Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport (151381 Views)

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) / Wrong Place On My Friend Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Herbertstan: 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
Pls how long does the process normally take
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Herbertstan: 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
ecowas:
Good day @ all if you want to change your DOB go to headquarters Abuja with your credentials and old copy of your passport, you swear affidavit for age declaration and pay 120k to get it done please ensure you meet immigration officers and not those touts at the gate, one love.

Bro how long did it take from the time of application to when u got the corrected passport?
Thanks for ur anticipated response
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by mzkolawole: 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2020
inspector1:
Good day guys, pls I will like to know if any one had successful been able to get his / her dob corrected recently? kindly share ur experience/cost? thanks
Yes I just did mine
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by mzkolawole: 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
[quote author=Knight2 post=84603161]
thanks for the information... pls do u know anyone who hv done it dat amount...
[/quo
I just dis mine and its within that range
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by mzkolawole: 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2020
Herbertstan:

Bro how long did it take from the time of application to when u got the corrected passport?
Thanks for ur anticipated response
Mine took exactly 2 weeks
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by mzkolawole: 6:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
Herbertstan:
Pls how long does the process norimally take
2-3weeks
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by mzkolawole: 6:18pm On Feb 27, 2020
brightadogah:
My owe case is my age is 1982 and what is on my passport is 1977 how can I correct this mistake I need help and how much it we cost me thanks

You can...I just changed mine from 1986 to 1990
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by mzkolawole: 6:21pm On Feb 27, 2020
inspector1:
Good day guys, pls I will like to know if any one had successful been able to get his / her dob corrected recently? kindly share ur experience/cost? thanks
I just did mine, it took two weeks for it to be out, you have to do it in Abuja, you ll ve to present documents showing your age and your national I'd must carry the age you are changing to...j spent about 180k though I also did change if name
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by ireteiyanfe: 1:19pm On Feb 28, 2020
Pls can give samples for the application to be written for dob and whom it should be addressed to
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by mzkolawole: 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2020
ireteiyanfe:
Pls can give samples for the application to be written for dob and whom it should be addressed to
You don't need to do this, the immigration officer will handle that, all you need do is make payment, supply necessary documents and capture
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by akanbiaa(m): 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
youngbilly1:
Have been in your shoes before i increased my age for a reasons even tho I had visa stamps, I rectified mine in Abuja Headquarter it cost me N45,000, it was an immigration officer that helped me, I had no problem queuing I went in for my capturing expressly. It's very easy if you have your cash no worries. It can never cost you 70k or 100k don't let anyone deceive you, I did mine last year. If you have no link goto the headquarter you will see officers they will help you, just approach nicely.

All you need is 1. Birth Certificate 2. Waec result
And if you don't have Waec result?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by akanbiaa(m): 9:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
mzkolawole:

I just did mine, it took two weeks for it to be out, you have to do it in Abuja, you ll ve to present documents showing your age and your national I'd must carry the age you are changing to...j spent about 180k though I also did change if name
If one don't have Waec what other documents will they accept ?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by akanbiaa(m): 9:20pm On Mar 06, 2020
Rify:
I think it should be same thing. My error is a day difference and they are requesting for 130k. 25th September instead of 26th September that's all.

If you don't have WAEC what are other documents that will do? I have original primary school certificate and National ID slip.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by akanbiaa(m): 9:22pm On Mar 06, 2020
Fadelex:

Yes but the data on your national id card must correspond with the new data your planning to have on the passport
You mean Data like Correct name in the right order and date of birth right?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by akanbiaa(m): 12:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
youngbilly1:

I didn't go through all this lol. I was asked for my waec result and date of birth. I got my passport the next week and paid the officer. I paid after the job was complete. No stress no issues pls don't meet anything travel agent. Go to abuja yourself and meet an immigration officer.
And in the absence of WAEC result what is alternative?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by mzkolawole: 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
akanbiaa:
If one don't have Waec what other documents will they accept ?
National ID card carrying the correct age, birth certificate and any other document showing the age
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by akanbiaa(m): 2:05am On Mar 09, 2020
mzkolawole:
National ID card carrying the correct age, birth certificate and any other document showing the age
Thanks a lot, will go to Abuja when ready, I have all the documents you mentioned.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by mummy1964(f): 5:13am On Mar 09, 2020
Please house, i need advice. I did for my daughter and age was wrong then.but because d American embassy appointment date was close i then use it for her. But unfortunately denied. But i want to change d age now from 2001 to normal 1990 and taking application bf canada embassy. Hope this wont be an issue since the two countries shared information.? Pls i need advice
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by mummy1964(f): 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2020
My daughter own has a big mistake in it. As its supposed to be 1990 but they wrote 2001 but i use it for her like that to usa embassy because i desperatelyneed to then but unfortunatelyvisa denied. I wa t to change it normal age, and taking it to canada embassy, hope it wont bring issue since canada and America share
Informatin[

quote author=Herbertstan post=86673276]

Thanks for ur anticipated response[/quote]
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by drnoel: 11:08am On Mar 19, 2020
ShootingStar88:
Good morning everyone, please I have this challenge and i'll appreciate your useful responses.

I applied for my first international passport( e-passport) about 6years ago but because of the information I didn't have then, I used 1986 as my year of birth but now I want to change it to the normal 1985 because all other credentials have 1985.

I waited for the passport to expire which it has last February, so i'm willing to do a new one but all those I spoke to said I can't change the year of birth because once I do the BIOMETRICS, it will bring up all my data even if I don't show my expired passport

Please kindly advise on the steps to take to change this or even contacts that can help. I don't even mind going to Abuja for this thing to change.

thanks house. This is what ignorance can cause.

cc. Justwise

That is a big headache. I know what my wife went thru to get hers changed. I had to take time off from work myself, returned to the country to get it solved. Only place to do it is Abuja.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Legitme: 11:04am On Mar 20, 2020
drnoel:

That is a big headache. I know what my wife went thru to get hers changed. I had to take time off from work myself, returned to the country to get it solved. Only place to do it is Abuja.

Please how much was involved?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by drnoel: 11:27am On Mar 20, 2020
Legitme:

Please how much was involved?

I can't remember exactly. I know madam had to fly to Abuja twice after I had done all the ground work and callings. Once to meet the madam in charge and do capturing (ofcos the madam asked for her own cut) and secondly to collect the passport.
This was after she had spent money trying to do runz on it. The process should usually be straight but naija factor makes it difficult.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.