer Nigeria especially unity and peace wise.

Anyone that thinks that Tinubu is in this venture for nothing but to make gains must have a rethink. A Buhari govt will be so burdened it can't take off. Only Buhari, Tinubu and God know the insurance which Tinubu has against Buhari. Because Tinubu is a big time business man and knows no patriotism.

If Nigerians can get Gej to implement the confab report, it will be a huge step in the right direction.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Firefire(m): 5:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
janus05:
Greece fell for the "change" scam. 1 month after, they are now protesting violently against a new government they elected on January 25. Sentiments apart, PDP is not doing so well, but APC has NOTHING to offer Nigeria especially unity and peace wise.

Anyone that thinks that Tinubu is in this venture for nothing but to make gains must have a rethink. A Buhari govt will be so burdened it can't take off. Only Buhari, Tinubu and God know the insurance which Tinubu has against Buhari. Because Tinubu is a big time business man and knows no patriotism.

You caption it correctly.

6 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by dridowu: 5:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
All i know is that i am voting Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Truckpusher(m): 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
My brother, I was expecting them to put forward their own argument rather than try to derail.
It's a tactic to make the thread look irrelevant .

I have warned you. They are DEMONS in human clothing.

They will use any kind of tactic to weigh you down.

I know them . grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by ASL33: 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
olapluto:

If you listened well, Buhari answered your questions at the same Chatham house. He said if he was to go after corrupt officials, his government will not have time to face more serious issues of nation building.
Then where is the change? GEJ can as well say the same.

2 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
3. OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY: To Be or Not To Be?
On December 26,2014, Buhari specifically said in Kaduna that there will be NO Office of the First Lady if elected. He said the Ministry of Women Affairs will be allowed to play such role. He was very emphatic, which I believe was in tandem with our constitution. However, we are witnessing a turn around where his wife Mrs Aisha Buhari has been touring the country campaigning for her husband. Mrs Aisha in a speech on January 24, 2015 said “If the office of the first lady is constitutionally recognised, he will not tamper with it, but if it is not, that’s okay.". (www.punchng.com/news/buhari-wont-scrap-first-ladys-office-wife/ ). One begins to wonder whether Mrs Buhari doesn't know that the office is unconstitutional and the "IF" in her statement is not even in contention or Is it that Gen Buhari has changed his mind with respect to the office(which I insist is unconstitutional).

. . . . . . . . . .again, a case of comprehension my friend . . . . . . . . . .what's in Aisha Buhari's quote that has contradicted Buhari's stand?

10 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Truckpusher(m): 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
Firefire:

Buhari is the BEST Deceiver I have ever seen, how can you say you will not look into the past? You will not consider the faulty foundation as per your earlier allegations? You will not probe the evil of the past leaders to set a precedence against the future?

It is because you need the corrupt leader’s supports?

It is because Buhari's cronies are involve?

It is because Buhari of 2003, 2007 and 2011 is now different from the Buhari of 2015?

What has CHANGE?

Charity they say begins at home: Where is the example of good governance in APC states that warrant the abuse of the word CHANGE?

It is high time APC stopped deceiving gullible Nigerians with the useless slogan of CHANGE.

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself” - Leo Tolstoy

I do know that PDP didn't do very great but when I see the collection of conmen and criminals ganging up and calling themselves APC I can't help but figure out that these guys are out their to use Buhari and buy Nigeria but only Jonathan and some good men will defeat them .

11 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by ASL33: 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . . .again, a case of comprehension my friend . . . . . . . . . .what's in Aisha Buhari's quote that has contradicted Buhari's stand?
"if"
Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Firefire(m): 5:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
The truth is we just have to Take it that we are dealing with men that their lives was built on lies and deceit.

The PDP should do everything humanly possible to keep these criminals where they belong after the election.

Nigeria political landscape will never remain the same again. NEVER AGAIN shall we allow political jobbers who have only records of corruption to takes us for a ride. 'lobbish'.

1 Like

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
Firefire:

It is because you need the corrupt leader’s supports?
It is because Buhari's cronies are involve?
It is because Buhari of 2003, 2007 and 2011 is now different from the Buhari of 2015?
What has CHANGE?
that is why we should watch them carefully. It is so sad that they are yet to live their change. The most painful is that Buhari that was known to be uncompromising is singing the tune. It is either he has been pretending or he finally compromised or he is being played by the "dons"

9 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
It's a tactic to make the thread look irrelevant .

I have warned you. They are DEMONS in human clothing.

They will use any kind of tactic to weigh you down.

I know them . grin
They need to understand that Nigeria belongs to all of us. If you say let us change the incumbent, you have to come with a better deal. In their own case, their change looks like a negative one with Buhari as a front man. When Buhari was Head of State, he will jail anyone that threatened alternative government or makes false allegation without proof against the government. The APC has been accusing Jonathan of phantom ING and had threatened repeatedly to form alternative government with Buhari not saying anything. I wonder whether they see us as fools.

3 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Firefire(m): 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
I do know that PDP didn't do very great but when I see the collection of conmen and criminals ganging up and calling themselves APC I can't help but figure out that these guys are out their to use Buhari and buy Nigeria but only Jonathan and some good men will defeat them .

They shall surely be defeated. evil men / falling angels parading as angles of light.

Nigerians are wiser

3 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Chigold101(m): 6:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
olapluto:

Is your analysis for the feeble minded? the ones that do not reason beyond the surface?
And when will you analyse the falling naira, the job scams, the source of campaign funding for GEJ and the insecurity (which you seem very concerned about).
well we all know that GEJ is a “corrupt clueless“ person...
Therefore he doesnt need anymore probing from us but when “Apostle of Cleanliness & Saint Buhari begins to do those things he said he wont do, then it becomes imparative for us to PROBE DEEPER into his activities...

3 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Firefire(m): 6:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
that is why we should watch them carefully. It is so sad that they are yet to live their change. The most painful is that Buhari that was known to be uncompromising is singing the tune. It is either he has been pretending or he finally compromised or he is being played by the "dons"

I presume that Buhari is corrupt because no one can corrupt you unless you are corrupt!

3 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
As for me and my families, APC is not a political party. APC is a Gang! You can check the definition of gang here if u r in doubt: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang

4 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Firefire(m): 6:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
Chigold101:
well we all know that GEJ is a “corrupt clueless“ person...
Therefore he doesnt need anymore probing from us but when [b]“Apostle of Cleanliness & Saint Buhari [/b]begins to do those things he said he wont do, then it becomes imparative for us to PROBE DEEPER into his activities...

Apostle indeed cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Firefire(m): 6:08pm On Mar 04, 2015
janus05:
As for me and my families, APC is not a political party. APC is a Gang! You can check the definition of gang here if u r in doubt: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang

"A gang is a group of recurrently associating individuals or close friends or family with identifiable leadership and internal organization,

identifying with or claiming control over territory in a community, and engaging either individually or collectively in violent or other forms of

illegal behavior.[2] Some criminal gang members are "jumped in" or have to prove their loyalty by committing acts such as theft or violence.

Although gangs exist internationally, there is a greater level of study and knowledgeable information of gangs specifically in the United States.

A member of a gang may be called a gangster".

Interesting...

6 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by ozoigbondu: 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
All those shputing change should be carefull of the change they want.Let it not be the change they are screaming for.

Libya wanted change now the country is being ran by warlords grabbing land through war
Syria wanted change now their is serious civil war with ISIS running around too.Assad is no where out.
Yemen screamed change and is now ran by a group called houiti rebels
Ukraine screamed change now there is civil war with russia planning to annex their land

Be careful of the change you seek.Beware of this change agents for it will be the case of jumping from frying pan into fire

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
There is no office of a first lady. If Buhari decides to stop the fraudulent allocation of fund to a non-existent office, he is on course.
OP, I advised you to take a break from this forum but you refused. See the way you keep making flaws. How do you feel when forumites go to your archive to lift your own comments to counter you? O fi owo re se ara e.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by themilanway(m): 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2015
What you fail to realize is that is that you have unfatiguely sold Buhari's candidacy right on this very forum when you were not yet"threatened"and seeking for"protection".

You deserved a worthy mention,God willing when Buhari wins,even though you later went back to your vomit.

I dislike propanganda politics as i prefer we talk and debate real issues that affect each and every one of our lives.

Unfortunately,you have revert back to what PDP has been doing since the election campaign began........propanganda,a shame and tactless approach,if you ask me.

I know you are trying to stay relevant here,but in all honesty,you have lost whatever prestige and respect you had,even among your"old vomit".Cyberwolf a PDP/GEJ support is wary of you.I guess that's the price you pay for speaking with both side of the mouth,a trait that is not known with men of honour,intergrity and class.

A Borno based pastor have been singing to who ever cares to listen that he have the names of those who partook in sharing theN7 billion bounty,confirming the allegation Amechi made.

I want to believe you were on a vacation on a lonely island that you missed the news.

The electorates mind have already been made up as to who they would want to see in Aso rock come may 29,propanganda or not,half truth or not,there minds have been made up.

I'm surprised you never made mention of GEJ sharing dollars to traditional rulers,the leaders of igbo's in lagos or the recent sharing of dollars to bloggers in lagos.

He that comes with equity must come with clean hands is your favourite cliche,my bad......
I forgot you are now back to your old vomit,forgive me.

No new propanganda by you,PDP or GEJ can stop the Amiable General from marching to Aso rock come may 29.

Sai Buhari

The change is here.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Firefire(m): 6:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
[s]
themilanway:
What you fail to realize is that is that you have unfatiguely sold Buhari's candidacy right on this very forum when you were not yet"threatened"and seeking for"protection".

You deserved a worthy mention,God willing when Buhari wins,even though you later went back to your vomit.

I dislike propanganda politics as i prefer we talk and debate real issues that affect each and every one of our lives.

Unfortunately,you have revert back to what PDP has been doing since the election campaign began........propanganda,a shame and tactless approach,if you ask me.

I know you are trying to stay relevant here,but in all honesty,you have lost whatever prestige and respect you had,even among your"old vomit".Cyberwolf a PDP/GEJ support is wary of you.I guess that's the price you pay for speaking with both side of the mouth,a trait that is not known with men of honour,intergrity and class.

A Borno based pastor have been singing to who ever cares to listen that he have the names of those who partook in sharing theN7 billion bounty,confirming the allegation Amechi made.

I want to believe you were on a vacation on a lonely island that you missed the news.

The electorates mind have already been made up as to who they would want to see in Aso rock come may 29,propanganda or not,half truth or not,there minds have been made up.

I'm surprised you never made mention of GEJ sharing dollars to traditional rulers,the leaders of igbo's in lagos or the recent sharing of dollars to bloggers in lagos.

He that comes with equity must come with clean hands is your favourite cliche,my bad......

No new propanganda by you,PDP or GEJ can stop the Amiable General from marching to Aso rock come may 29.

Sai Buhari

The change is here.
[/s][s][/s]

3 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
There are so much corrupt stakeholders in the Buhari project such that his government will be more corrupt than the word corruption itself

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Ikology(m): 6:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
Is it not Obvious that GMB cannot be trusted?
He was in the forefront advocating for Amnesty for Bokoharam but recently he has turned to say he won't grant Amnesty to Bokoharam. We should not be deceived, the moneybags have taken over. He can't even predict his next step. I can see the hands of the frogged eye politician in this. Who ever beleives in these fake change agents are nothing but political jobbers.

4 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Firefire(m): 6:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
Ikology:
Is it not Obvious that GMB cannot be trusted?
He was in the forefront advocating for Amnesty for Bokoharam but recently he has turned to say he won't grant Amnesty to Bokoharam. We should not be deceived, the moneybags have taken over. He can't even predict his next step. I can see the hands of the frogged eye politician in this. Who ever beleives in these fake change agents are nothing but political jobbers.

Double mouthed gradpa, old age may be the reason cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Firefire(m): 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
There is no office of a first lady. If Buhari decides to stop the fraudulent allocation of fund to a non-existent office, he is on course.
OP, I advised you to take a break from this forum but you refused. See the way you keep making flaws. How do you feel when forumites go to your archive to lift your own comments to counter you? O fi owo re se ara e.

Ni bo ? ko jo rara, Buhari ti fi idi re mi already.

Never again shall we allow gangsters to take us for a ride...

It is a hand soiled with oil that brings about the lips soiled with oil, sorry Buhari, your BAD company already corrupted your good manners if any.

2 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
themilanway:

Sai Buhari

The change is here.
I don't know what you term "propaganda". Did I put words into GMB's mouth? Or did I falsely ascribe words to him? When you shout "PDP" propaganda I begin to ask where the "PDP" propaganda is. I raised points, if you really love Nigeria and wants good you will look at the merit or demerit of my whatever without relying on epistles. When you people says Nigerians minds are made, I find it laughable and I presume that some of you think Nigerians are zombies...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by PhockPhockMan: 6:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
olapluto:

If you listened well, Buhari answered your questions at the same Chatham house. He said if he was to go after corrupt officials, his government will not have time to face more serious issues of nation building.
If that is so, why do you people expect Jonathan to spend time he would've used on "serious issues of nation building" to chase corrupt people?
You people can't stop amazing me.

5 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by PhockPhockMan: 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
olapluto:

Is your analysis for the feeble minded? the ones that do not reason beyond the surface?
And when will you analyse the falling naira, the job scams, the source of campaign funding for GEJ and the insecurity (which you seem very concerned about).
please face topic.

3 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by hybeenoni: 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2015
How true it is dt 'he who stands 4 nothing eventually falls 4 anything'! D same Barcanista fighting tooth nd nail 4 Buhari nw suddenly fighting 4 Gej.
What could be d cause?
Could it be dt u were on an auto run b4?
U jst woke up from ur dream?
Ooooooooh u finally named ur price to PDP!!!
Hypocrisy at its peak
R u blind to d death of Nigerian youths @ d fraud called immigration exercise?
Fuel subsidy?
Dwindling external reseve?
Massive corruption?
Has any public office holder ever being convicted nd sent to jail for corruption under gej?
Try get some dignity nd cover up ur hypocricy!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Borno: Councilor Disappears With 300 Bags Of Rice From Idps Camp / Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years / See The Face-me I Face-you Ajumobi Apartment Sahara Reporters Called Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.