Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. (61302 Views)

N100,000 Fine For Abusing The National Flag - Reps / Buhari Receives Winners Of 2016 Nigerian National Merit Award (Photos) / Recession: 3 Nigerian National Assets Buhari Must Not Sell- RMAFC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by thexzy(m): 11:56am On Mar 20, 2015
akubudejud:
Old PA Micheal Taiwo Akinkunmi a.k.a Mr flag man, is know as the man who designed the Nigerian Flag in the year 1959 and was first hoisted in October 1st 1960. Taiwo Akinkunmi who was a student at Norwood Technical College in London where he studied electrical engineering, emerged winner of the National flag design contest, organized by the College.

PA Taiwo who was never honoured for designing 'The Nigerian Flag', has been living in a very bad condition all these years. Many people even referred to him as 'Hero without Honour', until when President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (Nigeria's President) , conferred 313 people with national honours on Monday September 29th

Designer of Nigeria flag Taiwo Akinkunmi, was among the people conferred with the national honour of Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic. In addition to this, President GEJ, directed the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, to place Pa Akinkunmi on life salary.

Speaking to news crew, PA Taiwo Akinkunmi who was represented by his son Akinwunmi Akinkunmi said:

“Baba is very happy. We thank President Jonathan for this gesture. We are indeed appreciative of this because you all know that Baba has been neglected in the past. I am sure that this honour will spur Nigerians to continue to contribute to the development of the country,’’

Meanwhile, the Original design of the flag is to have a Red Sun embedded in the white background displaying steaming rays but was remove to give way for the GREEN -WHITE-GREEN we have today.
looks like the sun in Telettobies
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by thexzy(m): 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
chymystique:
I Prefer The Original Design cool but the red sun should ve been yellow in colour
The RED colour makes it look like a Bleeding flag.....its a sure sign of Danger...Thanks to the Engineer that modified the Model
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2015
bakila:

Barber, you have achieved a lot and we have seen it. It is also on your facebook page. Try to create a LinkedIn profile and put it there. It's funny that people use pictures of themselves in dirty salons to show they have arrived. Please forgive me for engage someone like you Mr Barber achiever.
if only you could visit a salon instead of slamming your flat Igbo head with razor blade hahahhaha

And yes I boast about my achievements on here and not bluffing unlike your ojushitkwu father without brain who led you people to death

I have yeebos that I employ and pay. If you want to confirm it right now I'll make a video of your fellow yeebos slaving their life away for me.

Too bad you have nothing to boast abiut. We know you yeebos come to our blessed land to work and slave your life away. Waste the prone of your life serving Yoruba men

And the others who could not do it are armed robbers. Infact 99% of armed robbers in the whole Nigeria are yeebos

That is why you show you bastards no pity. We burn you to death once we catch you

Animals
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 12:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
tonychristopher:
Talk is cheap
Igbo life is cheap

3 million lives wasted = nothing
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
tonychristopher:

It's now that i believe WAEC JAMB & NECO stats on education in south west ...it has reached an all time low

You win Mr. Gbegiri brain
hahahahahah for a foolish fool(lol) from a foolish tribe without education and full of armed robbers to question my honorable knowledge.

For a fool from a tribe that followed ojushitkwu who looked more like a boko haram than a hero I'm not surprised

Imagine the fool you call hero with his bin Laden beard grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
See omo Igbo hero grin grin grin grin grin grin

Not sure if bin Laden or boko haram

No wonder boko haram ojushitkwu killed 3 million of them

Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by Chigold101(m): 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
Call10bring5:

The APC presidential Manifesto is here, read it up and you will be glad you did.
Lets give GMB/PYO a chance.
Igbo people says “esi na isi aru ama uto nsi“ meaning: “it is from the odour of fart one knows how pooh will taste.“ an APC governor locked up courts in his state for months making both real criminals & accused individual languish in jails & police cells without trail.

Some APC governors are owing their state civil servants for up to 5months.

APC governors refused to sign into law FoI act. They refused to allow the people they govern to know what happens in their government.

Public procurement Act has beensigned into law but no APC governor have signed into law in their state. They still involve themself in secrecy when awarding contracts & all that.

Their is no party without a powerfully worded manifesto but where the issue lies is in its implimentation.

The other when GMB was taking questions from journalists he was asked a question and as he was about responding to it, Amaechi jumped in and cut him shot in a very rude way. I was wondering is this what will happen if GMB becomes our president (GOD forbid is)? I was also asking myself is this the reason why GMB is always in their company? Will he be caged by some men if he becomes our president (GOD FORBID).

So my brother as much Nigeria is not where they should be, they have made one or two progress & voting in GMB means going backward...

Therefore i cant advice anybody to vote for him.
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by bakila: 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
xtervaganza:
if only you could visit a salon instead of slamming your flat Igbo head with razor blade hahahhaha

And yes I boast about my achievements on here and not bluffing unlike your ojushitkwu father without brain who led you people to death

I have yeebos that I employ and pay. If you want to confirm it right now I'll make a video of your fellow yeebos slaving their life away for me.

Too bad you have nothing to boast abiut. We know you yeebos come to our blessed land to work and slave your life away. Waste the prone of your life serving Yoruba men

And the others who could not do it are armed robbers. Infact 99% of armed robbers in the whole Nigeria are yeebos

That is why you show you bastards no pity. We burn you to death once we catch you

Animals
Dan iska wanzami. Ka naimi saanka. Barber go get your mate and do facebook with him.
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
bakila:

Dan iska wanzami. Ka naimi saanka. Barber go get your mate and do facebook with him.
iya nla iya e ni Dan iska wanzami lol

E don pain am
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by bakila: 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
xtervaganza:
iya nla iya e ni Dan iska wanzami lol

E don pain am
Iya mi oti kun teletele. Wanzami how market, how many heads have you attended to today. The moment I saw you in that salon, I understand your situation and am not surprised you act they way you do.
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by maskid(m): 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
xtervaganza:

Animals

I tut u said u went to get a hair cut?? Now uve admitted to being an apprentice barber!! Hahahahah.

Beta face ur work make hunger no kill u. Hungry barber.

I hope as an ijebu man ur not economical wit haircut as u are wit ur brain usage.
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by maskid(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
bakila:

Iya mi oti kun teletele. Wanzami how market, how many heads have you attended to today. The moment I saw you in that salon, I understand your situation and am not surprised you act they way you do.

Abi.. Leave the torso
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 6:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
maskid:

I tut u said u went to get a hair cut?? Now uve admitted to being an apprentice barber!! Hahahahah.

Beta face ur work make hunger no kill u. Hungry barber.

I hope as an ijebu man ur not economical wit haircut as u are wit ur brain usage.

you can't even read properly.

How could it be so bad for you? Lol

I'm sure you'll die with my name in your mouth lol

If you were a barber in your cursed nna land, you wouldn't come here to slave your life away in Yoruba land lol
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 6:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
bakila:

you'll join her very soon lol

Even ln my barber will feed you .

Imagine the sons of cowards can't even put their pictures here

Too scared b1tches? Lol
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by bakila: 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
xtervaganza:

Too scared b1tches? Lol

Too far away from that stage. Second hand phone seller. Tobby go look for your mate abeg.
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by bakila: 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
xtervaganza:

Too scared b1tches? Lol
Tobby the Barber, how market? Have you stopped hawking stolen locked phones.
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 7:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
bakila:

Too far away from that stage. Second hand phone seller. Tobby go look for your mate abeg.
see this w@nker, put sir, right in front of my name before typing it you bastard.

If I sell 2nd hand phone what do you do?

Lol you mind telling us what you do with your sorry life other than being on nairaland? You pleb lol
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 7:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
bakila:

Tobby the Barber, how market? Have you stopped hawking stolen locked phones.
i think you have a neurological problem that killed your mother

Just make up your mind, I'm a barber or phone seller? Lol

By the way, no one in your family can afford the phone's I sell and use

So sod off lol
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
Chigold101:
Igbo people says “esi na isi aru ama uto nsi“ meaning: “it is from the odour of fart one knows how pooh will taste.“ an APC governor locked up courts in his state for months making both real criminals & accused individual languish in jails & police cells without trail.

you might be intelligent, so, i will indulge you.

I will like to know which state you are referring to? The nationwide judiciary strike is the only one i am aware of which can be found [url=https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDEQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanguardngr.com%2F2015%2F01%2Fstrike-judicial-workers-shut-courts-nationwide%2F&ei=lmoMVb_-M4vlapq_gMAE&usg=AFQjCNEX9KLSS2h7nsQXctJ1vJybycGV1Q&sig2=zUa7nN705TrqYq5OJgZpxQ&bvm=bv.88528373,d.d2s]HERE [/url]

Some APC governors are owing their state civil servants for up to 5months.

An APC governor , just 1, not Some.This is very unfortunate and i am not a part to it, the NLC of Osun chapter ought to come into the aid of this people but we all know they are not effective.

APC governors refused to sign into law FoI act. They refused to allow the people they govern to know what happens in their government.

Stop being partisan, do you want to tell me all the PDP states adopted the FOI act? The best state governed by PDP is Akwa ibom and they don't use the FOI act, and i am quite sure they're other states that i don't know of too. Corruption is one of the reasons Nigeria need GMB, when we have an independent body capable of fighting corruption with support from the leadership, we won't even need the FOI because all state governors will stop being corrupt to an extent.

Public procurement Act has beensigned into law but no APC governor have signed into law in their state. They still involve themself in secrecy when awarding contracts & all that.

PP act won't stop corruption, it doesn't stop governors from awarding contracts to their friends, only a Leader that is against corruption like Buhari will fight corruption

Their is no party without a powerfully worded manifesto but where the issue lies is in its implimentation.
PDP has written manifestoes upon manifestoes and have done little to nothing on implementing them for their 16 years rule, why can't we give APC 4 years and see if we will be better for it or not?
The fact that PDP has failed for 16 years doesn't mean APC will fail, APc hasn't been given a chance yet. Lets give APC 4 years and lets see if we will better or worse,come to think of it, we can only be better for it. Only a fool tries the same thing for 16 years and expect a different result.

The other when GMB was taking questions from journalists he was asked a question and as he was about responding to it, Amaechi jumped in and cut him shot in a very rude way. I was wondering is this what will happen if GMB becomes our president (GOD forbid is)? I was also asking myself is this the reason why GMB is always in their company? Will he be caged by some men if he becomes our president (GOD FORBID).

Amechi is GMB and APC campaign co-coordinator, it is his right to stop GMB from being harrased by the unbridled reporters.
Obama's aides are meant to put him in the right direction and to avoid mistakes, this is what Amechi has done.
I know it is special cos its Amechi, a core pain in the ass of PDP, John oyegwu too did it and nothing special was made of it.
GMB can not and will never be told what to do, your insinuation is preposterous and unwarranted.

So my brother as much Nigeria is not where they should be, they have made one or two progress & voting in GMB means going backward...

yeah i know the completed 2nd Niger bridge and other achievements won't make you vote GMB, but come March 28th, Nigerians that mean well for Nigeria will correct the mistake of 2011.
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by maskid(m): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
xtervaganza:

So sod off lol

Hu wants to buy stolen locked 2nd hand fones
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by maskid(m): 8:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
xtervaganza:

Too scared b1tches? Lol

Hungry phone seller turned barber. I bet u also peddle fake condoms.

Wasted spe*m
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 8:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
maskid:

Hu wants to buy stolen locked 2nd hand fones
l sold one to this fool grin

Sold it to him at the cost of 100 Igbo lives only for him to find out its a fake phone

See how he open mouth grin grin grin

Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
maskid:

Hungry phone seller turned barber. I bet u also peddle fake condoms.

Wasted spe*m
if this guy had a barber to trim his bushy and dirty beard he won't lead 3 million of you bastards to death

Evening breeze to the scalp does a lot of wonder you know

Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by bakila: 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
xtervaganza:

So sod off lol
Hahaha the foriegn used iPhone? You dey hustle sha. I no sure say you mama born you for marriage. You no respect marriage at all. Keep hustling second hand phone seller(two in number)
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by bakila: 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
B
xtervaganza:
see this w@nker, put sir, right in front of my name before typing it you bastard.

If I sell 2nd hand phone what do you do?

Lol you mind telling us what you do with your sorry life other than being on nairaland? You pleb lol
Hahahhaa. You are not fit to be my assistant I am sure. Keep insulting people people, it will make you rich.
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
bakila:

Hahaha the foriegn used iPhone? You dey hustle sha. I no sure say you mama born you for marriage. You no respect marriage at all. Keep hustling second hand phone seller(two in number)
I'm from a family oh high Chiefs. We are not vagabonds like your beggar clan who sleep under bridge and rape 12 year old girls

As for the foreign used iphone, who in your wretched family can afford it?

Name one. Oloriburuku
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 9:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
bakila:
B
Hahahhaa. You are not fit to be my assistant I am sure. Keep insulting people people, it will make you rich.
see this paedophile worshiping slave of boko haram

You sef de get assistant? In throwing bombs or raping underage girls?
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by bakila: 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
xtervaganza:
see this paedophile worshiping slave of boko haram

You sef de get assistant? In throwing bombs or raping underage girls?
Hahahaaaha. Barber the barber. You don sell those your phones? Why is your mind always going to bad places. Sai green white green Joor. I be Igbo Biafra and Boko haram all alone.
Where you steal those phones from?
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by cjrane: 10:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
ozoigbondu:
The present one is better,the red sun made it look childish.I would have prefered it if our coat of arms was permantly ingrained in the flag.It makes it look manly and overwhelms you with pride

Yes, the coat of arms needs to be in the white portion of the flag. It is in many Nigerian embassies around the world
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by xtervaganza(m): 10:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
bakila:

Hahahaaaha. Barber the barber. You don sell those your phones? Why is your mind always going to bad places. Sai green white green Joor. I be Igbo Biafra and Boko haram all alone.
Where you steal those phones from?
you're a boko haram member I de suspect .

After naija army bomb the yeebos they are currently bombing your boko haram hideouts now

You paedophile and god of terror must be quaking now
Re: See The Original Design Of The Nigerian National Flag. by ArcToyin(m): 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kudos to the Pa for making Nigeria to achieve this. May God reward u bountifully even when the govt doesnt remember you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yul Edochie Visits Folashade, Tinubu's Daughter / Man Who Trekked For Buhari Visits PDP Headquarters With 'Rip APC Coffin' / Emmanuel: My Mum Told Me Sanwo-Olu Is My Father, Says 27-year-old Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.