Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

West African Countries Hate Nigerians? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / West African Countries Hate Nigerians? (37902 Views)

Poll: Do they REALLY hate us?

Yes: 61% (83 votes)
No: 38% (52 votes)
This poll has ended

Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men / A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by eniyan(m): 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2007
I am proud to be a Nigerian! grin Sometimes I pro-actively look for ways to ensure my nationality is known.

Nigerian 4 life cool
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by dennylove(m): 10:54pm On Oct 31, 2007
ENIYAN,THANK YOU THANK YOU, GIVE IT TO THEM,AM PROUD OF YOU!!! NAIJA I WILL LIVE AND DIE AS A HERO FOR MY FATHERLAND. wink cheesy smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by focused(m): 11:00pm On Oct 31, 2007
Hate will always be there. Hate has always been there before we were all born and before our fore fathers were born .

Don't let us bother ourselves with what West Africans think of Nigerians. The west africans themselves too, don't like themselves as well, because before you can like others, you have to like yourself as well. It is only the spirit of God in the heart of human being that will make human being love themselves.

LETS FOCUSED ON OURSELVES AND CHANGE WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED AND IMPROVE WHAT NEEDS IMPROVING.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by labiyemmy(m): 11:01pm On Oct 31, 2007
the whole world hate Nigerians - not only West African countries - the question is - what are you as a person doing to reverse the trend?
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by 9ja4eva: 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2007
We are the most hated because we are the best in what we do,

9ja till i die, i go dey represent to the fullest, Nothing dey happen
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by medaura(m): 11:18pm On Oct 31, 2007
that germanlady sef is better you rest your case.the house is talking about african countries not igbo and yoruba.
please be cearful what you say ABEG.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by 9ja4eva: 11:20pm On Oct 31, 2007
We help dem , dey hate us

Such is life
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by finemocha(f): 11:50pm On Oct 31, 2007
well all u proud human beings of nigeirans, y dont u ewu's go to obasnajo's face or yar adua or all those other political fcukers, and let them know how u feel. hmmhmm hmm

Bleep u guys, its always easy to say u are proud of nigerian when ua re eating vegetable soup and going to parties. But yet u all do nothing, me imnot proud oh, abeg im ashamed at what my fellow nigerians are doing, and once i become a doctor i plan tomake some mother bleeping changes.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by ruemu(m): 12:04am On Nov 01, 2007
finemocha I feel u
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by kojeiwa(m): 12:27am On Nov 01, 2007
Other Africans dont like Nigerians for real. They think we are arrogant and look down on them.

They like to portray Nigerians as Criminal, It take brains to play somebody for a fool. Nigerians are not

the only country that are involve in credit card proud and yahoo business. There are a lot of talented Nigerians all

over the world. We are doctors, engineers, Movie industry, entertainers, big time business owners, name it, Nigerians are there.

LET THEM HATE, I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Bully1: 2:45am On Nov 01, 2007
[/color][color=#990000][size=8pt]well, as a true son of of d soil, am a nigerian and am proud.
Nigerians r a proud bunch, and we have the in ur face attitude
thats why them hate us.Stayin in germany for a lil over 2 years
i have come 2 1 conclusion ,  u always kno us naijans anywhere
we go .Best dressers , #1 chick husslers, y wont the rest of africa
hate us , U no sabi say na we run tings pass, Hate it or luv it
we will always dominate anywhere we go, whether in heaven or in
hell.We must show weself. cheesy
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Bully1: 2:51am On Nov 01, 2007
finemocha , abeg tell us how u plan 2 make some "changes"?
U kno , i once argued wif a sudanese guy , he called us naijans
thieves n what not, but i only got 1 question for him . " How many
times does cnn show planes droppin fude in nigeria?" As much as
we have bleeped up in certain areas, i still think we got a lot of
things that we have done and we should thus b proud of who we r.
The lion neva gives birth 2 a goat.Neva happend and neva will.
B proud of who u r wink
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nwaka77: 3:04am On Nov 01, 2007
Na dem know. People will never stop hating that is why our world is all screwed up. undecided
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by faketan(m): 3:18am On Nov 01, 2007
This thread just confirmed my suspicion.

I have been wondering why I get some kind of treatment from other African brothers, even some Ghanaian in this foreign land. I once told someone that i think Africans do not like Nigerians.

It is really funny. Na wa for Africa, Did you say it is jealousy? , may be ,
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by GhanaGirl1: 4:22am On Nov 01, 2007
Y'all need to really think about the reasons why you think people all over the world think negatively of y'all, cause it's kindda funny how most of y'all think that Ghanaians and other west african countries hate nigerians because WE ARE JEALOUS OF YOU? What kindda crap is that? what are we jealous of you guys for?----please someone tell me cause i want to know.

FYI----Your own peeps give you guys a bad rap with theM illegal activities. It's just sad that people stereotype all nigerians as being crooks just from the actions of people who just happen to be from nigeria.

-------------I flanky have nothing against Nigerians I'M A LOVER AND LOVE ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE------I have many nigerian friends and i have nothing but mad love for them. My best friend is also nigerian. I think those of you who think that ghanaians and other west african countries hate you and that we are jealous of you for whatever reason need to wake up------cause it doesn't make a lick of sense
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by nguage(m): 4:41am On Nov 01, 2007
Ghana girl is the funniest nairaland member evar. I can't believe you registered on the forum to "prove" Ghanians are not jealous of Nigerians. You don't need to agree with me but every other country in the world appreciates the fact that Nigeria is a "superpower" in Africa.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by togs: 6:48am On Nov 01, 2007
God Bless Nigeria. I love this nation and am proud to be a nigerian
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by amaikama(m): 7:50am On Nov 01, 2007
For a man or woman to hate another, there must be a reason for them to hate. angry angry angry
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by cyprianjr(m): 8:07am On Nov 01, 2007
@edygirl
Girl,u funny lol, abi now,make we go fight them? grin grin

well as for the hatred or whatever,  so now no be whites dey hate blacks again na blacks dey hate themselves abi embarassed undecided.

well am PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN. NIGER 4 LIFE JO
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 01, 2007
@Ghana girl

I agree with you a little on the grounds that Nigerians are hated because of some criminal activities by some Nigerians.
But if you must tell yourself the truth; 85% of why Nigerians are hated by other west Africans or Africans is shear jealousy. They dominate other Africans wherever they go and in whatever they do.

Just like how the USA is being hated by the world for her achievements and guts (legally and illegally), that is how these Africans hate Nigeria.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Seun(m): 8:31am On Nov 01, 2007
If they hate us so much, why do they buy our movies? What they hate is our tendency towards crime.
And by the way, the world does not hate the people of USA either. The world hates GW Bush and his friends.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by delivio(m): 8:45am On Nov 01, 2007
its a pity that instead of suckin up to us they r biefing mark my words if care is not taken in a few years at the rate at which our economy is expanding we will start requesting visas from ghanians
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by ehie007(m): 9:58am On Nov 01, 2007
Its just that we are more superior to other africans, cos of our show off nature.

They hate us cos they see us as opressors, over confident and cunny.

Jealousy is also a part of their hatred for us.

they see us as pple who lavish money anyhow, drive the best of cars, travel round the world anyhow and so on. Any major event in africa we are always on top wether by merit or other wise.

Anyway its good to be a nigerian.

But on the good side other african countries look up to us cos of our confident nature. We dnt give two bleeps abt whereever we find ourself, all nigerian do is to come, conquer and leave a mark and leav the country.

AM A PROUD NIGERIAN even in the present sorry state of the country
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by londoner: 10:15am On Nov 01, 2007
@ Seun its so true, they claim to dislike us, yet they will buy the latest movies and Ovation magazines to see our latest trends. A much as they are annoyed at the criminals among us, they are also jealous. I remember being in a Ghanain hairdresser, where they started dissing Naijas (as usual) the lady was saying to another lady why "do they have to try and be the best at everything?" Meanwhile they were watching Naija videos all day, they were hooked, lol

I just sat there laughing to myself, you hate us, but cant get enough of us either.

Why do you think they banned Naija videos at one point in Ghana?, Is it not because they realised how much their people love our movies and they felt they couldn't compete? They are complaining that Nigerians are buying too much land in Ghana. Its jealousy I tell you.

If you put a confident person next to someone who doubts themselves, they will feel uncomfortable, that uncomfortability comes out in many different ways.
Those individuals should be pitied.

We also need to flog our brothers and sisters who show our nation in a bad light. Its time to clean up house.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by TruBrotha: 1:01pm On Nov 01, 2007
Well the best way to fight someone who is jealous of u is to be be proud of doing what kills them lol. If they hate u for being Nigerian, then be more nigerian and they would eat up slowly from their inside till they drop dead. U can get a free @trulynigerian.com email it helps send them 6 feet below the earth lol
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by koko777(m): 1:15pm On Nov 01, 2007
@finemocha You are 'brave cat' in indeed! it's only a cat dat can send that kind of contribution. Anyway Naija will forever shine among the rest of africans cos we are blessed, we only need to minimize our excessess. God bless Nigeria!
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by henchmark: 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2007
ITS SIMPLY because we think we are too smart, i had alittle problem when i travelled to lome the guy said he doesnt like nigerians because they believe that money can solve every problem, sometimes you only need to plead and accept your wrong and you may be pardoned.

it doent mean we are the worst though but make we improve
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by lavigne: 1:40pm On Nov 01, 2007
well i dont think it is true dat other west africans hate nigerians.i belive that it all boils down to individuality.except of course you are likening us to jews that are being hated everywhere.nigerians are just a group of people trying to survive anywhere.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Comfort86(f): 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2007
What is up with all the bashing from citizens of other countries.  Why are you registered on this site?  I swear it says on the homepage: Home of Nigerians and Friends of Nigerians.  Na wa o! All this hating. Shake them hatas' off!

I am very annoyed at the fact that such statements as "nigerians are 419", "nigerians are too proud", etc keep surfacing.  Who amongst you is not proud to be a citizen of his/her country when it comes down to it.  And which one of any of your countries do not have "419"--thieves, cons, criminals, fraudsters--whatever you choose to call it.  Is it because we have given a unique title to our own.  I, personally, do not believe that my country is above any other country; and I am overtly proud to be a Nigerian. That's what's up.
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by londoner: 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2007
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Comfort86(f): 3:33pm On Nov 01, 2007
Finemocha, na wa o. I agree that changes do have to be made in that country and we all need to play a role in its betterment.  You are not proud to be a Nigerian?  If your child goes wayward, you will not be proud to be his mother? . . .
Re: West African Countries Hate Nigerians? by Comfort86(f): 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2007
My fellow Nigerians, please let us keep God first and do him proud in all of our doings and endeavours.
All my Love  kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / The Myth About Nigerians Washing Dead Bodies In The US / Two Bike Men In Accident On Ikorodu Road (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.