Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,278 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? (35427 Views)

Goodnews From The City Of Nnewi And It's Metropolitan Towns! / Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? / Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by PointB: 12:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
PentiumPro:
Instead of showing us something to contradict the OP, they are busy with emotional verbiage and insults.
Kontinu, we have thick skin against Igbo insults. grin

I have land to sell at Owerri, along Owerri - Onitsha road. It's just 1.8 million for a plot? You go buy, let me link you up!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by PentiumPro(f): 12:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
PointB:

I have land to sell at Owerri, along Owerri - Onitsha road. It's just 1.8 million for a plot? You go buy, let me link you up!
No sir! Thanks but no thanks, I will rather buy Access Bank shares selling at a discounted value of 6.9k grin
The likely dividend pay out and bonus issues value will have better ROI than any piece of land in Igbo land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by kaybams1(m): 12:33pm On Apr 08, 2015

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by PointB: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
PentiumPro:

No sir! Thanks but no thanks, I will rather buy Access Bank shares selling at a discounted value of 6.9k grin
The likely dividend pay out and bonus issues value will have better ROI than any piece of land in Igbo land.

So why are you complaining about owning land in Igboland. If you can't afford it, stop whining! By the way, what the big deal about 'Access Bank' shares. In fact what's the big deal about bank shares?

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Odunharry(m): 12:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
hate is written all over the thread..

smh
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by PentiumPro(f): 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
PointB:

So why are you complaining about owning land in Igboland. If you can't afford it, stop whining! By the way, what the big deal about 'Access Bank' shares. In fact what's the big deal about bank shares?

Sorry, it's way above your station.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by kaybams1(m): 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
oikechukwu:

As I said and I'll say again, stay the f2k away. Igbo land is not for LAZY LOTS. We already have some of your people we have to deal with constantly thinking igboland is like their SW where laziness is tolerated and experience expecting the government to take care of then like overgrown babies.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by hansad: 12:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
whatup11:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBfzXqVfCnE

With scenes like this, you wonder why people still foolishly believe that One Nigeria can survive any longer than expected.

The rush for crude oil in the N/Delta is doing a huge miracle of keeping Nigeria one so far.

These northern youths wish Jonathan be sacked, only for Buhari to come from far north (Daura) to control receipts from crude oil in Jonathan's backyard.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by PointB: 1:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
PentiumPro:

Sorry, it's way above your station.

hehehehe, salivating over penny stocks is your station, right? Carry on, I prefer to roll with the blue chips! tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by ABEngine(m): 1:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
bsolo1:

oil 4rm which imo and abia..and wen did delta n rivers bcom eastern states

This mumu wan claim oil...

Beer parlour rant, my friend if you don't know a thing you ignore, dont come displaying your ignorance in public glare. Meanwhile its too early to be found in a pub

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
Odunharry:
hate is written all over the thread..

smh
May God help us.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by ABEngine(m): 1:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
PentiumPro:
Why is it that all Igbo towns are mostly made up of indigenous Igbos
People will rather go to Calabar, Port Harcourt or Uyo than to stop at Onitsha which is closer.
Is it that Igbos are not friendly or there are not enough opportunities outside buying and selling in these igbo towns and cities.

Take your misinformed self back to school jawe, stop exhibiting acute ignorance on here I think you are bit too old for that, dont you think?
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by kinibigdeal(m): 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
There are some questions you need to forward to google sad
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Horllamideh(m): 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
bakynes:
I understand the igbos, they are just trying to defend their tribe but you Igbos shd not live in self-denial it is true you guys are the least accommodating tribe in Nigeria. It is something you pple she be ashamed of and work on it. You barely find other tribes in the Igboland it's a fact from someone who has travelled to Anambra and Imo state. SS is more accommodating than you guys. For those saying igbos are not in other parts of SW am sure you are living in the SE go to Ota and see many igbo shops, go to Dugbe in Ibadan and see Igbo shops.
igbos in Ogbomosho are more than 5000 sef....D town one morraphucker called bush town
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by ABEngine(m): 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
kaybams1:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!. See this oponu. You claim your pathetic and parasitic tribe is hardworking and successful yet the aggregate Poverty rates in the SE states is more than SW (even if you exclude Lagos). I can help your illiterate a*s get a NBS statistical bulletin 2013 (that is if your empty skull can comprehend numbers).

This cow thinks is by selling spare parts and electronics that makes you successful and hardworking. The greatest asset of an average Yoruba man is his brain. We don't work Hard, we work Smart. That's why we are always one step ahead where it matters most. Get over it!.

And I see your folks are smart working, just keep window shopping for common sense until you fully recognize you will actually need one. Sit back relax and watch things unfold, the most you can do is mutter in silence at best, curse and swear under your breathe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by shizzleStar: 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
gmyguy:
what is this one saying...please...don't come and generalise here...i'm not tribalisitic.

RACISM & TRIBALISM & XENOPHOBIA are excuses people make to justify their inadequacies. Although it exists, but please don't generalise...i didn't say anything derogatory about ibos...and am a yoruba catholic...you can do the maths
Very true! Its always not in my character to make generalizations cos there are always exceptions, and you seem to be one of the very few reasonable and unbiased yoruba minds here on nairaland.

Cheers!
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by ABEngine(m): 2:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
PentiumPro:

Excerpts from this comment betrayed your intents, its needless to say, you hadn't any useful reason for putting up this thread, it could just be the height of boredom or sheer joblessness. I would advice you my young fellow to shun the intolerance and prejudice you have so far portrayed or end up paying rent to an igbo man in your own very local origin. Envy and hatred for this tribe would only culminate your headaches especially when its obvious you can't help the current situation of things.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Odunharry(m): 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
softysparky:

May God help us.
honestly these e warriors don't get tired..don't be surprise some of them are as gentle as dove when you meet them in person

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by PentiumPro(f): 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
ABEngine:

Excerpts from this comment betrayed your intents, its needless to say, you hadn't any useful reason for putting up this thread, it could just be the height of boredom or sheer joblessness. I would advice you my young fellow to shun the intolerance and prejudice you have so far portrayed or end up paying rent to an igbo man in your own very local origin. Envy and hatred for this tribe would only culminate your headaches especially when its obvious you can't help the current situation of things.
Empty rants of an igbo silver back.
You don't know me I don't know you why jumping into vainglorious conclusion ? Pathetic !
One thing I've noticed is when you hit Igbos, they become insulting and rants aimlessly

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by stanech: 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
You guys want one Nigeria but claim you hate Igbos why not. give them Biafra and cut them off what are you afraid of?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
ITS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR CULTURE OR THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHER ETHNIC GROUPS.
PEOPLE MIGRATE OUTSIDE THEIR COMMUNITIES TO PLACES WHERE THEY CAN SECURE THEIR LIVEHOLD, DO BUSINESS OR FOR HIGHER EDUCATION. SOME OF THESE PLACES INCLUDE ABUJA, LAGOS, PORT HARCOURT, KADUNA ETC.
THESE ALL HAVE STRONG FEDERAL PRESENCE - PORTS, REFINERIES, FEDERAL SECRETARIAT, MILITARY INSTITUTIONS, UNIVERSITIES, PRIVATE COMPANIES (COCA COLA, NIGERIA BREWERIES, UAC) ETC.
THESE FEDERAL PRESENCE ARE COMPLETELY ABSENT IN THE SOUTH EASTERN STATE OF NIGERIA WITH NOTHING TO ATTRACT THE HUGH CROWD OF MIGRANTS - JOB SEEKERS, INVESTORS ETC.
SO IN A NUTSHELL, THE IBOS HAVE BEEN SIDELINE AND MARGINALISED OVER THE YEARS - NO FEDERAL PRESENCE.
THEY HAVE DONE VERY WELL TO KEEP THEIR ECONOMY RUNNING AND TO PROVIDE THE CURRENT INFRASTRUCTURE ON GROUND.
IT IS NOW LEFT FOR ANY SENSIBLE GOVERMENT TO CORRECT THE WRONGS THAT HAVE BEEN METTED ON THIS INDUSTRIOUS GROUP OF PERSONS OVER THE YEARS.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by PentiumPro(f): 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
PointB:

hehehehe, salivating over penny stocks is your station, right? Carry on, I prefer to roll with the blue chips! tongue
Lmaoo ibo man with blue chip company stock?
Odiegwu! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by estacyresource: 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
Buhari's Ministers list emerge!!!!

Though some candidates have been marked down for definite offices, the selection of those to fill the sought-after “juicy” positions may not be an easy task, as powerful party members and others who gave Buhari support from outside the APC are pushing their......

http://allaboutnews-update..com/2015/04/buharis-ministers-list-new-details.html

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by phiszo(m): 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
shizzleStar:
Whose fault is it that you dont find other tribes there? did any Yoruba man come to live there and the chased him away? You have admitted that you were never maltreated or shown prejudice, so whats your problem?
did i say i had any problem?

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by ABEngine(m): 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
PentiumPro:

Empty rants of an igbo silver back.
You don't know me I don't know you why jumping into vainglorious conclusion ? Pathetic !
One thing I've noticed is when you hit Igbos, they become insulting and rants aimlessly

I fully understand your frustration dear, even high and mighty Asiolu, (while shitting his pants) a few days ago confirmed your fears better keep that rent handy. The word "Igbo" is already a nightmare, imagine a lifetime with them around. grin Cry me the Nile

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by PointB: 2:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
PentiumPro:

Lmaoo ibo man with blue chip company stock?
Odiegwu! grin

Now that's way above your station.

By the way, is that your pix on profile display? wink

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Horllamideh(m): 2:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
Aloralord1:

Igbos dont live in Abeokuta and Ibadan ? You must be deceiving yourself!
Igbos dont live in Ilorin too.....Ode_rinde

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
tonytony208:

The question then is this: what are you still doing here in the southwest despite the fact that it is very dirty? Why haven't you gone back to your "eldorado" in igboland? WWhat is your OSU (outcast) generation still doing in yorubaland? Go to Ilorin, ondo, osogbo, Ibadan and you will see truck loads of your outcast OSU wanderer brothers there. I suspect you guys must descend from Cain. That is why you are wanderers and fugitives. Osu Flaaatheads!!!

dem dey the dey chop dem mugu...maybe dem open office for dia head....
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Chimerase(m): 3:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
Op nawa for u oh
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
this op must be a learner. chinese men get shop for nnewi.
dey sell motorcycle and keke parts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Mbieri Police Station In Imo, Kidnap Policeman, Free Suspects / Nigeria's Sokoto Student Killing Sparks Spread Of Fake News - BBC / Mr Macaroni Threatened For Not Supporting A Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.