Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,113 members, 7,835,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? (35379 Views)

Goodnews From The City Of Nnewi And It's Metropolitan Towns! / Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? / Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by italo: 8:27am On Apr 08, 2015
tonytony208:

Yoruba's are not better than anybody. Nobody is better than nobody. But everybody must be ready to do to others what they want others to d to them. You can't sideline other tribes in your igboland and come to the southwest expecting to be made governors.

1. Provide evidence that any Yoruba person was prevented from vying for Governorship in Igboland.

2. The constitution of the Federal Republic allows a Nigerian of any ethnic group to vie for governorship in any state. Were Yorubas not part of the drafting of the constitution?

3. Lagos was developed with money that belongs to the whole of Nigeria...and Igbos have long been an integral part of the building of the Lagos formal and informal economy. They are largely responsible citizens who go about trying to earn an honest living. When the average uneducated Igbo boy wakes up, he makes his way to market to hussle even though he doesn't have a shop yet. When the average uneducated Yoruba boy wakes up, he...(you know what agberos do throughout the day.

When that Igbo boy makes it in business and buys a piece of land from a Yoruba man, the Yoruba boy comes around and claims to be "Omo onile."

Then when many Igbo people, as a result of hard work, have established in Lagos, people like you, out of envy begin to insult them.

Up till now, you can't mention their crime.

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 08, 2015
phiszo:
i'm presently serving in enugu. what the op said is 100% true. i really don't get why some igbo peeps here are still denying this.

Pls make sure u bring the pictures of their village and let see if there is mud house or not

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by BiafranPrince: 8:28am On Apr 08, 2015
bsolo1:

oil 4rm which imo and abia..and wen did delta n rivers bcom eastern states

This mumu wan claim oil...

It is idiotic people like you that wants to come put separation into the people of nation of Biafra.

Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, Igala, Idoma and Igbos in Benue and Kogi are all Biafran states.

If e pain u, go lock yourself in your mud house and cry

Biafra will be restored soonest!

IPOB worldwide, I hail you all.

My goodness me, Indigenous People Of Biafra - We are formidable, in 88 countries and counting.

All Hail Biafra

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by X21: 8:29am On Apr 08, 2015
phiszo:
i'm presently serving in enugu. what the op said is 100% true. i really don't get why some igbo peeps here are still denying this.

Is any body in Enugu telling you to leave the city. Are you being harrassed because you are not Ibo. can you share your experience.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Emekamex(m): 8:30am On Apr 08, 2015
Yoruba's are also not accomodating, nobody should use Lagos as an example because it is cosmopolitan with almost equal share of tribes in it. Yoruba's are also tribalistic and won't help or aid people from other tribes. They are not adventurous and tend live in their comfort zone, hence they don't travel to other tribes.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by iamrealdeji(m): 8:33am On Apr 08, 2015
zendy:

95% of all Yorubas have never been to Igboland. If it were not for NYSC,that number would have been higher. conversely, most Igbos would have visited at least one Yoruba state before the age of 25.
Exactly,there are Igbos all over here,i've had lots and lots of Igbo friends from my primary school till university days and I still have lots of them as friends till date and will still have them as friends,and almost all my Igbo friends can speak yoruba,some of them can speak yoruba far more than me and there is this nice guy Nnabike,a good friend of mine who used to tell me things I don't even know about my own home town and about the way of leadership in my hometown,its gets to a point I do forget my Igbo friends are not yorubas

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 08, 2015
italo:

1. Provide evidence that any Yoruba person was prevented from vying for Governorship in Igboland.

2. The constitution of the Federal Republic allows a Nigerian of any ethnic group to vie for governorship in any state. Were Yorubas not part of the drafting of the constitution?

3. Lagos was developed with money that belongs to the whole of Nigeria...and Igbos have long been an integral part of the building of the Lagos formal and informal economy. They are largely responsible citizens who go about trying to earn an honest living. When the average uneducated Igbo boy wakes up, he makes his way to market to hussle even though he doesn't have a shop yet. When the average uneducated Yoruba boy wakes up, he...(you know what agberos do throughout the day.

When that Igbo boy makes it in business and buys a piece of land from a Yoruba man, the Yoruba boy comes around and claims to be "Omo onile."

Then when many Igbo people, as a result of hard work, have established in Lagos, people like you, out of envy begin to insult them.

MAY GOD bless U..
MAY your Days never hit the ICEBERG...

AM yet to know the CRIMES of the IGBOS., who never partook in NATIONAL LOOTING..

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 8:34am On Apr 08, 2015
italo:

Stop wining like a faulty ceiling fan here. How many Yoruba's are residing in igboland
? They are very few because you pple are not accommodating. So, any Yoruba that vie for elective position will surely fail because it is in the blood of Igbo's to vote based on ethnic sentiment. Lagos was developed by federal government money especially from cocoa. If you don't want anyone to claim omo onile over your land, then carry your money to alaigbo and go and buy land on your gully erosion there.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by X21: 8:35am On Apr 08, 2015
zendy:

95% of all Yorubas have never been to Igboland. If it were not for NYSC,that number would have been higher. conversely, most Igbos would have visited at least one Yoruba state before the age of 25.

It is all choice. No issues if you choose not to travel to Igbo land.
that does not mean that the place is bad
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by christopher123(m): 8:35am On Apr 08, 2015
oikechukwu:
This is why yoruba scream and cry hostile treatment in igboland. It is because the government refuses to give them free handouts and free lands in the state

Who really wants a community that constantly wants free handout from tax payers money. Even the hausa community never dared it in igboland and they outnumber yoruba there.

Ever wonder apart from yoruba, noone else cries of marginalization in any part of igboland be it SS or SE despite the non indigenous SS and northerners outnumber them there.

We actually grateful you people are not heading g to igboland. The few we ready got are just nuisance demanding free stuff as if your government ever did so for any Igbo in lagos. Abeg don't come. Igboland is not a land for lazy ppl

Seconded nwanne
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by italo: 8:36am On Apr 08, 2015
bakynes:
I understand the igbos, they are just trying to defend their tribe but you Igbos shd not live in self-denial it is true you guys are the least accommodating tribe in Nigeria. It is something you pple she be ashamed of and work on it. You barely find other tribes in the Igboland it's a fact from someone who has travelled to Anambra and Imo state. SS is more accommodating than you guys. For those saying igbos are not in other parts of SW am sure you are living in the SE go to Ota and see many igbo shops, go to Dugbe in Ibadan and see Igbo shops.

That Igbo people are everywhere is because of their doggedness and industry, not because their hosts are friendly.

Igbo people are all over the North even though they have been persecuted and killed for decades...are Northerners friendly?

Have we ever heard of Igbos just waking up and killing anyone, whether in the South east or anywhere?

It's not the Igbos fault that Yorubas are not industrious enough to leave their fathers cubicle.

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by christopher123(m): 8:37am On Apr 08, 2015
tonytony208:

If your thoughtless self must know, gbegiri is a sweet soup.

Stay there and eat it then stop complaining
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 8:37am On Apr 08, 2015
kayciano:

MAY GOD bless U..
MAY your Days never hit the ICEBERG...

AM yet to know the CRIMES of the IGBOS., who never partook in NATIONAL LOOTING..

Oduah is Igbo. She partook in the national looting. Deziani madueke is an Igbo; she patoook in the national looting. Okadigbo was igbo: he partook in the national looting. You must have just risen from a coma not to know these things. Or did you follow Gulliver on his travel and just came back to the shores of Nigeria yesterday?

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by dazangel11(f): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2015
zendy:

They can't give us Biafra for the simple reason that they are scared of what an independent Igbo homeland might be capable of . The Yorubas and Hausas need Igbos in Nigeria like fish needs water.

Makes a lot of sense. when you hate something or someone you avoid them

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by phiszo(m): 8:42am On Apr 08, 2015
asha80:
the question is has someone threatened you since you have been serving there?how come you see lots of northerners there if I may ask?
no threats bro. it's a nice place. it's only that other tribes are so few here. almost every one here is igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 8:43am On Apr 08, 2015
christopher123:

Stay there and eat it then stop complaining

Yeah, am staying here and eating it and enjoying it too. I am not running around like a fugitive and aimless wanderer from OSU generation. I love it in my father's land. My own people don't label me as an outcast (OSU). So, why should I run around like fugitive when I don't descend from the biblical Cain? But you, can you say that about yourself? Never. You are an OSU by birth and you descend from Cain. So, you must wander around like a fugitive.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Sibrah: 8:43am On Apr 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:

We don't have and yet you guys rejected the move for true federalism.

When is Buhari probing Tinubu and OBJ grin
OBJ regime witnessed low oil income compared to GEJ's own and yet left far more money behind for the incoming govt. I think buhari needs to probe GEJ and his crew more.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by christopher123(m): 8:44am On Apr 08, 2015
PentiumPro:

Denial denial denial grin
#teamproudlyNigerian

Suit yourself ..is it not Yoruba that said they won't rent house for omo ibo
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 08, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Segun Adewole, Igbos do not live in yorubaland. Have you ever seen an Igbo man in muddy Osun forest?. Igbos go to lagos where oil money from eastern states like Imo, Abia, Rivers, Delta was used to develop. Igbos do not live in mud houses. They can't survive in your mud-built yorubaland.
Igbos dont live in Abeokuta and Ibadan ? You must be deceiving yourself!

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by asha80(m): 8:46am On Apr 08, 2015
phiszo:

no threats bro. it's a nice place. it's only that other tribes are so few here. almost every one here is igbo.
which now begs the question..where does the non tolerance come in?is it the igboman's fault that people of other ethnics don't come there since you admit it is a nice place?

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by phiszo(m): 8:47am On Apr 08, 2015
yemaldo:
[b][/b]
Pls make sure u bring the pictures of their village and let see if there is mud house or not
there are mud houses in their villages. i don't have pixs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by cindicandy(f): 8:49am On Apr 08, 2015
Its true igbos don't live in such rural areas like ibadam and abeakuta because it was built with mud blocks. Until u people start building with cement blocks igbos will continue to avoid the place.

Aloralord1:

Igbos dont live in Abeokuta and Ibadan ? You must be deceiving yourself!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 08, 2015
OperationIgrigi:

**grin** No the oil is your father's property. Go and tell Obinna from Etche, rivers and Chinedu from Iseleukwu, delta that your father put the oil there in their land. Make sure you come back with your head on your neck. Ungrateful ofenmanu **LOLS**
When did Lagos become centre of excellence and when did Nigeria become dependent on oil ? U dont know Jack about history! Lagos wasnt developed with oil money alone. The sea ports and its strategic location is the main reason Lagos is Lagos. Didnt Tinubu do wonders even when OBJ seized the 'oil money' for Lagos? Go drink your oil!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by phiszo(m): 8:50am On Apr 08, 2015
X21:

Is any body in Enugu telling you to leave the city. Are you being harrassed because you are not Ibo. can you share your experience.
i'm not being harrassed. it's only that you barely find other tribes here..

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 8:51am On Apr 08, 2015
oikechukwu:

Hahaha haha hahaha that's the problem with Yoruba.they think every Igbo is in SW. Now it all makes sense why this people see Igbo in other parts of SW. No wonder they delude themselves and try to falsely claim igbo full SW including non lagos areas and villages. Hahaha haha. E don make sense.

Nwoke una obsession with igbo is beyond creepy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For your information, I don't reside in any SW area. Hahahaha. I won't be surprised if una call air igbo in that Area too. Ha

So, how is your gully-eroded land doing? And I must congratulate you for accepting your ill-fate and staying put in your gully eroded landlocked place of birth. Many of your flaathead blodas are not as bold as you. At least, your family won't need to dig a grave for you when you die; they will only throw your dead body in one of them natural graves (gully) and that is all.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:52am On Apr 08, 2015
It has to do with competitiveness and willingness to survive. No tribe are better than Igbos in that. The business yorubas do here is mostly sewing of cloths they have no rival and enjoy huge patronage from Igbos here, the hausa and fulani here are into cattle and goal selling and foodstuff, others are into jewelry and shoe making business and suya business. No business you will do in igboland apart the aforementioned that igbo men have not been doing for years and still travel to other region and still dominate trade there. I know many guys who could not be able to cope with the competition here leaving for other region to start up business. People travel to where they will have advantage you don't expect some Chinese companies like techno and others making wave in Africa to travel to Europe and America they can't survive the competition there.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by backtosender: 8:52am On Apr 08, 2015
yet igboland is more develop than all the yoruba states this is why they all claim lagos.... i wonder why yoruba barbaric animals juju people....bush people that still learning how to use a sitting toilets in 21st century is still yapping about igbos SMH i blame zik for joining scavengers with igbos sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 08, 2015
cindicandy:
Its true igbos don't live in such rural areas like ibadam and abeakuta because it was built with mud blocks. Until u people start building with cement blocks igbos will continue to avoid the place.

Baby, Abeokuta and Ibadan are filled with mud houses? Are u a comedian? U mean Mr Chukwudi, uche and co i know are not true igbos ? U can do better than this babe! They are still there oo and more of their relatives keep coming.lol

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 8:55am On Apr 08, 2015
cindicandy:

As usual; self deception in full swing. The fugitive blood that your fathers got from their forefather, Cain will always make them and you wander to every corner of Nigeria; including Abeokuta, Ibadan, ondo, akure, to mention but t a few. Mark you, I'm not blaming you for it. It is the wanderer gene in you that is to be blamed. Ndo OSU.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by cindicandy(f): 8:56am On Apr 08, 2015
Aloralord1:

Baby, Abeokuta and Ibadan are filled with mud houses? Are u a comedian? U mean Mr Chukwudi, uche and co i know are not true igbos ? U can do better than this babe! They are still there oo and more of their relatives keep coming.lol

Yes there are no igbos in such rural areas as ibadan and abeakuta. Osogbo is a complete forest and rocks.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 8:58am On Apr 08, 2015
cindicandy:

Yes there are no igbos in such rural areas as ibadan and abeakuta. Osogbo is a complete forest and rocks.
Yeah you are right. S what are you still doing here? Why not go to your "city" in alaigbo if you dare?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by phiszo(m): 8:58am On Apr 08, 2015
asha80:
which now begs the question..where does the non tolerance come in?is it the igboman's fault that people of other ethnics don't come there since you admit it is a nice place?
not at all. maybe it's just that other tribes don't explore much like the igbos since the igbos are more industrious in nature.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photo Of Atiku Abubakar Relaxing At Home / Alaba Excel Abbey Assassinated In Ondo / Ben Murray-Bruce Welcomes Saraki To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.