Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,274 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? (26011 Views)

Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment / Anita Oyakhilome Gets Divorce Certificate / Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Wuuworld(m): 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
pDude:

HeheheHehehe. I go buy you beer biko. Which brand you dey drink?
.hahahahahhahaha,make I manage Orijin bro....big bottle preferable.
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2015
EggovinMma:
I BET ALL THE GUYS WHO ON ONE TIME GOT A VIRGIN BROKE N, SHOULD GO AND RETURN THE CHEERY BACK. grin
chisos! u badt guan! but spot on
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Nuella222(f): 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
EggovinMma:
Your friend needs to help his pastor regain his sense by sending him for mental check up! cheesy cheesy
All this people wey dey worship their pastors self!

Since he is repented, old things has passed away.

That pastor needs to be flogged thoroughly by boko haram. grin cheesy.

So all the kwokwokirikwo wey I do, after repentance, I gat to go to them guys to collect all the satisfaction they derived? ? NDI nzuzu! cheesy cheesy and return their sperm.
All the thief wey I thief , make I go return back abi Especially the candies wey i thief from my mama stalls to those days.Tell that pastor make him pack welll angry

grin grin u break ma ribs!
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by linearity: 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
The core teaching and practice of restitution is in the Old Testament. And, if you take time to study those passages, you will find out that, the main purpose of restitution is to rights wrongs or make peace with your neighbor or a fellow human being. Note the highlighted, because, they are very important. WAEC is not your neighbor and they are not bearing grudges against you. Now, this is different from stealing from the government, he have to return the stolen money, because that money belong to the citizens of the country and each day they see poor infrastructure; they lament and complain to God, who hears their cries and they bear grudges against you every single day.

The only explicit mention of restitution in the New Testament is that of Zachheus, who made that extral effort and, that guy offended and took money from a lot of people, there after Jesus told him that, by his actions; salvation has come to his house. But Jesus have also made such proclaimations to other people from the thief on the cross to the prostitution, to Saul who became Paul, beyond the proclaimation of their faith, these other people did not do restitution and they are not less saved loved by Jesus than Zachheus.

Restitution is a delicate and sensitive subject that you must allow the Holy Spirit to lead you on. Pray about it, if you have an inner peace, then let it go. If it is something that God wants you to do, his spirit will lead and prompt you. Understanding of the scripture about the subject is also important, because the Bible says my people perish for lack of knowledge. In your case, you cheated in an exam, you have repented and are now born again, you have publicly confessed your sins, you did not offend, injure, misappropriate anyone's property, WAEC is not bearing grudges against you before God; you simply broke man's rule, we all do that everyday....go and sin no more!

A back story, even in cases unlike yours, when restitution is advised e.g. taking someone's property; you really have to apply wisdow and in some cases, it would be better not to do the restitution...case in point-true life story...A friend stole money from a classmate in high school, he eventually repented and was advise on restitution, he then remember this thieft and wants to make it right, but on inquiry he found out that, the friend he stole the money from died very young amid some unfortunate circumstance..but Pastor abd friends still urges him on that he must still make restitution and donations to the poor or offering will not cut it. He then amass the courage and approach the father of this friend and made restitution to him. The father is an unbeliever, he was very angry and mad to be once again reminded of his son's demise and he did not take it likely and was grieved by it.

Now, the goal of restitution is to make amends and to seek peace with your neighbor, if that action will cause grief, sorry, suffering; that is where wisdow should step in and cause you to either not do the restitution or if you still want do it, then do it through other means eg like giving to the poor just like Zachheus did. In the case of my friend above, the advise to go ahead with the restitution was not the best, he would have Forgo it and would not be a lesser Christian than other Christians in the bible.

1 Like

Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
geefasee:
i think what the pastor meant is that, the guy credentials are built on a WAEC result forgery. and since the foundation is wrong he needs to correct it.

No man can make restitution for his sins, except Jesus Christ. Salvation is a free gift. Nobody can work his salvation that he should boast(Ephesians 2:8-9), so if you commit murder, can you bring back the life of that person? Remember old things shall pass away, he is a NEW creature in Christ. Also in the book of Galatians 5(I think) if you are keeping to the law and you stumble by mistake, you are guilty of ALL. Returning your WAEC certificate cannot erase all your sins, but in submission to our LORD Jesus Christ will you find salvation.
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by yinkarh187(m): 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
AspDrone:
SheyOro niyen?
O ya mi lenu

1 Like

Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by sobmos(m): 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
Religion don turn people to mental case. Craze dey that pastor head. Hahahahhahahahaahhaah.
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nuella222:
grin grin u break ma ribs!

Sorry dear.
I need to calm down sometimes. smiley
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Mekzmoney(m): 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
grin grin Hmmm... U would also hav to return d satisfaction u derived 4rm d ikwokirikwo na.. Its nt only dem dat derive such satisfaction, and u hav to also return all d sperm and d baby 2dem also wen u repent grin
EggovinMma:
Your friend needs to help his pastor regain his sense by sending him for mental check up! cheesy cheesy
All this people wey dey worship their pastors self!

Since he is repented, old things has passed away.

That pastor needs to be flogged thoroughly by boko haram. grin cheesy.

So all the kwokwokirikwo wey I do, after repentance, I gat to go to them guys to collect all the satisfaction they derived? ? NDI nzuzu! cheesy cheesy and return their sperm.
All the thief wey I thief , make I go return back abi Especially the candies wey i thief from my mama stalls to those days.Tell that pastor make him pack welll angry

Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
Mekzmoney:
grin grin Hmmm... U would also hav to return d satisfaction u derived 4rm d ikwokirikwo na.. Its nt only dem dat derive such satisfaction, and u hav to also return all d sperm and d baby 2dem also wen u repent grin

Everybody will start returning their sins.
All the meat I still steal from my mother's cooking pot, I should put my hand inside my mouth to vomit them out. cheesy

Na that kind pastor dey fit me self because I no dey fear them at all. I go just yarn them my mind carry my bag move. Deceivers!
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
geefasee:
i think what the pastor meant is that, the guy credentials are built on a WAEC result forgery. and since the foundation is wrong he needs to correct it.
and how are you going to correct the foundation without bringing down the whole building. Choi you should stop pilling more sufferings for the repentant!
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by ElfEnomenOo: 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2015
smh
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by kunle1960: 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
People nowadays are using church to deceive themselves.Again,pastors are Demi gods in the contemporary time and people are just suffering for no just cause.Young man make sure you return both your waec and degree certs so that you can make heaven.
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by annibro(f): 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2015
Acts 17:30; "in the days of ignorance, God overlooks".
Pls I encourage every person to study and know the Bible 4 himself & stop relying on people's opinion. God deals with people as individuals. All He wants is Geniune repentance afterwards, if u read dat scripture further in Acts 17:31.
Pls beware of Pastors who keep their followers in perpetual bondage with isolated verses. The word of God is 2 bring solace & comfort not 2 condemn or confuse people. Jesus said in Isaiah 61:1-3; d Lord has appointed me 2 preach goodtidings 2d meek, bind up brokenhearted, proclaim Liberty 2 the captives ......
@op; pls let the person send me a PM. I'll like 2 talk 2 him in person.
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by pomsky: 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
Iamsynord:
A friend to one of my close friends ( please this is not a made up story ) has been in dilemma for a couple of days now .He had been looking for a job for four years and recently gave his life to Christ.

Upon seeking spiritual intervention, he was asked to return his WAEC certificate to which he admitted he cheated as he did the exams in a miracle center and was helped in all subjects he took.

He however stopped any form of cheating when he got to the university and did all his Exams following rules and regulations earning him a 2: 1degree.The Man of God however insisted he got his WAEC result through forgery and cheating and must return the certificate back.

Now the question he is asking is Since he has asked for forgiveness and Is sincerely regretted his actions is there need to restitute or return back the certificate ?? How is he going to get a job without it?? is it biblical stated?? Pls help !!

.[size=20pt]......why don't he just write waec again, if he feels he must be justified by works. So that his conscience will be satisfied that though he cheated with the first waec, his second one is authentic( without necessity returning the first certificate)? A friend of mine who graduated about 20yrs ago just informed me he and his wife for trying sake rewrote waec again last year and he came out with flying colours even with A1 in some subjects. He didn't need it, but he just did it!
But i privately wonder what the pastor would have told him if he informed the pastor while in school he was a cult member and had killed, but now given his life to Christ? Would he have told him to go raise the dead he killed back to life, or go turn himself to the police who kill the innocent every day?[/size] sad
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by annibro(f): 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
Iamsynord:
A friend to one of my close friends ( please this is not a made up story ) has been in dilemma for a couple of days now .He had been looking for a job for four years and recently gave his life to Christ.
The Man of God however insisted he got his WAEC result through forgery and cheating and must return the certificate back.
How is he going to get a job without it?? is it biblical stated?? Pls help !!

Acts 17:30; "in the days of ignorance, God overlooks".
Pls I encourage every person to study and know the Bible 4 himself & stop relying on people's opinion. God deals with people as individuals. All He wants is Geniune repentance afterwards, if u read dat scripture further in Acts 17:31.
Pls beware of Pastors who keep their followers in perpetual bondage with isolated verses. The word of God is 2 bring solace & comfort not 2 condemn or confuse people. Jesus said in Isaiah 61:1-3; d Lord has appointed me 2 preach goodtidings 2d meek, bind up brokenhearted, proclaim Liberty 2 the captives ......
@op; pls let the person send me a PM. I'll like 2 talk 2 him in person.
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by kpezi: 5:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
You would have asked the pastor what he will tell a prostitute that confesses and repents in his church. will he ask her to restore her virginity.
wise up.
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by simdam500(m): 9:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
kpezi:
You would have asked the pastor what he will tell a prostitute that confesses and repents in his church. will he ask her to restore her virginity.
wise up.

Abi ooo.... very gud example.
Abi he will ask to return all the money she has made from her pvsssy?

Or probably flush out all the dîck she has take in.... sad
undecided
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by adewalle1(m): 9:38pm On Mar 29, 2015
ask d pastor how in pikin take get in waec, sad
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by treasure07: 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2015
CHEAPEST DATA EVER FOR ANDROID DEVICES AND PCs(Promo)

Are you tired of buying expensive data all the time on your device? Then this is for you

MTN 1GB- N1200
ETISALAT 1GB-N1300

Hurry while stock lasts
'Teleola Kolawole
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by mizzyboy007: 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
Lionbite:
if its a true message from God i suggests he returns it........... cos sometimes our plans are different from God's divine plan
sharrap ur dirty mouth u baboon.
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by treasure07: 10:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
Make d guy no return am o. Because........if anyone is in christ, he is a new creature, old things are passed away.
And Ecclesiates says that .........to him that is joined to ALL the living there is hope............
So he shouldn't bother. All he needs to do is seek the face of God himself. He should sit with the scriptures until he locates his own word. Not just fasting without hearing and hearing comes by the word.
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
what shall it profit a man to qain dey world and losses his soul...hu remember dis in his bibble...¿
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by adaxxy: 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ask God for forgiveness and you truly mean it
Don't return anything.
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Keky(m): 10:43am On Mar 31, 2015
Gombs:

Tell your friend Jesus is not mad at his past error. Restitution is not a must. That Pastor should mind what he says. PM me for more details.
Restitution is a must
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Gombs(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2015
Keky:
Restitution is a must

edify me please
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Keky(m): 8:38am On Apr 02, 2015
Gombs:

edify me please
Restitution is a confirmation of salvation, it breaks the power of sin over that guys life. It will help to clear his conscience, cos if his conscience is not clear with Man and God (Acts 24:16), the power of sin is still over his life and it won't give him right standing before God. Our Conscience must be clear before we go to God, and if its not clear, the devil will keep accusing the guy. Mathew 5:23-24, Proverbs 6:30-31. The most important thing is to have a clear conscience. His own case is not a case of restitution I think, he cheated and he should ask for forgiveness, since he didn't impersonate or steal someone else result, he should ask for mercy. But Brother in any other case, RESTITUTION is a must.
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Gombs(m): 5:14am On Apr 03, 2015
Keky:
Restitution is a confirmation of salvation,

Wrong. No biblical proof, just mere assumptions.

it breaks the power of sin over that guys life.

Very wrong again. Believing in Jesus' sacrifice for one is enough. Actually more than enough to break the power of sin.

Ephesians 2:5 KJV
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink

It will help to clear his conscience,

Not necessarily. For example, what if he killed for a living? How does he restitute? If he can't, are you saying he won't have a clear conscience? And hence, the power of sin is not broken?

Col 1:21-22 KJV
21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death,
to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

cos if his conscience is not clear with Man and God (Acts 24:16), the power of sin is still over his life and it [b]won't give him right standing before God.

Wrong again. Righteousness was imputed to us the moment we got born again. We did, and can do nothing to earn it on our own. One's conscience is based on what he's taught about right and wrong.

For example, if a child is trained to kill all thieves, the moment he grows up to be a man, and finds a thief, and doesn't kill him, his conscience will prick him, for not
"Doing the right thing"

Our Conscience must be clear before we go to God, and if its not clear, the devil will keep accusing the guy.

The devil accuses all believers. He is the accuser of the brethren. Remember, Jesus said, come to me all ye that are heavy laden, an I will give you rest".

Mathew 5:23-24, Proverbs 6:30-31. The most important thing is to have a clear conscience. His own case is not a case of restitution I think, he cheated and he should ask for forgiveness, since he didn't impersonate or steal someone else result, he should ask for mercy. But Brother in any other case, RESTITUTION is a must.

Your opinion does not and cannot and will not supersede that ofbhe Bible. You evidently cannot show me where it is compulsory in the Bible.
Re: He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paul Enenche Speaks On Election Shift, Tells Nigerians What To Do / Why Is Daddy Freeze Focused On Adeboye And Not TB Joshua? / Apostle Suleman Fires Back At Critics Of Dollar Splash On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.