Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard (36458 Views)

Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard / Igbo In Lagos Endorse Agbaje / 16 Political Parties Endorse Shift In Election Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by avenger74(m): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
I think we need to mind our business and put our interest upon our next generation to come. Let a working system continue to work. Fashola Haas proved that system can work in lagos and not withstanding that lagos used to be so dirty and full of robbers on daily basis, what we have seen is a story to tell our children how the old lagos used to be. Remember pure water nylons, smelling toxics in the street of lagos, remember roten corpses everywhere. Today we have cleaned atmosphere in lagos, trees and good roads. Most of us shouting JIMI, we forget that same PDP will drive JIMI and JIMI will not drive himself. Now the time to check out the people behind the scene before you raise your hands up. I like Jimi, he is wise and idealist, but I doubt if they will allow him to put it in use just like they did to Uncle Jona, making him the weakest president in Africa. Please I know a lot of people will go ahead and make a decision based on personal emotion, but think outside the box and see cleariñg. I pray that lagos continue to be riot free, fearfree and our children can go to school and other places without us panicking .

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by tunery004(m): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mitsurugi:

The advice is reciprocal bro, learn how to make your comments without descending into the pit of tribal innuendos. This comment for example "won't let those from states like Abia, Ebonyi
destroy the good works in lagos because of Envy and
Tribalism."
was highly unnecessary. For God's sake think of the world we are leaving for our kids! You might be a grand dad to an ibo, hausa and kanuri born tomorrow. What would you tell such a child if he read your post later in future? My argument, using your T.A.Orji example is a state aligning with the centre is not a guarantee for success, development or more importantly transparency!
Thanks so much correction noted, u are ryt abt a state align with d centre dos not guarantee success, but so far, Lagos has been successful, imagine the possibilities of things dat can b achieved if it align wit the centre. The PDP is a gamble cos they have no blueprint. So let's not gamble wit Lagos. Even Jimi Agbaje Commended dis present administration.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
It seems that AMBODE will win the election cos of his intense campaign, not quite long I got an sms from him talking about job creation and youth empowerment, which I believe thousands of lagosian will queue into his vision.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Arysexy(m): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
femi4:
Yeye dey smell, like say APC no defeat Pdp for presidential election in Lagos

With a little margin, u should be scared cos those pdp votes majorly came from non yorubas. Yoruba supported buhari for obvious reasons.

Now Lagos gubernatorial election is a different game entirely, most Yoruba that voted apc in presidential will vote pdp this time Cos Lagos is yearning for change, add the votes of non indigenes. Agbaje wins

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
CR77:
Your sisters are the portharcourt prostitute tongue tongue tongue

I nor get sister tongue ntor
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
Dandeson1:
I know say APGA must follow endorse, fucking party,

grin grin grin grin Na so e pain you reach?...
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by ak4God(m): 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
adaweezy:

Have you heard of ifako ijaiye
Alimosho has more voters than Bayelsa state
Agege
Kosofe
Eti osa

Abeg leave all these E-Rat warriors.They shouted,boasted more than this during Presidential election,but still could not win Lagos.No need to follow dem argue Jare.By Sunday their eyes go clear.Lagos is for APC.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by 2n2k(m): 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
Come o. I thought igbos said they did not give them pvc in Lagos. What are they going to use to vote JK in on Saturday?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by IVORY2009(m): 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
chibwike:
I think jimi has it...in lagos...he might win it....him winning it..would stress igbo's dominance in lagos...presently jimi and his campaign team....are in alaba...and everyone is rooting for them....Ambode had to bring vp-elect Osinbajo so as to gather momemtum...you need to see the way he was pleading for votes....buh the igbos had already made up their mind....i hope jimi wins....we also want change in lagos.

Jk we know, Jk we trust................
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
oneeast:
JK is winning this election by a very wide margin. cheesy

After voting for GMB .... I have no choice but to vote for JK... we need change everywhere cool

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Akanbee2015: 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
blueseacats:
I really find it hard to believe that some lagosians still don't understand that a vote for apc in lagos is simply a vote for tinubu. Howcome they preach so much change at the national level and for some reason lagos dont like change? Its really surprising.

So, because they the PDP kicked out of Aso Rock because they want change their, they should now want to kick out the CHANGE that they just installed in Abuja, out of Lagos? If you want change in ur village, go and get it. But the thing is, it's so not available here. Bye!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by tunery004(m): 3:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
ogene007:

You were screaming for change for the presidential elections because Osinbajo was on the ticket and your Jagabandit asked you to stand for change, now you are no longer interested in change because your Jagabandit has decreed otherwise. This just goes to show that you are not different from the Almajiris in the north who do not have capacity to think, other than what their masters have decreed. Your situation is even worse because tribalism and bigotry complicated your sickness. You are truly in a pathetic state, and only a complete brain transplant can redeem your type. Let me inform you that by the grace of God, change is coming to Lagos because JK we know, and JK we trust.
No one, I repeat, no one can tell the Yoruba's who to vote for. We are too intellectually sound to be spoonfeed. We voted Jona back den, we would av voted him but for his incompetencies, u don't change ur child school if she's doin well. U consolidate. We won't change a wining team. APC all the way

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by babajero(m): 3:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
tunery004:
Am a Lagosian, I love my state more than any foreigner
could. I want the progress of Lagos. I am not Voting to
Prove a Point like most foreigners are saying now, I am
voting for what is right. Lagos is working, am proud of
my state, I won't let those from states like Abia, Ebonyi
Tribalism. We all know what theodre Orji of the PDP
turn Abia into. Never will such happen in Lagos. I will
vote APC, to align Lagos with the Centre and to reap d
benefit of working with the FG.
Eko onibaje
My dear you just blabbing if lagos survided as an opposition before it will do it again, so stop the noise and go vote your candidate
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by ogene007: 3:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
tunery004:

Thanks for the insults it really shows ur level of intelligence. Whatever the Igbos are, rememba dat they are @ d forefront of destruction of Naija. 1st coup in Naija was by an Igbo man, the Civil war was by an igbo man and it was quelled by d Wisdom of a Yoruba man Awolowo, ur country is Biafra, u are slaves in Nigeria, cos we captured ur movement at Ore. U will remain as slaves in Naija
You are a slave by your thoughts and actions while the Igbos have never bowed to the hausa/fulani. and will never do so because we know and believe that we are God's own people. If God be for us, who can be against us. After the civil war, your Awolowo tried to decimate the Igbos economically by his wicked monetary policy, but what is the story today? Igbos are the biggest Landlords in Lagos, Abuja and various other major cities outside the southeast region, while your reaction, which is not different from the silly Oba is envy and sheer jealousy that a people you schemed all your life to put down are simply not being put down, but continue to go higher. On saturday, we will show you once again, how powerful we are as a people, when we sense that we have been threatened. Meanwhile, JK we know and JK we trust
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by missionmex(m): 3:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
It is getting hotter
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by BabaO2: 3:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mitsurugi:

My friend if you cant contribute intellectually go and pick your feeding bottle! Silly mongrel! angry Was Theodore Orji not aligned with the Centre? What is the problem of you cursed tribal imbeciles? angry
Hey ibo man, Orji was originally in PPA, then to APGA then to PDP for his personal gain, but we dont want that in Lagos, same way Jimi Agbaje; originally AD, then to AC, then to DPA then PDP for his own personal gains. Dont sabotage our development in Lagos state because your own is destroyed already.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by muyeeoo(m): 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

After voting for GMB .... I have no choice but to vote for JK... we need change everywhere cool

mumu change without thinking is not what we need. Change that is well calculated and has devlopmental benefit is what we clamoured for against GEJ. Change from non-performance, cluelessness, impunity, and corruption is what we clamored for. Unless you are telling me that all these exist in lagos then i will listen to your slogan of change.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Lifebender(m): 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
kristisking:
[s]jimi is my man.Where is that thug called oba?Let him threaten these people now if he's a man.Agbaje will give APC a run for their money.If that oba refuses to vote PDP,we will dethrone him[/s].

[size=18pt]Na ur papa enthroned himundecided[/size]
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by melomelo: 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
To ALL Igbos
Ambode is from Ondo state
JK is from Lagos state
JK we know
JK we trust
JK we want
JK we love
JK we fellow
JK we endorsed
JK we admire
JK we desire
JK our man
JK for Igbo pple
JK for ALL
Incorruptible JK
The man of his words
Tell them you can not die inside Lagoon
Vote JK and u will not regret

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by oneeast: 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
I just entered lagos this morning. From Sheraton at Mobolaji Bank Anthony way to Island its all about JK.

WE shall shake this town tomorrow in favor of JK

CHESSBOARD:

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by DobleO7: 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
tunery004:
Eko onibaje

Few questions for you

In what way are the people from states like Abia, Ebonyi destroying the state?
Is Jimi Agbaje from the states you mentioned?
When you say align Lagos with the Center, does that increase the statutory allocation for Lagos?
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by hotgunz(m): 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
tunery004:

Well, can u talk witout insults pls.
Av bin to @ least all the state in the south west, 2 states in the SS and 3 in the SE. So I know dos states I mentioned very well.
i dont insult bt it piss me off when u mention sumtin u re nt sure of wat did orji uzor kalu did to Abia?
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Mitsurugi(m): 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
tunery004:

Thanks so much correction noted, u are ryt abt a state align with d centre dos not guarantee success, but so far, Lagos has been successful, imagine the possibilities of things dat can b achieved if it align wit the centre. The PDP is a gamble cos they have no blueprint. So let's not gamble wit Lagos. Even Jimi Agbaje Commended dis present administration.

dude I supported buhari heck even my wife voted for him. I would prefer ambode, because i believe he has the credentials, continuity will work in Lagos' favour and more importantly... tinubu has the strange knack of picking the best. Not all Ibos subscribe to sentiments, there are many of us who are educated in the true sense of the word and have been involved in politics and governance. The truth is many shouting PDP and JK will likely not vote on Saturday! But at the end of the day let God's will be done! grin Peace bro.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by babajero(m): 3:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
omenka:
Waste of time.
If you have watched Spartacus you will know that that man was a man of principle and never supported evil, and agbaje will still do the same in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by akpanbaba: 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
All these people are for the lagoon
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Legalaffairs(m): 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
tunery004:
Eko onibaje

SOME ALIGNED STATES UNDER PDP PERFORMED/ PERFORMING BADLY. PERFORMANCE IS NOT EMBEDDED IN PARTY PLATFORM, IT IS A PERSONAL RESOLVE AND A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE.I ENCOURAGE YOU TO VOTE FOR INTEGRITY.
IF TO ALIGN IS THE REASON YOU WILL VOTE APC, THEN U DON'T HAVE A POINT. LAGOS FOR SIXTEEN YEARS MADE US BELIEVE THERE IS MERITS IN BEING UNALIGNED. EXPLAIN?
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by nnapo: 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
dre11:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/lagos-governorship-eight-parties-endorse-agbaje/

Power corrupts a man with a good heart not to talk of one with a questionable history. please I wish you all could look beyond this recent victory by APC and be aware of its leader, Tinubu who is quickly becoming the most powerful personality in nigerian politics, which i admire since he is one of the few people my generation was able to observe his humble beginning. he has the the ability to stand up to any challenge as he has proven in the past but his hands are not clean. I plead with nigerians not to be carried away with these CHANGE propaganda (as we all know that majority of the people who makes up APC are previous members of PDP so nothing much is changing) and give absolute power to APC , Tinubu. lets not forget that it took sixteen years to voice our discomfort if this people decide to misbehave it would take longer.
The only way out is to follow Tinubu legacy (since we all know that lagos has been the opposition party stronghold for quite a while) by leaving lagos as an opposition state by voting jimi. remember we would not have known some credible people like Fashola and the rest without a strong opposition party. If they claim to be the change we are looking for then the federal government should be able to look beyond their differences and develop Lagos with whoever is its Governor.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
it is my sincere wish to vote for Ambode and ensure he wins - I wish to teach Lagosians a wicked lesson in history grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by godoluwa(m): 3:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
adaweezy:

Have you heard of ifako ijaiye
Alimosho has more voters than Bayelsa state
Agege
Kosofe
Eti osa
the alimosho that APC government abandoned despite their 16years in government. No good road, epileptic power supply, pipeborne water to dat area iz zero.
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Mitsurugi(m): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
BabaO2:

Hey ibo man, Orji was originally in PPA, then to APGA then to PDP for his personal gain, but we dont want that in Lagos, same way Jimi Agbaje; originally AD, then to AC, then to DPA then PDP for his own personal gains. Dont sabotage our development in Lagos state because your own is destroyed already.

hey Yoruba man, read my post above and think it thru. I'll let this slip! grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by adeA1(m): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
Who says Nigeria has not disintegrated? Glearingly! We vnt but PDPites ve succeded in dividing along ethino-Relion bigotry whch to me is evn worse than goin into into disintegratn coz it safer to get ur way from a knwn Enemy.

PDPites used Trabalistic card in d Fedral but failed but now want to exploit d same in Yoruba land by sizin d soul of Yorubaland and surrender it to d foreigners. I knw it wll neva work as it wz nt work in d fedral.
I laugh in Yorubas wen I see APGA in d list.....lolz
We dnt care....

Lagos shall neva fall into d hand of foreigners who can't build their place by God' Grace

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by chiedu7: 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
[size=14pt]HABA OBA OF LAGOS GO DROWN MANY PEOPLE FOR LAGOON OH[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon Helps His Wife With Her Necklace In Public / Atiku Promises To Support Wike For President In 2027 / ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.