Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,243 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview (39289 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Vanity Fair List Of International Best Dressed / Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by uchennamani(m): 5:44am On Mar 22, 2015
EroticAngelina:
U expect me to read all these? Mbanu.
Big-headed Olodo. Idi isi ka EroticAngelina.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 22, 2015
freecocoa:
Seems what most of you seeing nothing wrong with how Chimamanda addressed John, are saying is, is that, it's okay to be condescending because someone wants something from you.

So because John expects her to help him, he should shred whatever pride he has and take whatever is thrown at him happily? While this is how it usually works, does that make it okay?

Yet feminism is all about equality? I'm learning a lot.
What of females that have been enduring insults thrown to them by their oga? undecided

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by theSpark(m): 6:19am On Mar 22, 2015
Ishilove:

That's like saying Soyinka is overrated.

Or Achebe

Or Ekwensi.

Blasphemy!!! shocked angry sad

Comparing her with

Soyinka

Or Achebe

Or Cyprian?

That's the real Blasphemy shocked angry

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Joe82834(m): 6:47am On Mar 22, 2015
laplace12:
.." I used to automatically think there was virtue in the non-famous person and vice in the famous person..."

Epic kiss
Yea truly epic. By the way ,ur username reminds me of my 3rd yr in school. Really loved the course Laplace transform.my best
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 22, 2015
lawanson44:

Oh! Your father? Why not your mother? You see...I knew it! You are a 10kobo feminist going against the status quo. Iberibe bu oria! grin
Smh. What's the crime in my father giving me? Did I beg him for the money or did I tell him to give birth to me.
Will you deny that your mother hasn't given you anything and does that make you less a man? If she hasn't, it's not my fault. undecided Ewu!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by eyinjuege: 6:54am On Mar 22, 2015
theSpark:

Comparing her with

Soyinka

Or Achebe

Or Cyprian?

She's actually quite really really good. The way she plays with words keeps one enthralled.
She's also proven herself to the world. She can hold her own.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by laplace12(m): 6:54am On Mar 22, 2015
Joe82834:

Yea truly epic. By the way ,ur username reminds me of my 3rd yr in school. Really loved the course Laplace transform.my best

You are right broda. I choose the username to connect with whomever that loved the course the way I did.

You are welcome on board smiley
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by mikeczay: 7:06am On Mar 22, 2015
Vickybee:

Other way round.

You guys aren't in a class with my handbag not to talk about breaking my heart. undecided
tell that to mark zuckerberg or christiano ronaldo
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by hungryboy(m): 7:19am On Mar 22, 2015
waiting for Elnathan's reply,
i bet it will be epic,
aunty Chimamanda, calling a man in his thirties boy,
shey na u dey give am chop, abi na u be im mother?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by LEAFLET(m): 7:33am On Mar 22, 2015
Am I supposed to read all this?!? Because it's Amanda Shey!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Defcon1(m): 7:40am On Mar 22, 2015
Vickybee:

Other way round.

You guys aren't in a class with my handbag not to talk about breaking my heart. undecided
Hubris.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Joe82834(m): 7:41am On Mar 22, 2015
laplace12:

You are right broda. I choose the username to connect with whomever that loved the course the way I did.

You are welcome on board smiley
Tanx.good one.probably be doing a name swap or remodelling soon.lol. pls which course did u study
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Bhella5(m): 7:52am On Mar 22, 2015
EroticAngelina:
You are not so bright are you?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 22, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Mister, need I start a logomachy? The meaning of those words is quite obvious to those with discerning minds. I suggest you update your seemingly depleted vocabulary stock.

My friend, infamous can not quality ubiquity, its not all about consuming a dictionary, but about having a clear understanding of words and how they work together.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Onegai(f): 7:56am On Mar 22, 2015
As someone who believes in Feminism, it doesn't equate to this situation. I believe that as a feminist, my boss should treat me the exact way he treats everyone else. No calling him "Uncle this" because I want special treatment then getting upset later. That is true Equality, no special favours. No special "let me consider your feelings in this matter". Just acknowledge that I am human like you. But being condescending has nothing to do with Feminism, because Condescension can happen to any gender. In fact Condescension is actually very egalitarian.

Life has put Chimamanda above El-Nathan due to achievement but he's looking at himself as her equal because of Ageism. People have been condescended to and later won the respect of that same person. It wasn't via magic.

If Woke Soyinka had said this (and he has) we would not hear about this. If he had whined, everyone would have laughed in El-Nathan's face. But it stung his pride because a woman who doesn't have grey hairs said it to him (yep he would have swallowed it from an older woman).

If he wanted to be treated as her equal, he should not have been kneeling down in front of her to thank her, as her subordinate.

Well we can all agree to disagree and let us live our lives the way we choose.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by iyke2ken(m): 7:56am On Mar 22, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Ofcourse you wouldn't. Judging from comments like yours, identifying the infamous ubiquity of featherbrained gyno-humanoids such as yourself is a stroll in a park.

Pffft... Showoff

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Bhella5(m): 7:57am On Mar 22, 2015
Vickybee:

What of females that have been enduring insults thrown to them by their oga? undecided
Name one
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 22, 2015
Vickybee:

Smh. What's the crime in my father giving me? Did I beg him for the money or did I tell him to give birth to me.
Will you deny that your mother hasn't given you anything and does that make you less a man? If she hasn't, it's not my fault. undecided Ewu!

Well, at least I don't berate or debase women the way you do to men so I have no qualms with my mum. But you who is a die-hard feminist is still doing "daddy my pad has finished" which means without your dad (a man) you would have been standing at Allen Avenue at night. Check out 99% of feminists, they erase dependency on all men including their fathers. Your feminism just like most Nigerian women I know is just the attention-seeking type. Your grouse is especially against Nigerian men and young lady, it won't make us change who we are one bit. If you can't deal with it, relocate to Ghana as you said you prefer their men in one of your ranting posts! Aturu!!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 22, 2015
Onegai:
As someone who believes in Feminism, it doesn't equate to this situation. I believe that as a feminist, my boss should treat me the exact way he treats everyone else. No calling him "Uncle this" because I want special treatment then getting upset later. That is true Equality, no special favours. No special "let me consider your feelings in this matter". Just acknowledge that I am human like you. But being condescending has nothing to do with Feminism, because Condescension can happen to any gender. In fact Condescension is actually very egalitarian.

Life has put Chimamanda above El-Nathan due to achievement but he's looking at himself as her equal because of Ageism. People have been condescended to and later won the respect of that same person. It wasn't via magic.

If Woke Soyinka had said this (and he has) we would not hear about this. If he had whined, everyone would have laughed in El-Nathan's face. But it stung his pride because a woman who doesn't have grey hairs said it to him (yep he would have swallowed it from an older woman).

If he wanted to be treated as her equal, he should not have been kneeling down in front of her to thank her, as her subordinate.

Well we can all agree to disagree and let us live our lives the way we choose.

Exactly, this isn't about feminism but a Madam and her boy.

It would have been a different case if they don't have any relationship or are husband and wife.

Madam has the right to talk to her subordinate anyhow be it male or female.

Had it been Wole Soyinka tag her female student a girl and she replied to protect her ego, all them will still blame the woman.

Bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 22, 2015
Vickybee:

It would have been a different case if they don't have any relationship or are husband and wife.

Had it been Wole Soyinka tag her female student a girl and she replied to protect her ego, all them will still blame the woman.

Bunch of hypocrites.
fake feminist alert phewwwww
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 22, 2015
lawanson44:

Well, at least I don't berate or debase women the way you do to men so I have no qualms with my mum. But you who is a die-hard feminist is still doing "daddy my pad has finished" which means without your dad (a man) you would have been standing at Allen Avenue at night. Check out 99% of feminists, they erase dependency on all men including their fathers. Your feminism just like most Nigerian women I know is just the attention-seeking type. Your grouse is especially against Nigerian men and young lady, it won't make us change who we are one bit. If you can't deal with it, relocate to Ghana as you said you prefer their men in one of your ranting posts! Aturu!!
See painment. grin

Where did I write that I have qualms with men on this thread?

FYI, I'm still in 200level and Chimamanda's father also sponsored her abroad. undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by VantagePoint: 8:43am On Mar 22, 2015
Vickybee:

Bunch of hypocrites.
"A madam and her boy" ! Just listen to yourself!
You're letting your raving feminism (and that's a euphemism) cloud your judgment.
Who is the madam, and who is the 'boy' ?
Because he attended her workshop?
For looking up to her as a role model?
And you want gender equality in the name of feminism.
Look no farther for the hypocrite.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 22, 2015
Vickybee:

See painment. grin

Where did I wrote that I have qualm with men on this thread?

FYI, I'm still in 200level and Chimamanda father also sponsored her abroad. undecided

1. Men are Sexists and Chauvinistic in nature
Most men are sexists and chauvinistic in nature therefore making them selfish and loathe independent women. They make denigrating remarks about women and you don't expect a serious, logical and virtuous woman to remain with such a rètarded being.
Women in other hand, are peace loving and cool but their anti-feminism husband keeps antagonising them and they don't have an option but divorce him.

Does that ring a bell?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by ekeneidiagbor: 8:52am On Mar 22, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Ofcourse you wouldn't. Judging from comments like yours, identifying the infamous ubiquity of featherbrained gyno-humanoids such as yourself is a stroll in a park.

Daaaaaammmmm!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 22, 2015
VantagePoint:

"A madam and her boy" ! Just listen to yourself!
You're letting your raving feminism (and that's a euphemism) cloud your judgment.
Who is the madam, and who is the 'boy' ?
Because he attended her workshop?
For looking up to her as a role model?
And you want gender equality in the name of feminism.
Look no farther for the hypocrite.
Smh! In work place, there must be head and subordinate.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 22, 2015
lawanson44:

1. Men are Sexists and Chauvinistic in nature
Most men are sexists and chauvinistic in nature therefore making them selfish and loathe independent women. They make denigrating remarks about women and you don't expect a serious, logical and virtuous woman to remain with such a rètarded being.
Women in other hand, are peace loving and cool but their anti-feminism husband keeps antagonising them and they don't have an option but divorce him.

Does that ring a bell?
Didn't you see people that were blaming women.

I had to make my own point too. undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 22, 2015
EroticAngelina:

Lazy girl tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:10am On Mar 22, 2015
Raymie:
Asiconoclastic, logomarchy, muruntum imkpavu, mutum mpafu,! These use of verbiage can deplete one's bandwidth. @TheSonofMark and co, can I be yhur collective boy? I promise not to denigrate yhu in public.
I am only but a protege of sesquipedalians myself. I try to update my vocabulary by perusing the English lexicograph regularly.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Ishilove: 9:11am On Mar 22, 2015
theSpark:

Comparing her with

Soyinka

Or Achebe

Or Cyprian?

You're a philistine angry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Ishilove: 9:13am On Mar 22, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

I am only but a protege of sesquipedalians myself. I try to update my vocabulary by perusing the English lexicograph regularly.
Seriously?

These big big grammar is completely unnecessary angry

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 22, 2015
Vickybee:

See painment. grin

Where did I wrote that I have qualm with men on this thread?

FYI, I'm still in 200level and Chimamanda father also sponsored her abroad. undecided

Where did I WRITE, not WROTE.

Chimamanda's father, not Chimamanda father.

I have "a" qualm or I have qualms, not, I have qualm sad
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 22, 2015
Ishilove:

You're a philistine angry

You are the philistine. Adichie is good but not to be compared with the masters yet.

Personally, I find Bulawayo and KS Sello Duiker far better than she is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 85th Birthday: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Him / "365": A Novelette / A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.