Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? (39065 Views)

Single Mum Dresses Up Like A Man To Celebrate Father's Day (Photos) / This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / She Lied About Her Sick Mum To Be With Another Man All Through The Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Thereishel: 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:
Duh!!!
Who says its hard to get suitors?
cheesy cheesy
They keep rolling in in triple folds
U attract what u want biko
I know lots of single mums that men are pleading to marry them
Even singles never get that kain attention
Bikonu speak for yourself alone
Its no freaking challenge
Accept me with my baggage or take a long walk
No time to waste
*whistling*

It is not a challenge? Be deceiving yourself
And wiggle comes to mind
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Thereishel: 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2015

Dyt:
Duh!!!
cheesy cheesy
No time to waste
*whistling*

And wiggle comes to mind

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
Fourwinds:
no not true. If u go to page 4 of dis tread u will see where i listed 4 cogent reasons y marrying a single mother might be dicey.
I stated my own reason too. Its easier for a single dad to walk up to any girl he wants but it's not same with a single mum.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by anwo247: 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Not sure if any of my sons comes home with a single mum, that I will approve of the Marriage.

Single mum shd target a widower or divorcee at best.

An inexperienced man who is supposed to be the head of the house should not be learning from the wife who already pass through some rudiments of marriage/child raising. The fun a d adventure of freshers will not be there.

That marriage will not work out. Even that lady will eventually be ungrateful for the sacrifice of that man. Don't quote me because you are deriving your points from text book but I am not. All such marriages I have seen failed eventually with the man questioning himself for being to nice....

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Bamz(m): 8:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
I think it's time I spilled this.

I really don't think so. Maybe some are not just attractive enough or they're not really ready for re-marriage.

I'm having something to do with a Guyanese chick atm, she's a single mom, and she's as hot as they come. I personally won't mind her because of our soul attraction.

Most of them are usually not in a rush to get into a relationship so I doubt if 'challenge' is the right word... single moms are very cautious and sensitive when it comes to choosing new partners.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:
Duh!!!
cheesy cheesy
No time to waste
*whistling*
And wiggle comes to mind

I agree with you.

Single mums are simply women who misused their opportunites and still do not know what they want.. I know many of them. Suitors aren't their problems..

The prettiest lady in my area is one.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 8:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Naughtysite:

Single mums are simply women who misused their opportunites and still do not know what they want.. I know many of them. Suitors aren't their problems..

undecided undecided
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 8:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
Bamz:
I think it's time I spilled this.

I really don't think so. Maybe some are not just attractive enough or they're not really ready for re-marriage.

I'm having something to do with a Guyanese chick atm, she's a single mom, and she's as hot as they come. I personally won't mind her because of our soul attraction.

Most of them are usually not in a rush to get into a relationship so I doubt if 'challenge' is the right word... single moms are very cautious and sensitive when it comes to choosing new partners.

Chop kiss
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by saintaustine(m): 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
Single Mothers Are Very Nice Set Of Ladies, They Are Very Caring, and Nice To any Man they Eventually Get Married To. They Display Qualities Of A ”Very Good“ Wife Material. But On The Long Run, The Stupid, Naughty And Wayward Character That Made Them SINGLE MOTHER's Will Start to Manifest. This Is Just One Of The Reasons, Why They Are Left Alone For Men Of Their Type.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by kaboninc(m): 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:

Chop kiss

Take am

shocked
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by tintingz(m): 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
Many single mothers don't dress smartly, you see them looking like old women.

If these single mothers dress smartly and classy there will be single guys chasing and want to marry them, it is not only about the child they had out of wedlock it is how they appear/dress.

Lastly many guys won't want to marry a after 1,2 woman, they prefer marrying girls with no kids even if she had abortion in the past(guys hypocrisy), they don't want another man's child and sometimes it is not always the guy not wanting to marry a single mum it is the family that reject the union.

This is where "polygamy" comes in, this is the advantage of polygamy in the society for single mothers.
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Getting married as a single mother is challenging because.....

I seriously don't know what to say
Sorry op cheesy cheesy
You're foolish

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by octopusfreaky(f): 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
kinibigdeal:
With 3-4 kids omotola still look dateable, at that age genevieve still look awesome. Some ladies even after giving birth, fail to package themselves, they simple make themselves look like waste bin. Having a child out of wedlock is not the problem, the problem is the wedlock in the appearance of the lady!!! Giving birth doesn't mean you should start dressing like my grand ma in the village :/
Kisses,,,i love you for this post ,,once again kisses ..packaging matters for women..

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by sconp: 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
Timbuktuo:

Whatever happened to abstinence or contraception, etc. Bros, come and register in my adult school. There's a lot you're still to learn.
in cases where contraceptives fail??
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Nursy(f): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Exactly. But like he said no one is above mistake. If not for the liability aspect of having a child one didn't budget, being a single mother doesn't mean the woman is wayward. It takes a very brave single woman to keep a pregnancy which eventually results to a child.
Fourwinds:
correct. Dats one very good point.
2. It will be funny to bring a girl with a kid to ur family and announce to dem u want to get weded except ur have urs already. AMANDIOHA.
3. U may have problem dealing with dat child once she/he grows up in d near future because he/she is not ur biological child.
4. Dis one is very deadly. Some women are not loyal at all. It is just like d case of a girl who will never forget d guy dat disvirgin her. Women are too emotional, d guy dat dump dem before dey find comfort in u can appear one day. Before u say Jesus, u will find her all over him and she is gone with d guy and d child. Dis one in particular, i fear women.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by cupidhero(m): 9:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
Most of them don't believe that hot dudes like me can actually date and marry them without cheating on them,mostly em divorced single moms.
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by zeusdgrt(m): 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
KillerBeauty:

smileyI suppose your parents were not been paid for raising you yet if you ask them they will probably tell you that they enjoyed raising you from childhood to adulthood. You don't need to get paid for every job you do now. I doubt if you're been paid for being in this site right now. Some things are just worth it in the end wink
job,obligation,career and leisure are three different things mydear do check the meaning
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by bee444: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
There's only one simple logic to this question... single mothers don't love.. period!

They think you owe them some stake. Guys don't like women that talks all day about their problems. Single mum are like men... too masculine in behaviour and lack the patience to build a solid relationship.

Single mum's kid have to like you, else, nothing will happen between you and their mum.

And the last reason why single mum find it difficult to hold down a man is because single mums are too cheap. Guys knows this.... buy their kids gift and enter the 'promise land' without even trying.

Some single mums have low self-esteem and don't know how to say no. Some are too career-oriented and wouldn't even know it when time flies by.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Jetwld(m): 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Firstly it is the prayer & wishes of every single man to have a lady dat's complete.
Meaning not yet used up by another man
& d reason is marrying a lady dat's with kid can generate some problems in the nearby future coz from past experience i'v gathered most of them in one way or d other do av some link still connecting dem with d father of d kid which result in some other shits most of d time
Nd in another words u may want to reason dat if d lady is of gud quality nd admirable xracter y would she leave her 1st husband
But Not all cases do diz condition applies anyway so if u ave a lady with kids just pray over it nd study her very well b4 embarking on d journey
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
Viciyus:

My papa no marry single mother

My grandfather no marry single mother

My great grandfather no marry single mother

My fore fore father no marry single mother

My ancestors no marry single mother

Why I go come break the rule marry single mother?

Na course
lol
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Jusome: 9:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
it all depend on choices....one man meat is another mans poison....any man who cant marry a woman dat has a child out of wedlock should not conderm another man who marries a single mother...alot of persons marry for many reasons.....since there is no where in the bible is it commanded either to marry a single mother or not to marry is on personal preferences...so no one should conderm anyone who cant marry or agree to marry...once dere is mutual understnding one can mary a single mother...the child may turn out to be an important figure in the society....JOSELPH IN THE BIBLE MARRIED A SINGLE MOTHER....marry was not loose or immoral but she gave birth to Jesus before joself strtd avng sex with her.....in the same vain grls who are truely victims of rape and got pregnant are not loose or immoral thus is not bad if any man agree to marry her....the secret to family hapiness is all about WIFE HAVING DEEP RESPECT FOR THE MAN, THE MAN LOVING THE WIFE AS HIS OWN BODY...CHILDREN BE OBEDIENT TO UR PARENT....MARIAGE BED BE WOTHOUT DEFILEMENT....we cant say somone who is immoral cant repent afterall rehab in d bible was not a vigirn but a prostitute and JESUS came from her linage of chronology of acestors...so if u love a grl..marry her if she has a baby love her for who she is...true who is not just about wht u feel but combination of wht you feel and know about a person
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by KillerBeauty(f): 9:23pm On Apr 15, 2015
zeusdgrt:
job,obligation,career and leisure are three different things mydear do check the meaning
Yes I know. But there are different meaning of the word job. There is a "paid job" in which you work for money, a "task" which is a job you have to do and a "duty" which is a responsibility.
So you should know the one I was refering to in my post
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by zeusdgrt(m): 9:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
KillerBeauty:

Yes I know. But there are different meaning of the word job. There is a "paid job" in which you work for money, a "task" which is a job you have to do and a "duty" which is a responsibility.
So you should know the one I was refering to in my post
the word job entails financial gains for service that's y is diff from a career which is done for passion and a task is not recurrent in nature and more of a contract term while a duty tends to incline with a self impose will which is duly enforced by ones willingness or sometimes effective with stringent sanctions and default effects
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by KillerBeauty(f): 9:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
zeusdgrt:
the word job entails financial gains for service that's y is diff from a career which is done for passion and a task is not recurrent in nature and more of a contract term while a duty tends to incline with a self impose will which is duly enforced by ones willingness or sometimes effective with stringent sanctions and default effects
Dude just check the dictionary for the meaning of the word "job" and its application. You would be able to understand more clearly the explanation I rendered. I believe my signature is simple to comprehend and it doesn't need to be agued. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by XBLadez: 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Dyt:
Duh!!!
cheesy cheesy
No time to waste
*whistling*
And wiggle comes to mind
Pride or self-consolation? wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by zeusdgrt(m): 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
KillerBeauty:

Dude just check the dictionary for the meaning of the word "job" and its application. You would be able to understand more clearly the explanation I rendered. I believe my signature is simple to comprehend and it doesn't need to be agued. Thanks
i like U,am osas hit me up on whatsapp 07032399448
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by RAO1(m): 10:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
simply because some men are "zone B "....do as other do ,,,,,do as others say ..afraid of being known as Oko after 1 (After 1's husband) by family members and friends ....

Men, go for who u like .....don't b confused by the so-called society norms .....abi na Qur'an or Bible forbids marrying a single mother (though formication/ adultery is/r forbidden )
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by RAO1(m): 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
cKaiser:
Most men wont want the drama involved with Single mothers

Some of them are still emotionally involved with their ex baby daddy

Some carry the baggage of what their baby daddy did to them into their new relationship

There is always the fear that the child/children from the previous marriage after spending a lot on them would never see you as their father and would still look for their own biological father

Moreover single girls are in excess demand, why would one need to go for an after 1?
mister, majority of ladies/ married women ( DT are not even single mothers) still stay connected with their exes , physically or emotionally ......y do skul mates still continue with their relationship after getting married to different spouses
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Fourwinds: 10:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
Nursy:
Exactly. But like he said no one is above mistake. If not for the liability aspect of having a child one didn't budget, being a single mother doesn't mean the woman is wayward. It takes a very brave single woman to keep a pregnancy which eventually results to a child.
yeah. did u read Point number 4.?? dat alone can stop a man from marrying a single mother. for me I don't want to take d risk
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by pickabeau1: 10:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
MadCow1:
Op.

Once upon a time, I would have opened a thread like this because I honestly believed it to be true but look at me now..

I have dated 3 single mothers and they were amongst the best relationships I ever had. The stories behind the babies ranged from r-ape at the age of 15 to juvenile delinquency that resulted in a pregnancy. I am older now and understand the complexities of the world a little better now that is why i advocate legalization of abortion cos some of these girls would have aborted these babies if they could do it legally and safely.

However I will address your post for what it is.

The reason is seems like single mothers don't find suitors are as follows;

1. The single mothers themselves.. If the women let's herself go just because she is a single mother, then she only has herself to blame for not attracting ant suitors. In fact whether she is a mother or not, if she does not packages herself to be attractive, she will not attract anyone. Some women just wallow in self pity or what have you and just let themselves go. They are not attractive, don't seem to be pushing themselves to achieve any goals and tend to blame their situation on the kid.

2. Only a handful of men and mostly boys have this mentality of not marrying single mothers. I use to be one of them, then I grew up.

3. For the handful of guys who hold this line of thought, it is based mostly on the fact that they would have to raise another man's child. Also that child would always be the elephant in the room in that relationship and the child is very likely to complicate the marriage. Issues with regards to discipline, love, respect and more are issues that make most guys who hold this view abstain from marrying a single mother. Another key reason is also acceptance by extended family members like his mother and co. These I believe are the reasons why the few guys who feel this way would rather not marry a single mother and I can't fault them as such.

To the single mothers; You are seen by men as what you present yourself to be. If you see having a child out of wedlock as a problem then that's what that child would be. Men (not boys) mostly don't care about such especially when the mother has a good head on her shoulder and seems to be doing very well for herself and her kid. My advice to you is simply to accept the child as a part of your life which they are and start pursuing a future for them. Raise the child well so their attitude isn't appalling to your dates. Take care of yourself and look as sweet and sexy as possible. Be focused and watch men fall all around you.

Shout out to Dyt. If we were in a different place and time, you would be my other wife and I would nickname you Wiggles... grin

You said all the right things..bro
However you dated 3 single mom's and married none.....right?

undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Dyt(f): 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
pickabeau1:

You said all the right things..bro
However you dated 3 single mom's and married none.....right?

undecided

Beau beau
Do you personally have issues with single mum?
True true
angry
Re: Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? by Fourwinds: 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
RAO1:

mister, majority of ladies/ married women ( DT are not even single mothers) still stay connected with their exes , physically or emotionally ......y do skul mates still continue with their relationship after getting married to different spouses
yeah. dst is where I dey say some women brain dey absent. I hate such. how can some get married yet u are still attach to ex. y didn't d ex marry her if she was good for him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Please Help Save My Marriage / Ochuko Uzere: Missing Person, Lost At Sea In Patani River And Its Environs / I Denied My Wife Food This Night, Are My Right Or Wrong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.