Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (143910 Views)

How Many Boyfriends Can A Girl Have?? / How Much Does An Average Nigerian Girl Have In Her Accounts? / How Many Boyfriends Can A Nigerian Girl Have? - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by Lea1989(f): 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2009
Well in my opinion I really don't think its too much about the age, though I don't think someone younger than 18 should be dating. Boys that are friends is no problem, but like someone said a few months back, with most (not all) relationships there comes that sexual need that of course its normal because of hormones and all. But at a teen age those hormones are jumping back and forth, up and down, round and round. Lol, so sometimes things do get out of hand. Between the ages of 13-17 they should be focused on school and worry about "relationships" later on in life. At age 18 some people (again not all) lol, are more mature and are ready for the responsibilities and for the commitment a relationship needs. That's when "age doesn't really matter" come in because a lot of people aren't ready for the things that a relationship needs to be one, as in: Trust, loyalty & love.

Anyway, im only 20 years old.

That's just my opinion.
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by elvismike(m): 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2009
B4 u talk about when u shld have a b/f, u shld firt consider:

1. When u are ready for a heart break,

2. When u are ready for pregnancy.

when u are able to answer these personal questions, then u are ready to have a boyfriend. its personal.
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by Lea1989(f): 7:01pm On Dec 16, 2009
Exactly grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by rapstar: 11:07am On Jun 15, 2010
Immediately she was born.
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by mabforever: 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2010
[size=8pt]my dad says until i finish school but my mom i think she said until im 16. do u think my parents r rite by this smiley grin[/size]
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by mabforever: 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][/size][/size][size=8pt]my dad says until i finish school but my mom i think she said until im 16. do u think my parents r rite by this smiley grin[/size]
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by arjline06: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2010
Based on my experienced, I've got a boyfriend when I am only in elementary. I don't know if my boyfriend's parents and my parents only glad to tease us before. We know that our parents know that we are attracted to each other but its like, that it is only okay to them. But I know they have nothing to worry about that because at our age, all we know at that time is to play and have fun. They became strict to me when I am already in high school. 18 years above is the appropriate age for a very serious relationship.
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2010
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by obadammy(m): 8:28am On Sep 29, 2010
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by dtcats: 4:17am On Nov 14, 2010
i would think that 14 is a good age because for some it's their first year of high school and i feel that by the time there in 8th or 9th grade they should be old enough to handle heartbrake and there relationships with guys. smiley
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by kate23133(f): 4:50pm On Dec 27, 2010
i am 13, and was quite offended by the comment that says 13 year olds know nothing. i have never had a boyfriend, but most of my friends have (several, in many cases).

but, many people have also said if you are too young be prepared for heart break, and, in many cases, my friends were fine after they split up.

i think the right age for a boyfriend is 13. the reason i think this is because you need to experiment and 16 or 18 is way too old to have a first boyfriend.

also, just because someone has a boyfriend, it doesnt mean they are going off and having sex with them.

hope this helped!!!!  cheesy
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by NONA20(f): 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2011
at least 16-18 bt it shld be 18.
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by Omolola1(f): 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2011
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by deasy(m): 9:29pm On May 15, 2011
Hi,i prefer when she is in are 3rd year in higher institution
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by YoruIgbo(m): 5:58am On May 16, 2011
You can start having boyfriend at any time grin cheesy but if you mean boyfriend that will include getting naked and having sex, well make I think hmmmmm You can start when you and your boyfriend know both of you can afford condom or even papaself when una go fit pay for hotel or chalet because I know in Nigeria it's not allowed to sleep with a man in your father's crib. However, if it is just a boy that you will exchanging novel with, I started mine in primary 6 age 11 and then I never begin produce 'miliki' so no harm!!
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by Nobody: 6:28am On May 16, 2011
21 angry angry
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by hunkyjohn(m): 7:04am On May 16, 2011
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by deasy(m): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2011
20/21 is okay
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by Rebecca659: 3:47am On Aug 12, 2011
Wow I have a boyfriend and I'm only 10
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by cutestuff: 2:07am On Nov 20, 2011
i think that you should date when you feel like you are about to burst and just say "will you go out with me!" smiley
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by cutestuff: 2:09am On Nov 20, 2011
yeah i think that the age that you should start having a boyfriend is DEFINETLY 10

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by djunit1(m): 3:31am On Nov 20, 2011
A girl can have a BF anytime she wants. I would not oppose my daughter (when I have one) not to have a BF at age 12 as long as sex is not involved!!!! If sex is involved I will know as an old time player!!!!
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by lizzibetha(f): 8:48am On Nov 21, 2011
A gurl can have a bf at the age of 16 with no level of intimacy so that wen she gets old enough to be in a serious relationship she will knw how to go about the whole dating issue
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by richy5(m): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2011
5years old but no sex till 10years old.
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by moore0501: 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2012
i had my 1st boyfriend when i was 8 kiss
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by moore0501: 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2012
@richy:
5years old but no sex till 10years old.

what r u crazy, that should be illegal

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by toygod2: 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by KiaraToro: 4:21am On Feb 07, 2013
Hi I'm kiara and I hope this is helpful grin. I'm a fifth grader and I'm 11. There are people in my grade dating. Alot are 10 and 11 year old. And I'm not saying having a crush is bad. I have a friend named corina and she has done somethings not even 70 year old havent done. And i would say mybe 9th grade and 15 year old. So please take my advice and watch out who your daughter is hanging out with because sometimes they ask and do things under pressure. Have a nice day or evening kiss bye
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by wahihi(m): 3:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
Well to me 19 years is okay.
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by yusufcarez: 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2013
*thinking*
32's ok.
Re: At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? by cherryurch(f): 11:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
If its left 4 d parents 2 say,my mum wont let me until am 25 or more

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Female Painter's Methods Of Advertising Got Her Blasted By Nigerians / Man Shares After Sex Photo With Girlfriend On Facebook.see Reactions(pics / the beauty of nairaland women (reloaded)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.