Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' (52072 Views)

Breaking: Igbo Traders Condemn Biafra Protests/nnamdi Kanu In Strongest Terms / Twitter Outburst As Patience Jonathan Fails To Show Up At The Inauguration / Olisa Metuh Reacts To Orubebe’s Anti-Jega Outburst At Collation Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by talk2xp: 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
CR77:
The Oba lack common sense

Jimi Agbaje is the best candidate 4 this job

loving Jimi Agbaje
. U again? U ve always been a loser.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by fphilip(m): 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lagos PDP and the Oba of Lagos are just using Igbo's people head.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
PassingShot:
This should lay the issue to rest except there are other motives therein for our Igbo brothers.

Stop the ganging up and vote according to your conscience. Stop campaigning as a block against APC/Ambode so that wherever the pendulum swings, you're not seen as against anyone.

Ambode has a better chance than JK whether you gang up or not and APC ruling Lagos is more beneficial than PDP especially this time around that the central government is APC.

you have said it in no meaner terms IGBOS are not relevant in Lagos Politics.. what is the percentage of political inclusion. Igbo's have not up to 5 in a possible 200 positions of governance in Lagos and APC thins that is enough for a group that contributes far more than the indigent population.
jk or ambo ibos are still on their own. useful tools for politics
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by femmysin(m): 11:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]

All of a sudden some ibo guys are saying,
APC dislikes ibos just like the Oba&they will vote
JK(PDP). Can't we think before we talk?
Last time i checked Ben Akabueze(ibo man) has been a
commissioner in Lagos for like forever, Joe igbokwe (ibo man) is the spokesperson of APC in Lagos and you say
APC hates ibos?..biko talk another thing... cos the Oba we re even talking bout is not a card carrying member of d APC why all dis Orubebe rant sef.. mtcheeew
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by femmysin(m): 11:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
The facts still remains that yorubas are more accommodating than some other tribes, at least during and after the civil war there was nothing like abandoned property in lagos, there is in some part of nigeria. My uncle has been living port Harcourt for almost 20 years now and I know how difficult it is for him to get C of O in rivers state but it is not like that in Lagos. If we claim that we are one Nigerian it should not be so difficult to get C of O in any part of nigeria as a Nigerian, I am not supporting the action of the king but what ibos has enjoyed in lagos politically Yoruba have not enjoy ten percent of it in the east. So pls traditions should be respected.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 08, 2015
Brothers, you should learn now. Putting all your eggs in one basket would hurt you in the end.

That's why we won't have any Ibo in the top 5 positions in this next government.

This polarisation will end up giving the bloc votes of the igbos to Jimi, and the yorubas who supported him before but sense sabotage will now align under ambode as they won't like the idea of only 'foreigners' deciding their next governor.

Eventually ambode wins as ibos can never be more than yorubas in lagos, don't be disillusioned. When ambode wins, there will be fear of victimisation and revenge on the ibos side, just like those who have vilified buhari are afraid of now.

Be wise. Jimi will never favour another tribe at the peril of his own. He knows the consequence.

Vote only your conscience, we are all pawns to both parties; only dat we have seen apc work in lagos that's why we prefer them.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Akanbee2015: 1:03am On Apr 08, 2015
CR77:
The Oba lack common sense

Jimi Agbaje is the best candidate 4 this job

loving Jimi Agbaje

Even if the King is going insane, a slave has no right to spread the News. I doubt you have the audacity to speak the way you just did.

Watch it.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Akanbee2015: 1:15am On Apr 08, 2015
kanyebaba:
Brothers, you should learn now. Putting all your eggs in one basket would hurt you in the end.

That's why we won't have any Ibo in the top 5 positions in this next government.

This polarisation will end up giving the bloc votes of the igbos to Jimi, and the yorubas who supported him before but sense sabotage will now align under ambode as they won't like the idea of only 'foreigners' deciding their next governor.

Eventually ambode wins as ibos can never be more than yorubas in lagos, don't be disillusioned. When ambode wins, there will be fear of victimisation and revenge on the ibos side, just like those who have vilified buhari are afraid of now.

Be wise. Jimi will never favour another tribe at the peril of his own. He knows the consequence.

Vote only your conscience, we are all pawns to both parties; only dat we have seen apc work in lagos that's why we prefer them.

You have spoken well, only that my Igbo people love being rebellious. Have that ever favored them in the Political history of this country? No way! But with the way they are, if they can do it to one of their Icons, Ngige, who will they not try to do it to? I can only hope we Yorubas can speak in one voice and make Jimi Agbaje loose woefully, just the way they were able to deny their brother a sure seat at the Senate. Yoruba, ronu. Te e soju e fun Ambode! A+ ni o!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by abdall264: 2:23am On Apr 08, 2015
Really, Lagos is no man's land? I laugh.
Igbo claiming lagos cheesy jokers.
Please refer to the name on your birth certificate and you will know where thou come from.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by ceejay4real(m): 3:35am On Apr 08, 2015
My dearly beloved Igbo brothers pls hands off Lagos politics and concentrate on your business. This kind of busy body and domineering spirit was what the Hausas in Jos displayed that turned that city into a living hell! Pls let's not trigger off a war of tribal dominance & supremacy in Lagos. The effects wud be too catastrophic for our dear country. If you must vote pls don't campaign against any of the candidates. That wud amount to unnecessary bad blood btw us and our Yoruba brothers. The consequences would surely leave a bad taste in the mouth of everybody.

Meanwhile;

Sai Buhari!

#Vote4change

Ambode 2015!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Legalaffairs(m): 1:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
tbaba1234:
Fellow Lagosians,

*I received the news of Oba Akiolu's alleged outbursts and veiled threats against the igbos with great consternation, I condemn the high-handedness of the Oba in the STRONGEST terms..

* Lagos is a microcosm of Nigeria and the Igbos remain a crucial partner in its development..

*Akiolu's statement doesn't in anyway reflect the thinking in the APC or its govt that have given igbos a fair deal..

* Are you aware that Lagos APC spokesman, Joe Igbokwe is Igbo? Are you aware that the Commissioner of Economic Planning &Budget, Ben Akabueze is igbo? Amongst others..

* Ambode and Agbaje are both Yorubas.. Administrative acumen, cognate experience, financial wizardry should be the KEY parameters with which they should be assessed..

*AMBODE stands tall in all and far above Agbaje whose only speciality is in dispensing drugs!..Lagos is not an hospital or a pharmacy!

[s]* Let's vote for SYNERGY with the Federal Govt for once to speed up development in Lagos..If we love FASHOLA, then we will TRUST his judgement![/s]

* ‪#‎VoteAmbode4Governor‬ ‪#‎VoteAPC4BetterLagos‬ ..Lets continue with the excellence in governance!

https://www.facebook.com/support4ambode/posts/1045412692152827?fref=nf&pnref=story

LETS SEE THE REACTIONS OF THE TWO MENTIONED. DID THEY COMMEND OR CONDEMN THE HATE SPEECH OF THE OBA?
DO THEY ACTUALLY REPRESENT/PROTECT THE INTEREST OF THE IGBOS [s]AS TO REFER TO THEIR APPOINTMENTS AS A FAIR DEAL[/s] OR ARE THEY SELF SERVING LIKE THE SO CALLED "IGBO CHIEFS" THAT VISITED THE OBA. THE SELF DECORATED CHIEFS COULD NOT MUSTER COURAGE TO TELL OBA ON HIS FACE TO WITHDRAW THE THREAT.

IF THEY ARE CHIEFS THIEVES THEY WOULD KNOW THE SPIRITUAL IMPLICATIONS OF PRAYERS WITH KOLA NUT OR PRAYERS MADE IN THE COURSE OF LIBATION. IN IGBO LAND SUCH PRAYERS ARE NOT TAKING FOR GRANTED BECAUSE YOU ARE TALKING TO THE LIVING AND THE DEAD.

OBA HAS SENT THE MESSAGE AND ITS WELL RECEIVED.

EVERY OTHER CONDEMNATION FROM ANY OTHER QUARTERS EXCEPT THE OBA'S PALACE IS AKIN TO A PALACE STEWARDS ORAL WITHDRAWAL OF AN OFFICIAL SEALED THREAT LETTER SENT BY A KING.

THE OBAS REFUSAL TO WITHDRAW THE HATE SPEECH AND APOLOGIZE TO THE IGBOS SENT MORE WORRISOME SIGNAL THAN THE SPEECH ITSELF.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by akubudejud(m): 2:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS PICTURES!

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
Cholls:
my brother there is an adage that says 'o ma n gba iya baba lara omo'

I am female. Kindly translate pls! smiley
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Cholls(m): 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

my sister but being a female has nothing to do with that na...
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
Cholls:
my sister but being a female has nothing to do with that na...

#Sigh, You initially alluded to the fact that I was a guy. Called me "bros"
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Cholls(m): 3:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

#Sigh, You initially alluded to the fact that I was a guy. Called me "bros"
my sister ok i got your drift. I love you no matter what.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by KillaBeans(m): 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

so this girl is still a nairalander
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
KillaBeans:
so this girl is still a nairalander

So this boy is still a "killa"? angry
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by KillaBeans(m): 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

So this boy is still a "killa"? angry
lolzz....not really a killa but a killabeans........pls eat me
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by propertylisting: 9:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dragonking:

watch the video very well, you will notice that they didn't clap after he made that threat at the end. however, I hope tinubu or fashola does something quick to soothe this tension the oba caused because jimi will definitely use this for his advantage. I really wanted to vote for ambode but this oba has provoked me to change my mind. it is not about emotions but about respect. He should learn to respect everybody in his community.

I am not yoruba but was born, bred and read in Lagos. This is my abode and this is where I live with my family.

My take on this whole drama, let us make peace with every of our neighbors. Don't vote based on emotion. As for me I will vote Apc becos we need Federal support in Lagos how are we sure jimi will deliver all his promises.

Igbos should seek for peace and prosperity and not to make themselves scape goat for politicians anmd partisians

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jermaine Jackson Visits Bola Tinubu / Charly Boy Pictured With Nnamdi Kanu And Other Defendants At FHC, Abuja / Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.