Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? (35253 Views)

Goodnews From The City Of Nnewi And It's Metropolitan Towns! / Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? / Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by akins56(m): 7:39am On Apr 08, 2015
cindicandy:
Shut up there are no igbos in core yollobaland like oyo ogun ekiti oshun etc. Those areaa are rural built with mud blocks and you know Igbos do not live in mud houses so those places are inhabitable for the Igbos.

just like peak, your foolish is in you, am sure you inherit it from somebody !, even in villages like gambari near ilorin, your people are still there !

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by phiszo(m): 7:44am On Apr 08, 2015
i'm presently serving in enugu. what the op said is 100% true. i really don't get why some igbo peeps here are still denying this.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by cindicandy(f): 7:49am On Apr 08, 2015
Yollobaland is the cursed one because it was filled with mud houses. That is the real meaning of curse.lol

Besides Igbos are not in yollobaland except lagos

akins56:
There land were cursed, that's why they runs to other part of Nigeria, don't worry, when the ish began, we know where to get them in odua land.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by mrjojo: 7:52am On Apr 08, 2015
oikechukwu:

Stop lying to yourself. There's no house in Igboland land as bad as Yoruba lands.

This is a house in a yoruba so called "city"

Show me one city, not a village, a city. A capital city for that matter with a house like that in clear view.
We even remember an article where your people in Ibadan was complaining of the limited amount of bathroom in that state. A whole kwa yet people have to choose whether or not they want a bathroom in their house. What area in the world do that primitive behavior exist? Even una crazy sister that was deported from Canada and dropped in ogun, complained how you people were sh1ting in front of her house and the streets like mere animals and how she was ready to migrate to Lagos.
Infact, outside of Lagos, SW has the least developed area in the entire southern Nigeria.
Also the amount of igbo in other parts of SW can be counted in one hand. Noone goes to a backwards land. Aside of lagos, SW is 98% yoruba.
I hate commenting on all dis tribalism, but obviously you don't know what you are saying Mr, you said outside of Lagos?? Have you ever been to Akure, even owo, to Ife, to Ilesha to Ogbomoso, to Ibadan, not forgetting, Ikere to oye Ekiti oh, Sango-ota to shagamu. The amount of ibos in this few places is simply enormous, most of them are not even state capitals. So wat are you saying, compared to the number of yorubas in Afikpo or enugu, aba.. It so fucking obvious, you guys are hostile and not accommodating 1 bit.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by cocokiller1(f): 7:53am On Apr 08, 2015
cococandy:
You people are very hateful. God forbid bad thing. If I keep visiting this section I may even turn tribalist too because of the hate all of you are spreading around.

Is it too complex to understand that people migrate to regions which have ports that encourage trade?
Are you all too dumb to not understand what influences migration?
Who am I kidding? How will ignorant mofos like you u deer stand such things. If it doesn't have anything to do with mindless hate,it is too complex for y'all.
What an asinine group of human beings all of you are. low-life and hateful. The bunch of you disgust me beyond words.

And pls desist from rubbing mud on others from your region who do not share your hateful mind sets.
m telling u
nl is shit
too many hateful people around ere

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by christopher123(m): 7:54am On Apr 08, 2015
PentiumPro:
Why is it that all Igbo towns are mostly made up of indigenous Igbos
People will rather go to Calabar, Port Harcourt or Uyo than to stop at Onitsha which is closer.
Is it that Igbos are not friendly or there are not enough opportunities outside buying and selling in these igbo towns and cities.
You must be a Yoruba and one thing is that you people are afraid to venture and who told u port Harcourt ain't igbo town with ijaw zones or u wish it away...uyo is ibibio and cousin to. Igbo

We have hausa qtr in igbo land the only problem is Yoruba is too weak and lazy to venture. out of Gbegiri zone

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Joycomethnow: 7:54am On Apr 08, 2015
Moderator, why do you allow a thread that promote tribal divide? It seems that the younger generation in Nigeria are more tribalistic than our fathers. What is all these Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa in a purported United Nigeria? Young Nigerians place tribe far and above Nationality. This Nairaland is becoming a plateform to showcase tribal hatred.
Please Mod, sanitize this Nairaland before seriouse minded Nigerians lost complete interest in this social media. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 7:54am On Apr 08, 2015
oikechukwu:

Stop lying to yourself. There's no house in Igboland land as bad as Yoruba lands.

This is a house in a yoruba so called "city"

Show me one city, not a village, a city. A capital city for that matter with a house like that in clear view.
We even remember an article where your people in Ibadan was complaining of the limited amount of bathroom in that state. A whole kwa yet people have to choose whether or not they want a bathroom in their house. What area in the world do that primitive behavior exist? Even una crazy sister that was deported from Canada and dropped in ogun, complained how you people were sh1ting in front of her house and the streets like mere animals and how she was ready to migrate to Lagos.
Infact, outside of Lagos, SW has the least developed area in the entire southern Nigeria.
Also the amount of igbo in other parts of SW can be counted in one hand. Noone goes to a backwards land. Aside of lagos, SW is 98% yoruba.

The question then is this: what are you still doing here in the southwest despite the fact that it is very dirty? Why haven't you gone back to your "eldorado" in igboland? WWhat is your OSU (outcast) generation still doing in yorubaland? Go to Ilorin, ondo, osogbo, Ibadan and you will see truck loads of your outcast OSU wanderer brothers there. I suspect you guys must descend from Cain. That is why you are wanderers and fugitives. Osu Flaaatheads!!!

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by PentiumPro(f): 7:55am On Apr 08, 2015
christopher123:

You must be a Yoruba and one thing is that you people are afraid to venture and who told u port Harcourt ain't igbo town with ijaw zones or u wish it away...uyo is ibibio and cousin to. Igbo

We have hausa qtr in igbo land the only problem is Yoruba is too weak and lazy to venture. out of Gbegiri zone
Denial denial denial grin
#teamproudlyNigerian

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 08, 2015
Cholls:
my brothers please forgive what ever my igbo brothers has done and vise versal. This is our trying times, in our struggle to become one pple it is not insurmountable. My brothers in the east hear your brothers in the north and west open your heart and accommodate others. Again knw we are the pillars of this country drop your ego. I love you no matter what
You talk for yourself only... not all Ndigbo ...

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 8:02am On Apr 08, 2015
christopher123:

If your thoughtless self must know, gbegiri is a sweet soup.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 08, 2015
When NO ONE TALKS about U ,that means u are indeed NOBODY...

AM happy to have come from a TRIBE where every STONE that is thrown at us , Is equally used for BUILDING this GREAT TRIBE.

WHO KNOWS what the next TOPIC might be...? ANYWAY, we are USED to them ..

IGBOS who are not at the HELM of AFFAIRS now give the ENTIRE NATION ,EPILEPSY.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by cindicandy(f): 8:04am On Apr 08, 2015
Igbos are not in yollobaland (oyo oshun ekiti ogun)except Lagos which is an FG developed.

mrjojo:
I hate commenting on all dis tribalism, but obviously you don't know what you are saying Mr, you said outside of Lagos?? Have you ever been to Akure, even owo, to Ife, to Ilesha to Ogbomoso, to Ibadan, not forgetting, Ikere to oye Ekiti oh, Sango-ota to shagamu. The amount of ibos in this few places is simply enormous, most of them are not even state capitals. So wat are you saying, compared to the number of yorubas in Afikpo or enugu, aba.. It so fucking obvious, you guys are hostile and not accommodating 1 bit.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by asha80(m): 8:06am On Apr 08, 2015
phiszo:
i'm presently serving in enugu. what the op said is 100% true. i really don't get why some igbo peeps here are still denying this.
the question is has someone threatened you since you have been serving there?how come you see lots of northerners there if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by oikechukwu: 8:06am On Apr 08, 2015
mrjojo:

Until Yoruba actually start bringing out a valid proof to validate them rather than naming street and claiming igbo full there na em we go believe am. I don't need to go to SW and trust me, I don't plan on ever stepping there but I've had several cousins that did their youth services in SW. One is currently in ibadan as we speak and the one complain I get from them all the time is the lack of igbo people there thus, lack of igbo to hang out with. If you know how ethnocentric my family are and yes we are ethnocentric and we are not ashamed of it, you'll know they defiantly searched for them.
Until una actually start providing real FACT, not story, to validate una over what my BLOOD siblings tell me then am going to believe una. Like who wants to suffer in states that's underdeveloped? Are you people smoking garri? Even youth services members are usually inching to GTFOH of there after their sevices yet this ppl trying to tell us superstore of igbos going over there to suffer with them.

You people can barely feed yourself and your government isn't paying your paycheck so why would any igbo trader migrate to any part of SW excluding lagos? Didn't anyone tell you people that traders go where there are potential income. Abeg una tell us another super story. This your story get several K legs.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by dazangel11(f): 8:07am On Apr 08, 2015
I am Igbo and let Mr say that other tribes don't like the igbos even the delta Igbo tribes but my question is why not give them their Biafra ? since you don't like them. and their attitude. let's give them Biafra and see if they are this bad or being hated for no reason at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by AlomoReloaded: 8:08am On Apr 08, 2015
Av been asking myself what Igbos did to you people that you people can't stop talking about us. Are we that awesome? It's obvious that we are the ones that make the highest impact on naija.... if y'all don't like us, y'all should go to the jungles of Tanzania and live with gorillas, or better still stfu!!!! FUCCKK ALL OF YOU,/RAGBUO ONWE UNU!!!!!
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by zendy: 8:10am On Apr 08, 2015
iamrealdeji:

It's true,i've never been to any Igbo land,and I doubt If I know any Yoruba that has ever been there,except one of my father's former worker who once went to Igboland to by blankets to sell

95% of all Yorubas have never been to Igboland. If it were not for NYSC,that number would have been higher. conversely, most Igbos would have visited at least one Yoruba state before the age of 25.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Sibrah: 8:14am On Apr 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Because our region was abandoned by FG

Let's encourage resource control and you will see if other Nigerians wont troop enmass to our great land cool

When is Buhari probing Tinubu and OBJ grin
What resource are u talking about? Is it the few gallons of oil that can be refined as a SS2 chemistry practical you call resource? What u guys have best is human resource/capital. And even at that, u don't have it more than others.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 08, 2015
kayciano:
When NO ONE TALKS about U ,that means u are indeed NOBODY...

AM happy to have come from a TRIBE where every STONE that is thrown at us , Is equally used for BUILDING this GREAT TRIBE.

WHO KNOWS what the next TOPIC might be...? ANYWAY, we are USED to them ..

IGBOS who are not at the HELM of AFFAIRS now give the ENTIRE NATION ,EPILEPSY.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by zendy: 8:16am On Apr 08, 2015
dazangel11:
I am Igbo and let Mr say that other tribes don't like the igbos even the delta Igbo tribes but my question is why not give them their Biafra ? since you don't like them. and their attitude. let's give them Biafra and see if they are this bad or being hated for no reason at all.

They can't give us Biafra for the simple reason that they are scared of what an independent Igbo homeland might be capable of . The Yorubas and Hausas need Igbos in Nigeria like fish needs water.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by BlackTechnology: 8:16am On Apr 08, 2015
Sibrah:
What resouirce are u talking about? Is it the few gallon of oil that can be refined as a SS2 chemistry practical you call resource? What u guys have best is human resource/capital. And even at that, u don't have more than others.

We don't have and yet you guys rejected the move for true federalism.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by oikechukwu: 8:17am On Apr 08, 2015
tonytony208:

The question then is this: what are you still doing here in the southwest despite the fact that it is very dirty? Why haven't you gone back to your "eldorado" in igboland? WWhat is your OSU (outcast) generation still doing in yorubaland? Go to Ilorin, ondo, osogbo, Ibadan and you will see truck loads of your outcast OSU wanderer brothers there. I suspect you guys must descend from Cain. That is why you are wanderers and fugitives. Osu Flaaatheads!!!

Hahaha haha hahaha that's the problem with Yoruba.they think every Igbo is in SW. Now it all makes sense why this people see Igbo in other parts of SW. No wonder they delude themselves and try to falsely claim igbo full SW including non lagos areas and villages. Hahaha haha. E don make sense.

Nwoke una obsession with igbo is beyond creepy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For your information, I don't reside in any SW area. Hahahaha. I won't be surprised if una call air igbo in that Area too. Ha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by oikechukwu: 8:20am On Apr 08, 2015
dazangel11:

Lady don't come here and spread rumors. I'm delta igbo, name one time delta igbo have collectively said we don't like or even argue with SE igbo. Ika ppl does not represent us and una really need to stop using them as a reference to delta igbo. We seriously getting fed up with this baseless accusation all the time. Wetin we do una?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by shizzleStar: 8:20am On Apr 08, 2015
yolobas are the most tribalistic neanderthals on planet earth. The entire South West region with the exception of lagos are perfect definition of what we call shanties and slums. Even lagos itself was mainly developed by non-yorubas particular the Igbos and the proceeds from ND oil.

Igbos see every Nigerian as a fellow country man and feels obliged to travel and mix up, we are adventurous in nature and love to explore, that explains why we travel a lot and are business savvy. Yorubas on the other hand are synonymous to lazy, they think every other place is like yoloba land where they will haunt and kill you with their juju. They barely travel out of their shanties and slums and assume igbo land s undeveloped.

The yolobas as sanusi allude are the problem of this country, only notorious for fleecing others and reaping where they didn't sow.

Useless bunch of primitive, filthy, lazy, homosapiens.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by zendy: 8:21am On Apr 08, 2015
Joycomethnow:
Moderator, why do you allow a thread that promote tribal divide? It seems that the younger generation in Nigeria are more tribalistic than our fathers. What is all these Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa in a purported United Nigeria? Young Nigerians place tribe far and above Nationality. This Nairaland is becoming a plateform to showcase tribal hatred.
Please Mod, sanitize this Nairaland before seriouse minded Nigerians lost complete interest in this social media. I rest my case.

Your problem is that you think Nigeria is united

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by shizzleStar: 8:21am On Apr 08, 2015
Yolobas travel out of your shanties and come and see for yoirself that igbo land is developed far more than your ogbomosho, oshogb and ibadam, even without much federal govt presence.

If not for the infamous decree of the rogue obasanjo in 1974 that handed over most MT coys in the hands of the lazy yolobas, most of you doofus wouldn't be making noise. The igboman is largely independent and doesn't necessarily need government patronage to survive.

Igbos are free hearted, thats why we can trust anyone, same cant be said of yolobas who are always about themselves- highly tribalstic idiotts.

Meet a yoloba girl as an igbo guy and the only reason she wouldn't date is because you are Igbo, meanwhile yolobas keep stampeding themselves to marry an igbo girl. You say igbos are not accommodating yet most of you will kill and empty your life savings to marry their women...lol

Travelling is part of education, but not for the people from the soutwaste who sit down in their slums and try to denigrate a region better than theirs in miles. Only God knows how backward and primitive the entire yolobas towns would have been if not for the cosmopolitan nature of lagos, where they all run to claim

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by shizzleStar: 8:21am On Apr 08, 2015
busy now....
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Sibrah: 8:21am On Apr 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

We don't have and yet you guys rejected the move for true federalism.

how did 'we' reject true federalism? Please be specific.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by jnrbayano(m): 8:25am On Apr 08, 2015
....And the MODs allow this thread to remain standing?

The Op and other tribalistic animals in here really want me to starting hating my Yoruba tailor enjoying life here in Anambra and making great living too.

You touts can never change my educated mindset.

Cc.

Lalasticlala
Seun

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by dazangel11(f): 8:25am On Apr 08, 2015
oikechukwu:

Lady don't come here and spread rumors. I'm delta igbo, name one time delta igbo have collectively said we don't like or even argue with SE igbo. Ika ppl does not represent us and una really need to stop using them as a reference to delta igbo. We seriously getting fed up with this baseless accusation all the time. Wetin we do una?

I HV met a few delta igbos who would rather be called deltans maybe its just those few anyway I don't have a general view of this anyway. but that doesn't change the fact that others hate the igbos but still need them by their side. What are they afraid of?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Osgilliat(m): 8:26am On Apr 08, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Segun Adewole, Igbos do not live in yorubaland. Have you ever seen an Igbo man in muddy Osun forest?. Igbos go to lagos where oil money from eastern states like Imo, Abia, Rivers, Delta was used to develop. Igbos do not live in mud houses. They can't survive in your mud-built yorubaland.

a mud house is better than your palm leaves roof you got in your villages. ibos are cannibals, I remembered when my uncle went to one of their villages he couldnt sleep overnight because of the fear of been eaten. ibos are all over osun state hawking egg row and you are here saying thrash about muddy house in which your brothers are living.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

APC Reacts As Uduaghan Dumps Party For PDP / Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) / Obaseki: Justice Roland Amaize Faults New NYSC Certificate Issued To Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.