Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married (37290 Views)

Why Singles Must Work On Their Weakness Before Marriage / 10 Areas Lovers Should Work On In Their Relationship (Emusmith & Oliviaarims) / 9 Reasons Most Nigerian Ladies Don't Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Emodeee: 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
KillerBeauty:

upload ya picture
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by bercks(f): 11:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
Very interesting..
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by bollyrozzy16: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
daben1:
And i'll also work on 'how long i last in bed'
your be mumu
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by VickyRotex(f): 11:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
Henrypraise:

I tink m d learner here.

smiley smiley
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by ScaryLolu: 11:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
This is good stuff
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by femi4: 11:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Wow. This post make sense dia
I for one need to learn to control my anger Also I need to learn to pray.
God please I want to know you more
you learn to pray by praying
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Sookul: 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
dben1:
And i'll also work on 'how long i last in bed'
you mean you don't get the normal seven hours night sleep? necessary
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by mrkings84(m): 11:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
acidtalk:
I was invited to the presidency this afternoon. My meeting with the president had barely started when madam peepee stormed into the office without knocking and the following conversation took place.

Acidtalk - Good Afternoon your excellency ma.

Patience - (sighs) why you dey greet me? Shebi Omokri and Abati dey come tell me as you dey abuse me for internet.

Acidtalk - (kept mute with quite an embarrassing smile)

Patience - Jonah, me I don tire oh!

Jonathan - Peepee, what's wrong again?

Patience - All these my woman campaign no work oh! These women just dey chop our money but I know say Dem no go vote us.

Jonathan - How do you know that?

Patience - I blind? Shebi I dey see as all of them dey frown face when I dey talk. Clap, Dem no gree clap, to hail me sef na wahala.

Jonathan - So after all the money we have spent after postponing this election things are not still working in our favour. What can we now do?

Patience - Me I go suggest make we kuku sell the whole Nigeria to Queen Elizabeth make she dey in charge of the interim government.

Jonathan - Peepee, we can't sell a country and the Queen has no business in this. Suggest something else.

Patience - Jonah boy, make I tell you truth oh! E better make you sharperly call Julius Berger make them construct all the entire prison for Nigeria make e big and fine like my bedroom for Aso Rock. As I dey see am so we no fit escape am say you no go enter prison oh! Na by the grace of God that Aboki man no go throw me inside prison with you.
apc no where una no go show una lunatic behavior! trash.
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
Okay, I will try to do so. grin
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by agrovick(m): 11:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
Airforce be like; working on my marriage class, will join u soon.
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by ideology(m): 11:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
LewisO:
11. Learn to be submissive to your man and be loyal to him.

The word submission is most times misunderstood by many folks,

Anyway I get your views. Let's put it under point no 7 -character
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by epistleman: 11:51pm On Mar 18, 2015
9 n 10 so on point, others will sure follow...
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by ideology(m): 11:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
AirborneLacer:
This is a pretty exhaustive list and I do agree with some points raised.

But then, there would always be flaws and shortcomings.

This shouldn't be an attempt towards actualizing a perfect marriage, cos there's no such thing as perfect marriage.

The most important thing is getting hitched to someone who would wholly complement you. Someone who'd accept you for whom you are, that's the beauty of every marriage.

I've seen couples who are damn poor but still share an unimaginable love. I've seen couples who share different religious sentiments but are still madly in love with eachother. I've seen a wife who knows zilch about cooking but is still loved and cared for by the husband.

That is the beauty of every marriage.

If working on your flaws seems like a herculean task, don't get dismayed, someone out there is willing to love you that way.

Hello palz suo, its been ages.

I understand your views, but Don't you think that if am a type that nags a lot or get angry easily, that its an aspect of my life that can affect my home, hence the need to make some adjustments.

My opinion #, i also think that is what op is driving at, not perfection
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Akpan107(m): 12:06am On Mar 19, 2015
Wisdytech:

http://brainnewsng.com/things-you-must-work-on-before-you-get-married/
Tears almost droped my eyes when reading number 9. I truely need Christ in my life, but something kept pulling me back!
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 19, 2015
Really nice.

Thanks op.
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Optional2(f): 12:43am On Mar 19, 2015
LewisO:

Learn to love me and be loyal. undecided
hope u av added it to d list
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Euckybaby(f): 12:51am On Mar 19, 2015
All done so am good to go wink
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by cacali(f): 1:20am On Mar 19, 2015
Points 9 and 10 are the same thing really. I would also like to add the following;
1. Ensure that your partner is your friend and you have a few things in common: Trust me sometimes that dreamy state of "being on cloud 9 in love" suddenly disappears and all that is holding the marriage at that point is your friendship.
2. Ensure you get your parents consent: There is nothing like as father or mother's blessing to follow you into your new home. Sometimes our parents can be unreasonably difficult, but back that up with prayer and a little patience.
3. Ensure you are in good terms with your future in-laws: Remember that in Africa that marriage is not just between a man and a woman, but rather between two families. Whether you like it or not, both families will play an important role before and after the marriage,
4. Ensure that dowry is paid: There is this latest trend of couples living together without proper marriage rites and claiming to be "my wife or my husband". It is so pathetic in the case of women. You enter a man's home without him even paying your dowry, OYO for you o. Not only will that man not have enough respect for you, but after you have finished doing "baby mama" he will go and look for fresh blood and wed that person.
5. Ensure you carry out health tests: Please ensure you check your genotypes and your blood groups to guide against having
SS children, having rhesus factor or HIV/AIDS. If you like argue from today till tomorrow about love, the pain these things bring
in marriage are not just worth it. At the end you start playing the blame game.
6. Ensure you have the same sexual orientation: Talk about sex o to make sure you have the same sexual orientation and that
both of you are medically okay in that area. A little smooching is allowed o. You don't want to end up with a frigid partner or a
gay partner or a partner without correct sex organs. Religion aside o, sex is a major part of marriage. It can put you always in a
state of like this shocked grin or cry. Am sure no one wants to choose the latter.
7. Have the conviction to make it work: don't enter the marriage with the notion that if it doesn't work, you take a walk. Many
couples are usually not patient enough these days. Except in the case of abuse, try and give the marriage a chance and go the
extra mile to understand what your partner wants. Marriage is all about compromise.
8. Ensure you pray together: With all the clubbing and partying and romancing, ensure that you take out time to pray as a
couple. Don't wait till you enter the marriage. That way, you know whether you are evenly yolked or not.

All the best out there. Going back to sleep mode.
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by kikelomojessy(f): 1:40am On Mar 19, 2015
OP, u made all the point so essential and well clarified. Nice one best lecture hav had today.
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Mpiato419: 2:17am On Mar 19, 2015
excellence44:
hi @ all, please I seriously need some tips on how to write a letter to notify my Church of my marriage intent. I strongly appreciate your help.

pls quote me for reply
......Lolz
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Mpiato419: 2:19am On Mar 19, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Wow. This post make sense dia
I for one need to learn to control my anger Also I need to learn to pray.
God please I want to know you more
Then make ur Bible ur companion
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Mpiato419: 2:22am On Mar 19, 2015
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by kubrat(f): 5:28am On Mar 19, 2015
123 and 8 is very Important especially for a woman.The most important is meeting ur chosen soul mate,with that all other Inadequacies will be overlooked.
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=acidtalk post=31763269][/quote]

Grow up
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by ROCKJ1(m): 7:30am On Mar 19, 2015
Wisdytech:

edit it to remain blessed not remain bless. It's a good write up. Keep it up.
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 19, 2015
ideology:

Hello palz suo, its been ages.

I understand your views, but Don't you think that if am a type that nags a lot or get angry easily, that its an aspect of my life that can affect my home, hence the need to make some adjustments.

My opinion #, i also think that is what op is driving at, not perfection

Man where have you been? cheesy

I'm not wholly dismissing the idea of one working on his or her flaws. Not at all.

It's imperative to work on your shortcoming, to strive to get better.

The point I made is simply this, whilst you work on your weaknesses, also be on the look out for a better half that'd tolerate your excesses.

You cant work on yourself and have a certain habitual inclination wiped out of your life entirely.

There would be traces of that old habit, although not as severe as before.

Now imagine when you're married to a wife who wouldn't tolerate even the minuscule bit of your old habit, how happy are you two going to be?

There would be a constant stream of grumblings from her every now and then.

So while you work on your flaws, still search for a partner who'd complement you and tolerate your flaws.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Revolva(m): 7:34am On Mar 19, 2015
grin grin work on ur hustle cos even if u get all these quality the op mentioned and no money .....nothing will work oooo
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Jhappy(f): 7:51am On Mar 19, 2015
U are wonderful.
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Petra23(f): 7:56am On Mar 19, 2015
Nice write up
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 19, 2015
Superb write up
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 19, 2015
Wisdytech:

Nobody is perfect. its not about working for perfection. its about the ability to live imperfection.
Re: Things You Must Work On Before You Get Married by fromnigeria(m): 8:55am On Mar 19, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Stopping You From Tying The Knot With The Person You're Dating Right Now? / Daniel Asaya Comes Out As Gay / Married Ex...keep Sending Me Sexy Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.