Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,076 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

"3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" (53573 Views)

If You Behave In These 3 Ways Around Girls, They Will Hate You Like Crazy / Why Do Handsome Guys End Up With Ugly Girls And Vice Versa / Handsomeness Is No Longer A Passport To Getting Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by brownlord: 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
engrkenny:

Respect everyone's opinion, if it despise you so much, shake your head and move on, it's more mature.

Stop whining and tell me now you felt I insulted him or keep mute.
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by morethanadoll(f): 5:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
majekdom2:
I pray nothing brings you to Nigeria, then you will understand money is needed to be romantic in Nigeria. A poor/ hungry man can never be romantic this is fact.

I've actually been considering visiting your country to gain a clear perspective. This is only my opinion and from previous experiences, romance doesn't have to cost a penny. Waking up to your woman and saying good morning beautiful is romance. Grabbing her from behind in an embrace when she is cooking dinner and telling her you love her is romance. Massaging her feet and back after a long day is romance. Writing her a note and hiding it in her car or purse only for her to find it and smile on her way to work is romance. The poorest person can still be romantic.

1 Like

Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
morethanadoll:

I've actually been considering visiting your country to gain a clear perspective. This is only my opinion and from previous experiences, romance doesn't have to cost a penny. Waking up to your woman and saying good morning beautiful is romance. Grabbing her from behind in an embrace when she is cooking dinner and telling her you love her is romance. Massaging her feet and back after a long day is romance. Writing her a note and hiding it in her car or purse only for her to find it and smile on her way to work is romance. The poorest person can still be romantic.
The thing is a poor man in Nigeria is different from a poor man in Nigeria. Two different environments. What's obtainable as a poor man in America is not obtainable as a poor man in Nigeria. I will be glad to host you when you visit Nigeria.
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by morethanadoll(f): 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
majekdom2:
The thing is a poor man in Nigeria is different from a poor man in Nigeria. Two different environments. What's obtainable as a poor man in America is not obtainable as a poor man in Nigeria. I will be glad to host you when you visit Nigeria.

I will take your word for that! I totally agree with you about two different environments.
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by nortcentrallord(m): 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
morethanadoll:

I can't speak for the gold diggers since I have never been or will be one. I can speak for myself, as I did, because I know who I am because I'm aware. I keep myself a certain way because I work hard to that. What I do with my money is my choice, whether it is to buy makeup or the many rings you are referring to. Growing up in a poor family in the United States, I have learned as an adult the importance of providing for yourself and to not depend on others, to include a man for anything. The many rings on my finger are not real gold; they are merely a cheap fashion statement. A ring on the ring finger is a man-made idea for marriage. For me, marriage is the idea, the faithful and loyal practice with your spouse, and the vow before our God and for me, that is good enough. No ring can and will ever take the place of those things. The vow in which I take before God and the man that will be my husband is sacred enough and I won't need a ring to validate that commitment. I will continue to wear as many cheap gold rings as I want and on any finger that I choose. smiley

Mmmmm, sounds like a virtuous woman.
The very type the bible says, "a virtuous woman, who can find" smiley
Your type is rare if you are real.
I understand you my dear. Ideas are different in different parts of the world. Over here a ring on the marriage finger symbolizes a commitment to someone else and it's the physical evidence of the spiritual vow. It also helps keep other sane minded men away. Over there it could go mean other things. Well, I wish you well and that good intentions which your heart desires. A faithful man to love you the way as you wish. In Italian. Language, I say; Salute. Nice dAy.

1 Like

Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by Tosinville(m): 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
morethanadoll:

I agree with this statement. I don't care how much money a guy has. If he can't make me laugh, be romantic without spending a dime, and I don't enjoy being in his presence, all of his fortune means nothing. I make my own money and can provide for myself. I look for a man to grow old and share life with, not for the dollars.
madam, why don't u go get married to Adam sandlers or akpororo? After sometime what u will need from him will be different from that. Men, you can only try but don't think you can satisfy these females.
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by morethanadoll(f): 5:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
Tosinville:
madam, why don't u go get married to Adam sandlers or akpororo? After sometime what u will need from him will be different from that. Men, you can only try but don't think you can satisfy these females.

You are indeed wrong. As I stated, I can provide for myself. I'm not saying that I don't need or want a man, but I can survive without his money if it shall come to that. I'd rather watch Adam Sandler on tv. He isn't my type.
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by JahzaraAde(f): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
Venom104:

LOL see these girls.. its funny that 99% of the time, its the rich guys that are funny and romantic... etc etc

Hmm Venom104, 99%? That's a steep figure..

Part of being romantic is understanding that my desire for you is not synonymous with my desire for your money...

Being romantic doesn't come at a huge cost (most times, it costs nothing at all). If you're 'rich', stay humble. I'll rather be pleasantly surprised by your affluence much later in the relationship, than to be shown it at the very start (you dey do fraud?). I'm very comfortable in my father's house atm, I'm not a charity case..
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by CharlesNneji1: 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Part of being romantic is understanding that my desire for you is not synonymous with my desire for your money...

Being romantic doesn't come at a huge cost (most times, it costs nothing at all). If you're 'rich', stay humble. I'll rather be pleasantly surprised by your affluence much later in the relationship, than to be shown it at the very start (you dey do fraud?). I'm very comfortable in my father's house atm, I'm not a charity case..

Yo smart. Now I'm thinking of getting you pregnant so I will have kids that think like you.

I need to copy some of what you said here in my next article, shey you no go sue me for piracy abi?

"A girl's desire for you is not synonymous to her desire for your money"...(I'm so stealing that line)

Come here, You need chop kiss jare. I have been trying to put that same thought into writing for over a week now.

Thank you joor.

1 Like

Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by Acekidc4(m): 8:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
sinizia:

No. He wrote "K" because he had no answers to my arguments.

He wrote "K" cos he doesn't want to start arguing with you.
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by sinizia: 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
Acekidc4:

He has nothing to argue with me.
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by Venom104: 8:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
JahzaraAde:

yeah.. im just saying its easier for girls (because they choose to) to see the romantic side of a rich guy than that of a broke guy.. what the modern day girls perceive as "romantic" mostly comes with cost.. sooo...
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by Venom104: 8:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
morethanadoll:

For most Nigerian girls.. saying good morning from your drop top car is what is romantic.. not what you described above..
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by Acekidc4(m): 8:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
sinizia:

He has nothing to argue with me.

Am Very sure he has everything to Argue with you but just decide to keep is Cool!!

Now dat's what I call Maturity!!!

No offense Mister!!
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by redcliff: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
Venom104:

yeah.. im just saying its easier for girls (because they choose to) to see the romantic side of a rich guy than that of a broke guy.. what the modern day girls perceive as "romantic" mostly comes with cost.. sooo...

There are two type of poor in nigeria if you want to classify it in that sense. Are you talking about someone who is not begging for food but cannot really boast of a good amount of money in his account or someone who struggles to eat daily?
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by Venom104: 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
redcliff:

There are two type of poor in nigeria if you want to classify it in that sense. Are you talking about someone who is not begging for food but cannot really boast of a good amount of money in his account or someone who struggles to eat daily?

Maybe im referring to the guy not begging for food... but generally i just mean a guy that is struggling one way or the other financially..
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by redcliff: 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
Venom104:

Maybe im referring to the guy not begging for food... but generally i just mean a guy that is struggling one way or the other financially..

That I dont agree with you. Being romantic involves two things. Either its learnt of its inborn as a result of external influences. There are so many women who are with men that dont have dimes and these women are way out of their league if you are to make that comparison. It just depends on what you say and do and how you say it and your timing. If you can get this right, then you may be seen in that light. Women believe what they hear quicker than what they see. Its all in the words my brother. I am saying this because I know someone who does not have money but he rolls with women above his league.
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by JahzaraAde(f): 9:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
Venom104:

Lol, which is a shame right? sad

I'm sure there are quite a few Nigerian ladies who don't equate romance with wealth.

Yet, I must stress that wealthy guys can and do get ladies easily - after all, affluence is probably the biggest predictor of a secure future. Whether this in itself is correct is a debate for another day..

Take care smiley
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by Venom104: 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
redcliff:

That I dont agree with you. Being romantic involves two things. Either its learnt of its inborn as a result of external influences. There are so many women who are with men that dont have dimes and these women are way out of their league if you are to make that comparison. It just depends on what you say and do and how you say it and your timing. If you can get this right, then you may be seen in that light. Women believe what they hear quicker than what they see. Its all in the words my brother. I am saying this because I know someone who does not have money but he rolls with women above his league.

What is romantic differs from person to person.. But i know if a guy can afford a surprise trip to lets say Paris without doing or saying much throughout the trip, he'd still be more romantic than a guy that spends an entire day doing lovey dovey with most Nigerian girls..
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by Venom104: 10:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Lol, which is a shame right? sad

I'm sure there are quite a few Nigerian ladies who don't equate romance with wealth.

Yet, I must stress that wealthy guys can and do get ladies easily - after all, affluence is probably the biggest predictor of a secure future. Whether this in itself is correct is a debate for another day..

Take care smiley

Well anyway.. Its not a debate of whether it is right or wrong, but at least you kind of agreed with me tho. im glad

Take care too
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by redcliff: 10:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
Venom104:

What is romantic differs from person to person.. But i know if a guy can afford a surprise trip to lets say Paris without doing or saying much throughout the trip, he'd still be more romantic than a guy that spends an entire day doing lovey dovey with most Nigerian girls..

Hahaha..Bro you don't understand the concept yet. Lets let the matter die.. Anything that works for you, apply it good. Lol
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by JahzaraAde(f): 10:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
CharlesNneji1:

Yo smart. [s]Now I'm thinking of getting you pregnant so I will have kids that think like you.[/s]

I need to copy some of what you said here in my next article, shey you no go sue me for piracy abi?

"A girl's desire for you is not synonymous to her desire for your money"...(I'm so stealing that line)

Come here, You need chop kiss jare. I have been trying to put that same thought into writing for over a week now.
Thank you joor.

Nobody is getting anybody pregnant. Similarly, there shall be no kisses exchanged Mr...

I don't mind you incorporating my opinion into your article. Glad to be of help. I don't think you would be caught out for plagerism, as I haven't published that particular sentence in a book or an essay (yet).

Although referencing me would be appreciated (via the Vancouver system please smiley ).

All the best with your article, I'm sure it'll be an interesting read!
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by Venom104: 10:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
redcliff:

Hahaha..Bro you don't understand the concept yet. Lets let the matter die.. Anything that works for you, apply it good. Lol

Brother na you no understand me.. LoL Well.. There are still some down to earth girls out there..
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
JahzaraAde:

[s]Nobody is getting anybody pregnant. Similarly, there shall be no kisses exchanged Mr...
[/s]
I don't mind you incorporating my opinion into your article. Glad to be of help. I don't think you would be caught out for plagerism, as I haven't published that particular sentence in a book or an essay (yet).

Although referencing me would be appreciated (via the Vancouver system please smiley ).

Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by CharlesNneji1: 11:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
Acekidc4:

Sharp guy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by CharlesNneji1: 11:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Nobody is getting anybody pregnant. Similarly, there shall be no kisses exchanged Mr...

Lol, no wahala na - I will take back back the kiss and just take the sentence.

You can keep the pregnancy, I dash u. *winks*

Have a good day, love. Take care
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 09, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

All this stress just to get a girl, no one is ready to do all that dis days. In the days of old, wit less materialism. This might work but nowadays, quote me, it is all about money and getting a life. The thin line between love and money will soon disappear and in no distant time, love will be equal to money and vice versa. The ladies out there ain't worth it. Even if u give them all they want, money, love u r funny, confident. Anytin u can think of, it won't stop them from cheating on you. They won't even bath an eyelid before they jump into another man's bed. And I know u will say they are still decent girls out there. I agree too, but most of the girls you think are decent, appear that way because of the way they present themselves to you. I hope to marry a very decent wife but ain't doing all that shit for any lady. They ain't worth it
though nt far frm d truth.buh bro only a selected few worth it.
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by aariwa(m): 10:07am On Mar 09, 2015
morethanadoll:

I can't speak for the gold diggers since I have never been or will be one. I can speak for myself, as I did, because I know who I am because I'm aware. I keep myself a certain way because I work hard to that. What I do with my money is my choice, whether it is to buy makeup or the many rings you are referring to. Growing up in a poor family in the United States, I have learned as an adult the importance of providing for yourself and to not depend on others, to include a man for anything. The many rings on my finger are not real gold; they are merely a cheap fashion statement. A ring on the ring finger is a man-made idea for marriage. For me, marriage is the idea, the faithful and loyal practice with your spouse, and the vow before our God and for me, that is good enough. No ring can and will ever take the place of those things. The vow in which I take before God and the man that will be my husband is sacred enough and I won't need a ring to validate that commitment. I will continue to wear as many cheap gold rings as I want and on any finger that I choose. smiley
I like the back of your palms.Just imagining what it will feel like to touch it.
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by DoTheNeedful: 10:32am On Mar 09, 2015
octopusfreaky:
Money,money,money can't buy love,,if you're rich and unattractive,mennn i will be wf u but wont stop me from rolling wf an attractive guy
You dont have class. By the way,i dont think the op is talking about your type of girl. The op is talking about ladies with high self esteem,class and independent ones that will never date a man because of money. Obviously you are not that kind of girl. So,you will date a rich guy cos of his money but you will still roll with another you find attractive
Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by morethanadoll(f): 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
Venom104:

For most Nigerian girls.. saying good morning from your drop top car is what is romantic.. not what you described above..

And for that reason alone, true love/romance will be hard to come by for them.

1 Like

Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by doggiemann(m): 9:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
morethanadoll:

Very few Nigerian ladies think like this. You are a rare gem. May God bless you and provide you with the right man

1 Like

Re: "3 Top Secret Reasons Why Guys End Up Not Getting Girls They Like" by lilzeel(m): 6:50am On Mar 10, 2015
sage2:
It is not my thing to keep a girl's company while another nigger does the banging. Your "fine girl chewing gum" theory is pure foolishness. Let he who does the banging keep the company.

Bros I too gbadun this your yans. How on earth you go dey do gate man work while the real oga dey inside house dey work it pure foolishness if another thing dey sef wey pass foolishness na him I you for use boss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Finds Love Potion In The House Of Her Prospective Boyfriend (Photos) / How To Break A Blood Covenant. / How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.