Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? (29866 Views)

Funny And Silly Ways Men Ask For Sexchat / When He Takes Your Number But Doesn't Call / Only Married Men Ask Me Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by laideo(f): 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2005
Why Do Some Guys Ask For Your Number But Don't Call?

This is one mystery I've never been able to solve. It never ceases to amaze me. I'm sure many Nairaland girls can relate to what I'm saying here.

Why is it that so many men ask for your number, then never use it? Is this a game to them? Something along the lines of how many women can they get to hand over their number. The more numbers, the larger their egos can grow.

If this is a game, it isn't very fun for the gals. I seem to think that it is because men and women are from different planets. Something along the lines of women having strong emotions and men needing to learn what emotions are. Guys, you don't have to ask for our number if it is only because you think it is the right thing to do. The right thing to do is ask for our number if you want to use it to get to know us better. If you are not going to call, don't ask for my number!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by nike4luv(f): 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2005
men are different they might ask for your number for number sake but some are genuine we never know which one they mean
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by adesodgi(m): 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2005
Omo seun,ose ojere,the ladies believe collecting numbers means i'll call you tonite.
As for me o,i love having ladies number,i remember wen iwas still @home1,i do collect numbers for parties ni,cos am a party freak,call them: will you go with me? if the answer is no,i'll call some1 else,no how sha 1 of them will game...

And again ladies dont appreciate call,i remember bin with a female friend one day,a guy called ar twice in my presence,wen the guy called again she said:ooooooo oti tun pe ni,kilode gan..

Can you beleive i was with this girl one day wen she recieved 'bout a thousand naira from a guy,can u believe she only text im thanks,and wasted the whole credit callin one fool,who dos'nt even send credit at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by layi(m): 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2005
Have u/ Do u call evryone on your phone list? Really it depends on what u guyz are up to. Mere acquaintances collect your # just to have sevral options when the need arises to contact you.

If he's wooing u and he refused to call. Its either your # didnt go through (at his end) even if u've been receievin calls Or he's just not serious.

Collecting #s is mainly to have options of contacting u.
Dont break your head, if u were expecting to hear from him, you should have collected his. I see no big deal in it anyway. I collect evrybody's # in case the need arises.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by legs(f): 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2005
in the first place i dont even give out my number to just anybody (ust because he asked (what if he's one weirdo and you start wishing you never gave out the number) before i give out my number the fellow and i both have to be certain that we definitely enjoy talking to each other, bottom line... if and when i do give out my number he is definitely going to call back because he genuinely wants to talk to me

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by hotangel2(f): 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2005
I really really Check people out before i give them my number. I just don't say "hey here's my number call me". And anything that makes me give a guy my number, must mean that i see the guy is worth it.

My guy-friends collect girls number and they don't call the girls, it's more like... "i just need it in case the need arise". While Me of course, get bored out by some people and i start regreting why i gave them my number. We girls have issues you know. When the guy don't call you, We are like "useless fool, i gave him my number, see his head he hasnt called.." But when the guy starts to call, We are like "kilo tie de self?? Won be shon mo eja ni?? Why is he bugging me?"

This kind of thing is really not a big deal. When you give a guy ur number and he don't call... Just think like this.

He ain't worth it
He couldnt get through
he's broke and cant call
he only needs your number for emergencies (like when he needs a booty call).
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by tcherokee(m): 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2005
Half of the time when a girl gives out her number @ a party or whathaveyou, when the guy eventually calls, the girl, 8 out of 10 times answers the phone as if...... "what does this one want again?" and when the guy doesn't call the question above pops up. What exactly do you girls want from us guys anyway?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by hotangel2(f): 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2005
See, this case is actually the fault of both parties.. It aint the guys fault, and it aint the girls fault.

The guys should call, but not stalk. As in when you get the girl's number, call her.. Like when you get home, and the next day. Then you can decided whether or not u want to continue calling her. Don't just get her number and don't call her.

When you call, don't call like 2:00am, 12:00am and all the time. That's simply stalking. Just call to let her know, "i appreicte you for giving me your number". smiley
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by layi(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2005
I see no reason why a guy shouldnt call a girl after asking for her #. Why get scared of her response. She willingly gave u her # because she doesnt mind you calling. Abi did u collect at gun-point?

That said, I still insist there isnt any big deal in this. If he doesnt call, why break your head? By so doing, you're only saying u wish he called. So why didnt u get his # then?
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by hotangel2(f): 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2005
I don't think it's right for girls to be mad if a guy dont call them. I know u gat to think "why this fool aint calling me".. But don't go head over heels tryna give urself hypertension (my friend does that and it pisses me off).
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by nike4luv(f): 2:32am On Oct 09, 2005
if a guy asks for your number, ask for his and if u wanna talk to him, dont wait for him to make the first call rolleyes..give it to him..

thats wat i do...i get a guy's number i dont care who calls first as long as i speak to the person innit

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by hotangel2(f): 5:43am On Oct 09, 2005
that's true.. But if u r like me oo. I really don't get ur number if you collect mine. I just don't Do (no reasons watsoever). I just give you mine... even if u offer yours, i'll just say, "i'll save it when u call". You get? wink
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by kazey(m): 7:52am On Oct 09, 2005
Why not the other way round. ladies give you their number without you asking, to get yours. And they end up calling you like crazy, that you always have to create an excuse to avoid em. Thats if you mistakenly accept the call, What about that?

I for example, only call a lady when I really need to talk, otherwise I don't even know where my phone is.

A guy only calls if he has interest in either a "no-strings" relationship (just plain, forgot the p word), or maybe beyound that. Otherwise he just keeps the number for emergencies. I think some ladies are just too demanding and hypocritical. (mum) I just can't buy the idea that a guy has to fit into that word "criteria" before he has the rights to ask for her number, which would bring about a result, otherwise he should just keep mum. Calling a lady at 2am does not denote stalking. It shows that the guy couldnt sleep without thinking about her, besides he needs to hear her voice before he goes to bed. Equation solved.

So If a guy calls you at 2am or 3am, appreciate the gesture. It took some ego and love.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by hotangel2(f): 8:06am On Oct 09, 2005
True that.. but hello... a guy called you 9:00am and said bye, he called 12:10am and said bye, then he now called 2:00am and said hey, i just wanted to say 'nice talking to you earlier and i'll call you tommorrow'. Hell YEAH that's sweet. But when you do that errday , that's simply stalking (to me). It's annoying and i seriously wont pick the phone anymore.. or i pick and tell you, someone's on the other line, i'll call u later.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by whiteshark(m): 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2005
...... so una nor get anoda tin talk again na why guy nor gree call babe afta he collect her number eh? Nah wa 4 una sha... Do u guys know how many people are suffering out there Do u know that at the time this topic was been posted, about 2000 people had died already in Parkistan and India from the earthquake that hit that region? Do u guys care about the sufferings and killings in sudan Do u know what the nigeria sat1 is all about Una don chop today U guy should drop topics on real issues and stop dueling on boyfriend and grilfriend stuff all the time... If the guy nor call you nai be say u nor worth am... if to say u hot or tap like some chics in here, he for call u sharp sharp. If u really need person to call u, leave ur fone number with Seun and he go distribute am accordingly to those guys wer dey find date come the forum.....

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by layi(m): 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2005
Whiteshark, U nor o go back warri? Dem dey use torch light dey find your break light o.
Na wa for u. Wetin Romance sub-forum dey for? Variety is the spice of Life ja re. rolleyes

But really wetin dey happen..all within a space of 2 moths or so, Katrina, rita and now south asian earthquake with approximately 20,000 casualities (over 2000 dead). Is this the end? E be like say I go relocate go church o.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by dennizman(m): 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2005
more often than not,when a guy gets a girls no,he l always be willing to call her.but if he fails to call at the moment,it doesnt mean he doesnt remember you or something.i dont also see why the guys have to always offer their no's first. I think the girls should also ask for a guys. Its not always a protocol for the guys...
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by hotangel2(f): 9:33pm On Oct 09, 2005
Daiiiing whiteshark, Props to you on that 'Orijo' pidgin english oo. Hmmm... anyways sha.. Me no get comment. May God deliever us from all these[i] Nashoral desasters. [/i]
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by layi(m): 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2005
Amin Eledumare.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Owen(m): 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2005
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by hotangel2(f): 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2005
hey owen.. why confused? cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by whiteshark(m): 2:45am On Oct 11, 2005
layi:

Na wa for u. Wetin Romance sub-forum dey for? Variety is the spice of Life ja re. rolleyes

True talk bro but I think dat if u ganna post a topic, let if have spice and bite. As an adult, the subjust matter difies all know laws of chasing to me. If I collect your number nai be say I am calling you and not only that, things will follow so I will not collect your number if I nor need am. Maybe na difference in time nai dey worry mi, I am very sorry......make una nor vex...

ps... I don come back from Waffi. I go soon go dat place wey I tell u d other day... Tins r lookin good my broda and we go jam soon.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by layi(m): 10:28am On Oct 11, 2005
Ok bros. Make sure say u nor pass 1 week o. Plans are ready.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Scorpio(f): 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2005
cheesy cheesy@ whiteshark, take am easy na! Girl, don't give your number out to any guy again k, instead, get their number so you get to make the choice if you're goin to call or not.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by whiteshark(m): 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2005
grin grin grin

@ Scorpio can I have ur number please. If U give me, I promise to call everyday until u say STOP

Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Scorpio(f): 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2005
why don't u give me your number and we'll see? grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by whiteshark(m): 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2005
After I come give u now and u nor come call nko U wan play me like the case study in this tread right I say make u bring ya buzzer and I go hala u onetime, trust me...
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by loveth(f): 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2005
was up guys are crasy whenever they see girls.
so to make sure they have something saying
they will ask for your number.
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by shockreaction(m): 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2005
Well, there's this thing called buffer time... the appropriate time to allow before you call a girl whose number you just got.
If you call too early, she might take you for granted.
If you call too late, she might think you've lost interested.
So, it's all a matter of figuring out the right time to call.

Of course, this may not always be the case ^_^
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by Scorpio(f): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2005
whiteshark:

After I come give u now and u nor come call nko U wan play me like the case study in this tread right I say make u bring ya buzzer and I go hala u onetime, trust me...
Make una see me see wahala, u don give me number wey i no call? give me ya number and i go buzz u, u have to trust me. cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? by hotangel2(f): 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2005
cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do I remove This Baby? / Groom Gifts His Bride A New Mercedes Benz On Their Wedding Day / Post Your Valentine's Day Picture(s) Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.