Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili (63091 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter) / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by ollyruffy: 7:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
I agree.
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by symbianDON(m): 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henrypraise41:
He is still a hero if i may chip in, do you think that running a big country like nigeria is a child's play? There are some forces both spiritual & physical that you hardly resist. He tried his best and paved way for another person steer ship you said he wasnt a hero, had it been he refused to accept defeat nigeria could have been in a chaos by then may be you will be in outside nigeria telling the whole world another different thing.
and what is heroic about accepting defeat? Nigerians have so soon forgotten all the antics Jonathan and his cohorts played in the name of politics! never in the history of the country had politics been so played in a dirty manner as Jonathan played his. so much mud slinging and misinformation all in a bid to win the elections at all cost. Jonathan never paved any way for anyone to win except himself. if he had his way he would gladly have loved to cling unto power. him and his garrulous wife.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Onilaiscool(f): 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
eightsin:
This woman with her big thick ugly lips should go suck dic.k
grin
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Mcowubaba: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
soloafe:
I wish same can be said of you madam chiboks. even ur igbo nation are disappointed in you, for the embarrassment u have brought to them.

Who told u the r disappointed in her...(R u the mouthpiece of the South East)

But dis Lady should take a chill pill
Is she on Methamphetamine..better call saul grin
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Jman06(m): 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
seedorfg:
well ezekwenzili is right, imagine stella oduha after embezzling our money he went ahead and contest for senatorial seat and some bigots still him as 'hero" ..9ja i hail ooo
If you are not foolish, you would have realized that Anambra people and not GEJ elected Odua to the senate. angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by AsanwaKC(f): 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
before nko..
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by IVORY2009(m): 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
[s]
deemdeem:
Oby on point. Jonah-daft is a curse to the Nigerian nation
[/s]

What is ur problem 2day again?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
right on.

Sagamite:

Thank you, intelligent woman.

Exactly these damages is the next thread I want to open on NL.

People are so gullible and stupid, some few can manipulate them.

GEJ almost destroyed Nigeria. Conceding and one lousy letter, all of a sudden fuuktards want to rewrite history and label him hero.

A corrupt, weak, dumb, clueless, slow man.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by richidinho(m): 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
Keneking:
This government sef........

Madam you have spoke well

Madam you have spoke well

Is that English or England?
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Dpackage: 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
Jonathan Is Not A Hero In The 2015 Elections, He Had No Choice

http://www.doynews.com/article/jonathan-not-hero-2015-elections-he-had-no-choice
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by stayblack: 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
GEJ MESSED UP SIMPLE...ALL THIS THAT THIS ABOUT HIM..NA MAKE E NON HANG..NOW HE GO DEY CALCULATE MONEY B4 SPENDING...
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by efilefun(m): 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
Go and read your history very well incase you skipped class, BUHARI didn't participate in the coup planning he was only called to come head the country, after losing to OBJ and Yaradua why was there no crisis... wake up and think
pazienza:

How about a tyrant/dictator, a coup plotter, a blood thirsty bitter being, a sore loser, a man that believe Abacha didn't steal, can he be a hero? *grins*

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by vislabraye(m): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gej conceded defeat and that's honourable. He played fair. He did not assasinate anybody or incite violence.
If he had wanted to stay further, theres nothing anyone would have done. So forget about international body telling him anything.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Ralphlauren(m): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Jonathan is no hero.

He only conceded defeat because he is afraid of the wrath of the ICC.

Besides, a lot foreign governments would have wielded HEAVY sanctions on him, his wife and any family member linked to him.

These sanctions could have included travel ban, freezing of all his foreign bank accounts/assets, military intervention, etc.

Jonathan just had tooooooo much to lose if he had done otherwise.

He is no hero. Na condition make crayfish bend grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by laytoshtwo: 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Monogamy:
Leader of the Bring Back Our Girls group and former minister of education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, has said that President Goodluck Jonathan does not deserve the hero tittle for accepting defeat in the just concluded presidential poll.

DAILY POST reports Jonathan, before the INEC chairman could announce the final result of last Saturday’s presidential election, had called General Buhari to congratulate him for winning the election.

Following his decision, many Nigerians have been praising the president for saving the entire nation from disaster.

However, Ezekwesili says if only Nigerians knew the extent of damage President Jonathan has done to Nigeria, they won’t hero worship him.

She took to her Twitter page on Thursday, to air her views on the recently held presidential election.

She tweeted: “When a review of President Jonathan’s administration is done, we’ll realize how much damage sycophancy did to governance. Example? Chibok Girls,” she wrote.

“A leader must be without an inordinate desire to be serenaded with ‘good news’ or their team will never let them know the true state of affairs.

“An environment that rewards sycophancy encourages team to withhold accurate ‘bad’ news (problems) from the leader while serving up ‘good news’.

” When a leader makes hero worshiping costly to those who engage in it, he/she deprives the ‘sellers’ market to set the ‘Mediocrity Benchmark.’

“A critical success factor in governance is for the leader to both in word and deed convey a culture that abhors sycophancy. No hero worshiping.”

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/03/jonathan-is-not-a-hero-oby-ezekwesili/

Your opinion
frankgreat:
I had an argument concerning this heroic chant about GET. ..what he did is nothing but normal, he failed and he agreed he failed simple..will u praise a child thato repeated a class because he/she failed? Or will u praise a man that stops when the traffic light shows red? What he did shows he is a good and peaceful man simple and not a hero or to b given a Nobel price...people like the doctors that fought against Ebola r d heros we have, our military fighting Boko Haram are the heros. Not someone that failed and agreed he did..

Will buhari do the same if he lost?
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Dpackage: 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Jonathan Is Not A Hero In The 2015 Elections, He Had No Choice http://www.doynews.com/article/jonathan-not-hero-2015-elections-he-had-no-choice
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Alutasenator: 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
frankgreat:
I had an argument concerning this heroic chant about GET. ..what he did is nothing but normal, he failed and he agreed he failed simple..will u praise a child thato repeated a class because he/she failed? Or will u praise a man that stops when the traffic light shows red? What he did shows he is a good and peaceful man simple and not a hero or to b given a Nobel price...people like the doctors that fought against Ebola r d heros we have, our military fighting Boko Haram are the heros. Not someone that failed and agreed he did..
big goat

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by ifoundmyperfect: 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Obasanjo come and carry this your boyfriend out of here biko... angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by ifyemex(m): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
tongue angry
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by princefaculty(m): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Oby & her father OBJ should hide their faces in shame, they took this country backward & now she has the effrontery to condemn another person just because she wants an appointment in the newly elected government, what a shame?
God help Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by highmood(m): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
Madam Oby, maybe you should take a nap. Whether he caused a damage or not, those that have preceded him caused so much damages than he has done. I would loved you to point fingers starting from those people even your former boss. Good luck have done well Madam Oby, whether you like it or not. His accepting defeat saved lives and properties that would have been destroyed in the north and even in the east as well as in the south south. Everyday you scream bring back our girls without including many other young children, women and men that have been taken away. Are those lives and those that would have been lost had GEJ not accepted defeat not important too?
are the school girls the only ones that have been taken away?
if you think it's only the north that are poor and Goodluck have not done much for them and the nation, I would request you travel to the riverine areas of Niger delta And ask about fishing port, where women take their children for fishing and in those places, there are no schools for the children and even teachers dislike going into those communities because there is no light, no road, the boat ride coat hell. I even wonder how some of those ppl will benefit from government power program. Imagine poor ppl in the ND buying water for #10 or they drink a salty water which is already polluted with crude oil, defecation because they do all in thier water.
Go and see the oil spill and you will weep for these region who you think is rich but yet everyday thier poor people cry. I have lived with these people in that place and I knew what I passed through and thier pain. They sometimes expect you to give them because they don't have yet they sleep, eat and drink on wealth which is been taking to develop other regions.
GEJ has done well. Please accept it and if you have any grudge against him, please just go and settle it.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by kipesco(m): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gbawe:

Indeed. Are we now supposed to forget the monumental and universally acclaimed misrule of GEJ because of one act he was bullied into by the likes of David Cameron, Obama et al? GEJ did not want to leave and was not prepared to leave hence the massive rigging - and we have even seen the video proof - conducted for him in Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom et al.

Whether people know it or not, the result, which showed Buhari had won despite the massive rigging of team GEJ, had been known since Sunday. Many moved behind the scene to convince GEJ not to try anything funny and subtle threats were deployed. GEJ, as expected of his self-serving nature, preferred not to piss-off this powerful lobby group. They never wanted to hand over and were willing to do anything to sit tight. Many simply showed GEJ he will be made to account for his action if chaos ensued because he did not want to accept the outcome of an election he clearly lost. GEJ was 'strong-armed' to accept defeat.

Just look at your empty skull. So team Buhari conducted free fair and credible election even as under age children voted for him. Hmmmmm reason if Jonathan was to hold onto power he would have shifted the election or bombed where the results were been announced but he didn't.
Don't just come online to say rubbish but clarifying your facts.
The rigging video did they write PDP at the back of the people or was it done in PDP office.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by skillfuldee: 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
lyttmarine:
with her low cut like widow, can she and her husban reach the level of governorship let alone presidency? All she is doing is just jealousy and pain of neglect. Had it been she was being made the minister of finance that means Jonathan is good, greedy and self Centerd woman.
Why are u hating? She's reached d peak of her career. Only God knows if u av a school leaving certificate. MU squared. May the good Lord forgive ur ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Sagamite(m): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henrypraise41:
He is still a hero if i may chip in, do you think that running a big country like nigeria is a child's play? There are some forces both spiritual & physical that you hardly resist. He tried his best and paved way for another person steer ship you said he wasnt a hero, had it been he refused to accept defeat nigeria could have been in a chaos by then may be you will be in outside nigeria telling the whole world another different thing.

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Spiritual ko, Alcoholic ni.

Tried his best my arsse!

You are so grateful someone soundly trashed decided to agree he lost, ffuktard.

That is how they say a politician is a God because "at least he did some work even though he looted".

The corrupt leaders have starved sense out of your likes head.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by charlyge(m): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
GEJ my herooooooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by jumobi1(m): 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
I see what she is saying but how many Africans conceed after defeat. He has set a heroic example.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
Had Buhari lost this election,we would have still been counting dead bodies in the north and SW
Truth be told

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by vislabraye(m): 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
symbianDON:

and what is heroic about accepting defeat? Nigerians have so soon forgotten all the antics Jonathan and his cohorts played in the name of politics! never in the history of the country had politics been so played in a dirty manner as Jonathan played his. so much mud slinging and misinformation all in a bid to win the elections at all cost. Jonathan never paved any way for anyone to win except himself. if he had his way he would gladly have loved to cling unto power. him and his garrulous wife.

If he wanted to remain, he would have removed Jega and rigged the election. He might win by a slim margin, but win is win....

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by toobby(m): 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
Pls who Is this?
Is she a Nigerian
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by yesir: 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL...
I laf u. so, y hv finally edited ur signature..... GEJ 2019. From here wat next after all ur insult on people..... Shame!
Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by Jman06(m): 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
symbianDON:

If he had not accepted defeat, Nigeria would have been on fire by now. Ask Ivorians how it was during Gbagbo's time!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili by nortcentrallord(m): 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my role MODEL...

What do you expect from her? She is seeking federal appointment already. Hahahaha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Peter Obi Wins Bola Tinubu's LG, Ikeja LGA / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled / Peter Obi Rejects Presidential Results In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.