Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses (70847 Views)

Naira To Reverse Losses This Week, Banks To Process FX Transactions Within 24hrs / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" / Xenophobia: Mtn's Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by cococandy(f): 12:43am On Apr 21, 2015
Well that could happen.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by luvinhubby(m): 12:43am On Apr 21, 2015
Story for the gods.....
There are at least three other similar telecom firms in Nigeria that will simply expand it's services & scope of operations and assimiliate such workforce effortlessly, or worse still, nationalise that damn offshoot company of hating barbarians called Zulus.
Just waiting for the first move to join the vandalism, after all we did not start it.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by jametex(m): 12:44am On Apr 21, 2015
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by abbasbo003(m): 12:45am On Apr 21, 2015
See how this ppl dey threaten Nigeria my country...let our government closed the company and let see who will lose more? We are talking about live here not biz, once zuma can't help the situation of the issue going on then let mtn face the music. If u watch the video u all cry...our government is dem week, let them close down mtn, dstv, afrosam and other companies SA have in Nigeria u all see that the stupid zuma will address the issue immediately. But our stupid law maker just sitting in the office thinking our mtn will settle them not to close down SA business in my dear country. I cant wait till May 29th.

8 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by talktofemi: 12:45am On Apr 21, 2015
Why didn't they warns on the potential profit loss on their part?

Closing them down will definitely have a chain reaction.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by bamiwuye: 12:45am On Apr 21, 2015
Don't know what to say, but I dey vex 4 MTN. I go port comot 4 una network. Beside u na no sabi compensate customer. Bleep all'ya.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by RealAlfranco: 12:46am On Apr 21, 2015
koligs:
IGBO phobia will soon start on Nairaland

Bad people

Say No to IGBO phobia
ur own jst turn like say u no get sense

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 21, 2015
Dyt:
Well
We Nigerians only have *starting* *initial gragra*
grin grin
Ofcus we will adapt
See reverse psychology na
Chai
We are not modeled with such backward mentality for reprisal, we are way too educated and enlightened for that. Its not about *initial gragra*

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Owodiong(m): 12:46am On Apr 21, 2015
Werin concern me...i no de wrk for mtn nah even ma number na glo nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 21, 2015
if nigeria privatized bp to ap, nigeria can do better by buying out the sa outfit and there are capable nigerians home and abroad that will pay pennies per dollar face value and do better job. if white and black sa can't appreciate the 'stand by your people' nigeria did eradicate apartheid and in post apartheid where they are now making out like bandits, its better that 9ja shows its fangs.

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by emmykk(m): 12:47am On Apr 21, 2015
If You hear that an MTN facilities got burn before weekend no say na me do am...

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by omogin(f): 12:47am On Apr 21, 2015
Mtn is so so stupid. Who do you think you are doing a favour. I thought I should keep my cool but since you couldn't keep your arrogance and stupidity to yourself then get the hell out of Nigeria fast. 6000 ko, threatening your hosts. Foolish company from a foolish country

Boycott mtn everyone

27 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by chibuike65: 12:47am On Apr 21, 2015
daboydamien:
lipsrsealed u get sense so?
am not surprise that's what you ask your father every day if he get sense so

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by treasuredm(f): 12:50am On Apr 21, 2015
I c reasons with them though... Retaliation is not always d answer

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by cap28: 12:51am On Apr 21, 2015
BOYCOTT THEM!!! NIGERIANS WILL NOT DIE. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in ordr to reap the long term gain. Long term, Nigeria is better off without these racist exploiters who only use you as cheap labour while they amass millions from your blood and sweat, kick them out and make them suffer, let me see where else they will go in the world to sell their crappy services, they know they cant venture into Europe or Asia as those markets are already controlled by bigger players in the telecoms industry, fck them I hope this protest gets bigger and bigger and eventually bankrupts them.

11 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by ohenhen1: 12:51am On Apr 21, 2015
Globacom and other companies will come in and hire them. Make them close shop.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by phenzeek: 12:52am On Apr 21, 2015
chibuike65:
IGBO phobia will soon start in Nigeria

Bad people

Say No to IGBO phobia

You're starting it already "creating the thought in people's mind". Now who is bad ?

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by tpiadotcom: 12:52am On Apr 21, 2015
Is he related to goodluck?

Anyway, this is one of the reasons folks wanted gej to stay in aso rock I guess.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by ohenhen1: 12:52am On Apr 21, 2015
We need to create

#BoycottSouthAfrica

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 21, 2015
Aregs:
Okay we don hear sha, we go reconsider but MTN suppose do promo for us just to calm us down... If na just 2GB data for #500
daft
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by cap28: 12:53am On Apr 21, 2015
treasuredm:
I c reasons with them though... Retaliation is not always d answer

retaliation is ALWAYS the answer when you are dealing with animals.

5 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by issylarry(m): 12:53am On Apr 21, 2015
No b in fault na,na high unemployment rate cos am
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by galadee(m): 12:53am On Apr 21, 2015
this one na blackmail oo

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by chibuike65: 12:54am On Apr 21, 2015
phenzeek:

You're starting it already "creating the thought in people's mind". Now who is bad ?
oba started it first

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 21, 2015
slimmy05:
We are not modeled with such backward mentality for reprisal, we are way too educated and enlightened for that. Its not about *initial gragra*
shut up
Ode
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 21, 2015
soe:
shut up
Ode
I don't respond to nuisance like you. smiley
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by rafcrown(m): 12:57am On Apr 21, 2015
PACK AND GO TO YOUR BLOODY VILLAGE.
BOYCOTT S/AFR.2015
TOTAL BOYCOTT.
THEY WILL BE FIXED,JUST GO AND GET PROVIDE JOBS FOR THE BLOOD-THIRSTY HOOLIGANS

8 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by onoja12: 12:57am On Apr 21, 2015
Rubbish,if you shut down,the other network would expand,leading to them moping up the over 6000,plus the profit would no-longer be leaving Nigeria so its a stronger Nigerian economy,please let us shut mtn down

Adesiji77:
MTN Nigeria on Monday warned that should there be attacks on its facilities, it might be forced to close shop and 99 per cent of its over 6,000 workforce in the country, who are Nigerians, would be thrown into the labour market.

It also said that calls for the boycott of its services were unjustified as such an action would affect its support chain, which could cause another 500,000 Nigerians to lose their means of livelihood.

The company stated this in Lagos some hours after two groups protested in its Abuja and Benin offices against the killing of foreigners in its home country, South Africa.

According to the Corporate Service Executive, MTN Nigeria, Mr. Wale Goodluck, there are only 12 expatriates working for the company in the country, compared to a workforce of 6,000 Nigerians.

Goodluck said, “So, if people go ahead with their threats to attack our facilities, what that means is that we may be forced to close down the business in Nigeria and about 6,000 Nigerians that make up 99 per cent of our workforce will be unemployed.

“Then, when you look at our support chain, we have about 500,000 Nigerians gainfully employed. So, boycotting our services simply means destroying so many other Nigerian businesses and making over 500,000 other Nigerians to lose their jobs.

“This business supports a lot of businesses across the length and breadth of Nigeria. Many of the businesses that are affiliated to South Africa are in the retail space, supporting the growth of Nigeria and employing so many Nigerians.”

He noted that the company had spent in excess of $15bn on capital expenditure growing the telecommunications business in Nigeria.

“We see no revenge of Xenophobia and we commend the role the Nigerian High Commissioner in South Africa has played; at least there has been no fatality on the part of any Nigerian,” Goodluck added.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/xenophobia-mtn-nigeria-warns-of-6000-job-losses/

lalasticlala

10 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Dyt(f): 12:58am On Apr 21, 2015
slimmy05:

Yes we are Nigerians
And that's what makes us Nigerians

#sufferingandsmiling
I am a proud one sha
I dey suffer dey smile
No backward mentality
We are too way educated and enlightened
Cool
Really cool

cheesy
See me blabbing
cheesy
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by soldierdollar(m): 12:58am On Apr 21, 2015
The only thing I will miss is Mtn simple server angry
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by bogolobango(m): 12:59am On Apr 21, 2015
Oya dangote go and buy that yeye mtn na small change nw

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 21, 2015
koligs:
IGBO phobia will soon start on Nairaland

Bad people

Say No to IGBO phobia
Who is this again o?
Why are you saying something like this in this heated period.
Have never abuse anyone here but sorry to say
You must be a cow.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Welcome-Hisenjos Fiverr,Freelancer via Payoneer Skrill Exchange Customer Support / See What I Found In My Kolo In Just A Month (pictures ) / "2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.