Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,446 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? (38942 Views)

Single Mum Dresses Up Like A Man To Celebrate Father's Day (Photos) / This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / She Lied About Her Sick Mum To Be With Another Man All Through The Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
XBLadez:

Pride or self-consolation? wink

Self consolation?
Read in between the lines dear
That's some happy woman there
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by pickabeau1: 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:

Beau beau
Do you personally have issues with single mum?
True true
angry

I don't

However you can never consider a single mom without putting the child in context

I have no issues with ex..

That's the truth
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 10:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
pickabeau1:

I don't

However you can never consider a single mom without putting the child in context

I have no issues with ex..

That's the truth

Are you thinking of a second wife?
cheesy cheesy
True true
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by InvertedHammer: 10:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
egbedore:
No one is perfect and we all make mistakes at one time or the other. And as the adage says "To sin is human,but to forgive is divine"

But I have noticed that it is always difficult for ladies that have issues out of wedlock to get a man that will love and marry them. After all,having a child isn't a disease.

Why is this so?
/
It depends on how the woman plays her ball.

Some single ladies cannot even find a husband na im Fiberasima (abi wetin be her name) don get five under her belt. And she has kids!

\
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by pickabeau1: 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:

Are you thinking of a second wife?
cheesy cheesy
True true

Lol..i don't get how this came about
But no
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by masqot(m): 10:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Many things are involved here but the salient reason in this part of the world is the societal norm. Don't forget a woman was meant to be "deflowered" on wedding night. With this at the back of people's minds, the man would ponder the acceptability of his decision before going ahead.
Other reasons are; responsibility and custody of the child, antecedent of the lady, the bond (love) that exists between the man and the woman e.t.c.
However, a woman could weather the storm if she's resolute on what she want in a relationship. Desperation, anxiety and apprehension lead to making mistakes and setting wrong priorities.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 10:53pm On Apr 15, 2015
pickabeau1:

Lol..i don't get how this came about
But no

So what's with your child consideration
Na you wan marry her?
Just give your own lil input
But you keep stressing it like you are thinking of bringing home another woman
grin grin

That your no
Hmmmmmm
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by EddyWorld(m): 10:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
[quote author=Dyt post=32715045][/quote]

Sounds somehow but it's the hard truth without mincing words... wink
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 10:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
EddyWorld:

Sounds somehow but it's the hard truth without mincing words... wink

So how many gfs you got
Don't lie?
cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by pickabeau1: 11:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:

So what's with your child consideration
Na you wan marry her?
Just give your own lil input
But you keep stressing it like you are thinking of bringing home another woman
grin grin

That your no
Hmmmmmm

I meant only few guys will not mind raising another man's child
There is a chance the child will not even appreciate the sacrifice
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
pickabeau1:

I meant only few guys will not mind raising another man's child
There is a chance the child will not even appreciate the sacrifice

In your own case do you mind?
cheesy cheesy

A child is a child
Whatever you nurture them with is what they grow up to know
If its with love
You get it Ib return
And if its the other way
Do you expect miracles?

Even applies to your own children

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
Timbuktou:

What is the wisdom in marrying a woman with an 8yo child? What makes that one a hypocrite for telling his friend the truth. Why marry a single mother when you can have your pick of a better demographic. I'm afraid, that guy was right. A new car has more value than second, third, or fourth hand. It's simple logic, really.

u comparing women with car..are they properties ? angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by 1stola: 11:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:
Duh!!!
Who says its hard to get suitors?
cheesy cheesy
They keep rolling in in triple folds
U attract what u want biko
I know lots of single mums that men are pleading to marry them
Even singles never get that kain attention
Bikonu speak for yourself alone
Its no freaking challenge
Accept me with my baggage or take a long walk
No time to waste
*whistling*
And wiggle comes to mind
Dreamer
Dey der dey deceive ursef
See her mouth like u attract what u like
U are a shît and you think you can attract flies...
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by 1stola: 11:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
cKaiser:
Most men wont want the drama involved with Single mothers

Some of them are still emotionally involved with their ex baby daddy

Some carry the baggage of what their baby daddy did to them into their new relationship

There is always the fear that the child/children from the previous marriage after spending a lot on them would never see you as their father and would still look for their own biological father

Moreover single girls are in excess demand, why would one need to go for an after 1?
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by pickabeau1: 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:

In your own case do you mind?
cheesy cheesy

A child is a child
Whatever you nurture them with is what they grow up to know
If its with love
You get it Ib return
And if its the other way
Do you expect miracles?

Even applies to your own children

Ok
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by EddyWorld(m): 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:

So how many gfs you got
Don't lie?
cheesy cheesy

I mean I like what u said...it's the plain truth though hard to accept...u wanna know how many I have?
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
1stola:

Dreamer
Dey der dey deceive ursef
See her mouth like u attract what u like
U are a shît and you think you can attract flies...

Why you mad?
cheesy
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Mayflowa(m): 11:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:
Duh!!!
cheesy cheesy
No time to waste
*whistling*
And wiggle comes to mind

You are right Dyt. This is the kind of attitude that get you a man. The issue here is complex-mixed. The problem lies with the single mums who had lost confidence in themselves and have devalued their self-worth. Once a man sense you are desperate whether you are single or single mum, the alter will be far o.

Again, taking care of their children is a huge task. The lady may not be able to go out at odd times. She has to share her love between her child and new boyfriend and may not even have the time to groom herself as she should. It is really a complex issues. A man has to be understanding to wanna share his life with a single mum.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by sidecheek(f): 11:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
MadCow1:
Op.

Wiggles... grin
like a little doggie¥ grin
Most single mums are just filling the right scale¥ many of them have the esteem of a puppy that was peered from his litter while still very young¥ they only all talk and their delusions becomes their medicine¥
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Bootylicious(f): 1:41am On Apr 16, 2015
And who says it's all single mothers that had issue out of wedlock? What abt single mothers as a result of divorce,infidelity from d side of d husband? Spouse death? How many ladies still keep unwanted pregnancies? Want to see single mothers as a result of wedlock go to KENYA..
egbedore:
No one is perfect and we all make mistakes at one time or the other. And as the adage says "To sin is human,but to forgive is divine"

But I have noticed that it is always difficult for ladies that have issues out of wedlock to get a man that will love and marry them. After all,having a child isn't a disease.

Why is this so?
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Stillfire: 2:05am On Apr 16, 2015
No rocket science here. There are just more desperate females who would take on a baby father.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by alvin000(m): 2:40am On Apr 16, 2015
Nursy:
Cos the men don't want extra liability undecided
My name is Alvin, am 32yrs old, serving in Abeokuta city, single n searching of a good woman who we can understand each other thru an open communication and settle down with. Here is my phn number for further discussion to anyone who's interested wt my criteria. Tribe or language is not a barrier and she must be not less than 25yrs old. 07036814810 (text only) BBM pin 2B83614D.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by iyknaz(m): 3:30am On Apr 16, 2015
Dyt:
Duh!!!
cheesy cheesy
No time to waste
*whistling*
And wiggle comes to mind
U sound like u'v been overused. How many children do u hav now outside wedlock? 10? No man will beg a lady with kids for marriage in this part of the world, except if the guy is handicapped, has a low self-esteem, blind, poor and needs the lady for financial support or just plain stupid. Y should I, with my money settle for an overused lady with a child or children when there are a lot of young, fresh and untouched ladies out thr.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by adekool4luv: 3:47am On Apr 16, 2015
If u are a single mother wth kid not more than one and u are God fearing,dark or fair slim tall nt too tall beautiful atleast doing something for living call me for sincere relationship on 08110121039 or 07036045734 i live in minna pls sincere and decent woman nt anyhow pls.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by 1stola: 4:33am On Apr 16, 2015
Dyt:

Why you mad?
cheesy
At what or who?
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Nobody: 4:46am On Apr 16, 2015
Dyt:
Duh!!!
cheesy cheesy
No time to waste
*whistling*
And wiggle comes to mind
This topic catch you? how many you Don born? keep consoling yourself
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Ekun123: 5:55am On Apr 16, 2015
It simply depends on how far is your understading of life as regards talking about a union. The fact that a single lady has a child does not make her not to be a good spouse. How many single without child that are so worn out because of their past events and may not even be productive again without your knowledge? Some single without issues are so attached to their as if they were maaried before. So.what difference with a married one?Some ladies found themeselves singles by circumstance beyond them. Forexample, 24 yrs that got married and have a child and the husband died after three years due to accident. Is that her fault?
Mindset, social acceptance, indecision, Unnecessary criteria for spouse selection and not being realistic are major part of the problems.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by NegeduGrace(f): 5:57am On Apr 16, 2015
cKaiser:
Most men wont want the drama involved with Single mothers

Some of them are still emotionally involved with their ex baby daddy

Some carry the baggage of what their baby daddy did to them into their new relationship

There is always the fear that the child/children from the previous marriage after spending a lot on them would never see you as their father and would still look for their own biological father

Moreover single girls are in excess demand, why would one need to go for an after 1?
who told u all dos single gals out dere re not guilty?dey re all mothers of dead children(abortion)..nna luk b4 u limp..ntn like after 1 oga,children re d most beautiful gifts from God..go marry make ur wife no born for u nau if u go happy u wey d call pson after 1
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Timbuktuo: 6:43am On Apr 16, 2015
sconp:
in cases where contraceptives fail??

Abstinence is a good option then. Nobody is forced to have sexx are they? Ever heard of anybody who died from lack of sexx?
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by creepsyme(f): 6:48am On Apr 16, 2015
Dyt:
Duh!!!
cheesy cheesy
No time to waste
*whistling*
And wiggle comes to mind
you are the best. I was actually wondering if the op is a part if this world, as a matter of fact men prefer single mothers these days cos its a comfort to them that the lady is fertile.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Timbuktuo: 6:51am On Apr 16, 2015
iyknaz:
U sound like u'v been overused. How many children do u hav now outside wedlock? 10? No man will beg a lady with kids for marriage in this part of the world, except if the guy is handicapped, has a low self-esteem, blind, poor and needs the lady for financial support or just plain stupid. Y should I, with my money settle for an overused lady with a child or children when there are a lot of young, fresh and untouched ladies out thr.
May your days be long and fruitful. Sadly, those set of guys are on the increase. Any man who marries a single mother does not have value or does not understand his own value.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Timbuktuo: 6:54am On Apr 16, 2015
creepsyme:
you are the best. I was actually wondering if the op is a part if this world, as a matter of fact men prefer single mothers these days cos its a comfort to them that the lady is fertile.

Abeg, don't bring lies here. So, men have left the relatively unspoiled and are searching foe women with children to marry? All liars will go to hell, I hope you know that. We're not talking about men with low sperm count here o, we're talking healthy virile men. Single mothers can make do with the biological dregs of society, we healthy ones wouldn't mind. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Man Has Every Right To Sleep With His Wife After Traditional Marriage / Nkechi Opara Missing. Please Notify If You See This Missing Lady! / What Kids Did When Dad Told Them He Didn't Have Money To Buy Them Juice (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.