Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). (42599 Views)

Kunle Afolayan On Vacation In London With His Daughters(photos) / Kunle Afolayan And Omotola Jalade Chilling In LA / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Instagram Followers Trying To Correct Him For Taking Shish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by hugafella(m): 10:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
the big Ibo question. What do we do to these Ibos? kill them all? nah! drive them away? not possible! seems they're here in Lagos to stay oo! I guess Yorubas love to hate ibos, but it seems they're going nowhere anytime soon. so it's best Yorubas learn to love them. just get used to them. I foresee them as a major force for the good of the Yorubas in future.

3 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by REALODUA: 10:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
Adiwana:
Maybe its time some couple of this issues of tribe affiliated problems are addressed...so far as am concerned,every single tribe in this country makes up Nigeria..that some people came to your land to make a living doesnt mean others are bad
why dont some fools who are tribalists call their family members around the globe to come back and develop Nigeria&make it a place where the whites come to make a living.its either you deal with them being in your land or you shut the Bleep UP!!!!
when you live abroad you respect their custom and tradition Igbo don't do that, they think they r wiser than their host.

3 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by illiad: 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
AJORE:

Don't conclude dat way.....put urself in d same shoe...his saying the truth even igbo ppl sself dey complain..is everybody
So na igbo people you dey see Wey dey sell new yoruba movies for oshodi for 100naira ? Anybody Wey use the term igbo negatively will die in the lagoon. Amen.

10 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by royalguest: 11:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
I just de waka pass jejely wen I saw ANAMBRA11's comment, I can't help but say this "Nna Chukwu gozie ur entire Generation". Dazall...

10 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by erico2k2(m): 11:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
siegfried99:
I have no words for the foolish fools spewing thrash at afolayan

How would u feel spending millions of dollars to make movies and some animals would be somewhere pirating ur work?

Put urself in his shoes.

Though I would have suggested he removed mentioning tribe to avoid tribalism.
Ok bro check this thinking out of the Box, how will it make you or him feel when his own Yoruba brothers are the same ones buying these copies,even his next door neighbors, what does that make them?this is why he should have refrained from tribe calling, its all people not just one tribe,the igbo in this context.

4 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Menace2Society(m): 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
Igbos sabi pirate no be small cry they got strong cabals inside Alabi!I blamed the dummy government undecided
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by erico2k2(m): 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
illiad:

So na igbo people you dey see Wey dey sell new yoruba movies for oshodi for 100naira ? Anybody Wey use the term igbo negatively will die in the lagoon. Amen.
hahah guy you be the OBA? grin grin grin grin
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by nerodenero: 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
At times, assumption could be suicidal. I'm not Igbo.
themodernman:

You must be an Igbo man for you not to know who d Yorubas prefer....its d Hausas ofcourse dats wby we've been ruling y'all since time immeorial cos nobody likes

y'all Igbos...not even yourselves!!!!
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by erico2k2(m): 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
Menace2Society:
Igbos sabi pirate no be small cry they got strong cabals inside Alabi!I blamed the dummy government undecided
GUy nah lie, try the chinease, world wide dem be number one from US to UK
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
Rilamaka:
Piracy is a big problem for the Nigerian movie industry and we all agree. However Kunle Afolayan, a celebrated film maker has gone on his social media page to vent his frustration as per movie piracy associating it with the Igbos.

As a role model and a well respected filmmaker I found his tweets quite disconcerting. Was it wise to go about piracy in this manner? Blaming the Igbos? Does it mean that Igbos do not pay to watch his movies in cinema? Does that not depict shallow mindedness and bigotry?

Here are his disturbing tweets and some replies. What do you think? Are there better ways to tackle this issue? Did he cross the line?
he meant God strike the pirates,not igbo. its a fact that 95percent of the pirates are igbos.
why do nigerians like twisting facts with misleading titles?

I support the aggrieved producer. May God strike and kill all wicked people instantly, and hear the cry of the oppressed.

5 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by AJORE(m): 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
Jaycool18:
nd yet, all this people cursing d igbos have already bought d pirated version
U get mouth..
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Adiwana: 11:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
First of all to address his mad man rant
1)how many Nigerians have ever bought a music CD or music from itunes-all Nigerians download from internet for free..both yoruba&igbos
2)how many Nigerians go to cinemas to watch nollywood movies-very small..at times i wonder with movie premeirs whether its only the actors and actresses who go to their own movie premier.
Am so dissappointed..am igbo,a very big fan of this idiot&i searched for his movie 'october1' to buy on konga and jumia but couldnt buy it..not buying that shit anymore

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by theenii: 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=floragregs post=32421887]He didn't have to mention any tribe! We don't go about talking about how dirty they are, do we? [/quote But Aba is the dirtiest town in the country,that makes the ibos the dirtiest aswell

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
I pray igbos will be able to survive this @c administration as missiles are coming from front,back,right and centre. Kunle afolayan why havnt you done this since? Ok this is a more condusive atmosphere.., I wish you igbos the courage to overcome,as you have found yourself in the lion's den.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by soldierdollar(m): 11:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
igbsam:
Like seriously ?

Igbos are really pissing people off this days.

When you're tired of Igbos, you can go and die
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Justfollowit:
One fact that I know is that Kunle Afolayan is not a tribalist. Anyone who has seen all his movies would know that he has never been one.
Then you should try meeting him in real life

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by tohero(m): 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
I feel his pain.

Go to Alaba, you will see lot of 10 in 1 yoruba films. Not to be bias, I haven't personally see any English film which is 2 in 1 talk less of more than that.

It hurts when you show power in someone else land, oppress someone in his own land.

That is why you will see yoruba films with half of the time used for adverts! That seems to be their source of income and not (when) selling the disc.

May God Crown Our Efforts!

5 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by berryBee(f): 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
This kunle producer shouldn't have mentioned a particular tribe..This one Nigeria thing is not working..so the Yorubas withdrew their support from Jimi becos the igbos like him...forgetting that jimi is still their Yoruba brother..
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by CashdownNG: 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
angelTI:

Though I am a full blooded Yoruba lady but this statement is epic! grin grin grin

bigotry and hate..a nice CV to hell.. grin
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Jaycool18(m): 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

I'm sure you know you're joking....dream on!

Na since 1976 una wan separate oh...you still never do am

We go fuucck una tire cheesy
uhmm... It's 67 Bro... do u know what is being planned? do u know d entire niger Delta r planning to fight with d igbos dis time? I guess u dnt
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Sweetyie(f): 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
fire u and ur career first

waiting oh

mtcheww. its already happening

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by dahmie2013: 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
Whts with d attack on our igbo ppl. Oba did his, now its kunle afolyan. It is well o! Or is ahmadioha annoyed with u ppl?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
idprincess:
Then you should try meeting him in real life

Is a tribalist? Is a man who has unfailingly used as much SS and SE cast as SW cast a tribalist?

What about your own experiences since you are in the same business with him
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by berryBee(f): 11:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
theenii:
He didn't have to mention any tribe! We don't go about talking about how dirty they are, do we? [/quote But Aba is the dirtiest town in the country,that makes the ibos the dirtiest aswell 

Noo..it means that their governor is underperforming..they have one of d worst governors in Nigeria..but that does not justify her statement
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
soldierdollar:

Shut up. But anyone who reads his tweets will know he's a saint

Hi!
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Amucha: 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=silverdam post=32421265]Honestly speaking, Kunle Afolayan is saying the truth and the fact. Even the igbos know this, we all see them, that's their business, piracy business. God heal our land..

Later, you will hear the igbos shouting and screaming they own nollywood, they are the creator of nollywood, they dominate nollywood, yet they are the one killing the same nollywood with high volume of PIRACY.

I love the igbos but they've caused so many troubles, I'm not a tribalist or a bigot but let's face reality, igbos are industrious but they just don't get it. I don't understand them, especially the ones that are not born in Lagos.

Please don't quote me... Just read and break a leg.

Meanwhile vote Ambode for continuity, its not Oba we are voting for. Ambode ni[/quote

Yoruba's like cheap things and prefer pirated copies to originals. Most people involved in piracy are Yoruba, if you doubt me take statistics. The boy on the street selling the CDs is not the person that pirated the CDs ,he is just hustling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Timi Dakolo Wants Another Son, Informs Wife Through Birthday Cake / Davido And Son, Ifeanyi Adeleke In New Lovely Pictures / Naira Marley: Oracle Invoked On Ruggedman By Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.