Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,444 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... (10478 Views)

Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow / Buhari Administration And Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
PassingShot, did my dear barcanista accept the debate yet? That's my only interest here, i will help facilitate.

Barcanista please don't disappoint

2 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Iykopee(m): 8:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
Barcanista dont mind these angry goats raining insults on you. That's their stock in trade. They responded to the issues u raised selectively while throwing up tantrums to register their grievances on u since u left their devilish camp.

1 Like

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Larriekay: 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
I'm always sociable. I don't play kill and bury politics and I don't bother engaging whoever does. As for discrediting GMB(or whatever), that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.
lol....... How u dey sha?
Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
Iykopee:
Barcanista dont mind these angry goats raining insults on you. That's their stock in trade. They responded to the issues u raised selectively while throwing up tantrums to register their grievances on u since u left their devilish camp.
My boss, you should be rest assured that ignoring whoever that devices insult to drive home his/her point is my thing. Funny enough, the same person that has been insulting me(and I kept ignoring) is the same person asking me to honor him with a debate. Who is a fool?

1 Like

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Larriekay:
lol....... How u dey sha?
Very well, and hope you are too?

1 Like

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Controlled(f): 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
My boss, you should be rest assured that ignoring whoever that devices insult to drive home his/her point is my thing. Funny enough, the same person that has been insulting me(and I kept ignoring) is the same person asking me to honor him with a debate. Who is a fool?

sharaapppp....shameless 419er.....barawo banza........ grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
Sounds so much like buhari and the debate, i am so loving this.

4 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Controlled(f): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
I'm not blind. I DELIBERATELY IGNORED and I will continue to do the same. I WILL NOT debate with someone that has been insulting, trolling and spamming me since my defection and won't honor him with a response. Thank you and I'm done with that

begone....tiv..... angry grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
Obiagelli:

Sounds so much like buhari and the debate, i am so loving this.
I thought you said you are "unfollowing" the thread? Or you were expecting me to reply you? Let me repeat myself, I won't honor anybody that insult me. Not with response or attention. You notice that I don't tag some of you on my thread. If you come to thread and contribute, fine. If you come to derail or insult, I will ignore. I'm replying you because I still have little respect for you...

3 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
I'm not blind. I DELIBERATELY IGNORED and I will continue to do the same. I WILL NOT debate with someone that has been insulting, trolling and spamming me since my defection and won't honor him with a response. Thank you and I'm done with that
Another buhari line. Woh

3 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Scholes007(m): 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
I'm not blind. I DELIBERATELY IGNORED and I will e same. I WILL NOT debate with someone that has been insulting, trolling and spamming me s continue ince my defection and won't honor him with a continue response. Thank you and I'm done with that
BEST approach to people who are heavily bittered about your exit is just what you did now...i have been following your post ever since then and I'm filled with joy about the 1daful work you are doing. keep it up and more grease to your elbow...i know most people on this forum have changed their mind because of you... thanks once more for your great work

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
I thought you said you are "unfollowing" the thread? .
Just had to follow the debate.

Just btw, never insulted u.

2 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Larriekay: 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
Very well, and hope you are too?
I full ground bro. Even though we no dey same camp, u still have my respect on some issues

2 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
Larriekay:
I full ground bro. Even though we no dey same camp, u still have my respect on some issues
Cheers bro..

1 Like

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by fritiyo: 9:26pm On Mar 04, 2015
olapluto:

If you listened well, Buhari answered your questions at the same Chatham house. He said if he was to go after corrupt officials, his government will not have time to face more serious issues of nation building.

So, why is he blaming GEJ for not going after corrupt people?

He want gej to use his precious time going after people while he should be using it transform the country.

Of a truth, Buhari is confused and sick. he lack democratic principles needed to rule over 170million pple.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
Scholes007:

BEST approach to people who are heavily bittered about your exit is just what you did now...i have been following your post ever since then and I'm filled with joy about the 1daful work you are doing. keep it up and more grease to your elbow...i know most people on this forum have changed their mind because of you... thanks once more for your great work
Thanks brother. We have the responsibility of enlightening the Nigeria masses who may not know about the deceit of the broom wavers

1 Like

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by reborn1: 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
olapluto:

If you listened well, Buhari answered your questions at the same Chatham house. He said if he was to go after corrupt officials, his government will not have time to face more serious issues of nation building.

You are wrong. He said if he was to probe PAST admin, his government wont have the time to focus but he will draw the line from May 29th and allow the court to settle pending cases.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by fritiyo: 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
@ first paragraph, I don't understand your point.

@Second paragraph I did mention the democratic antecedents of Buhari with respected to post election lawsuits. I don't know whether you read the post.

what do u expect from an hypocrite that support another hypocrite?

They lack principles like their master, So he wont devote time to go through ur excellent write up, that clearly showed how buhari should not b trusted with power. the moment he become president, he will turn deaf ear to prosecute all the corrupt pple following him behing.

1 Like

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
1. CAMPAIGN FUNDING: Moneybags or The Masses?
Muhammadu Buhari said in Dec 24, 2014 that no moneybag will fund his campaign, but the masses will. He said he wouldn't want anybody to hijack his government IF elected. In his own words “My strength mainly are the ordinary people. N100 is plenty of money for them and I know that they are going to make the sacrifice required for the change we are looking for, especially when I made them a promise to be transparent and personally be responsible for the money. I depend on them and we are taking this idea mainly from what happened in the United States of America.
“When he came with this idea, he was able to finance his campaign without looking for money bags or anybody influential and so, he remained independent and was hostage to nobody. This is what I want to achieve.”

However, on the 7th of January 2015, it was reported that exVice President Atiku Abubakar(who was indicted by the Senate for diverting funds meant for the PTDF in 2007) donated N50 million, an aircraft and 12 Land Cruiser Sports Utility Vehicles to Buhari’s campaign
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-atiku-they-didn-8217-t-know/198587/

Same January 7th, It was also reported that Imo State Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha donated Presidential campaign bus that is valued to N50million to Buhari Campaign.

Is it that Buhari has finally surrendered to the moneybags or he has been clipped by these moneybags and his campaign hijacked by these men?

2. CORRUPT OFFICIALS PROBE: Compromised or Clipped?
In 2012 while speaking with SaharaTV, Buhari decried the level of corruption and scams going on since 1999, specifically the the $6.8 billion dollars fuel subsidy fraud, the N155 billion Malabu oil block scam, and the N36.8 billion police pension scheme. He advocated for government to prosecute, arrest and execute indicted officials based on documentary evidence. In his firm and assertive manner, he said
“Just use the documentary evidence and prosecute them and jail them or shoot them.”
saharareporters.com/2012/06/06/prosecute-them-and-jail-them-or-shoot-them-says-gen-buhari-saharatv

Buhari since 2003 has made it clear that he's coming to rid the system off corruption and bring perpetrators to justice. This is one attribute of his that even his detractors admired. We were shocked to the bones when John Oyegun on December 29, 2014 said that the APC and Buhari has agreed "Not to probe the past". More shocking was Buhari's speech in London on Feb 26, when he said he won't probe the past (thecityreporters.com/i-wont-probe-past-nigerian-leaders-buhari/ ). One begins to wonder whether Muhammadu Buhari has given up on the probe of former thieves so as not to offend the cabals within his party or he has been clipped by the "cabals" within his party who knows that probing the past will send them to jail. If Buhari insist on not probing the past, then he has to apologise to Second Republic Politicians that he visited their sins when he came onboard. He also has no business in Aso Rock as the incumbent is also focusing on the present(which he plan to do).

3. OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY: To Be or Not To Be?
On December 26,2014, Buhari specifically said in Kaduna that there will be NO Office of the First Lady if elected. He said the Ministry of Women Affairs will be allowed to play such role. He was very emphatic, which I believe was in tandem with our constitution. However, we are witnessing a turn around where his wife Mrs Aisha Buhari has been touring the country campaigning for her husband. Mrs Aisha in a speech on January 24, 2015 said “If the office of the first lady is constitutionally recognised, he will not tamper with it, but if it is not, that’s okay.". (www.punchng.com/news/buhari-wont-scrap-first-ladys-office-wife/ ). One begins to wonder whether Mrs Buhari doesn't know that the office is unconstitutional and the "IF" in her statement is not even in contention or Is it that Gen Buhari has changed his mind with respect to the office(which I insist is unconstitutional).

4. POST ELECTION: The Court or Lawlessness?
In 2003 Gen Buhari the candidate of ANPP spent 20 months in court challenging the fraudulent election result as announced by Obasanjo(navigator) INEC. In 2007 Gen Buhari also went to court to challenge the election of Musa Yardua even against the wish of his party that decided to join the Yaradua Government of National Unity(the Oyegun group). Buhari contested and challenged the result of President Jonathan as the CPC candidate. He lost yet he had his head high because he followed through democratic means. Sadly, as candidate of the APC, his party through its Chairman and Campaign D-G vowed to form "Alternative Government" if by their own judgement the Presidential election was rigged. They also specifically said they won't go to court to challenge the result. In other words they are ready to burn the country and cause chaos rather than take the "evidence" to court(if any).
Is it that General Buhari is tired of following constitutional process or he has been totally hijacked by his Associates? Will Buhari tolerate such a threat from any quarter if he was the incumbent?

BONUS:
5. PASTOR BRIBE: Amaechi(APC) or GEJ(PDP)
Earlier in February Amaechi accused PDP(GEJ) of bribing Pastors with N6 billion. However, he was challenged by Pastor Adeboye of RCCG to mention names but till today he has gone mute.
On the other hand, Bishop Emmah Isong, Chairman, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) in Cross River State accused Amaechi of bribing 500 Pastors in Hotel Presidential, Rivers state. He challenged Amaechi to refute the allegation but till today Amaechi didn't deny.
www.naij.com/382942-amaechi-paid-500-pastors-to-campaign-for-buhari-bishop-isong.html
If Amaechi is very sure of his allegation against the PDP, why is he mute on alleged receivers of the bribe? Is Amaechi guilty of bribing the Pastors as alleged by the PFN Chief?

I salute your intellectual sagacity sire. That is how to present issues. You raised a lot of issues and backed them up with links. No insults and personal attacks. Just the fact of the matter. I wish people on the other side would just emulate this.

4 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by myweb(m): 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, abeg try carry this thing to FP na..

ASE O TIE LE. ONIRANU. YOU ONLY PREY ON SOFT TARGET.

PASSINGSHOT THANK YOU FOR DEMYSTIFYING THE LAZY DRONE. YOU LOST ALL YOUR RESPECT. OLE

IF SEUN SHOULD PUSH THIS TO FRONT PAGE....INFACT ITS DERANKING ON YOUR PART.ALL YOUR COMRADES DON RUN LEAVE YOU. YOUR ARE MORE OF A LIABILITY TO THEM NOW THAN ASSET.

NTORRR. NO RESPECT FOR PROTECTION SEEKER LEFT.

THERE IS ALWAYS A LIMIT TO BEING CHEAP

PASSINGSHOT 10000 ORIGIN FOR YOU.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 04, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

I salute your intellectual sagacity sire. That is how to present issues. You raised a lot of issues and backed them up with links. No insults and personal attacks. Just the fact of the matter. I wish people on the other side would just emulate this.
Gracias bro...I wish they learn how to put away vulgar language.

2 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by OAUTemitayo: 10:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
I need protection
barcanista:
Gracias bro...I wish they learn how to put away vulgar language.

3 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by olapluto(m): 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
reborn1:

You are wrong. He said if he was to probe PAST admin, his government wont have the time to focus but he will draw the line from May 29th and allow the court to settle pending cases.
You put it better than me. The OP was just being mischievous.

4 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by ojaydedon(m): 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
myweb:

ASE O TIE LE. ONIRANU. YOU ONLY PREY ON SOFT TARGET.

PASSINGSHOT THANK YOU FOR DEMYSTIFYING THE LAZY DRONE. YOU LOST ALL YOUR RESPECT. OLE

IF SEUN SHOULD PUSH THIS TO FRONT PAGE....INFACT ITS DERANKING ON YOUR PART.ALL YOUR COMRADES DON RUN LEAVE YOU. YOUR ARE MORE OF A LIABILITY TO THEM NOW THAN ASSET.

NTORRR. NO RESPECT FOR PROTECTION SEEKER LEFT.

THERE IS ALWAYS A LIMIT TO BEING CHEAP

PASSINGSHOT 10000 ORIGIN FOR YOU.

hmmmm.... Is dat what ur change is all about

Insults??

Hatred

Etc..

No bases for argument just hate and insults

BARCANISTA HOW DID U COPE WHEN U WERE IN THEIR CAMP

This una change is terrible oh..
No wonder barcanista fleed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by olapluto(m): 11:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
I need protection
Lol. There's security vote in the budget now.

1 Like

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by ojaydedon(m): 11:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
Controlled:

sharaapppp....shameless 419er.....barawo banza........ grin grin grin

another change agent.. grin grin

this una change eh..

1 Like

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
ojaydedon:

hmmmm.... Is dat what ur change is all about

Insults??

Hatred

Etc..

No bases for argument just hate and insults

BARCANISTA HOW DID U COPE WHEN U WERE IN THEIR CAMP

This una change is terrible oh..
No wonder barcanista fleed
Actually, my experience in that camp isn't one I will wish my enemy. Whenever I disagree on some issues, some of them tag me mole. In fact, the de facto rule is "Never criticise APC, always agree and always oppose GEJ/PDP" or face our wrath. Well, it is past now... I'm so glad to return to the umbrella. As for insults from some of them, it isn't a new thing. I will continie to ignore

1 Like

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by ojaydedon(m): 11:09pm On Mar 04, 2015
barcanista:
Actually, my experience in that camp isn't one I will wish my enemy. Whenever I disagree on some issues, some of them tag me mole. In fact, the de facto rule is "Never criticise APC, always agree and always oppose GEJ/PDP" or face our wrath. Well, it is past now... I'm so glad to return to the umbrella. As for insults from some of them, it isn't a new thing. I will continie to ignore

true... Opposing gej at all cost..

Continue ignoring oh...

I can see their CHANGE is synonymous to HATE/BITTERNESS/NEGATIVISM

NIGERIANS DONT WANT THAT...

1 Like

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by ashieduplus(m): 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
Whenever I think of Barcanista I remember one of Chinua Achebe's tragic protagonists. What was the title of the book again?

Yes.

No Longer at Ease.

4 Likes

Re: Gen Muhammadu Buhari And Matters Arising... by OAUTemitayo: 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
No sir. You know PDP members are threatening me, so i need protection from uncle Gbawe or else........... I will starting shouting "dia ris god o"
olapluto:

Lol. There's security vote in the budget now.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bandits Attack Rini Town In Zamfara, Kidnap 60 Persons In Midnight Raid / Why FG Has Not Built A Federal Secretariat In Abia — Rep Onuigbo Reveals / Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.